[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hope/ Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 1483377290999.jpg (35KB, 570x572px) Image search: [Google]
1483377290999.jpg
35KB, 570x572px
Hey robots, I think there's hope for more of you than you may think.
I don't mean that you can be hideous and still succeed, I'm not here to peddle lies.
What I'm saying is that I don't believe you're all as ugly and hopeless as you say. It may be true for some of you but I think everybody here has a worse image of themself than they maybe should.

I may not be able to leave this place but I'll be damned if I don't at least help hoist some of you up and out.

This is a /hope/ thread.
>>
>>39388052
Listen to this there is no hope

>>39386511#
https://vocaroo.com/i/s08Nqmm0j52B
>>
>What I'm saying is that I don't believe you're all as ugly and hopeless as you say.
Are you sure OP ? even if one has these issues
>fat
>5'6 manlet
>health OCD
>nigger
>>
>>39388052
>girl told me i'm hot
>go on photofeeler
>get rated down

fucking lying BITCH
>>
File: 1427007580129.jpg (56KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1427007580129.jpg
56KB, 722x349px
>>39388052
There is no hope, it's only gonna get worse, and whatever generic self improvement cliches you have up your sleeve aren't gonna convince me otherwise.
>>
>>39388133
Yeah, I'm a manlet as well, and not even an attractive one.

We may be lost but there are bound to be people here who shouldn't be but don't know their potential.

If I can't succeed ourselves then I say why shouldn't I try to help those who can succeed to help themselves. There is some potential here.
>>
File: 1502997915027.jpg (97KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502997915027.jpg
97KB, 720x720px
>Applying for jobs
>They want a cover letter and 3 years experience for the most basic of cashiering jobs
Fuck you I'm applying with my resume anyway, I must dig myself out of this hole
>>
>>39388248
I've got no cliches for you. You might actually be fucked or you might not. Review your situation carefully, and make note of things that are in your power to change.

You may very well be fucked.
>>
>>39388319
You ever consider a different direction?
Community college, trade school, an apprenticeship in some cases, etc.
I've gotten wage-slave jobs without all that although I'm happy to say that I'm in a better place financially and educationally.

Now dating on the other hand...
>>
>27
>already bald, look like cancer patient, ears that don't complement the look at all, ugly in general
>skinny, emaciated look
>virgin
>can't carry a conversation
>can't make eye contact
>people get quiet around me
>go months sometimes without talking to someone face-to-face
>major avolition problems

am i too far gone? if i'm alone at 30 i plan to kill myself that birthday.
>>
>>39388334
Maybe I don't want hope. Maybe I just want to give up and stop trying even subconsciously.
>>
>>39388375
Depends on your financial situation. If you aren't fucked then you might have time to improve upon some of those social behaviors. You may never find a partner but people are still willing to befriend ugly people if they're of good character.
>>
>>39388479
The human condition won't let you stop caring entirely. But maybe you're right, maybe you are hopeless and worthless. I'm not going to decide that for you, because I can't. Just be honest with yourself and if you find that you genuinely are hopeless then so be it. Trying to help others instead of myself was the compromise that I decided on since I have all of this time to be alive.
>>
File: 1503777226696.png (58KB, 1044x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1503777226696.png
58KB, 1044x1300px
>>39388364
I already have a bachelor of the fine arts because my stupid ass wants to be a comic book artist. But I have no confidence and am depressed all the time so I just need a shit job I can move out of my parents house with
>>
>>39388497
if i can't get a partner, i don't want to live. what's the point of being a token ugly guy in some group of friends then going home to an empty apartment? what good is that?
>>
>>39388597
I recommend you try marketing that degree to a local business or something that isn't a soulless corporation. And if you're not going to use it then at least try to find work somewhere that isn't just a grocery store. I've learned to fake confidence for interviews and whatnot and due to the nature of my work once I'm in I basically can stop faking because my work is fairly isolated.
>>
>>39388651
You said it, not me. If you only value intimate relationships then either figure out where you need to go to make that happen or accept that you can't. I have some pretty good friends and I value them and my work enough that I can live with the pain of lacking intimacy. But if you only value intimacy then I have nothing more I can offer.
>>
>>39388671
I'm a total mess in life, man. I don't have mentors or role models. I'm 26 and am such a pathetic virgin that I didn't even touch my mom's pussy while being born. I don't have any friends and never did. feel like a failure. I feel like an alien, or a machine. I don't want a stressful life because I'm not strong enough. I just want to lie down on the sidewalk and fucking sleep.
>>
>>39388797
Calling yourself weak is a pathetic measure. People are capable of much more than they usually thing. I've been surprising myself recently in that regard. Anyways, if you continuously call yourself a weak failure then that is what you will become if you aren't one already. The best thing you can do is TRY taking on some responsibility towards your goals. Hit an unpassable roadblock? Modify your goals. This does actually sound like cliched self-help bullshit at this point but realistically it's because you know the most about your situation than anybody else, although not necessarily all about it.
>>
>>39388928
I just want to be an artist, that's all I can bring myself to care about. I don't know anything about the corporate world. I just want to make art
Why is life so shitty
>>
>>39388990
Creative people do not have it easy. Have you ever considered graphic design? Maybe try putting some art on the internet and start doing comissions?
I'm not creative at all so I can hardly help you here, but like with most things I think the internet is your friend.
>>
>>39388052
I've never met a girl that meets my ridiculous ideals irl and I doubt that if I ever did she would be interested in me. There's no /hope/ for me.
>>
>>39388052
Dating isn't everything guys. Have you considered what you'd do if you knocked up a girl? You'd have a tiny robot being raised by more robots, and they'd suck your money faster than you can earn it.

