[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to learn not to love? It's hard for me to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: memes.png (602KB, 1023x498px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
602KB, 1023x498px
Is it possible to learn not to love? It's hard for me to ignore attractive people, even if it's just by their voice alone and it causes too many distractions. Can I unlearn it?
>>
You have to discard the thought the moment you become aware of it.
>>
>>39287896
Clearly it's not love if you're basing it entirely on how attractive they are. Just chemically castrate yourself and you won't "love" anymore because you won't lust after people like a horny dog.
>>
>>39287988
It is love. What happens is that we see someone attractive and we start projecting favorable characteristics onto that person. When we see someone beautiful, we have idealized view of them.
>>
>>39288098
Love can exist without testosterone. Lust tends to fizzle out without it.
>>
>>39288098
Yes, but is there a way to rewire our brains to not do that? I fall in love with people too easily but whenever I try to act on that desire, I fail miserably
>>
>>39288199
You have to realize that it isn't real. You see those happy couples? Neither of them really love the other person, they love how the other person makes them feel. When the feeling wears off for whatever reason, their 'love' is gone. They never knew each other, they only knew the idealized images which they themselves created.
>>
>>39288255
Interesting point. This basically means that all women are interchangeable since love has nothing to do with them and everything to do with how your brain constructs a favorable image of them. Any woman with an attractiveness and personality above a given threshold can be warped into an angel by your mind.

>>39287896
I have found that small doses of Kratom (2-3 g for me) can be effective in killing these "lovesick/yearning" feelings. It's very inexpensive, but be careful because its highly addictive.
>>
>>39288199
Go jack off and women seems a lot more real.
>>
>>39288650
Female mannerisms in particular are about being mysterious so the man can project whatever he fancies onto her. Sometimes the illusion is broken, though, and what you thought was an angel appears before you in its real form.
>>
>>39287921
This is probably correct, but its so difficult and at this point I'm already addicted to the feelings and have no way to control them (except through use of drugs).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.