[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convince myself that I am not a worthless piece of shit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 35.png (229KB, 977x919px) Image search: [Google]
35.png
229KB, 977x919px
How do I convince myself that I am not a worthless piece of shit for getting a BA in English Language and Literature?
>>
Alcohol, mainly.
>>
>>39378966
It's rather difficult to believe a lie when you know it's a lie, but it's not impossible. I believe in you, anon.
>>
>>39378984
That would have been an excellent solution really, had I could find a job with my degree so I can buy alcohol.
>>
>>39378966
You don't. You move on with your life and stop hating yourself.

Film BA here. I used to hate myself for it, but I just got tired of it. Just get on with your life.
>>
Go read Infinite Jest
>>
File: 1501399728073.png (152KB, 616x725px) Image search: [Google]
1501399728073.png
152KB, 616x725px
I was an English major too but then switched it to minor and did my major in a traditional STEM field. I'm still a jobless loser so don't feel too bad op.
>>
>>39378966
I like to pretend that going to a decent university will even things out.
>>39379006
I study joint honours English and Film. When will I get tired of hating myself?
>>
Just drink heavily and beat your wife and children.
>>
File: 08d.gif (179KB, 241x210px) Image search: [Google]
08d.gif
179KB, 241x210px
>>39379061
Welp, I got my BA from one of the best universities in my country. It still didn't even things out for me.

>>39379006
I have a friend whose in the process of getting a Film BA and we are currently trying to get into film production. Guess the ride truly never ends.
>>
Probably just realise literally no one except you gives a single shit what your degree is in
>>
>>39378966
Suicide is an option

Surprisingly not an original podt
>>
>>39379061
Probably never, but you start to like punishing yourself.
>>
go to law school retard
>>
>>39379096
Like independent film? Or moving to Hollywood and """"making it big""""?
>>
>>39379454
We literally have an ocean between Hollywood and us. It is mostly independent right now but we are aiming for a country wide success in the future.
>>
>>39379483
Indie is the new Hollywood. I'm not joking. Hollywood is getting ever too big for its own britches. It's going to collapse sooner or later.
>>
>>39379483
Where are you based because it's probably way easier to make it in some countries with a pre-existing framework for independent filmmakers?
>>
>>39379525
I am in Turkey. Film industry here is basically non-existent. So it is both easier and harder in a way. It is easier to get recognition because there is a great lack in the industry but it is also harder as it is quite hard to find a production company because of monopolies.
>>
>>39379596
Make a film that depicts Muhammad. All publicity is good publicity.
>>
>>39378984
>tfw don't have that old "ALCOHOL! :D" comic anymore
>>
>>39379692
I am pretty sure depicting Muhammed is prohibited in islam and doing so would get us into trouble but thanks for the idea anyway.
>>
>>39379709
>depicting Muhammed is prohibited in islam
That's the point. Everyone in your country will be pissed off at you and make you into a famous movie producer through infamy.
>>
>>39378966

English major here. Why the fuck are you not teaching? Teachers are the most successful profession on Tinder. You get summers off. It's fucking easy. Yeah the money isn't amazing but it's more than enough for a decent life.
>>
>>39379765
I tried teaching for 4 months working at a Language School and I hated every bit of it. Would rather attend to tables rather than teaching.
>>
>>39379738
>make you into a famous movie producer
they will make him dead guy who made movies

>>39379596
Would reccommend looking at indie film festivals in UK and France, I know a couple of people who have made just one or two short films themselves for that kind of thing before landing some kind of investment or a cosy production job.
>>
My friend has a fairly successful freelance editing business. Just basically proofreads college papers and stuff makes an average of 25 an hour, work isn't super consistent though
>>
>>39379801
>they will make him dead guy who made movies
How's that different from what I said?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.