[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were you in special needs classes? Do you remember being treated

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (12KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 205x246px
Were you in special needs classes? Do you remember being treated differently for it?
>>
>4th grade
>trouble with multiplication tables, cant remember how bad my grades actually were though
>pulled away by one of the teachers from going to music class with only black girl
>something something special education
>couple of spergs and a retard in the room
>do idiom flash cards in that time for the rest of the week
i-its not like i liked music class or anything...
>>
>>39440242
Yeah. I wasn't even fucking mentally challenged ill, but they decided all the way back in kindergarten and didn't remove me until high school.
In elementary it was hell. Can't make friends because it's all spergs, separate recess and lunch from normies.
Got better in middle school, because I was smart and I got to take math, science, and history with neurotypicals (still had to sit through PE and English with the yards though) and I made friends because I ran cross country and am reasonably attractive. Was still behind the curve socially though because I was more or less 5 years behind in social development. Somewhere during middle school talking to my normie friends I learned what the tard class was and started to develop a silent resentment for it, and especially my tard guard.
Thanks to my high scores on standardized tests and stuff I was put in high school. I learned fast to make up for those 5 years, but I still lost the chance with my oneitis, who I miss dearly to this day (only girl I've fapped to for like 5 years).
Now studying to become a doctor. If that fails, education is my backup and I swear to god I will do all I can to make it so you can test out of special needs (maybe a written test+ an interview)?
>>
I was in remedial math from 6th grade all the way to high school graduation. I never really told anyone about and when I did, no one really cared. It was full of kids like me who had learning disabilities not severe developmental disabilities.

I'm still in remedial math in college and I'm still failing. Considering suicide for not being good at life.
>>
>>39440242
Remedial math for a semester in middle school because I just wasn't doing any homework that year and didn't do well enough on tests to make up for it. Very few people in my period were actually retarded, mostly just delinquents. Literally all we did was play some math computer game for elementary school kids, that was our "work".
>>
>>39440242
I wasn't in special needs, but I did have extended time to finish tests and special accommodations were put in effect because I was "different". To put it bluntly, I believe that the school actively trying to help me only allowed my retardation to grow wild. If they decided to enforce the same rules on me, I might have become a functioning member of society. Or it's entirely possible that I would have been still been a pathetic brainlet. Who knows and who cares.
>>
Was in remedial math all of middle school. Always got perfect state scores for reading, but math was always 1's or 2's. I don't get it either because I always did fine in class, I just always bombed the tests.
Doesn't matter anymore, it led to some serious anxiety and a belief that I was a retard. Forgot almost everything about math because of it, so I guess now you could say it's true.
>>
>>39440242
>you're smart, but lazy :)

If you ever heard this it means teachers thought you were "special"
>>
>get put in tard math as elective
>not even challenged just didnt understand algebra
>sit at table
>downy 1 dribbles with blank stares
>look away and back and he'll always be done with his worksheet
>downy 2 always fucking puked everyday
>the fucked up part is that it was always on a problem he couldnt solve
>mentally unstable roastie would yell and growl when she was stumped
>convulsed on several occasions
Pretty shit desu
>>
I was in gifted, is that the same thing?
>>
>>39440242
I was in entirely special needs schools from about 1st grade all the way to graduating in my second year of high school. Most of the students were socially stunted or very aggressive, which very few girls are to such a degree that they can't be in a normal school. Because of this there was anywhere from 0-3 girls in a class of 15-20 boys. I didn't even have oneitis or experience rejection because there were so few girls.
>>
>>39440242
>have really bad GAD
>get stuck with a tard wrangler till middle school
>treated like I'm retarded/autistic by tard wranglers (I'm not)
>mocked by other kids behind my back
>stuck with actual defectives even though I'm just scared, not stupid
>hate tards to this day
>>
File: mfw31.jpg (45KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
mfw31.jpg
45KB, 326x326px
It wasn't officially a tard class but in 7th grade I got put into a really fucking easy Spanish class because I stopped giving a shit in 6th grade Spanish and finished with a 70%. Most of the people were genuinely stupid and I raped the tests. I unfortunately wasn't prepared for 8th grade Spanish but I fixed it in time so I got a good grade at the end of it all.
>>
Yeah, because of an attention deficit. For years they thought I had ADHD, but it turns out the school system is just toal fucking garbage because anytime a kid doesn't pay attention in class because the teachers are mostly a bunch of fucking boring fucks, they put the kid on pills, but, then, I finished school, got a degree and it turns out that with a bit of practice and conditioning from my line of work, I could discipline my mind and learn how to focus proprerly. So it turns out I never really had ADHD and all I needed was appropriate guidance and conditioning to learn how to concentrate properly. That and some actually interesting teachers.

