[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /noemotions/? I just don't feel anything anymore.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3582.jpg (112KB, 750x741px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3582.jpg
112KB, 750x741px
Who here /noemotions/? I just don't feel anything anymore. No motivation for the future. I went to England last summer (my first time out of the USA), but I wasn't amazed or exited at all. If you handed me the keys to a corvette right now, I just wouldn't care. I can get fleeting moments of happiness, like if someone tells a joke and I laugh, or sometimes I'll feel genuinely proud of myself. I'm not interested in fashion, and I like minimalistic decorations. But my default is just... nothing. What does this mean/what's it called?
Pic unrelated
>>
It means you're a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything
>>
Sounds like you caught depression.

The classic treatments are as follows:
diet
exercise
vitamin d
hobbies
reducing internet browsing

I'd personally suggest not fucking around with SSRIs. Not worth the risk imo

best of luck OP
>>
I'm /Here/ shits boring and I wish i could cry.

>>39512364
wow wtf depression cured
>>
>>39512373
did you even look at the list dude?
>>
>>39512397
just bee yourself, just go outside and make some friends lmao. Just grab yourselves by the bootstraps and man up faggots. Depressed ppl btfo
>>
>>39512421
fuck you for giving me realistic goals to aim towards. I'm trying to self-loath here jeez
>>
>>39512421
DURR DEPRESSION IS INCURABLE IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE. I'M DOOMED. STOP GIVING ME REASONABLE ADVICE.
>>
File: 367733.png (373KB, 543x478px) Image search: [Google]
367733.png
373KB, 543x478px
>>39512466
Just walk up to a girl and ask her out. Boom no depression. Have another skyrim cat may may

>>39512487
Durr depression is super ez to cure, just diet and exercise everything will do fine
>>
>>39512487
anyone who is "cured" of depression never had it. the only thing you can hope for is learning to cope with it.
>>
>>39512519
... that's the same may may tho

and yeah I'm not saying its ezpz.
(although eating vitamin d is pretty ezpz desu)
>>
>>39512522
Cope is a bit pessimistic, you can be free from it but the thing is it's likely to come back at some point so it's hard to let your guard down.
>>
>>39512522
anyone who "leaves" the faith never really believed. people sometimes doubt or go secular but that's about it
>>
>>39512310
>You have transcended humanity and are now a god amongst mere beasts
Nigga you depressed.
Like its 2017 how is depression real haha nigga just do drugs lol be urself fuck some girls
>>
File: wMen8lr.jpg (305KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
wMen8lr.jpg
305KB, 608x608px
>>39512545
well it's the same meme but different image.

>>39512545
it's not as simple as having a check list then doing what's on there then bam happy. Plenty of people get /fit/ as fuck and get jobs and gf's are still depressed
>>
>>39512556
what an irresponsible equivalence.

look, maybe "heroic dose" hallucinogenic therapy, or prolonged ECT have some chance but you're not going to reprogram your brain from your most formative years with talk therapy and SSRIs.
>>
>>39512617
The list obviously isn't a literal "fix depression in 5 easy steps"
It's just the fundamentals of improving your mental health.
All I wanted to do was point OP to some things that can help, especially if this is a new feel for him(/her)
>>
>>39512364
I tried meditating yesterday and I felt really calm and relaxed. I'll try again today for 15 minutes. I feel overworked a lot so maybe just getting some rest (i.e. meditating) could work.
>>
>>39512654
don't meditate for longer than you feel comfortable doing so

do you have any hobbies/projects for stress-relief/confidence?
>>
>>39512799
I like learning Spanish, drawing, and I want to pick up the guitar. I play video games sometimes.
>>
>>39512909
Oh, yeah, and I'm probably gonna get a bike soon and start riding it around.
>>
>>39512909
>>39512947
vale, sounds like you've got a solid foundation
all I can really say is give yourself some longer-term goals to aim towards too

ps: I never went to med school
>>
>>39512310

Shizoid, sperg, depression

Take your pick
>>
>>39512487
>durr my advice is perfect, how dare you not agree with me!
>>
File: 7428483.jpg (132KB, 1242x1224px) Image search: [Google]
7428483.jpg
132KB, 1242x1224px
No emotions here boyo. Life used to be so colourful

I don't think I'll ever get that back
>>
Mmm, I see what you're saying OP, but I have a bit different perspective.

I wouldn't be pumped for keys to a corvette either. I've never liked machinery.
England is just posh America.

Chaos excites me, new unheard ideas do too.
You gotta look for these things OP.
I'm sure a visit to a 3rd world country would be more amazing, too.

I dunno. Change your perspective a lil' bit and you'll feel better.
>>
>>39512487
It's really rare for someone to be cured of depression, if all it took was being healthy then athletes wouldn't ever be depressed but there are depressed athletes.

Once you've got it you're pretty much fucked
>>
>>39512552
>>39512647
You have any proof of any of this horseshit that you're peddling or are you just chatting bullshit. There isn't a single psychiatrist in the world who agrees with what you're saying, if you can manage depression to the point where it doesn't eaffect your life then you are basically cured of it. What do you call people with catatonic depression who get better from it.

t. used to work in psychiatry
>>
>>39512310
to be fair england is geographical equivalent of bread
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.