[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MY ONLY HOBBY IS VIDEO GAMES AND I'M SO BAD AT THEM IT'S

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 10

File: 1504113838357.png (581KB, 600x616px) Image search: [Google]
1504113838357.png
581KB, 600x616px
MY ONLY HOBBY IS VIDEO GAMES AND I'M SO BAD AT THEM

IT'S MAKING ME NOT WANT TO EVEN PLAY ANYMORE, IT'S NOT FUN
>>
>>39489775
Switch to solo board games. They're even harder, but everyone is shit at them so you won't feel as bad. I recommend Arkham Horror.
>>
>>39489775
You can look for new hobbies, like music producing, video editing, etc.
Or you can tryhard and invest tons of hours in a game you like
>>
>>39489775
You can spend your whole life dying in games or you can spend your next few moments dying
>>
>>39489775
Stick to single player games. Or acquire patrician taste and pick up reading.
>>
>>39489775
What games do you play?

orig post
>>
>>39489802
>Or you can tryhard and invest tons of hours in a game you like
this doesn't work for me, I'm convinced I might be mentally retarded
>>
Git gud. Stop caring about winning and focus on learning from your mistakes. It's fun.

Also play singleplayer games exclusively. They're objectively superior for a number of reasons. The only multiplayer games that can compare are fighting games and RTS.
>>
File: 1492860365185.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492860365185.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>39489775
take a break. if they aren't fun there's no reason to play them. even if it means spending more time on 4chan until you get the urge back. also, don't force yourself to play things. only play what you want. if you can't do that just play short games only.
>>
>>39490436
>losing is fun
it's not
>>
>>39490444
Yes it is you homo. You will understand when you finally acquire the git gud mindset. Losing is more fun than winning because it means you have something new to learn.
>>
>>39490456
I learn so much slower than everyone else. I don't improve. even when I am trying.
>>
>>39490482
What game? You need to tackle different games in different ways.
>>
>>39490482
What you don't realize it that being a slow learner is literally the best thing on the planet. When someone has talent they naturally end up playing an extremely small number of games for the rest of their life because everything else is dead boring to them. The games that they obsolete within a month, you could still be having fun with a year down the line. You have longevity dude.

Furthermore I can guarantee you that if you improve as slowly as you make it sound you have literally never actually tried. Until you can enter the zone on a whim you can't really say that you try hard in anything. Danmaku shooters are a good way to learn this skill, since being distracted by idle thoughts means an instant death 9 times out of 10. Play them on the highest difficulty available right from the start to learn most efficiently. Actually I should probably make that clear too, you should play almost everything on the highest difficulty available. In the case of multiplayer games you should try to play with the most skilled people you have access to. The harder the opposition is the faster you'll improve. It's like lifting weights. You lift 10 pound dumbells for your entire life and you'll still be a weakling. You only get stronger by progressively adding onto the amount of weight you're lifting.
>>
>>39490565
>you have literally never actually tried
how convenient

>no, you're not ACTUALLY trying!
>>
>>39490587
tell me RIGHT NOW what game you're playing, how many hours a day you play, how many hours a day you practice, what your training routine is, and also total hours spent playing this game
>>
>>39490642
>how many hours a day you practice, what your training routine is
I guess this is what it is

I can't spend full time hours on a video game. it's not going to happen. especially when I'm already challenged to begin with.
>>
>>39490651
>is filthy casual
>sucks balls at the game
>wonders why he sucks

Really makes you think, doesn't it?
>>
File: 1474440464601.png (52KB, 420x289px) Image search: [Google]
1474440464601.png
52KB, 420x289px
>>39489775
>be really shit at a videogame
>start getting frustrated
>decide to take a break from it
>come back to it
>even shittier than before
>>
>>39490715
I'm below average to begin with, so why bother?

why grind out thousands of hours if I'll always be behind the curve?

hard work beats talent. but hard work + talent beats all.
>>
>>39490651
All you need is 4 hours a day to get good at a game dude. After 4 hours you aren't even learning as efficiently. You might as well just switch to an easy game or watch anime at that point unless the game is just that fun.
>>
>>39490651
Like, you can't spend hours playing a game? How much do you play in a week? Also, I still don't know what game you're playing.
Either way, if you really can't dedicate at least an hour a day playing or practicing, you need to ask yourself something. Do I really care about improving that much? Be honest with yourself.
>>
>>39490745
you're saying 1 hour

