[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well guys after a shit 8 hour shift, the crushing reality of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 4e3.jpg (8KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
4e3.jpg
8KB, 250x242px
Well guys after a shit 8 hour shift, the crushing reality of being a 20 year old who quit uni while having no motivation or drive to do anything with his life and being too afraid of death to kill myself I've decided to just let drugs and alcohol take over.

Let's drink and smoke to our bleak existence together, if you have anything that you want to talk about or get off your chest I'm all ears. I'll even match you a story if you care for it.
>>
Hey man, I just wanna say what you're feeling is 100% not your fault. I felt pretty much the exact same as you, but as I learnt more about history, society, economics, etc. I realised unless you're a braindead normie it's pretty much impossible to feel motivated in this world. Now, that's not to say there isn't awesome things you can do with your life, but just getting a career, buying nice shit, reading the news, etc. isn't going to be it.

There are cool people out there.
>>
>>39532568
Thanks man, I like to try and think that it's not my fault, that it's society and past generations and blah blah blah. Though when I look in the mirror I despise what I see, so I strive for change but a crushing wave of procrastination, envy of others and a general feeling of not knowing what to do about any problem sweeps away and my flickering flame of motivation. I do appreciate you going out of your way to cheer me up though.
>>
>>39532568
This. People are fucking stupid. It's amazing how many people base their lives on what other people are doing instead of being more independent. My personal way of keeping happy is going hardcore into hobbies like film and music. Art is so much better than real life.
>>
>>39532643
Do you ever write? I started keeping journals in middle school and surprise myself with lessons I learn and details I observe in my regular, boring life. It's also useful to save a train of thought for later.
>>
>>39532667
I've given it some thought, I've come up with several stories that I would one day like to see brought to life one way or another but I've yet to put pen to paper and I know that's the most crucial step to starting down any writing career. I might start making notes about possible characters or plot lines, if not for any career then just so I can keep track of it all. It's pretty fun to think this stuff up.
>>
>>39532654
What do you do in film and music exactly? Do you compose or play? Do you make short films or act?
>>
>>39532643
Start watching Jordan Peterson's lectures. No joke clean your room. There's a lot of psychological tricks you can do to impact your psyche a little bit each day and get your life back on track. I feel the exact same way as you do man and a lot us do. I dropped out too after 1 year and feel hopeless and directionless.
>>
>>39532766
I'll check him out, I love these little mind games we can play on ourselves to increase our happiness or productivity in some way. I watched that TED talk about standing like a hero or in the V-victory pose and tried it out, whether fact or placebo it work for me. I'd recommend it, don't know why I stopped.
>>
>>39532800
>>39532766
The key thing about Peterson is he understands how fucking cucked you are. There's no self-help normie positivity. His best advice I think is that you have to make yourself spiritually strong (have a high goal and moral purpose) to withstand everything because otherwise you'll just drink yourself to death.
>>
File: 20170905_004655-min.jpg (904KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170905_004655-min.jpg
904KB, 3024x4032px
Not sure if anyone cares about the drink along part but here's my bottle of bacardi brand spiced escapism.
>>
>>39532765
I just devour as much cinema as I can. I collect movies. I read about movies, the industry. I want to write films but haven't gotten around to it yet. As for music, basically the same deal. I have massive playlists and just chill out and listen to my favorites and find new stuff when I'm bored. I'm thinking about reading up on music theory soon.
>>
>>39532842
I just might at this rate, realism is nice and all but I'm already aware of the ass fucking life presents you with. Some human compassion from people offline is hard to find and something I wouldn't mind.
>>
>>39532842
I had trouble grappling with that part of his lectures. They are all wonderful advice and help to what determines success, but he doesn't seem to give answers, or how to get out of hell or depression or the steps forward when you've lost your way that far. Most likely because his lectures are for college students who haven't given up yet and are malleable and he can truly change their lives before they make a bad decision. I'm only 19 but I already had the feeling that it was too late to fix myself. A such as I love his lectures they haven't helped me find a path out of this hole.
>>
>>39532749
Make sure you keep notes. Even if you start the idea and it turns out shit, keep it, or keep a record of what worked or didn't work. I've been trying to develop myself as a writer and I benefit from the things I kept but also feel like the stories and ideas I trashed are lost forever.
>>
>>39532904
Go for it! It sounds like you've found something that you can be truly passionate about, as much as I may envy that you have passion I wholeheartedly support you and wish you luck on being able to achieve something that you can feel proud about.
>>
>born into poverty/ highly abusive parents
>excel in school despite this
>teachers praise me and tell me I have a bright future
>give up during senior year completely
>immerse myself in drugs/alcohol
>23 now
>working as a wageslave in a grocery store
>no scholarships, no money to start over again, no family, no support
>tell myself I can rise above this
>pull up my bootstraps
>middle aged mom curses me because I asked her to repeat herself
>old man tears into me for coworkers mistake
>confidence lost
>go home and drink
>repeat
>>
>>39532945
Are you OP? Because I give you the same advice in regard to what you replied earlier about keeping a journal and writing. Something that keeps me going is pursuing hobbies when I have even a flicker of interest
>>
>>39532968
Move out and get away from them. Seems like they're the problem.
>>
>>39532929
I'm not an expert on writing in any form but from what I've heard listening to authors and screenwriters is that even if an idea is trash at the time, it could come back as something that fits perfectly to the story your writing or an exercise on how to improve upon sloppy or inexperienced writing as you develope.
>>
Not much but BANCO POPULAR DIRECT HAS GREAT SAVINGS RATES!
I am at 2k. Trying to get 3k more. !

