[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you supposed to make friends if the only people who share

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1478013372979.jpg (750KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478013372979.jpg
750KB, 1280x720px
How are you supposed to make friends if the only people who share common interests with you are just as autistic and asocial as you are? How are you supposed to find these people and meet them in a non-awkward way?
>>
>>39318630
You suck it up and do it the awkward way
>>
Hi anon are you doing okay?
>>
File: friends.jpg (101KB, 1200x686px) Image search: [Google]
friends.jpg
101KB, 1200x686px
>>39318630
Your only chance of that is if you became friends when you were very young. After you're about ten years old or so people like us lose the ability to make friends.
>>
I hate how sometimes I feel like I know how to make friends. For online friends all I'd have to do is download an MMO and join a group. Or I could download that Discord thing and join one of the random servers that get posted around here all the time. For real life friends, I could just talk to coworkers. They hang out together, I could just ask to tag along. Or I could go to that Meetup website and join a D&D group or something.

But something keeps me from doing any of that. Any time I consider it, part of me says "no, you can't do that". "No, you're not allowed to do that".
>>
File: Alone.jpg (45KB, 498x540px) Image search: [Google]
Alone.jpg
45KB, 498x540px
>>39318630
You don't.

t. anon with the exact same fucking issue
>>
>>39318630
You have to change yourself. Put yourself in potentially awkward situations and start liking and doing things that normal people do. Get an invite to a party and go and be as social as possible without being too weird. A little weird is ok but if you go full weirdo they won't want to see you again.
>>
>>39319910
The only way I can not be weird is to be quiet. And that defeats the point of socializing.

I am massively shallow in terms of depth. What you see is what you get with me. My only "complexity" comes from mental hangups and illness that no one needs to ever hear about.
>>
Be the change you want to see, you little bitch.
>>
>>39319958
I don't want change. I want life to be easy and come to me naturally like how it is for normalfags. I didn't ask for challenge. I don't like challenge.
>>
>>39319978

You know what you need to do.
Most people are not exactly smart but we know internally how to get what we desire.

The problem is you've conditioned yourself to believe, for whatever reason that you can't.

The fact that you feel dissent is because you understand on some level you can. You realize there's an injustice, an imbalance and you're upset because you're facing dissonance in the wake of this problem.

You know it isn't going away Anon.
You've always known.

You said you don't like challenge? So you want comfort?

Are you really comfortable here? You're just bitching, you're not sitting back, relaxing, chilling - you're doing the opposite. Sitting pensively at your computer, stressing over shit.

And the funny part is you know what must be done to rectify that.

So do it. Because you want to be comfortable. Because you don't give a fuck for life's challenges. Your goal is to eradicate them.
>>
>>39320022
>The problem is you've conditioned yourself to believe, for whatever reason that you can't.
Every social interaction in the last 20 years has indicated to me that I can't.

This is not a simple "I'm introverted and lonely". I have enough social intelligence to know what is correct and what is wrong, but I can't actually do what's correct. I don't have the personality, the life experiences, the nuance, or the ability to improvise and lie.
>>
File: n725075089_288918_2774.jpg (45KB, 533x594px) Image search: [Google]
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg
45KB, 533x594px
>>39319910
>Get an invite to a party
Do what now?
>>
>>39320065

>I don't have the personality
Brains are plastic and susceptible to change.
Brains believe what they're told over time and can be conditioned.

Therefore, if one can condition for A, one can conversely condition for B.

>I don't have the life experiences
Seek them

>The nuance
The what? You don't have the subtle expression for... success? It's not a subtle expression whatsoever. Success is a deliberate action, M.O and disposition that must be conditioned into yourself. It is likely the hardest thing you will ever do actually.

>The ability to improvise and lie
If you don't like to lie then avoid doing things that require you to.

Improvisation and working conversation comes down to experience. Keep working at it.

And please read books on communication and such. Don't fall for the streetwise only meme. Successful men and women at the top have studied charisma, communication and use it in combination with street experience.
>>
>>39320237
>It is likely the hardest thing you will ever do actually
What's the point when it comes naturally to so many? How could I compete? Me at my peak effort would be the same as many others' baseline. There's no point.
>>
>>39320281

>Me at my peak would be the same as many others baseline

This is statistically impossible.
But I'm not your personal coach.

You must let go of your fear of failure.

I'm not talking about simple success. Everything I've said applies to actually doing what YOU want to actually do. Not just having some money - which is the most any privileged person ever has is a simple financial safety net.

By the way, the only person you're seriously competing against is yourself. Most people cannot actually do what they need to do to have the life they want. By working towards it, and I mean actually working towards what you truly want - you're doing ten times better than most of these fucking sheep.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.