[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your job/major? Does anyone have a well paying and/or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 8

File: 1502761380603.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502761380603.webm
1MB, 640x640px
What is your job/major? Does anyone have a well paying and/or fulfilling career?

also how many pull ups can you do
>>
QA engineer, 75k salary and i get to work from home

I dunno, around 10
>>
Healthcare Consultant. 55k, no.

>>
>neet
>19 reps @215lbs bodyweight
>>
phd in math/physics/chinese literature

>>
CS/Theatre double major, with outside class work being at local and on-campus theatres and groups. I get a departmental scholarship for my work, but payment outside is largely dependent on what I'm doing since I'm not yet hooked up with any unions. The CS is fun and is there for a more stable fallback, but the theatre is fulfilling.

I could do 8 pullups with 10lbs added before I had to take off lifting for a few months.
>>
>>39414010
Do you actually have to be smart to become an engineer or can anyone do it if they apply themselves?

>t. mediocre student in high school
>>
>>39414014
>theatre
are you homosexual?
how many people have you had sex with(male and female)?
is there a lot of fucking going on among your theatre friends? I've heard the feminist artistic types are the worst offenders
>>
>>39414009
RN
20 strict, more without the slow negative
>>
File: uzLrg2P.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
uzLrg2P.png
18KB, 509x411px
Does "professional masturbator" count?
>>
>>39414017
>>39414014
>>39414013
>>39414011
>>39414010
>all these fucking nerds
>>
90lb added for 5x5
>>
>>39414016
>are you homosexual?
No, but I was questioning in middle school.

>how many people have you had sex with(male and female)?
Had sex with 3 girls, fooled around with several more, only fooled around with 1 guy like 12 years ago.

>is there a lot of fucking going on among your theatre friends? I've heard the feminist artistic types are the worst offenders
On campus, there can be some shared partners, but it's less common than you think. Most younger theatre folks have innumerable insecurities, and flirt well but don't/can't seal the deal. Like we had a dude who graduated last semester who looked like he was a Chad (except for his early stages of balding hairline) and all the girls found him attractive, but he only fucked like 2 girls in his life
>>
Air force 55k year plus benefits and I'm finishing up my comp sci major. One year of technical school got me an associates degree which is rad. It's a pretty dope alternative to working a shitty serving job through college
>>
>>39414020
Oh, forgot. Mech eng./ business
>>
CS major, 9 dead hang wide grip pull-ups, which I think is respectable for 6'2"
>>
Product marketing in the tech field. $140,000/year salary. Get paid to travel around the country, talk to customers, take them out for meals/drinks/strippers, find out project requirements, pass info back to engineers. No quota or commission to worry about. I do get bonuses based on profit sharing at the end of the year.

9 pullups.
>>
>>39414022
>he fell for the military meme
>>
File: 1487650981983-fit.jpg (15KB, 262x288px) Image search: [Google]
1487650981983-fit.jpg
15KB, 262x288px
Facilities Manager.
$80k/yr
Learn about chillers, boilers, pumps, motors, ducts and fans and shit like that. Kind of be a plumber, electrician, builder and landscaper. Or be a fucking boss and contract all that shit out.
Walk miles a day dealing with issues. Carry and move heavy shit cause you're the guy that knows how. Never get thanked for your work because everything should always work perfectly at all times.
Look hot as fuck in your uniform and get mired because you're fit and manly. Know when the qts are mirin and getting wet cause you monitor the building humidity level.
Or look slovenly and have people be nice to you cause you're basically an overpaid janitor half the time.

12 strict pullups and getting better. I just installed a pullup bar in my office. It's right next to the air handler drive shaft I use as a barbell.
>>
>>39414026
t. Mad wagecuck that's drowning in debt
>>
>>39414015
Not the QA engineer guy, but you can be a complete retard and/or autistic and get an engineering degree. You just need to work hard. Same with 99% of college degrees, helps if you genuinely like it.
>>
28, software developer consultant, 84k a year in NoVA. I work with a lot of military people, but the work is a drag.
>>
>>39414009
how can white girls compete
>>
>>39414009
Entrepreneur. Sell projects or apartments in cities around the world, mainly rich arab, Russian and Chinese clients. No degree (only 20) arab guy picked me out at a gym I was working and asked if I want to reply live.
No salary, just commission. Currently multi millionaire.
Can do 75 push ups without break at most.
>>
>>39414015
mech e and aero e recent grad
>>39414029
this is accurate, if you're average you'll have to put in considerably more work than the naturally gifted people but you'll be just fine

if you were mediocre in high school because you were undisciplined that's more of a concern, i fucked my first semester up pretty bad because i assumed i could cruise through everything like in high school
>>
21, majoring in Artificial Intelligence, not even sure how well this job pays or how competitive it is, I just took it because it sounds cool.
>>
I'm looking for a job that I can study from home. Maybe some sort of certificate. I'm tired of shitty colleges over charging me for mediocre education.

