[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>24 years old >want to finally start driving >not sure

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1500236524773.png (50KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1500236524773.png
50KB, 550x550px
>24 years old
>want to finally start driving
>not sure whether to get my permit or my license
>not going to be able to drive anything anyway regardless
What do?
>>
>>39516848
>24
I got my licence when I was 16
I don't think I belong on this site.
>>
>>39516848
You have to get the permit to get the license OP. You don't choose one or the other.
>>
>>39516848

How do you get your permit before your license? It's one after another.

I got my license shortly after turning 22. Just didn't give a fuck before then. I have a friend who is 24 and doesn't even want to learn to drive, kek.
>>
>>39516868
I had always wanted to get my permit at 16, even studied, and whatnot, but I was depressed and unmotivated then, so I ended up not really getting it after all.

>>39516888
In my state, once you're older than 18, you can just get your license if you want to if you never got your permit.
>>
>>39516908
>I got my license shortly after turning 22. Just didn't give a fuck before then.
How old are you?
>>
What should I expect in the actual driving test? I've had a permit for so long I need to get the license yuiopasfg
>>
>>39517495

I'm 27 now, have a good job in the medical field. We're all gonna make it brahs.
>>
>>39516848
Ok.
Ideally you'd want to take a course. This way you can get your permit without taking a hella difficult test, AND you'd get some experience and pointers from certified car-drivers.

If you wanna go straight to the permit, though, go to your DMV and grab a booklet about state driving laws.
YOU HAVE TO LITERALLY (NO MEME) READ THAT THING.
The electronic permit test is gonna test you on which streets to go down, signs and their meanings, and even small random shit.

Once you get your permit, (which will take a few tries probably), you'll need to fill out a form for driving hours. It depends on your state but it'll probably be 60 day hours and 5 night hours.

Once you fill THAT out, then you can send it to your state in the mail, and they'll schedule you for your driving test.
YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN CAR.
You have to know the basic mechanics of said car, the emergency break, high and low beams, etc. This might also take a few tries to pass.

But it is certainly possible.
A little time-consuming, but it'll be worth it, OP.
>>
find a driving school course that will handhold you through everything and even sort out your documents for you and accompany you to DMV

that's probably the least embarrassing/effort
>>
File: Apollo.jpg (89KB, 870x359px) Image search: [Google]
Apollo.jpg
89KB, 870x359px
>>39516848
DON'T DO IT! it s scary as hell! ppl avoid driving as much as they can in their lifes!
>>
>tfw drive my car without a license because they failed me for a mistake the other car made
fuck them desu driving tests are a fucking scam
>>
>>39517782
What kind of fucking retard do you have to be to fail your permit test? Not only are they questions anyone with basic understanding of vehicles can answer, there are plenty of free practice tests on the internet which have actual DMV questions in them.
>>
How much time should I spend practicing driving before the first road test?
>>
>>39517973
Long enough that you're comfortable in moderate to heavy traffic, merging onto highways, changing lanes, turning at intersections and parallel parking.
>>
The #1 thing that will fuck you over is other people on the road. Many USA state tests are far too easy and even monkeys can pass them.
>>
>>39517782
I've already taken a course. I'm pretty much set for the permit test. I'm just debating taking the driver's test to get my license quicker because honestly, I kinda just want to say I have my license already.

My plan is to get my permit, practice driving somehow for about six months, then take my driver's test and get my license. I don't know how I'm going to do that if I'm not going to have a car to drive though.
>>
I daydream too much to drive, I don't think I'll ever be able to drive in my life.
>>
>>39517672
D-do....do I know you?
>>
>got my license at 16
>turning 21 but too poorfag to buy a shitbox

What was even the point.
>>
>>39517824
>tfw I'm almost 30 and I still haven't got my full license because I'm afraid of driving
surely there must be something better than these death devices
>>
File: ac.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
ac.png
51KB, 657x527px
>tried to get my license when I was 17
>took the test but failed it by a small margin
>never motivated enough to take it again because I have nowhere to be
>it's been 10 years
>>
Also 24 here. Not sure it's worth the trouble. Driving is fun, but studying driving laws and all that is dead boring and they expect you to pay for insurance and shit. I'd be more than content with a decent bicycle if it means avoiding that crap.
>>
>>39519078
Having to pay insurance is bullshit. "Luckily" I'm too poor to buy a car right now but my parents don't want me driving their car since my dad just bought it and is paying it off right now. And I don't see my brother lending me his car either since he just bought a new one as well and I don't have much driving experience.

I'm kind of upset now that my dad traded in his old car for his new one because he'd promised to give it to me after he'd gotten a new car years ago but I guess he forgot and it's not like I had my license anyway.

But I need to drive for the freedom and it'd be much easier to get a job since I'd have my own transportation and all.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.