[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>depressed during formative years >don't have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1490889573412.png (207KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
1490889573412.png
207KB, 403x433px
>depressed during formative years
>don't have a personality now
>>
File: 1486271966995.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1486271966995.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
just try to embrace your lack of a *personality* as a unique personality trait
>>
>>39317538
but I can't talk to others

the only personality traits I have are "anxious", "boring", "indecisive", and "quiet"
>>
>>39317383
You think a personality is formed at some point and then calcifies into some static thing? It doesn't, people evolve and continuously change. "Formative years" are not that meaningful in this context, you can still develop, as everyone else does. People that stop developing don't have a solid personality either, even though they might have had one earlier.
>>
>>39317572
I'm at literally the most important part of life though

college age determines your entire life trajectory. I wish I was fucking depressed as an old man so I could just die instead of the past decade where I needed to actually learn social competency and develop an interest for something. I'm actually doomed
>>
>>39317604
>college age determines your entire life trajectory.
Citation needed friend. As someone in his late 30s, I can tell you this is a myth. Every part of life has been described to me as the most important. Elementary years are the most formative, the social experiences you have there determine who you are. High school is actually the most important, you form a lasting sense of self though experimentation there that determines who you are forever. No wait, college age is actually the most important, your first truly free years outside control of your parents determine pretty much who you'll be. But actually, being an adult happens after college, your first work-experience, getting a partner, maybe children, that's when the truly important moments happen that form who you are and will be. I'm sure people will tell me this when I'm 40-something. Have you never heard of a mid-life crisis? Talk to someone in their 50s that just got divorced and bought a nice sports car, they'll tell you all about the importance of your decisions in middle age.

Mate, every age is important and irrelevant. Don't fall for the meme of any one of these. That's a great way to lock yourself into a state of permanent anxiety, never daring to make incredibly important life-altering decisions. Because that just leads to further depression.
>>
>>39317662
I just literally can't see myself ever being better

Even if my "depression" was cured tomorrow or whatever, I'd still be a non-person and a loser. I've fucked myself. I'm a level 1 character in a level 50 area and the only option is to die or never do anything
>>
>>39317716
I'm sorry to hear that man. And trust me, I feel you, I had severe depression in my college years. I remember feeling the same way, thinking those same things. It actually got me really close to ending my life, I hope that's not a place you're in.

The only thing I can tell you is that it can get better. Nothing magical happened to me, I just kept living and slowly, over time, things got better. It helped me a lot to do things, even though I detested them at the time. Stupid shit like make a healthy dinner, go for a walk, talk to a friend, take an extra class, talk to a therapist. My natural instinct was to travel inward, do less and spend more time alone. But that just led to me feeling worse. Even tho going out and doing things didn't make me feel any better, it didn't actively make me feel much worse, like staying in did. But it's rough man, I'll give you that.

I hope you'll see one day that your way of thinking now isn't exactly wrong, but it's incredibly simplified and overgeneralized.
>>
>>39317383
>Formative years are 0-3.5 in most psychologist's studies
>Depressed at that age

Not sure about that desu, but I get what you mean about not having a personality. Feelsbadman. We'll all make it one day op c:
>>
>>39318235
>We'll all make it one day
actually OP many many people die alone unfulfilled and unloved
>>
>>39318426
many is a very relative term. Many many people are born with extremely rare birth defects, but that's not really informative. 100.000 people out of 7 billion is a tiny fraction, but still very many. Relatively speaking living a whole life alone, unfulfilled and unloved is very rare.
>>
>>39318696
if you've ended up here, your chances are higher
>>
>>39317383
I didn't develop a personality until my mid 20s :)
I'm 26 now
>>
>>39318748
what do you do for a career
how did you discover that you liked that career or field
how many friends do you have
when did you make them
>>
>>39318707
Why? I'm here, but I'm fulfilled in life right now. I wasn't always, but still made it out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.