>>39490740
he's saying 4 hours
>>
>>39490735
Why try anything then? Whatever you do, there will always be someone who's more talented than you.
>>
>>39490757
>Why try anything then?
this is a legitimate thing that I think about

it's not about being the best. it's about displaying a level of competency that isn't embarrassing.
>>
same,

im an old fuck, been playing games since as long as i can remember. Watched Online Gaming slowly become a thing, and gradually take over gaming, finally figured ehh what the fuck.

and found out im literally the worst person in the lobby every Single Fucking Time,

i started to hate gaming.

finally what made me give it up
>>
How do you honestly be bad at video games?
>>
>>39490751
One hour is the bare minimum if you have a job or something that has you strapped for time. If you have the time to play several hours a day, then you should if you truly want to improve. But it is still possible to get better with just an hour a day so long as you actually play everyday.
>>
>>39490821
the same way you be bad at anything?
>>
I can relate. I've wanted to switch to singleplayer games as well but they feel like they last 100+ hours and then become boring.
>>
>>39490735
Because videogames are fun. They can teach you multiple life lessons, the most important being how to deal with failure. You can enjoy art and music from a number of professional creators, immerse yourself in their worlds if you want, talk to cute girls that don't exist. They can provide you with happiness if you aren't too busy crying your eyes out because daddy never let you beat him in street fighter.
>>39490751
4 hours are tryhard hours. When I say get good I mean get to the level of skill that esports retards are at. Normies feel uncomfortable playing games for more than 1 or possibly 2 hours at a time, and they're apparently better than you who could easily do 3 or 4 hours if you just tried since you aren't literally afraid of it the way they are.
>>
>>39490769
i could understand if you were talking about sports or singing, or anything IRL where people will laugh at you for being bad. But in a video game, there are no real life repercussions to being bad.
>>
>>39490839
>Because videogames are fun.
constantly losing for no reason other than your own lack of skill, isn't fun
>>
>>39490836
They're made for all audiences. Is there really a game that you can be bad at?
>>
>>39490840
the repercussion is wasting your life on something as useless as videogames and not even being skillful

that's more embarrassing than being bad at sports or singing
>>
>>39490853
Oh sweet summer child. If you want to know true misery you should play multiplayer games.
>>
>>39490891
is this thread not about multiplayer games??
>>
>>39490889
>the repercussion is wasting your life on something as useless as videogames and not even being skillful
Video games in and of themselves are a waste of time. All entertainment is.

>that's more embarrassing than being bad at sports or singing

No it fucking isn't. You're the only one who gives a shit. I would much rather be shit at a video game, than have a stadium full of people laugh at me.

>>39490896
I assumed not, since he sounds like a spfag.
>>
>>39490927
I would rather have the opportunity to play in a stadium than stay inside another day losing in video games
>>
>>39490837
Better to move on from a good experience than to be stuck in endless 50/50 winrate mediocrity.
>>39490853
You'd rather lose to luck? Are you literally insane?
Alright here let me try a different tactic: It's just a fucking game dude. You are an absolute failure if losing in a game upsets you to the point where you don't enjoy the game. You are a massive pussy and mentally deranged if getting your own lack of skill at something exposed is enough to upset you. You'd rather play card games and have something else like bad luck to blame your failure on? It's a game dude, it's not a competition.
>>
>>39489775
>MY ONLY HOBBY IS VIDEO GAMES AND I'M SO BAD AT THEM
I know that feel, thats why i never had friends
>>
>>39490948
>You'd rather lose to luck? Are you literally insane?
that's not what I said

???
>>
>>39490889

yea, it made me realize i should go spend my time doing something else,

what's the point of being the worst player in the lobby.
>>
>>39490942
And winning would change anything? And if you think being laughed at by tens of thousands of people would be fun, you are fucked in the head.
>>
>>39490968
>And winning would change anything?
consistently winning shows competency. it shows aptitude.
>>
>>39490887
what is a competitive game?
>>
File: 1504424031734.jpg (74KB, 256x287px) Image search: [Google]
1504424031734.jpg
74KB, 256x287px
>Tfw took me over 200 plays to finish The Binding Of Isaac, the first time.
>Wanna 100% the game.
>Too garbage at it.
>>
>>39490958
I think what he meant is that losing because of your own mistakes is far less rage inducing than losing due to other people or bad luck.

