[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >At Uni event by myself in hopes of making friends

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5260.jpg (20KB, 229x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5260.jpg
20KB, 229x200px
>Be me
>At Uni event by myself in hopes of making friends
>Watching Guardians of the Galaxy in the football stadium
>Sitting by myself waiting for the film to start
>Girl a row down from me is sitting by herself
>Group of roasties go up to her and ask if she wants to sit with them
>I'm ignored

Fuck this world.
>>
>>39309551
why didn't you move down the row when you saw here?
This is literately your fault, don't blame it on the other girls, faggot
>>
>>39309551
Try introducing yourself to people next time. Even if they're in a group, at their core, they're still a person who doesn't know how to process all the information of an event. Maybe they think you're alone because you're an undercover officer or something; they don't know. There are people at university, both freshman and older, who are there for the first few months trying to reinvent themselves and meet interesting people who they would be open to being friends with. You need to go capitalize on them being open, you can't expect them to always open themselves up to you.

Go there, enjoy yourself, but, at some point, you should take responsibility for what you desire and engage another human in conversation. You might even have sex
>>
File: 1488292797133.png (10KB, 335x293px) Image search: [Google]
1488292797133.png
10KB, 335x293px
>Come back home after out of state trip for teaching
>Nothing in fridge to eat
>Free dinner/pub crawl sponsored by grad student council
>Go there for free food
>Try to introduce myself to first few people I meet
>"Uhhh, I'm actually this girl's brother"
>"Yeah, no"
>Stand by myself and eat chicken wings
Fucking shit these people weren't even that interesting but they acted like I wasn't worth their time.
>>
>>39310031
Fuck society in general.
>>
>>39309551
I know this feel anon. I hated welcome week so much. I expected to make friends, yet I was let down. It's okay though buddy. You can do this and finish uni. Are you a freshman?
>>
>>39310466
Transfer student. I'm a 23 year old Junior.

I don't even know why I fucking tried. I can't relate to these kids.
>>
File: 7nhd3Z5.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
7nhd3Z5.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>39309551
>Going to any Uni event ever
>>
>>39310486
>>39310466
I wish I had a welcome week at me uni. I transferred in from community college as a junior too and everyone is always too busy with their own stuff to talk to me even when I approach people and make an effort
>>
>>39310486
No shit. I'm a transfer this term too actually. This is my second time transferring. I had a mental break down at my last school that I was at for only 1 semester. I'm a 21 year old junior. It's only 2 more years anon, and you'll be out on your own.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.