[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it a bad idea to join my university's videogame/anime club

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 12

File: 1443955781452.jpg (164KB, 888x914px) Image search: [Google]
1443955781452.jpg
164KB, 888x914px
is it a bad idea to join my university's videogame/anime club
>>
do you like 5 year old memes and nu-males?
>>
I attended a few of their video game nights.

I didn't make any long lasting friendships but I did have a little bit of fun.

The regret of doing nothing will hurt more than the regret of feeling uncomfortable, I assure you, so go.
>>
>>39373969
this anon is right, you should just go.
>>
>>39372673
Expect somewhere between irl 4chan and irl reddit.
>>
>>39372673
When I did it was full of plebs and I got bored fast, but I guess that trying wouldn't hurt.
>>
Probably full of cringy Doctor Who-lovers, but you might as well go and possibly meet someone interesting or have something memorable happen
>>
At least your university has clubs. Try it out but don't make a fool of yourself.
>>
File: 1489597928441.png (276KB, 600x561px) Image search: [Google]
1489597928441.png
276KB, 600x561px
I'm 10 years older than everyone else. Would it be a bad idea to join my college's anime club? I feel like they can't match my power level.
>>
>>39375958
Do it, by revealing your power level you will rule them all. But for real as long as you're not an asshole they'd probably look up to you.
>>
File: 1490470181381.jpg (370KB, 790x903px) Image search: [Google]
1490470181381.jpg
370KB, 790x903px
>>39376011
Have you ever met one of those normalfags who thinks just because you're quiet it means you're quietly disgusted and think you're better than everyone else?

That's how I would probably be at an anime club. Silently judging everyone and considering whether or not I should leave immediately.
>>
Anime club? Sure, protect that virginity with all your might
>>
>>39372673
Try joining something more constructive, unless you want to just dick around with a bunch of other spergs and 3/10s
>>
You'll probably hate yourself but the next time you start to feel lonely you'll remember the alternative
>>
>>39372673
go & make them know what true patrician taste is
>>
File: 336403-ancestor.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
336403-ancestor.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDFaNTr44lE

Beware the unspeakable horrors that await.
>>
>>39372673
You should at least check it out to see if it fits you. University-age fans tend to not be as maladjusted as their younger counterparts. They tend to understand a certain amount of moderation, and keep their excitement inside the club room. Which is fine: nothing wrong with genuine enthusiasm, as long as it is expressed in the right place.
>>
>>39378432
What a throwback.

>>39372673

Honestly, as much as I would love discussing the shows I watch, there is absolutely nothing to gain from it. You assume these plebs who are willing to organize a university club are going to have any idea about anything but mainstream anime. I bet you 5/7 people who you ask will reply their favorite show is One piece/Naruto/Fairy Tail. If you wanted to be actually finding someone near your level of actual sharing ideas walk in there and just ask who here has seen Welcome to the N.H.K. IF anyone says yes then bam there is an actually chance of having someone to discuss anything with. As for Vidya its going to be League of Legends and maybe smash bros depending on the level of nerds. I highly doubt they'll be playing anything other than things on the first page of twitch, or anything other than what they saw their favorite streamer playing.

> Now the flipside to that is if what you're looking for then you are in luck.

However being on /r9k/ I would assume that it would be more awkward to be there trying to talk about clannad or something to people that will not relate. Do not fool yourself they will have the same hobbies, but on a normie level. It would consist of feeling out of place or you telling them shows that they've never heard of and you feeling like you cannot share the ones that actually have substance because they will think you're weird for watching something on that level. Truly you would be better off sharing those thoughts on /a/ and not becoming known as a weeaboo despite just knowing more about their so called hobby.

>tldr;
>You will not be able to relate to them and you'll be known as next level weeaboo.

I hide the anime I watch and never have met anyone other than through online that I could relate to in that aspect. Worked great for me so far. If on the absolute rare chance someone else brings up anime I only talk about the show they bring up and never ask if they've seen my show.
>>
File: 1503984125357.png (307KB, 531x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503984125357.png
307KB, 531x720px
There was a thread about this a few days ago here. We all agreed it's fucking shit.