>>39490980
That. Changes. Nothing. It's either pro or bust. You don't get shit for being above average.
>>
File: 1497365460586.jpg (9KB, 146x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497365460586.jpg
9KB, 146x250px
>>39490889
>tfw you are good at sports but not enough to play pro while being terrible at viidya
>tfw you live in a rural area so there is no amateur teams
>tfw you crave the feeling of competition so you keep playing online vidya.even though you lost to kids that are half your age.
>>
>>39490887
Try playing Patriot Dark on hard. It's available for free on the internet. If you aren't experienced with bullet hell games I expect you to get multiple game overs in the first stage. If that game doesn't suit your taste Cho Ren Sha 68k might. Don't go using continues like some child.
>>
>>39490988
Shit bait. Try harder next time.
>>
>>39491011
What? I'm just really bad at Isaac.
Don't bully me please.
>>
Video games is a shit hobby in general. Don't dump it, but seriously pick up another (preferably creative) hobby.

t. someone who was a "pro" gamer and spent at least 4 hours a day gaming
>>
File: alma elma bullying time.jpg (217KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
alma elma bullying time.jpg
217KB, 980x980px
>>39491016
>>39491016
no its bullying time
>>
File: 1481783102770.gif (1019KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1481783102770.gif
1019KB, 500x373px
>>39491022
I don't like anything else

I'm serious. I'm not creative. I can't create. I have no talent. I have no ideas. I have no imagination. I don't like creating things. I can't take pride in a creation. I would delete it or destroy it. I don't like anything. it's so frustrating to have people to tell you to find a hobby when you don't like anything.
>>
>>39491016
That's literally impossible. Isac is piss easy, save for the Keeper, The lost, and a couple of the challenges. My 8 year old cousin easily got platinum god, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>39490997
>>39490997
>tfw you crave the feeling of competition so you keep playing online vidya.even though you lost to kids that are half your age.

^ lol this, i would never turn my mic on, and lie about my age. And, then watch as someone who just started playing a game a day earlier was 100 times better than me at something i had been playing for a year.

although i suck at sports. video games were the thing i thought i had a niche in in life, that i thought i was good at. on line gaming came along and was like nahhh you suck at that too.

i was like uhhh ok, guess its time to hit the road
>>
>>39491022
I tried getting into beer making,
problem with that is its, mostly waiting for the beer to ferment, so not a time user,
been thinking of next trying marksmanship,
but I feel too awkward going to a gun shop or looking for an instructor.
>>
>>39491040
Hey it could be worse, at least you're not ugly and/or a manlet.
>>
>>39491060
I promise I am ugly

ugly + no personality, it's actually the worst combination. I will NEVER have friends and I will NEVER be loved.
>>
>>39491022

im genuinely curious, what was it like to be a pro gamer.

My family told me i should try to become one, fucking Normies found out that became a thing, and figured since i played games all day i had to be good at them. I just played dumb and pretended i never heard of it, couldnt bring myself to tell them how bad i was at gaming LOL although i mean i suck at everything else
>>
File: gitgud.png (877KB, 1334x1084px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.png
877KB, 1334x1084px
>>39491053
Sounds like you need to pic related, nigga. You can't be good without putting in the work.

>>39491079
Have you ever had any success with women? Also, just lol if you think women give a shit about personality.
>>
>>39491107
>Have you ever had any success with women?
KHHV. I haven't had a conversation with a woman my age in god knows how long. I can't really have a conversation with anyone.
>>
>trying to get into vidya
>buy xbone
>constant huge updates
>three days go by
>still trying to download huge updates
>slow Internet means can't even into gaming
>>
>>39491040
>i can't take pride in a creation
Once again crying because a lack of skill is exposed. Do you realize that you're only doing this for the benefit of your image instead of a genuine interest in these hobbies? Tell you what, pick up weightlifting. It's perfect for you. It improves your image, and so long as you don't do something stupid you literally can't fail at it. You will get stronger if you just put in the time and a bit of research. You might even get weight lifting friends out of the deal.
>>
>>39491022
What game were you "pro" at?
>>
>>39491135
>You might even get weight lifting friends out of the deal.
I don't want friends

>you're only doing this for the benefit of your image instead of a genuine interest in these hobbies
yes because there's nothing I have a genuine interest in
>>
>>39491043
I'm really bad at games I'm sorry ok please don't bully me.
>>39491030
Hehe Anon those are some asthetically appeasing dicks. but I really do have feelings that can be hurt too, so don't bully me pleaasee.
>>
I always say the same thing, play magic the gathering.
You will have an interesting always evolving hobby.
you will become more social because you have to interact to play.
you will feel better about yourself because you are less autistic than the stereotypical nerd crowd.
>>
>>39491125
>xbone
Well, there's your problem.

