[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you robots have any hobbies that are sort of peaceful and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: 20170813_140636.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170813_140636.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Do you robots have any hobbies that are sort of peaceful and calming? Something you can be a little proud of? I can't make my own original drawings but I copied this from Ilya Kuvshinov. Sometimes I make changes to the drawings others have made to fit my taste a little better.
>tfw no cool gf like the girls I draw
>>
I write sketch comedy and short comedy films.
I've never done anything with them. I just write them.
It feels nice to print them out and hold them in my hand.
>>
>>39315165
This reminds me how Hitler would write plays and stuff, but only showed his friends.
>>
I just sort of build stuff.

Feels really pathetic. I want to kms
>>
>>39314649
The proportions are so off. She looks like she has a man body and a roided neck.
>>
>>39315502
Would you give a fuck?
>>
File: 1307581562654.png (125KB, 420x480px) Image search: [Google]
1307581562654.png
125KB, 420x480px
>>39315502
Never said I was good. The main focus was her face. I just imagine maybe the jacket she was wearing was oversized or something. It doesn't bother me that much.
>>
I really enjoy writing tunes for guitar, it's my to-go when I need to relax.
>>
>>39315535
Well it should bother you and you should fix it because why take up a hobby and not be good at it? This is why you're a sad sack of human garbage: you give up too easily on anything and everything and decide that any mediocre effort is "just good enough". Maybe it's the soft-hearted weak willed single mother of yours who secretly prays that her worthless son would somehow wake up one day ready to conquer the world and make something of himself to compensate for her mistakes like giving birth to you, or maybe it's just the lack of drive within your sad NEET soul but whatever it is it now makes you accept mediocrity in the face of adversity. Honestly, how can you even live with yourself?
>>
File: 1466329524158.jpg (48KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
1466329524158.jpg
48KB, 800x522px
>>39315593
jesus fucking christ please stop.
>>
>>39315475
That hurts me but mainly because I understand exactly what you mean.
But I only show my things to /r9k/ because you are my friends.
Hitler probably wouldn't approve of my shenanigans though.
http://docdro.id/vrLKQ1h
>>
>>39315593
>why take up a hobby and not be good at it?
Because Rome wasn't built in a day.
>>
File: 1485634441665.png (2MB, 720x2127px) Image search: [Google]
1485634441665.png
2MB, 720x2127px
>>39314649
vidya is a huge time sink for me just as escapism
but with the current change in videogames i dont think for very long

i have a pot of plants that i keep alive which sounds dumb to say its a hobby of mine but that these fuckers started is a funny thing so i take good care of them
other then that i read a lot of stuff for work because I want to be good at what i do and its another time sink for me without it i would be fucking depressed

wanted to get into drawing and got those recommended books for it and a wacom tablet so i think ill try that next as my "thing"
>>
>>39315756
Agreed. Don't let the zeitgeist cynicism of this board bog you down OP. Keep at it.
>>
>>39315984
Nice shading on the hair btw.
>>
pls dont die on me thread
im bored of all these >tfw no gf and cuck/blacked shit
>>
>>39315486
what kind of stuff do you build?
>>
>>39316228
Trying to build a radio. I'd like to make these, some day
https://www.mysecretwood.com/

I also do minor home improvements on a monthly basis. That's about it.
>>
File: 3 - LsYVf8P.jpg (609KB, 1692x3008px) Image search: [Google]
3 - LsYVf8P.jpg
609KB, 1692x3008px
>>39314649
I paint miniatures. It's pretty fun but time consuming and you need a really steady hand.

My writing is also calming, but when I do animation I'm not calm at all.
>>
I like to 3d print stuff and make Gundam models occasionally. I need to get back the motivation to start/finish my projects.
>>
>>39316249

Get out chaos fag. Only imperials can be robots.

t. The Emperor
>>
>>39316323
>>39316249
cute friendship
>>
>>39316245
those are cool shit but even pretty ordinary shit can be really pretty amazing if you build them well

i was at an art gallery once filled with a bunch of "young artists" trying really hard to be unique and expressive, ended up nearly crying staring at some coasters and a wine bottle holder that someone was exhibiting for like 10 minutes until the event photographer started taking pictures of me. they weren't even really fancy coasters, just really well-built and there was something really peaceful about thinking of someone taking the time to make them

i dunno, sometimes wish i could build stuff, but i have shit coordination and spatial awareness so i can't really do it. not pathetic at all
>>
>>39316350
>i dunno, sometimes wish i could build stuff, but i have shit coordination and spatial awareness so i can't really do it.