>Everyone smells
>fat roasties that wear cat ears and play zelda in the corner
>95% of the people there are SSBfags
>That one normie faggot who brings their gf in thinking they belong

It's not worth it OP, you'll just end up hating vidya more at the end of the day.
>>
>>39378702
>You assume these plebs who are willing to organize a university club are going to have any idea about anything but mainstream anime.
Right, because casual fans are the ones who take on the responsibility to make and run clubs dedicated to the thing that they are a fan of.
There are grains of truth in your post: many members will be casual. If OP isn't casual, he may end up feeling alienated by some, depending on how the interaction goes. It happened with me when I answered a question about the number of anime I had watched, and said, "Over 100." The person who asked made a face that was a mix between mostly weirded-out and only slightly impressed, and it didn't make me feel good.
But that same night, other, more "experienced" members came and talked with me, and made me feel welcome again. And after having more interactions with casual members, they were all just as accepting as the hardcore. I just happened to have a bad first experience.
Point being, you will almost certainly not be the most hardcore person in the room, and you aren't somehow worth more because you have more experience in your hobby than another person. If it's just ability to hold conversation "on your level," you'll find it, unless you're extremely unlucky. And you're even more likely to find people who would be willing to give something a shot that is highly recommended to them.
>>
>>39379137
>>39378702
I went a couple of times and this was exactly my experience. Smash Bros and absolute casual filth. A few with MLP merch. Tails and ears. I have scarcely seen such autism. Might as well have called it the neurodiversity club.
>>
File: ourguy.jpg (110KB, 582x408px) Image search: [Google]
ourguy.jpg
110KB, 582x408px
Remember instead of wasting your time with retards and larping normies you could do some volunteering.

Benefits include:
>meet new people with interests outside your own that aren't just normie drinking
>there will be girls, some will be attractive
>Looks great on CV
>gives you something to talk about
>Help people and be a useful member of society
>develop new skills
>gain confidence

or you know, do what you do here 24/7 with the only difference being its in meat space.
>>
File: 1501717237234.jpg (88KB, 716x806px) Image search: [Google]
1501717237234.jpg
88KB, 716x806px
>>39379744

>help people
>>
File: laughing_biffo.jpg (46KB, 543x640px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_biffo.jpg
46KB, 543x640px
>>39379787
help your self brother, you get more out of it than they do. But you have to do the right kind, ie. if you are doing CS help kids program don't feed the poor.
>>
File: 1503672673835.jpg (88KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1503672673835.jpg
88KB, 768x768px
>Walk into Anime Club
>hey have any of you seen Welcome to the N.H.K, Serial Experiments Lain, Higurashi, Ghost in the Shell?
>no
>silently leave
>>
>>39379847
>watching Higurashi
>not reading it
Anon, you are the casual
>>
File: 1502810629625.png (232KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1502810629625.png
232KB, 768x432px
>>39379826

I once donated a bag of my dog's shit to the women's shelter donation bin. I did my part already faggot.
>>
>>39372673
>videogame/anime club
if doing that shit at uni is interesting to u then kill urself
look urself in the garage with a car airtight seal all the doors then floor the car
>>
File: 1503947179656.png (197KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1503947179656.png
197KB, 350x350px
>>39379847
>they didnt even see ghost in the shell
What the hell do they watch, moe-shit and one punch exclusively?
>>
Sorry but since I've never been to a school with it I always wonder, what do you even do in an anime club? I get the concept of a video game club they probably just play different games but with anime club is it really just a bunch of people watching a show?
>>
>>39379933
It's to make friends with other people who Shae the same interest with you. Though I was never able to make friends in clubs.
>>
>>39379982
what do you actually do though
>>
>>39379993
Talk about Anime I guess, hell that's what /a/ does all the time.
>>
>>39375958
Same boat as you, went to first meet-up, now I'm the cool uncle who brings booze to the parties. Its a pretty good time. Sunday the qt with the blue hair laid on my lap and played with my dick through my pants while we were waiting to play RockBand, I'm going to smash her next week for sure.
>>
File: 1503640885626.jpg (76KB, 719x623px) Image search: [Google]
1503640885626.jpg
76KB, 719x623px
>watching some moe anime I forget
>they are having their own anime club
>they have lots of fun and make great friends and great times, the MC even ends up bedding one of the girls
>mfw I realize this is nothing like reality

r-right? ;_;
>>
there could be your future girlfriend
>>
my pal has a great time in his college anime club
maybe you will too???
>>
>>39372673
Clubs and other social groups are far more relatable than individuals.
>>
>>39373969
>The regret of doing nothing will hurt more than the regret of feeling uncomfortable, I assure you, so go.
Truth
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.