Disregard females, acquire currency. You don't have to be beautiful to have reasonable economic success.
>>
>>39389065
>Omg anon you should put your art on Instagram!
>I do
>A year later
>Absolutely nothing
>>
File: 1503922524407.jpg (22KB, 480x910px) Image search: [Google]
1503922524407.jpg
22KB, 480x910px
Hope threads are suicide fuel
>See hope thread
>See how people have turned their life around
>They have a wonderful leave
>Realise I won't commit to any changes
>Realise i'll die alone
hope threads just make me even more sad.
>>
>>39389065
I'm not this guy >>39389324 but basically this. Unless you're drawing Steven Universe fanart nobody gives a shit
Thanks for talking to me, though. I'll never give up, even if I'm weak and it's hard.
>>
>>39389121
You'd have a better time if your ideals weren't ridiculous
>>
File: annie.jpg (434KB, 1331x1547px) Image search: [Google]
annie.jpg
434KB, 1331x1547px
>>39388133
>>39388052
Honestly this is more of a newer perspective for me, only after getting my nightmare job of being in a huge popular store on cash register, but people in real life are more average and ugly than we like to realize.

I probably get through roughly 200~ customers per day, often customers will have family, friends or SO with them so lets guess I stand face to face with about 400 - 500 actual people each day on a conversational, eye contact level. Keep in mind this is a dude who spent the previous 3 years in pure solitude in his room.

the first thing I learned is
>average people are uglier than you think
people of all ages included, just the general facial and body abnormalities that afflict the majority of people, only about 15% of the people I see hold some relative level of attraction to them.

>more ugly manlet guys have gfs than you think
I know they're still normies even if they are unnatractive manlets, but still one cannot deny their objective looks are similar to ours.

seriously though we need to redefine our personal views on 'hope' to be different than just getting women, I define hope as just having a path out of the rut you are currently in.

ever noticed how you'd go to bed and have a huge depressive existential crisis, only to eventually fall asleep and wake up in the light of the morning haven forgotten all about it? Thats how I define it. Even if you feel like shit and completely trapped within your mortal body doomed to biologically die. you still just put it past you and enjoy the light that shines down.

im literally still a black avpd manlet virgin autist but I stopped giving a shit at this point and only want to focus on what self motivated actions will help me out of this seemingly eternal rut of a circumstance.
>>
>>39389504
I can't help it. I don't want a vapid extrovert Stacy that only knows how to talk about her past relationships and gossip but that's the only kind of women I've seen in my work and before I dropped out of college women were almost inexistent.
>>
>>39389594
How are your look standards? What you're describing is a shut in catlady.
Or you could just come to terms with the fact that most heallthy people have been in relationships and they want to talk about them
>>
>>39389675
>How are your look standards?
A 4/10 is good if she has a good personality and dresses well but doesn't look like a slut.

>Or you could just come to terms with the fact that most heallthy people have been in relationships and they want to talk about them
I don't think I can do that.
>>
>>39388375
Have you tried propecia?
>>
>>39389798
We're similar, to be honest. If it's any consolation, being in a relationship with someone who makes you sick is a million times worse than being alone.
>>
>>39389416
I did say I knew almost nothing about art. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>39389579
Agreed. When walking around I find most people have unattractive features. The distribution of beautiful people is a lot smaller than you think, in some random sample of walking outside. But if you stay indoors and just look at photos from the media and tv, etc, then you will have a bias of only looking at a small sample and judging attraction off what you are now most familiar with from the media you consume.
Still, I think I'm an ugly fuck. I hate it. I wish I were blonde haired, blue eyed and cute guy.
>>
>>39389594
OP here, I agree. My primary definition of success is not getting a gf because despite the fact that not all women are trash, a large proportion dare I say a majority are.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.