[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old were you when you realised there was more to life than life?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1504671736302.png (304KB, 2100x854px) Image search: [Google]
1504671736302.png
304KB, 2100x854px
How old were you when you realised there was more to life than life?
>>
>>39557552
Life is all there is for the human consciousness.
>>
>>39557826
How can you be 100% certain on that when life itself is based purely on chemical reactions and man made math that isn't even 3,000 years old yet?
>>
>>39557894
Because most people report seeing jackshit after dying and coming back.
>>
>>39557935
But what about the electrical impulses that run through your body because of said chemicals? Energy can't be destroyed. Only displaced. And our consciousness is made out of that energy. So would it really be that far fetched to have our minds energy wander in space as assimilated energy?
>>
>>39557979
To me, you're asking if the brain would still work after it has died. I don't know how to answer that except with "Most probably not."
>>
>>39558029
Not the brain. The energy used to make it run. Energy doesn't just stop being. It goes somewhere. Are our thoughts a side poduct of the energy or are our thoughts actual energy?
>>
>>39558070
The hardware of the brain is exceedingly relevant to consciousness.
>>
>>39558070
If I had my computer run a video marathon of Will and Grace then decided to take a mallet to it there probably wouldn't be Will and Grace energies entering the atmosphere. The representation of the show on my computer is gone even though the energy that caused it is technically out there.

That's roughly what thoughts are, representations of mediocre TV, hours of waiting in various lines and hundreds of thousands of poop memories ran by a complex biological computer.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.