>>39491117
Yes, you are most likely ugly then. Are you fit? How's your canthal tilt, eyelid exposure, jawline and chin protrusion?

>>39491159
I still think you are trolling.
>>
>>39491107

perfect example. Destiny. the game that basically killed my desire to play gaming. I would play that shit practically all day. And , then when i tried to do the player vs. player stuff i was always the worst person in the lobby. Tried to kid myself, maybe im just bad at p vs. p and would do alright on raids and stuff. and got kicked off a couple of raids half way through. That was the straw that broke the camels back.

>>39491117

OP you sound like my long lost clone
>>
>online multiplayer """""""games"""""""
LOL at faggots who think overwatch is a game. It's a fucking tutorial demo for women. I single handedly creamed multiple teams without taking damage with some shitty character my cousin was playing as. i cannot imagine what'll happen if these faggots were to play quake. Being bad at games is one thing, everyone is bad at some games or the other, which is why we have different genres, but being delusional is straight up cancer. And as time has proven again and again, games with female players tend to be shit
>>
>>39491150
You seem to have a genuine interest in whining. Maybe you should get into reading and writing about politics. Maybe you should jump on the SJW bandwagon. Then you won't even have to do any research to whine.
>>
>>39491216
>You seem to have a genuine interest in whining
I'm sorry that it's hard for you to empathize
>>
File: file.png (153KB, 495x336px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
153KB, 495x336px
>>39491168
I have about 200 hours in this game but I uninstalled it and that reset the hours I had for some reason.
I meant the original Isaac, if I was unclear.
>>
>>39491190
Never played destiny so I can't comment on that. Isn't that a primarily PvE game, tho?

>>39491232
Eh, the original is harder, esp after wotl. But the new one is honestly better in almost every way. I dunno why are you even playing the original.
>>
>>39491216

i used to consider myself right wing, now i mostly am indifferent but wishing for WW3.

i'd like to join the SJW's if it could get me a gf,

but i'm a white dude, so i can guess how that would go over,

doubt i could keep a straight face while spouting their lingo
>>
>>39491267

Destiny it is supposedly mostly players vs. enemy, but to grind for gear you were supposed to do strikes, and p vs. p

and the end goal was once you had good enough gear you'd go on these raids. I though i was decent , but half way through a couple raids i was kicked, and like 4 or 5 other guys on mic were like you suck you noob
>>
>>39491274
You are pathetic if you would drink the SJW kool aid just because it would mean a disgusting landwhale would touch your dick.
>>
>>39491227
Yeah I can't empathize. I played games casually as a kid, realized I sucked at them, and decided to put in the effort to get good at them. I didn't cry over sucking at them because I didn't have some stupid ulterior motive like wanting to appear competent at something. Again, weight lifting dude. Just do it, you have nothing to lose aside from some cash, but you've probably already spent more cash on games that you don't even play so whatever. Also don't go thinking that steroids are an easy way out of hard work, steroids are a scam.

>>39491274
There are probably sjws that would date you for one reason or another. Doubt it's worth it though, you'd basically be guaranteed to get cheated on or end up in an open relationship. Maybe even worse, half open with your end closed. Also rape accusations are possible.
>>
>>39491323
I would recommend you check out warframe. I have 1k hours, so I might be pretty biased, but the community is super friendly and the game is really fun. The pvp is also pretty much nonexistent.
>>
>>39491325

lol did i say drink the kool aid, id be pulling a Joss whedon, just pretending to be one to try and get a gf.

>>39491329

ehh im only debating it, i bored with escorts, it would be nice to have a woman i can fuck where it isnt costing me $200
>>
>>39491329
you can't empathize with the fact that some people just don't "get good" when they try
>>
>>39491388
Still not worth it, in any way, shape or form.
>>
>>39491390
Ok, how much do you try? Playing two hours a week is not fucking trying.
>>
>playing video game
>start doing badly
"Fuck this game"
>start doing well after insulting video game
"This game is alright"
>start doing badly again
Nigger what the fuck is wrong with these games why are they doing this
>>
>>39491428
I have 2700 hours in dota 2 and I'm still in the "normal skill" bracket, 50th percentile or less
>>
>>39491452
What's your MMR? That's the only thing that matters.
>>
>>39491474

I calibrated at 3100 years ago and have gone down, never gone above my calibration
>>
>>39491390

most people cant relate to sucking at everything.

i suck at sports, suck at school shit, am a fucking weakling, am ugly as all fuck, so hiding out playign video games was my Hobby where i was like ok well i seem good at this. And, then you find out you suck at that.

