[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else here practice intermittent fasting? You eat

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 467721386.jpg (38KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
467721386.jpg
38KB, 612x408px
Does anyone else here practice intermittent fasting?

You eat normally one day, then eat nothing the next, and so on. You are only allowed water and some salt on fasting days. Make sure not to eat anything after 5pm on your eating day.

When you fast you deplete liver glycogen and your body starts producing ketones from your fat stores, using up your body fat and helping you lose weight. The state of ketosis has proven health and mental benefits, for example it combats epilepsy, ADHD and alzheimers. Ketosis also curbs hunger because your blood sugar isn't spiking from ingesting carbohydrates.

Because you don't eat anything after 5pm your body has used up all your glycogen overnight so you wake up in the morning on your fasting day already in ketosis.

It's easy enough to go one day without eating even for very hungry people, because unlike a traditional diet and calorie restriction you know that tomorrow you'll be eating like a king and have something to look forward to.
>>
I did it, it was very effective, lost 5 kg in 2 weeks.
>>
>>39381676
I do occasionally. Not necessarily to lose weight, but just to practice the act of fasting. I might do it to lose some weight here soon though. My tummy is getting a little big
>>
>>39381676
I've been considering doing it. I need to lose about 5-7 kg to feel good about my body. I think I will start tomorrow.

I would like to ask though what do you do about the tiredness? I have an exam coming up and I'm also moving to a new place, would it affect my productivity?
>>
>>39381676
I did it, but made a mistake of eating "moderate amount" than I used to. Got a devastating indigestion on my 5th day and later on gradually re-introduced food to my daily diet.

But during that I can honestly say very effective and my mind became very active as well as my personality became confident.
>>
I did 16 / 8 for around 6 months

felt pretty nice a lot of the times but sometimes when hunger would set in at hour 13-14 it could be pretty brutal and every fiber of your being is screaming to eat something
>>
it's the best way i've found to lose weight. you don't have to have a perfect diet for it, either.

you also feel kind of cleansed, like your body has been given time to use everything it possibly can, including fat stores.
>>
>>39381786
Make sure to keep your electrolytes up while fasting. Just adding some salt to a glass of water should do it. If you get cramps in your legs especially at night, you need more salt.

The longer you do for it the easier it gets because your body slowly becomes keto adapted and more efficient at burning fat on your fast days. This can take months to achieve though.

My advice would be to eat normally when you have something very important going on. You can always resume your fast tomorrow. Just make sure "this once" doesn't become "every day".
>>
>>39381676
I kinda do that, my diet right now is that I only eat breakfast and then go hungry for the rest of the day. Burns fat pretty well.
>>
Is there any way I could make this viable while not breaking my tradition of downing 750ml of rum and like 2 liters of coke every friday night?
>>
>>39382117
Fast on Thursday and Saturday, eat and drink on Friday.
>>
>>39381676
I have heard of a less extreme version of this that basically is just restricting caloric intake to a 6 hour window every day.

So for example, you can eat breakfast at 8 am, and then a big lunch at 1 pm, but you cant eat anything until 8 am the next day.

Essentially it is skipping either breakfast or dinner. I also remember it requires eating low carbs and lots of meat and veggies. Is that still intermittent fasting?
>>
>>39382364
I do this, it's very easy, you stop eating 3 hours before sleeping, you sleep 8-9 hours and wait 3 hours to eat. It's perfect to prevent degenerative brain diseases. I often take 10g of garlic and apple vinegar while fasting because it cleans your stomach
>>
>>39381676
Is there some type of calorie limit for my eat days? Say I eat 3.5k Calories on my eat day, would I still lose weight or do I have to limit myself to maintenence levels?
>>
>>39382420
Depends on what you want to achieve.

If you want to maintain your weight, you can eat double your maintenance on your eat days. If you want to lose weight, eat maintenance.
>>
>>39382393
>It's perfect to prevent degenerative brain diseases.
Well I dont know about that. (not doubting you, but that is hard to demonstrate on an individual basis). How about your fitness / weight / energy levels? Did you get /fit/ doing that?
>>
>>39382283
but I'd be drinking well past 5 on friday.

not to mention that I'll likely be fucked enough by saturday to need something to make me not feel like dying.
>>
>>39381676
not by this definition, but something similar. i eat only one meal a day. normal meal, 700 - 1000 calories. usually late at night, when i come back from work. though sometimes i don't feel all that hungry and i could probably try eating every two days.
i weight 86 kg, so slightly overweigth, but am slowly losing weight without much exercise (down 4 kg in three months). i was at 65 kg in 2014 but got fat because of antidepressants.
>>
>>39382538
My nigga. This is the patrician way to fast. I eat every day but only in a 4 hour window, am literally ripped as fuck going to the gym twice a week
>>
always wanted to but, i think my parents would freak out
>>
I ate every second day when I lived alone to save on food. But does doing this affect GAINZ? (If I were to start lifting weights) (I won't)
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.