[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling highschool friends 4 years later

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1500518328611.gif (604KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500518328611.gif
604KB, 960x540px
I plan on calling 2 of my highschool friends and my crush tonight, and haven't interacted with them in 4 years. I basically cut them off after HS was over due to depression and complete lack of self-worth, but I'm better now. Do you think they'd welcome it, or would it come across as creepy and needy? I'm nervous, especially calling my oneitis.
>>
>>39492880
Aye, it'll be alright. You dont really have anything to lose since you already dont speak to them. Best case scenario you get back together, worst case you return to squeare one. Call them
>>
>>39492880
Sounds creepy desu
Don't call your onetis
>>
>>39492880
op don't
>>
You have nothing to lose but remember if you wanna bang you have to convince her this as a totally new relationship and the you that couldn't bang her is gone.
>>
>>39492952
She might be still single? A lot has happened to me and probably to her, so we'd have stuff to talk about (and we'd have in-jokes from HS days). Easier than trying to fabricate conversation with some random Tinder thot.
>>39493089
We went to a Catholic school and she was in quire, so she might be the kind of person who doesn't have sex before marriage. Or maybe she is, sometimes she'd joke about sex in text messages. I'd be fine with either, I just miss female companionship, since the military is a sausage fest. On the chance she wanted to meet up with me, I'd have till Christmas to lose weight and get hot (since that's when my next leave date is).
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 720x720px
>>39492880
As people grow older their social lives change, so it's ultimately going to be a matter of whether or not they need or desire a new friend.

I say "new friend" because you claim to be "better now" but of course to them you are the person they last knew in 2013. So part of you calling them back will be persuading them that you aren't the depressed low self-esteem person you were 4 years ago.

Also, many people by 22 have begun their careers, entered a serious relationship, and maybe even have kids. So their time schedules/priorities are of course different than when they were teens.

It would help you if you could state the purpose of your communication:
>just a kind of "hey how's it going" "well it's been good talking to you" dropping in kind of thing, with no further social expectations?
>a re-integration back to old ways, i.e. "Hey you haven't heard from me in 4 years but let's all be pals again and become involved in our daily lives"

More than likely they'll be happy to hear from you and curious about what you've been up to, they'll probably wanna meet somewhere for coffee or a drink, but after that don't be surprised if they're not interested in pursuing anything further in the friends/social dept.

One last thing: you're 22. You should probably stop referring to the female as your oneitis. That's creepy as fuck, like some 22 year old playing Animal Crossing or watching Gabba Gabba Hey or something.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.