Anyways, my point, Normies are usually good at one thing, and that one thing becomes what they make their life around. they dont want to think what it would be like if even that wasnt there.
>>
>>39490992
Every time I get a streak of bad luck in video games, I see it as a way of conserving my good luck for the things in life that matter.
>>
>>39491267
I wanna 100% it before I move on to the next game.
I suck a lot at games.
I think it's cause I'm just stupid.
>>
>>39491491
Eh, that's not that bad. What's holding you back? Is your mechanics or knowledge lacking?

>>39491544
Gambler's fallacy.

>>39491550
I can't really relate since I never gave shit about 100%-ing games. Most of the times it's just tedious as shit. Also, not all games require too much thinking or knowledge.
>>
>>39491580
>Eh, that's not that bad.
it's garbage. for 2700 hours? it's garbage. I dont want to play anymore
>What's holding you back?
I don't know
>>
>>39491505
I'm the guy he replied to. I sucked at everything myself. I improved because of my reaction to sucking, and you still suck because your reaction sucked. You expect to be good at something by default, and that's not possible. Everyone sucks at first. Talent isn't something you're born with, talent is coincidence. Talent is in having the right mindset to improve. It's not truly a matter of luck, it's something that you can acquire by changing the way you see things. Get out of that stupid victim mindset and play some games. You should congratulate yourself and feel joy at every tiny good thing you do and every improvement you make. You should absolutely never be content with being what you are either. You thought you were good at it, that's why you sucked. You weren't constantly improving, you were stagnant.

There is only one difference between violinists that become great and violinists that don't. The violinists that become great absolutely never sit around playing music that they can already play well. Great violinists become great because they only practice things that they suck at. Incompetent violinists often practice far longer and harder than great violinists and still suck because they allow themselves to be stagnant. They're afraid of doing something they suck at so they never improve at it. The first step to acquiring talent is breaking out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>39490565
It's nice to view almost everything as an enjoyable timesink. I get to look down at the people that brag (or worse, seriously complain) about being bored all the time, because I am happy and they are not. But it's one of those things where you get the ominous feeling that, 20 years down the line, you're going to regret not working your hardest to improve yourself.

Your weightlifting analogy is firmly incorrect. Go get a guy that's never lifted in his life to "play on the highest difficulty setting" and have fun getting sued for putting the guy under 700 lbs of weight, what were you thinking.
>>
>>39491606
>it's garbage. for 2700 hours? it's garbage. I dont want to play anymore
No it's not garbage. One of my old friends has 3k hours and he's only 2k. Playing casually doesn't make you improve.

>I don't know

You can't improve unless you realise what you are bad at.
>>
>>39491671
>talent doesn't exist
this is where I stop replying
>>
>>39491580
Should you not indulge in fallacies just for the sake of being correct, as long as you know it's wrong? Isn't being happy worth more than pursuing truth?
>>
>>39491741
Depends on the person, honestly. I'd rather be right than be happy.
>>
>>39491671

give me a break dude,

you think you can be a Great , pro level, basketball player? football player? golfer? etc.... whatever, if you just work real hard at it.

Listen up Normie,

im sure my comment touched a nerve cause the 1 Thing you are good at and your whole life revolves around, it probably pisses you off and scares you to death what you d do if that wasnt there. So, you stroke your cock thinking you worked hard for it, instead of you were born a certain way so you are good at it already, and with work were really good at it.

guys like you are as obnoxious as Chads who think they worked hard to have a attractive face.

now go give your pep talk to someone else,

kiddo
>>
File: 1500095879475.png (12KB, 742x721px) Image search: [Google]
1500095879475.png
12KB, 742x721px
Fuck off back to /v/ you filth. /v/ is literally the worst board on this website by far
>>
>>39489775
Get good, faggot.
My k/d is always over 3.0, about to hit a 3.1 average.