>I divorced my wife for 27k.
SO I COULD VOTE DONALD TRUMP!

However! I miss the money more than I miss the honey!
>I MISS U MONEY!!!
MONEY COME BACK U GOT A HOLD ON ME! I WAS WRONG TO EVER SPEND YOU!!!
>Donating to Trump was worth it however.
>>
>>39532981
Yup it's me, my issue is I've got no hobbies or anything I want to pursue. I'm pretty devoid of a passion for anything, the closest thing I would count as a hobbies is video games and daydreaming and I'm only into video games for mindless escapism. Same with the daydreaming I guess.
>>
I haven't smoked any weed for 2 weeks. that's huge for me. I went 3 years smoking pot every waking moment of every day and never got stoned because my tolerance was so high. 2 more weeks till my tolerance goes back to normal and when I smoke again it'll be like the first time I ever smoked pot. Holy shit I'm so excited! I'M GONNA GET STONED AGAIN. it's been way too long.
>>
>>39532968
So drink with me tonight! Let's get wasted and talk about how shit life is and all that
>>
>>39533056
I was on a tolerance break for a week and a half because of similar reason. I'm back on because sober thought is pain at this point.
>>
>>39533047
I'm just saying, man. You have a distaste for the normal, you like to think about things outside of the now, you've been tempted to write... I'd say follow that and see where it takes you. And if original fiction is too much, maybe just start writing about feels
>>
File: 1503906512970.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1503906512970.png
463KB, 1070x601px
losing hope by the day, unemployed for so long, not that having a job made me any happier. no idea what to do, i am in my childhood bedroom at my moms house right now and its just horrifying. i see no way out besides death. no happiness, no real human experience. jist agony. i want it to be over so badly.
>>
It's impossible for the average person to fix himself at this point. I did 5 years of college studying fucking theatre and then dropped out. Then I moved across the country and now I slave away for minimum wage. It's useless to try to escape my situation. My so-called passions, punk music, film, and playwriting have given way to a drinking problem. People at bars ask me what I do, I say grocery clerk. Then they ask "no, what do you DO" and the answer is truly grocery clerk. Why can't that be enough for them? Normies are so stupid. They really think because they're a systems analyst or some gay shit they're better than me? They're slaves too. Even fucking billionaires are slaves. There's no free will. We are what we were born to be. No way out, especially if you're either too afraid or haven't reached the point of KYS yet. I need death. So I drink and smoke and do coke and whatever else I can find. Fuck it fuck you fuck me fuck everything
>>
>>39533090
did you get stoned after a week and a half?
>>
>>39532502
20 years old? There's still time for you, bro. That's when I re-started college. Got my degree just before my 25th birthday. I'm still a miserable failure, but that's because I made a simple mistake along the way. I can tell you how to avoid it. Just plan to get an internship after your first year. Do NOT under any circumstances wait until you graduate to look for an internship. Get on LinkedIn and see the requirements for an internship and work on those while you work on school work. Also, add all your classmates on LinkedIn. That's it!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.