I'm a smart guy, I learn fast. My biggest problem is finding something that is fulfilling / something I can be passionate about for the rest of my life / pays well.

I was pursuing medical billing & coding until I realized that I would just be the middleman for hospitals and health insurance companies to overcharge the fuck out of patients.

tl;dr If anyone has any ideas on a good career I could study on my own and possibly be my own boss especially in the health field, hook it up. Thanks.
>>
Current cs student and failed civil engineering student. Only work summers unloading freight trucks, gets old pretty quick but it pays alright for my needs.

And 5 strict pull ups with some sort of shoulder injury
>>
>>39414033
Same, Mech Eng juniour year with a concentration in aero and a minor in anthropology. I was also undisciplined, and had to teach myself how to work but it got easier after that.

Making average 60-70k/year on between summer internships and my regular job.

20 strict pull-ups, 5 45lb weighted pullups
>>
>>39414035
>>>/b/
>>
>>39414034
Also 15 pullups.
>>
>>39414035
sounds like gay prostitution might be your thing i'd suggest you invest in top tier kneepads
>>
>>39414035
>My biggest problem is finding something that is fulfilling / something I can be passionate about for the rest of my life / pays well.

Yeah, that's your problem right there.

Just get started on something already, you get passionate by doing your fucking job.
>>
File: IMG_20170829_090338.png (769KB, 720x780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170829_090338.png
769KB, 720x780px
I'm a sales manager for a large electronics company in germany. Hours are fucking awful but I make 200k a year.

I can do 18 pullups in a set.
>>
>>39414035
>this entire post

What is this, 2008 /b/?
>>
>>39414013
Kek
>>
>>39414015
You can be an idiot and get an engineering degree. I go to a good school and I would say 80% of the students are stupid as shit. Working hard is way more important than being smart when it comes to success in school. And to land a decent job you just have to have social skills and be comfortable talking to people and have job experience.
On the other hand I'm the smartest person I know but I'm lazy as ADHD fuck and have autistic tier social skills and now I'm fucked. I don't care what you say it's a fact.
If you go into engineering do it because you want to and because you will work hard for 4 years. I wouldn't say I wish I never did it because I did learn a bit more about how to talk to people but now I'm completing a great degree with no job prospects and 70k debt.
>>
>>39414045
>smartest person I know
Lol bud stopped reading right there.
>>
>>39414009

>Hospitality at a luxury beach front condo down in palm beach
>55k salary,benefits,the works
>get to mingle with the millionaire tenants but thats not exactly setting me up for anything although the perks are nice
>access to the gym/showers on the first floor they never use which boss man said they chipped in 300k to make from the secondary ballroom they also never used
>15 strict @164 lbs . im like a feather
>>
Graduated with BS in electrical engineer, no job
>>
Phd medical physics

10 pullups
>>
>>39414045
This is honestly my biggest fear right now. I have zero social skills or friends. I feel like my degree will be completely useless when I eventually graduate.
>>
>>39414009
HS
9 reps
>>
most people posting are in the top 10% of income earners what a shocker never would have guessed
>>
>>39414025
I want your job, do you have opperations un south América
>>
>>39414009
Getting my masters in Mathematics.
managed to do 14 pullups when i was 12
>>
>>39414046
>le stopped reading right there
No you didn't you stupid little faggot. Whether you like what I said or not it doesn't matter how smart you are if you don't give a fuck about anything and have zero motivation.
>>
>>39414009
Electrical Engineer in school.

Started my own business.

Chill at home all day and shitpost.

Living the life. Too bad I'm a super skellyman who is trying to gain
>>
>>39414050
Yep and this fear is becoming very real for me now. I have no idea what to do when I'm done school or how I will get a job without internship experience.
>>
>>39414009
post more black girl webm OP.
>>
>>39414009
Operations manager and director of technology at a print marketing plant.
I enjoy it, I oversee a lot of interesting production jobs and I get to do lots of R&D work for our presses, which means I'm both an authority figure and I do dumbass science experiments to make things print well. Plus I make a lot of stuff for myself when I'm doing substrate testing.

I make 85k

I can do at least 15 bodyweight, around 8 with 50lbs (187lbs)
>>
>>39414009
PHD student in applied mathematics.
It's like being paid to be a NEET.
>>
>Data Analyst
>90k Salary
>About 20
>>
>>39414009

I was a nurse. Pays well, pretty fulfilling.