This is now an e-penis thread.
>>
>>39491677
Don't take things so literally. Yeah if you tell some scrawny white kid to bench 700 lbs he dies on the spot. Your mind does not have the same limitations that your muscles and your bones do. Your mind can endure ANY amount of weight if you just allow it to. It may not be able to lift the weight right away, but if it fails it will still be in perfect working condition. If you put stupid limits on it yourself it will lose that working condition when it fails. Imagine how quickly someone would grow if they could remove structural failure from their body and they lifted that 700 lbs of weight continuously. You are dealing with that kind of gorilla looking dude when you get your ass handed to you in a multiplayer game.
>>39491737
This is also where you continue to be incompetent. The only thing holding you back in videogames are physical things like reaction times. Your mind is not subject to such limitations unless you allow it to be. You may not be able to change your reaction time but you can change the quality of your reactions freely.
>>39491842
We're talking about videogames you gigantic retard. Basketball, football, and golf all revolve around the body that you're born with, and how you can change that body. There is no significant talent to be had in videogames. Things like reaction time will not even matter in the slightest until you get to the absolute highest plateau of pro players, and unless you're playing some shitty hitscan fps like counterstrike they aren't that important.

Also I'm sure it will pain you to know that I'm good at more than one thing. I'm also good at drawing and I actually improve far faster at it than videogames. I started drawing long after I started getting good at videogames. Learning one thing allows you to learn other things more easily. This is well known to every culture on earth. Talent is acquired.
I'm good at sprinting too, because I'm black, and I put effort into it when I was younger.
>>
>>39491912
>frogposter
>hates anime
>15XXXXXXXXX filename
please go back to wherever you came from newfriend
>>
>>39491960
If you're teaching a kid how to read, are you going to start him with a copy of Finnegan's Wake?
>>
>>39492309
Depends on his mindset.
If he actually wants to learn to read then yes.
If he cries because it's too hard that little bitch gets to start with Aesop's Fables or some shit. I would probably force him to read Finnegan's Wake if I thought he might turn out like one of those lazy failures that can't even read textbooks well in high school.
>>
>>39492379
good thing you'll never have children jesus christ lmao
>>
>>39492404
Nah, it's a bad thing for the children.
At this rate a 12 year old will never become the best street fighter player on earth.
>>
>>39492379
Here's a good fable for you: "The Young Crab and his Mother"
>>
>>39492465
But I can actually walk forward, unlike OP who would rather cry that he can't learn to walk because all he's willing to do is crawl and complain that walking is too hard.
>>
>>39492546
>walk
>fall over
>walk
>fall over
>walk
>fall over
>walk
>fall over
>repeat ad infinitum

>idk about this walking thing I'm not really making any meaningful progress
>HOW CAN YOU GIVE UP LIKE THAT?!
>>
>>39492546
You seem to be comfortable with asking your kid to do things you can't manage yourself. If not being interested isn't an acceptable excuse for your kid, it shouldn't be for you as well. Now I get that sometimes experience necessitates that your kid do something you're not sure will work (I already learned something but think this shortcut or studying method will save you a lot of grief). But you can read Finnegans Wake right now. You have no excuse for not testing out your theory on yourself.
>>
>>39492778
Did I not say he could read the fables if finnegans wake was too autistic for him, so long as the situation wasn't desperate? He doesn't need to be able to read finnegans wake in high school but he's going to be able to read a biology textbook, and to kill a mockingbird at the very least. Those are things that anyone can accomplish with the slightest amount of effort.
>>39492629
Sounds exactly like a baby, except babies don't complain about not having walking talent. They aren't afraid of being seen as incompetent walkers. They just enjoy every little step they manage and they can eventually walk consistently just like every other human on the planet. Imagine if they did complain and their parents were all like "oh it's ok, you don't need to learn to walk, that's tryhard shit anyway. reee natural walkers check your privilege" and we had a bunch of staceys crawling into chads' bed, or more likely being carried.
>>
>>39493169
Therefore starting out on the highest difficulty level is rarely feasible in intellectual pursuits, since most people just aren't interested enough to autistically maximize their rate of improvement.
>>
>>39493528
I make the judgement based on the fact that OP implies that he does actually want to be good for one reason or another. He isn't starting out, he's been playing for years. If you finally realize that you want to be good at games that's when you have to start playing on the highest difficulty and stop crying over losses. If you can't at least do the second one you literally have no hope. You'll be stuck on that plateau for the rest of your life.
>>
>>39493636
okay that makes sense
it needs to be original
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.