I know teaching is hard, but the school system is way too methodical. It puts everyone into the same basket and anyone who doesn't fit in is put in a "problematic" category right away and either has to go through school as a freak reject or on a heavy cocktail of pills to keep them under control when most just need some therapy. I got through school being called an idiot and being marginalized for my weird behavior even though, when I had a teacher who actually gave a fuck about me, I had top scores in every of my exams.

That being said, I ever really struggled with math. In every other classes, I managed to at least pass, but in Math, I only ever had 2 good teachers. Ironically, I ended up as a machinist.
>>
>>39440242
Yes
Put in LD classes in high school
Every day had to go there for English class. Everyone saw me leaving tard room that pretty much ended my high school social life.

Friends all slowly started to distance themselves. Don't hate them they just probably heard people talking. Then the bullying started and eventually even a few of the teachers joined in, mostly gym and shop. So I took shit for 4 years got my diploma, then left the small buttfuck Wisconsin town and really never came back. Pretty pissed I missed out on the whole highschool experienc. But I learned that very few people really are your freinds.

Never ever put your children in a LD class unless you hate them. Will really fuck up their higschool experience.
>>
>JHS
>Be getting bullied by some 7ft tall bulldyke
>Ignore her until she stabs me with a compass & I flip shit
>Math teacher decides to single me out as troublemaker
>Gets the other teachers to single me out too
>Teachers either scream at me or kick me out
>Classmates still bullying me
>Get depressed and stop going to school for a month
>Come back and the Dean wants to know why I stopped attending
>Tell her about the math teacher allowing me to get stabbed and later spurring other teachers to hassle me
>Math cunt: THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE LIE. ANON IS MAKING UP STORIES BECAUSE SHE IS RETARDED
>Dean: Well, since our teachers are perfect, that must be it!
>Suddenly I'm in Special Ed

>Special Ed teacher doesn't believe I don't belong there
>Is surprised I can read
>Is surprised I can spell
>Is surprised I can count
>Spec Ed teach has class take a 3 question fill-in-the-blank test for 30 minutes
>mfw @ teach after I finish for 25 mins

>She finally realizes I don't belong there
>Has me take an IQ test with the rest of the class
>Score at least 40 pts higher than smartest in class
>Teacher admits Dean is not releasing me from Spec. Ed. just because
>Tells me that I can just chill in her class if I finish all of her coursework for the year
>Finished in 3 days between Goosebumps chapters
>Got to keep my small collection of books in the room and read for hours

I finally got pulled out of class when the Dean caught me reading and tried to punish me for it and the Special Ed teacher told her off for putting a regular student in Spec. Ed. for shitty reasons. During my time there, I remember everyone just ignoring me after that. Teachers didn't really acknowledge me and my friends avoided me. Some other classmates made fun of me at first but nobody really thought it was funny so that stopped quickly. I think I didn't hate the experience so much because I was allowed to read in peace for weeks on end rather than get bullied like usual.
>>
>>39441695

I know this exact feel. I am >>39441425 and ever since I was in 2nd grade, child psychiatrist have been trying to pin some form of disorder on me. Everytime I'd go to be tested, the results would say that I belonged in advanced classes, but I would never pay attention in class and my exam results showed that I was legit retarded. They never really understood that I was just really fucking bored with school in general and never payed attention because every of my teachers save for about a handfull were boring fucking "by the book" square assholes. This all lead to me being diagnosed with ADHD in grade 5 and being put on heavy medication until I dropped out at 17 years old.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.