I can do zero pull ups. I have been doing supinated dumbbell rows and increasing the weight every week to build up strength to be able to do pull ups. In my defense I went through 9 weeks of chemo and I am still pretty weak from it.
>>
>>39414055
>I'm s-super smart I promise I-I don't fail because stuff is hard I'm j-just a lazy underachiever
>I'm like Kurt Cobain but if he was in tech
>o-other people are not smarter than me they just work harder
>>
>>39414022
>chairforce can't do any pullups

c l a s s i c
>>
Waiter.
25 pullups.
>>
Computer Engineering. I'm loving the courses but I hear the first few years in the industry as a code monkey suck. We'll see, at least the pay will probably be decent.

>>
Work from home architect. Make about $70k but might go up cause I just had an interview for a job.

I can do about 30 pullups if it's my first set. or 10 with 65lbs added.
>>
>>39414045

>I am the smartest person I know
>have autistic tier social skills

Its not hard being the smartest person you know if all you know is 3 people.
>>
Taxman, $31k, 14 strict.
>>
Math and physics and thinking of adding astrophysics

80k shitty (practically) intern at a tech firm.

Roughly 10
>>
File: IMG_1207.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1207.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Majoring in Nutritional sciences and toxicology, planning either pharm school or work.
Currently a bartender as a side job

Pull ups I want to say about 8 on average, 11 is my max so far.
>>
>>39414009

Paramedic
$42k/yr from the job and ~27k from instructing
Very fulfilling job
20 at 195
>>
>>39414009
Computer science, while working a low-paying part-time IT job, but a lot of the time I just sit and watch videos and browse /fit/ so I'm not complaining.

Pull ups first set probably 11 or 12 but I haven't been doing them recently so maybe more.
>>
>>39414052
kek
>>
Part time tac medic for peele and part time tac medic for Toronto ems. I'm an advanced care paramedic and also with a masters in life sciences and a degree in paramedicine. I'm also a master corporal in the armed forces as a med tech(reservist). I make around 120,000 a year
>>
>>39414072
>tried to go emt
>aced all the tests
>get to the intership shift crap
>get assigned to non-emergency ambulance
>9h straight of taking old people from their houses to the doctors office and back
>my classmates got to go out on fire engines and shit

fml
>>
>>39414075
Ooo and I'm 27 years old at 225
>>
contractor
50+
>>
>Business Finance and Management
>sales
>125K a year (management will put me close to 300k annually)
>26-30 chin ups depending on the day.
>3 one arm chin ups with no weight or rest
>>
>>39414009
Navy nuke, pays well considering housing/food/travel are paid for. Dropped out of college after my first semester and enlisted.

8 pullups with 12.5lbs added.
>>
>>39414018
Do you get paid? If so, yes.
>>
>>39414031
By not being black, ezpz
>>
>>39414052
On the internet no one can prove you make minimum wage working at vitamin-shoppe.

So I make 2mil a year by being a pimp
>>
Consultant, make 2 euros an hour :)
14 with 40lbs added
2months ago it was 24 with body weight
>>
>>39414009
I'll start as a M&A consultant at a big4 and I can't wait. Salary won't be much because Eastern Europe, around 10-12k/year lol.

0-2 pullups. I just started training again and I'm really big in fat, muscle and bones alike.
>>
>>39414076

Are you still in? Where are you in the country?

I really advise not quitting and trying for new placement if you can. Volunteer services are grade A for EMS calls where possible.
>>
>>39414009
Consulting/finance
Enough to pay the bills/NO
>>
>>39414087
Also i can do about 10 pullups
>>
>>39414076
>>39414075
>>39414072
How do I become an EMT/Paramedic? How competitive is it? Will it open doors for other career options (firefighter, etc.)?
>>
>>39414009
Welp, there goes my nofap
>>
Office job, basically male secretary - 16 k year
20 pull ups
>>
>>39414089

literally just google emt programs in your area, it's good experience if you wana go to med/pa school
>>
Nursing major

18 pullups
>>
>>39414090
it's a shit meme anyway
>>
Chemistry. Last year of medical residency. No. 55k, likely 300ish next year.

5 pullups

>>39414089
It's not competitive. It can be a shitty lifestyle. Firefighter is a different approach
>>
File: 1504038702014.jpg (24KB, 480x568px) Image search: [Google]
1504038702014.jpg
24KB, 480x568px
>>39414009
What does that brap goddess have to do with your questions?
>>
>>39414089

>How to (USA)
Sign up for EMT class that is accredited in your state/city/municipality. They range from 170 hours split over several months, 2 nights weekly and above. When I went and took mine, it was a 220 hour, 6 hour a day and four 10 hour Saturdays. I took mine with a different component set though. This will licence you as an EMT-B or equal. You now must take a written and state practical exam to become licenced.

