[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 4chan bad for mental health? Does it over inflate the human ego?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Is 4chan bad for mental health? Does it over inflate the human ego?
>>
don't you think it depressurizes ego
everyone is anonymous and so are you
>>
>>39410881
My baseless observation is that everybody on the interest boards believes that their taste is some sort of esoteric knowledge reserved for 4chan and its users. People here act egotistical and emotionally/intellectually insecure. That includes me.
>>
It deflated mine.
>>
I just bought a box of eggo waffles today for the first time. Going to eat them in an hour or so when I get home. What am in for?
>>
>>39410960
4chan does lend it self to talking down on people pretty easily
after a while of doing it though i think most people realize it doesn't really do anything
and then can maybe interact with 4chan in greater equilibrium
until they get talked down to by someone else maybe
>>
>>39411179
Weirdly, I was craving them earlier today. What flavor did you get?
>>
>>39410858
Having been off of 4chan for 8 years and subsequently acquired what normies refer to as "a life," /r9k/ has made me feel so much better about myself because you faggots haven't matured a single bit in the last 8 years.
>>
>>39411189
You have to have an ego to be able to talk down to someone. A healthy, strong sense of self and a secure sense of identity is not characteristic of a deflated ego.
>>
>>39411191
Just the plain ones since I have maple syrup and don't want the waffles to overpower the flavour.
>>
>>39410858
4chan (especially /r9k/) just makes me feel like shit. I lose touch with reality, avoid family and friends, and just overall feel depressed all the time. I really need to stop posting here.
>>
>>39411215
Yeah same, I almost never post on /r9k/, I just needed a relevant board for this topic. I have a girlfriend, friends, job, never feel lonely etc
>>
>>39411228
My favorite is the miniature cinnamon ones. Regular ego waffles are pretty alright, nothing to write home about, but still pretty good. Try those cinnamon minis when you can, though.
>>
Wtf inflate the ego? people come here and commit suicide every other day. nah, what it is is your humanist ego that cant get over the fact you're nothing. you're entire species is shit.

If i have an Ego because I deafeted the Ego then so be it. Join the winning team bro. The first shall be last and the last first.
>>
>>39411273
Egotistical people off themselves all the time. Inflated ego =/= psychologically well-adjusted
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.