[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of this, all of this? We're all gonna

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1569.jpg (50KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1569.jpg
50KB, 500x441px
What is the point of this, all of this?
We're all gonna die. Nobody here gets out alive. We have a guaranteed bad end.

But we choose to stay alive. And suffer.
Tragedies every day. I've had quite a few myself. I've seen way more than a few. This world is fucked. At least this goddamn fucking piece of shit rock will burn when the sun goes red.

Not that humanity will survive until then or even a fraction of the time needed. Just wait until the next and final world war. We will destroy ourselves and it will all be over.
>>
Honestly I don't get why people give a shit about anything. We're all gonna die and no matter how deep your impact in the world is, it's eventually gonna disappear, the human race will go extinct and the world will end. So why bother with shit. Just do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>39516270
life is meaningless, Morty!
>>
being alive is great

every experience is a gift

if you're depressed enough to be suicidal you are also depressed enough to be beyond caring about everything anymore and live your life to whatever the fuck you want now
>>
File: 1438464897825.jpg (15KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
1438464897825.jpg
15KB, 313x313px
>>39516270
I always thought that this particular brand of nihilism is retarded. Sure everything is meaningless but that gives you the mental clarity to think about forging your own path and producing your own meaning in this world. For fucks sake just because everything is meaningless doesn't mean that you shouldn't do anything ever and just die unfulfilled without even trying to reach happiness in life. Life is suffering, that's what it's all about, but that's what also makes those moments where you find a bit of happiness that much sweeter.
>>
>>39516270
you suffer because you thought the world to be somewhat different from what it is. time to grow up
>>
>>39516270
Thats not even the worst part.
Sure life is meaningless but we are free to do whatever we want to.
In short just be happy in the moment.
Ignoring the fact that each and every way to live is justified through this logic there is a larger problem inside the nature of our emotions.
What are emotions lets ask ouselfs this question.
In the end they are nothing more than pre determined chemical reactions that steer our actions.
By only using our emotions as a reference for our actions we degarde ourselfs to the level of animals and even one celled live for that matter.
By living for happieness you throw away the only thing that would make you worthy of anything grander, of anything higher.
And thats ok. This has to be said.
Live is shit if you expext it to be for a grater good.
Live is shit if you expect salvation.
Live is shit if you take is to seriously.
And that is ok.
We have to accept that because we can't change that.
You could say that live is not worth living as a primitive animal with no self determination whatsoever and that is also fine but in the end you have to make a decision.
Live on knowing that nothing truely good can ever come off of it or kys knowing that nothing truely good can ever come off of life.
>>
>>39516398
It's simply what happens when retards discover nihilism. They think it's just an excuse to wallow in their miseries. Fucking stupid morons.
>>
Read Camus you twats.
>>
>>39516588
Couldn't have said it better myself, in the most original fashion possible.
>>
>>39516270
Get into Absurdism OP, it could help with your existential crisis
>>
>>39516510
>but we are free to do whatever we want to.
except we aren't.
we have to work shitty jobs we hate in order to survive, to pay rent, and to eat.
>>
>>39516780
Yes we live in a system that is shitty for the ones on the bottom but its not like you can't change that. You can start to improve your living conditions. Get into stock trading. Develop a profitable skill. You can change your live for the better. And this task can give you the feeling of meaning.
>>
File: 1492691172882.jpg (82KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1492691172882.jpg
82KB, 645x773px
>>39516270
Your naive view on things is just that. World wars happen all the time, the war against ISIS is a world one. Take the time to learn things before you come to conclusions, no war is going to end us all. You`ll be surprised at the reality of the world once you stop only reading headlines of American news agencies.

Theres a kind of uncanny valley of scientific knowledge, the more you know about science the more sceptical you become to the idea of a "god" or something. Until you start getting deeper in to it then it persuades you otherwise. Not neccasarily for a Christian god but something. But that doesnt really change anything in your life.

People create their own meaning for life, their own bait to push them through the years. Usually coming down to a fundamental enjoyment that they could pursue for a lifetime. "The literal meaning of life is whatever you're doing that prevents you from killing yourself." - Camus. If you dont have one, try to figure one out. If you have lost your chance at fullfilling said thing, then the only reason your still here is fear or failure to end it. Like me to be honest. But I`m working on it.
The fact you asked that question to me seems like a part of you still believes theres an answer somewhere. I havent found one.
>>
>>39516398
Meaningless beings can't create meaning. Disregarding reality and substituting your own is dumb as fuck. You would have to be a megalomaniac to think the meaning you create for yourself has any real value.
>>
>>39516270
Haha don't cut yourself on all those edges, faggot.
>realized very early that if I keep quiet, some other idiot will say how I feel through talking about himself, and he'll catch all the shit for being edgy while I'm still considered normal

Go cut yourself, emo loser. Down the river, not across the street
>>
To discover and unlock unknown wisdom of course
>>
>>39516914
Not who you were replying too btw.
But yeah it obviously doesnt have objective value but it has personel value. Aslong as you recognise that, thats good. I mean I dont believe this but its what Nietzsche thought, from what I know.
>>
File: 1503530134489.png (145KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
1503530134489.png
145KB, 500x523px
There's a place for people like you anon, it's called wizardchan.
>>
>>39516914
>Disregarding reality and substituting your own
Everyone already does this. It's impossible not to.
Everything you think you know about reality is a story created by the mind. The human mind cannot comprehend reality as it is, so it makes up stories based on sensory input.

These stories can be useful, we wouldn't be able to live very long if our minds couldn't tell us the stories "tiger = bad" and "food = good". In the end though, both the tiger and the food are just meaningless masses of molecules our mind decided to assign labels to.

This means reality is extremely subjective. Two different people can go through the same experience and it will be hell for one and heaven for the other. It completely depends on the story their minds tell them about it.

You already "disregard reality and substitute your own". If you don't think you do, that means you've deluded yourself into thinking the story your mind tells itself is some kind of absolute truth. And that likely means you're in a world of suffering.
>>
File: 1501266415522.jpg (66KB, 720x585px) Image search: [Google]
1501266415522.jpg
66KB, 720x585px
life has no meaning which is why i justify doing hard drugs everyday. lifes pretty good mang
>>
>>39518076
My nigga, what hard drugs are you on?
>>
>>39518109
meth is my doc but i do opiates when my bfs connect has them which is pretty rare but oxy 30s are pretty damn good. glad he doesnt have a constant supply of opiates honestly cause i dont ever want to feel dopesick
>>
Beats me man.
I just finalized my only chance in eternity to escape the shackles of misery and monotony, and now I'm speeding towards Hell in the grips of white power.
It was all my fault in the end. I almost wish I never met her, at least then I could have some privacy to my thoughts instead of this.
Fuck I'm getting sick again, I really fucked up.
Hey at least your life isn't so bad...
You didn't choke on your last chance to win the entire world...
>>
>>39516270
Life is a gift, your mind is a curse.

We are here for a reason, everyone of us.
>>
File: jdlmnda0lw0p6zhjznef.jpg (24KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
jdlmnda0lw0p6zhjznef.jpg
24KB, 620x470px
>>39516270
whats the point of you bringing this up?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.