Class varies on the kind of person you are. Job is physically demanding and mentally exausting at times. Women are either wash outs, more manly than most men, or total sloots. Men vary from insane people to sheltered weebs. EMS attracts a big crowd but keeps a very small and very specific set.

From here get some ambulance time and take some college classes on A&P and Pharma if you are able. Apply to Paramedic school. Go to Paramedic school. Graduate Paramedic school. Mine was 18 months.

>How competitive?

Area depending. EMT usually less as there's usually a chronic shortage of EMTs. EMT is less of a career and more a stepping stone to Police, Fire, Paramedic, Nurse, PA, MD, so on and so forth.

Paramedic varies but usually it is pretty competitive.

>Doorways?

It is what you make of it. It definitely does though.
>>
>>39414042
thinking about moving to german to be a sales rep, i have awesome sale skills but 0 german language knowledge, i pick stuff up pretty quick tho.
1-10, how fked am i `?
>>
>>39414009
Why bubbles coming out into the pool. She farting?
>>
>>39414009
Structural engineer (self-employed / work from home)

$350 k + per year. High stress, tedious, and thankless, but the money is too good to pass up.

I can do 15+ pullups easily, but it took a long time to work up to that.
>>
>>39414009
Source
>>
>>39414009
Mechanical Engineering, about to start my second year of study.

Never done a pull up, just started working out the other day.
>>
>>39414102
we're all gonna make it
i just started studying errr automatic control? some sort of engineering.
robots you know?
>>
Medical doctor, working at ER.
I like the pay and my job is fulfilling but also intensely draining. Shifts are up to 17 hours and you need to be focused most of the time and breaks are short and rare
>>
>>39414104
Forgot.
Could do 8 on a bar, but I bought gym rings and now I can only do 5 wtf
>>
Firefighter, 45k in a retardedly low COL area.

>>
>>39414096
I want source
>>
>>39414009
computer science student, can do 12 pull ups
>>
>>39414105
More use of your stabilizer muscles, so it's harder to do. Good luck with the job though, I've heard it's beyond a pain physically.
>>
>>39414009
last year of hs, STEM. euro tho so it's not called hs. shit grades so idk what ima do in 1 year.

>>
car painter, but unemployed atm

>>
>>39414108
is it fun i wanna do computer science
i can do 3 pullups
>>
Just finished a chemistry degree and am not sure where to take it from here, got a first so I guess that should open a few doors hopefully... Just can't make my mind up... Any chembros out that wanna chime in what they do now?

~20
And 8 muscle ups
>>
>>39414112
yeh its fun, not too hard of a study but there is always more to learn and its very useful, kind of as difficult as u wanna make it really.
Can make some cool stuff also
>>
>>39414009
Poli Sci from a top 20 school.

275k/year in finance.

28 bw chins/ 5 with 100 lbs added
>>
I'm in medical college. No money yet.
>>
>>39414104
What ER do you do 17 hour shifts at.... you're doing something wrong
>>
No money yet, no job. 2nd year statistics major, not sure what I'm going to do with this major.

11 max with 25 lbs added on
>>
I'm a landscaper, and a part time teacher for a martial school on the week nights. I make about 23k a year.
0 pull ups, still working on my shoulder muscles.
>>
>>39414009

math, top 5.
software engineer at 130k/year

0. no pullup bar in home-gym. bench is 205@v5x5
>>
>>39414119
do you live on your own anon? I'm going to be pulling down probably ~25 a year while I'm in grad school and want to get a feel at how others in the same economic boat are doing.
>>
>>39414009
working on a masters in public health (epidemiology)

While I'm in school I'm bartending for a catering company that does mainly weddings and sometimes I do delivery for corporate lunches (shift is from 11 AM - 2PM and is the easiest $100 you'l ever make).

Shit is ok, I'm probably close to $30k/yr for now, I just graduated so I haven't been at this for long enough to know for sure but if I keep earning at this rate that's what I should be earning.
>>
phd in math
work anywhere i want
3000k starting
>>
>>39414079
Tracking 7his
>>
>md
>haven't graduated yet, median salary for the specialty I'm interested in is around 220K
>about 11
>>
File: 1497692982189.png (417KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
1497692982189.png
417KB, 960x731px
>physics teaching
>supervisor janitor
>maybe 1 on a good day
tfw no core
>>
>open a thread just because of the pic, hoping and praying it's a webm
>it's a webm

thanks breh
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.