[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is an Arizona bark scorpion. Little motherfucker right here

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 20170829_060215.jpg (1MB, 3715x2786px) Image search: [Google]
20170829_060215.jpg
1MB, 3715x2786px
This is an Arizona bark scorpion. Little motherfucker right here got into my bed and stung me twice while I was sleeping. Third time over the past year.

Side effects include:
>Runny nose
>Tingling in lips and/or tongue
>Numbness in sting area
>Dizziness
>Blurry vision
Of which I am feeling ALL at once.
Nothing can be done to cure these stings, which is fine because they very rarely kill. You can only wait 3 to 5 days and just ride it out.
It's very hard to type.

AMA
>>
>>39382616
OH FUCK. That's awful, OP. Can you post a pic of the stings?
>>
Do you not keep it in an enclosure or something?
>>
File: 1503681373325.jpg (153KB, 1440x803px) Image search: [Google]
1503681373325.jpg
153KB, 1440x803px
>>39382616
consume it
>>
File: 1503958633880.png (366KB, 696x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503958633880.png
366KB, 696x720px
>>39382616
>living in a country with demons crawling into you bed as you sleep

ah, americans
>>
>>39382637
The sting marks are unfortunately invisible. Not like a mosquito bite or anything. There's no bleeding or entry point.

>>39382642
Not a pet. Just a nuisance.
>>
It's a cool animal. Keep it around and feed it until it dies.
>>
>>39382648
No thanks I like having teeth.

>>39382652
I thought I could have avoided them by living on the third floor apartment. Apparently not.
The guy below me died from being stung by too many scorpions at once, as if that's any reassurance. He was 85, though.
My complex refuses to do anything about it.
>>
Oh fuck, my left eye just went blurrier than my right

>>39382677
What's so cool about them?
>>
>>39382687
Maybe you should go to a doctor..
>>
>>39382696
Last time I went, they sent me home and told me to wait it out.
>>
>>39382687
They look cool and have a cool name. Also they sting fags and don't afraid of anything. Keep it and feed it shit then squash it when you get tired of it.
>>
>>39382616
>no scorpions where I live
Sometimes I'm happy to be Australian.
>>
File: 20170829_062329.jpg (2MB, 3715x2786px) Image search: [Google]
20170829_062329.jpg
2MB, 3715x2786px
You have no idea how much mucus I'm producing right now. Here is the amount of tissues I've used since the start of this thread.
>>
>>39382733
>no scorpions where I live
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scorpions_of_Australia

I just wanna live in a nice place with no pests :(
>>
>>39382616
Do you live in Arizona or in an adjacent state? How do you like it living there? Desert states look like a sad place to live.
>>
>>39382616
so, its new drugs..then?
>>
>>39382718
Alright, I'm keeping him.
What should I name him?
>>
If you get stung by these can you use these as an excuse to get out of work? If I were you I would just perceive it as some sort of Native American high. Is there a pain in your stomach? It can't be that bad. Can you compare it to any other feeling?
>>
>>39382793
Is Sting too obvious?
>>
>>39382793
Name him Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner.
>>
>>39382793
Liu kang.
>>
>>39382776
>Do you live in Arizona or in an adjacent state?
In Phoenix, AZ.
>How do you like it living there?
6/10. I'm not homeless but it's not much better. Everything's insanely expensive and if your air conditioner breaks, you could die. It rains once a year for 5 minutes and there are an unusual amount of crazies here. Not to mention, obviously, the scorpions.
>Desert states look like a sad place to live.
Oh, they are. I miss rain and leaves and snow. It's a bitch when you live in the middle of it but you miss it the moment you leave.
>>
>>39382814
Are you planning to get out eventually?
>>
>>39382801
Sting is a cool name. Imma go with Sting.
>>39382811
What...why?
>>39382813
Eh..

>>39382796
>If you get stung by these can you use these as an excuse to get out of work?
That's what I'm planning on doing. I'm going to call my boss and just ask for the day off. Hopefully he'll understand.
>Is there a pain in your stomach?
Nope, no stomach pain. Just blurry vision, dizzyness, mushmouth and numb shoulder-to-elbow range. Also losing some dexterity.
It's fine as long as I don't get up.
>Can you compare it to any other feeling?
It's what I imagine having a stroke would feel like based off of other people's descriptions. Or if you've had a panic attack, it's like that but toned down. Feels like my eyes and nose are under intense pressure, like something is taking up space inside my head and trying to expand my skull.
Not exactly pleasant.
>>
>>39382835
Yeah. Thinking of maybe Portland? Or Philadelphia? Maybe some area in Maine.
Can't afford to relocate now but maybe someday in the near future...
>>
>>39382862
Because Sting's real name is Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner.
>>
>>39382888
Oh, that's much better.
Alright, his name is Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner.
>>
I think because I've been stung twice before, my body is cleaning out the toxins faster. Is that possible?
The first time it took almost a full day for lip-numbness to happen but this time around it's only been an hour and half my face is already numb. Feels like I'm going through the phases much faster than last time.
>>
>>39382952
Might depend were you got stung. I'd expect an early onset if the venom can easily diffuse to a patch of capillaries vs a poorly irrigated fatty area.
>>
>>39383021
Back of right shoulder.
It's twitching violently now. Is this good or bad?
>>
>>39383032
I don't know. Don't you have some sort of medical hotline you can call?
>>
>>39382811
I don't know where I know this name from
>>
>>39382733

Are you retarded anon?

I used to keep the fuckers. We don't have any lethal ones though. All ours are boring too.

It might interest you to know that we have native tarantulas too, and no, they aren't huntsmans. Google phogius strenuus for reference. Again, we only get boring species. Just different shades of brown. Funnily enough, our tarantulas and scorpions are some of our fauna that isn't lethal. Same for centipedes here. No lethal scorpions, tarantulas or centipedes.
>>
>>39383212
Are there any lethal tarantula species though? (That can kill a grown man that is)
>>
>>39382616

Are you planning on torturing it for acting against you?
>>
>>39382616
>being an arizonfag
>living in the desert
Fuck no. It's nice but when I used to visit my grandma I would ALWAYS wake up to scorpions in the bathtub. What the fuck man. It's all city life for me.
>>
When I was a kid I jumped over a rattlesnake that lunged at me. If I didn't jump I could have been pretty deep shit.
>>
fap and cum on it to ensure your dominance
>>
Emperor's are the best

https://youtu.be/VfdYpNVag2E
>>
Fuck OP I live in Arizona, I hate this fucking place, I lived in Ohio all my life until last year too.
Previous owner had a fucking rattlesnake crawl into the house and I regularly have them outside the fence in the backyard.
I hope these scorpions don't invade me
>>
>>39382616
>>39383731
So it's settled? Arizona is an irredeemable hellhole and should be gassed at once?
>>
I also live in AZ. If you can't afford an exterminator, you might want to go get some boric acid or boric acid based insecticide and sprinkle it down by your base boards, under your doors and window seals. This stuff will get get onto the legs of roaches/crickets/ants and kill them when the ingest it by cleaning. Those are usually the main food sources that is attracting the scorpions. Another thing to do is go to a hardware store and get some mesh and tape it really well around any vents you have. It's pretty common for them to crawl through vents, onto the ceiling, and then fall onto your bed.
>>
>>39382616
You would think that repeated exposure would build an immunity or at least a better resistance to it.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.