[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else just not fit into imageboard culture that well?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1486838929_file.gif (2MB, 511x337px) Image search: [Google]
1486838929_file.gif
2MB, 511x337px
Does anyone else just not fit into imageboard culture that well? I like imageboards more than anything else online, but I got my start on the namefag internet years ago and hence I will never fit in with you people.
>>
File: 1479571787499.jpg (21KB, 211x220px) Image search: [Google]
1479571787499.jpg
21KB, 211x220px
>wanting a rep in an anonymous imgboard
>>
>>39600559
Yeah. I used to be a forumfag for years and years. I love imageboards for their lack of censorship (well, not so much anymore) but the quality of the discussions is usually quite shit. Can't have your cake and eat it too I guess.
>>
>>39600614
Yeah, same brah. The 18 year olds on here just don't get it.

My mannerisms mostly come from my formative years on the internet, which was being a namefag, going on forums, youtube, a wide swathe of shitty sites that wasted my time. But those sites were a reflection of those sites and they stuck with me.

Don't get me wrong, I honestly hated the old internet, and I'm glad we live in an era of more honesty, more criticisms and less circlejerking. But I still stick out like a sore thumb no matter what I do here.
>>
>>39600850
Protip: 4chan culture is based on namefag forum cultures. Anonymous imageboards are a direct response to post count whoring. You fit in fine if you don't point out that you're different.
>>
>>39600876
Those sites were a reflection of those times* I meant

Well, I even stick out when I use exclamation marks or ..... apparently. It's a spectrum of ways, no pun intended.
>>
>>39600850
>>39600903
Stop redditspacing and you'll be good.
>>
>>39600559
I've used forums and IM chats before but I've always loved the anonymity of chans way more.

I can't go back to forums. I've noticed that they've started to be less about fostering communities and talking about whatever the major focus of the forum is and more about getting popular and getting internet points now (what I call "redditification"). With 4chan, 7chan, and all that, I like that I can just spit some shit and talk however I want. Problem is you don't get that sense of close-knit community like on forums and people here are connected more by abstract concepts or identities rather than by a common interest, even on the boards specifically for interests.
>>
>>39600916
I type that way because of forums.

>>39600920
Forums are autistic circlejerks where you have your token featured regulars and then a mass of 0-100 poster types who couldn't give a fucking less. The only reasons the communities survive is because the token regulars form the culture and mostly never go away.

Almost all mods and admins of forums are snarky neckbeards, I never knew why, but they just were and they had power abuse complexes.
>>
>>39600916
yo bro check out these sweet filters

# filter reddit-like posts
/^(>>\d*\n)?[\S ]{1,140}\n\n[\S ]{1,140}$/
/(>>\d*\n)?([\S ]{1,140}\n\n){2,}/
/^[\s\S]{0,140}$/i;op:only
>>
>>39600559

I got my start on forums years and years ago, but I never actually posted on any of the big 'internet culture' forums like SA, I posted on this Newfie site called BlueKaffee (can't believe I'm actually saying that lol) and because literally everyone my age in my city posted there, there was no reason to post anywhere else. It was only after Facebook killed the site that I had to look elsewhere for place where you don't need to worry about offending Grandma, cousin Pixie the Transgender, PC Principal and Aunt Gertrude.

Eventually I found the chanz and eventually later out into Reddit, which is simply a masterpiece of online community building and serious contender for greatest site of all time.

Because I got started on imageboards pretty early I don't really care about fitting in here. If you even care what anybody here thinks about anything, you're doing it wrong. You need to realize that about 60% of what's posted on here is straight up satire, 30% is half-ironic but with a little kernel of truth to it, and 10% doesn't get replies. Most shit that's posted on here doesn't give you even the vaguest indication as to what the person's motive for posting it was--that's why obvious troll threads here (like "I just shat in my own dick using a syringe pic related") get so many serious replies; it's not that anybody thinks OP is being sincere, it's just such an obvious troll that they play along with the fantasy. Saying "this is a troll" on an imageboard is redundant, the only question is whether it's an entertaining troll or not.

I'll say this: I do find it annoying how actually trying to discuss anything seriously on here practically guarantees you'll get no replies. Everything is rated on the 'amusing' factor and it's ultimately he who acts most like a retard who gets the most replies. I forget that sometimes but fortunately I have reddit to satisfy my longings for the heavier topics that chantards are retarded for.

//RedditOut
>>
>>39600949
>I type that way because of forums.
Don't stop, "reddit spacing" is the stupidest fucking thing this board has ever come up with and calling it out is 100% an excuse to shitpost
>>
>>39601659
>simply a masterpiece of online community building
Reddit used to be all right until Aaron Swartz an heroed and it got taken over by lefty fascists. Now it's just a festering whale corpse.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.