[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fell for the "you'll make friends in college" line

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: shinji.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>fell for the "you'll make friends in college" line
>>
File: 1444235889585.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1444235889585.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>39301018

>fell for the "it gets better" mem
>>
Is it community college?
then no. Everyone there is just taking the required classes before moving on to a better college or they are there because they have no real goal and still deciding on a major.

Do you have a major and you're attending a university and you have some ideas of what you want to do once you graduate?
then yes since classes are smaller and everyone there is passionate about their major and are happy to be surrounded with others who have the same passion. You will also be doing group projects together so as long as you're doing good in school you should at least be able to make one friend.
>>
>>39301085
I'm attending a university but I'm undeclared because I'm a depressed loser
>>
File: dad.jpg (22KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
dad.jpg
22KB, 612x408px
>"Don't worry about being alone at recess! You make all your real friends in highschool champ."
>"It's ok you don't like clubs or anything buddy, I made all my true friends in college."

24 years old and chronically alone
>>
what do I do if I find no friends at uni?
its not that I need friends, I just don't want to be that one guy in class who everybody looks down upon
>>
File: grouphug.gif (1KB, 41x25px) Image search: [Google]
grouphug.gif
1KB, 41x25px
>>39301191
>>39301191
try to at least make friendly small talk even if it kills you inside

don't be that autist that runs out of the room as soon as class is over. if you're early and there are other people in the room, say good morning/afternoon/whatever. most people aren't going to bite your head off and small talk is better than nothing so you don't seem like an unapproachable leper and maybe you'll meet someone who you have just enough in common with to talk to. those are all things I wish I did and saw other people doing.
>>
>>39301085
>and everyone there is passionate about their major and are happy to be surrounded with others who have the same passion. You will also be doing group projects together so as long as you're doing good in school you should at least be able to make one friend.
h-haha
>>
lmao i never talk to my highschool friends. the only friends i hang out with are from college.

it's literally the easiest time to make friends
>>
>>39301263
>walk into class
>say good morning out of the blue sky
>everyone looks at you
>"do we know you?"
>>
>>39301085
I hope you're right, anon. Community college sucked becaaue EVERY group project i was a part of or every lab group was filled with chads/Stacys who either didnt show up or flat out refused to do the work and it was so goddamn infuriating. Never have i met more apathetic people in my life and thats saying a lot from somebody who went to public school in America.
>>
File: 1462322586519.png (744KB, 830x886px) Image search: [Google]
1462322586519.png
744KB, 830x886px
I've been at school for one week and I have not talked to a single other person.

I am so fucked. I don't even have a roommate. I'm in a suite of 4 but my roommate never showed so the other room of 2 guys seem almost bothered by my presence. I barely go to the dining hall because I don't like eating alone in public.
>>
I used to be a social outcast, until I learned to 'be myself'. I know it's overused as shit, but what I mean is don't force yourself to talk to people and don't be embarrassed doing so. People love to talk. People love to communicate. Just try to ask them around and try to see if you share something similar with them, like an interest or hobby. If you have decided on a major then talking to people about your major or schoolwork would be a good way to kick off a conversation.
>>
Make friends in college.
Get job beside friends in college
not friends with friends from college anymore even though we still work together. fuck mates lad.
>>
>>39301018
I made a friend online who just happened to go to the same college as me. Pretty cool if you ask me.
>>
>>39301085
Hey man, some of us just did shitty in highschool and wanted the gpa boost, gen Ed courses transfer also. Waaay cheaper and easier
>>
>>39301363
I don't have a major and I don't have anything in common with others. I'm a very shallow person and I cannot shake the very real feeling that my presence is annoying to others.
>>
here's how i made friends

>at school bored as shit
>walking down hall
>guys with door open playing video games
>walk in ask what they're playing
>hang out
>good friends years later

all it takes is that initial step.
>>
>>39301343
HAHA I AM IN THE EXACT SAME SITUATION
>not eating alone in public
i already ate alone thrice, otherwise i'd starve. How do you even survive mate?
>>
>>39301363
i used to be a beta bitch then i started just talking to people the way i want to.
if i don't want to laugh at your gay joke, i don't. if i don't want you in my face, i tell you. if i think something is funny, i laugh, if it isn't, i don't laugh. if you piss me off, i let you know, if i did something bad, i apologize. if you ask for something and i don't want to give it to you, i say no, if i like you, i say yes.

a lot of it is being afraid of the outcomes of things and getting over it.
but for me, i'm not a nice person, conversation wise. my humor is dry and terse and i'm very cut-to-the-chase and i also find a lot of humor in fucking with people.
i'm a horrible opener with women. my version of an opener is making fun of them or laughing at them, it's the only way i can derive pleasure out of interacting with them.
>>
>>39301399
Any interest you have? What do you do in your spare time? Anime? Video games? Whatever?
>>
>>39301440
It is how you are, so best not to pretend. It's way harder to make friends using a facade and even if you do, the relationship will always be awkward and never last long. Some peoplw might see you as a rude person, but others will see you as a straightforward guy. Those other people exist, and those make the best friends.
>>
>>39301141
you wont make lasting friends at uni any way since everyone moves off back to where they came from when it finishes.
>>
>>39301417
I brought a box of granola bars and a case of water with me to school, I've been eating that
>>
>>39301520
does it make you feel full enough to last through all of your classes? When do you start feeling hungry?
>>
>>39301592
If I'm not in class or studying, I'm sleeping. So I've been feeling alright. I go for walks very early in the morning sometimes.
>>
>>39301329
well don't just say it to nobody like fucking mr. Rodgers or some shit. if someone makes eye contact just wave and "mornin" is enough. if they snub you for that they're probably an asshole anyway.
>>
File: 1487017802050s.jpg (2KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1487017802050s.jpg
2KB, 125x100px
>>39301018
I actually am in class right now and I get what that feels like, shit can suck if you let it or you can embrace the robot inside you like I have
>>
>>39301018
imo its all your fault
at college you get the opportunity to clean on your plate. Essentially a new identity altogether yet you fucked up. You had the chance to stop acting autistic but you squandered it, and now you are crying on 4chan like a little faggot
>>
>>39301980
You can't just stop dude

If you could stop I would have years ago

They don't know me but they'll figure it out
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.