I was exposed to a terratogen in the womb, some meds used to avoid premature birth.

Outlawed in the west 10 years before I was born, these meds cause poor motor control.

I didn't accept that, and struggled for years to do anything with my hands.

Now I have the coordination of a run of the mill normie, Now I think in terms of touch and motion.

You really can overcome quite a bit. Brain is remarkably plastic, and capable of learning.

Building stuff is more about creativity anyway. That, and perserverence
>>
I played acoustic guitar because it was calming. I haven't played in a while though. Recently I've taken an interest in photography so I've been doing a lot of that lately.
>>
>>39314649
World building. It all started from a thread here many many moons ago asking what I would do to make the world a better place if I were God. My answer is along the lines of creating many humans that I can control directly, so they set a good example for others, and building a mega-conglomerate that will advance humanity technologically.

136 pages of typing and 67 images later, I have briefly listed many things I would do, from products produced at my mega-company, whose motto is "From cradle to grave" to the policies/behaviour of the politicians/celebrities/businessmen I control. I even have descriptions of some popular games my company's entertainment division created (I bought Sony as my electronic entertainment arm) and even, just to satisfy GRRM, the tax policies of the few governments I control (some of the poorest countries, none of the G20).

Basically, I try to improve humanity as naturally as possible because of a bunch of self-imposed rules, apart from a few minor changes to natural law. I find it incredibly relaxing because, in this world at least, things are going my way.
>>
File: IMG_20170826_131625.jpg (181KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170826_131625.jpg
181KB, 960x540px
I draw in my spare time, but I lost almost all interest in gitting gud, like I did before. I remember getting up in the morning, drawing, then eating, then getting back to drawing, then eating, then drawing and then going to sleep. It was one hell of a drug and it really calmed me down.
>>
I meditate and practice divination/scrying.

I also write really horrible poetry and short stories.
>>
>>39314649
Various stuff. I have a "workshop" (really just a workbench with some tools and the like in a room) and bought stuff to get into metalworking. I already have some experience with aluminum but I hope to go beyond that.
>>
i play fallout 24/7, its the only drug that calms me
>>
I don't manage to neither start nor stick to anything
>>
File: 20170821_213711.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170821_213711.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Electronics. Hobby electronics, repair, prototyping, hacking.

Yesterday I repaired a LCD monitor that I had laying around and had a broken power supply.

The repair was really simple, just a replacement of few electrolytic capacitors.

At least I had a chance to put in use the tools that I have bought and justify that purchase. And also try the shitty soldering station that cost like 30 bucks.

Pic related, innards of said monitor.

Main motivation is to remind myself that I am not that much of a useless failure.

>>39316245
Radio is way cooler than the link.
>>
>he can draw
I hate you so much OP
>>
>>39317965
amigo, seems pretty cool, how do i get into that? i got no idea
>>
>>39318198
Usually >>>/diy/ has more resources on that.

But if you start from zero, watching educational videos on youtube is a good start. Buying some books on theory is second part.

There are far better resources on the internet for getting into electronics. Just googling beginner electronics will give you loads of resources.

Going through a beginner program might give you a good idea about what it is about. The basics of circuits, reading circuits and understanding what is going on.

After that you can look into more specific area of your interest, be it power electronics, microcontrollers and microprocessors and computers, audio, radio and so on.

It takes a loads of time though, but usually learning how the electronics that you find in dumpsters work is also one unorthodox way to learn.

Also try fixing simple electronics appliances, but before that study electronics safety, especially with 120 VAC or 230 VAC stuff.
>>
>>39314649
>Ilya Kuvshinov
if it makes you feel any better, he can't draw either and also copies everything.
>>
yeah i can also draw, but similarly to you i'm way better at copying other drawings than making my own.

Don't draw enough nowadays, i'd need to warm up a bit to get back on the level i was on a few years ago
>>
>>39315593
Why are you this triggered?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.