[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do modern teenagers have such an intense desire to associate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Why do modern teenagers have such an intense desire to associate themselves with mental instability, exaggerated mental problems and illnesses despite being fully functioning individuals with friends, future and relationships?
>>
Because if they blame these things, the failures, when they do come, won't be theirs to bear.

Then again, neither will the successes, because they've dissociated themselves from their actions. Since they can't own anything, they will inevitably go neurotic, and the illnesses they made up will become self-fulfilling prophecies
>>
>>39335001
They seek those who are stable because their life is turbulent
They act out because they want someone to see them and comfort them.

Thats my best guess, I'm 22
>>
File: C-rs6CpXkAAxehO.jpg (180KB, 1200x974px) Image search: [Google]
C-rs6CpXkAAxehO.jpg
180KB, 1200x974px
teens always loved larping mental illness. it gets them attention and makes them feel special.
>>
For the same reason that most of you do the same
>>
File: 1494455598197.jpg (3KB, 107x124px) Image search: [Google]
1494455598197.jpg
3KB, 107x124px
>>39335001
Because it's a good way to get attention and sympathy from other normies and it makes them feel like they're special in some way and gives them something to blame when things go wrong or they do something stupid. Hearing 16 year old tumblrinas joke about their "CRIPPLING SOCIAL ANXIETY" because they choked up when some guy they liked approached them or something makes me fucking livid. Being unable to be around other people without feeling like everyones eyes are constantly fixed directly on you as they inspect and judge every subtle movement you make and laugh at you behind your back isn't fucking trendy or cute, it's fucking miserable
>>
It's not just teenagers. There are plenty of people my age who are like that too.
>>
ione of the games that normies have to play in the land of normieville is to try to differentiate themselves from each other enough so that they can gain attention/status, while at the same time not differentiating themselves so much that they become a social pariah. it's a very delicate dance the normies have to do, but it's one they must master if they want to become a truly accomplished normie.
>>
>>39335001
Teenagers have always been attention-starved little shits, it's nothing new.

[/thread]
>>
>>39335001
They want to be different yet still maintain the childlike mentality that acting helpless will garner them attention and help.
>>
>>39335001
Because they see all these jewish hollywood movies where the protagonist is struggling really hard with mental problems that normals are unaware of but is still a very remarkable individual, and they feel like they would be taken seriously if they could relate, so they placebo it on themselves.
>>
>>39335151
>it's fucking miserable
Precisely. I find it amazing about people who constantly see a need to share their every single little quirk and call it helpful and therapeutic. Every mental disorder is a permanent label, a gross reality of your fundamental malformity. How anyone would like to associate their individual with a mark of inherent inferiority is beyond me.
>>
>>39335001
Because the current generation of first-worlders haven't experienced any real tragedy like a war or a famine, their lives are safe and nearly perfect, so they have to make up reasons to be sad.

Humans have a sort of "pessimism instinct" that has kept us alive for millions of years, our natural instinct is to assume the worst in any given situation so we can make steps to improve that situation. No matter where we are or what our lives are like, we're always predisposed to assume it's the end of the world, because that's how motherfuckers used to stay alive.

But now everyone is safe and educated and the worst thing they have to deal with is feeling mildly uncomfortable in social situations. You put these same people in the shoes of a WW2 refugee running for their life and they wouldn't give half a shit about depression or social anxiety, they'd be worrying about getting their heads blown off by nazis. Basically a modern millenial has no perspectice or reference point for real hardship, so they get equally worked up about pointless shit, as if they were really suffering.
>>
>>39335635
Every single living person in the world has some kind of academic mental disorder/condition, because the vast majority of those "conditions" are just behavior patterns that can be caused by all sorts of things, they aren't like diseases.
>>
It's the latest trending fad, just like how wearing oversized glasses (despite not needing any) was a couple years back and autism years ago. They want the attention and to have the victim complex all while shaming people who actually have these mental conditions. Social media probably plays a role in this as they can get hundreds of likes, upvotes and whatever by sprouting some shit about how they feel bad because mommy didn't get the latest sweeties for them
>>
File: Lucius_DeBeers_1.png (233KB, 696x644px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius_DeBeers_1.png
233KB, 696x644px
I think it's because young people today live in an age of such great technological sophistication and opportunity stagnation that there is more time for self-reflection now than there ever has been. Most of us have mindless, shitty jobs, and tons of empty time on our hands because it's not taken up by cooking/cleaning/career-building/family shit.

The worst part to me is, the college degrees and thousands of hours we've spent absorbing information on the internet have helped us develop critical thinking skills that we aren't even getting to use in our careers, because the economy is in the toilet and it's an employer's market... So when we're not stuffing ourselves with cheap greasy fast food bullshit and answering customer service calls, we're deeply, thoroughly analyzing ourselves, just continuously pondering how fucked we are.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.