[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fitness/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: 1477774807498.jpg (85KB, 759x712px) Image search: [Google]
1477774807498.jpg
85KB, 759x712px
Any questions will be answered by OP and other "fitness experts"

>a beginners guide to health and fitness
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>a calculator to see how many calories you need to diet
http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

>apps to easily track your calories
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
http://loseit.com/

>what program/s should I use to start lifting weights?
http://routineexcellence.com/choosing-from-5-popular-beginner-lifting-programs/

>cool app to track your progress
https://symmetricstrength.com/
We're all gonna make it brahs.
>>
>>39269289
How do I become fit if I can't go to the gym and can't afford home equipment? Are there household objects I can use to lift?
>>
>>39269423
>get $10
>go to home depot
>buy 100 pounds of sand
>do a bodyweight routine
>when the exercises get too easy do harder variations of them (pushups to diamond pushups etc.)
>when those get too easy weight them with the sand (put it in backpacks etc)
>eat enough food/protein
>>
>>39269423
I used to get a suitcase and put some heavy cans in it and bench press that.

You can do other things, like straddling yourself between two chairs and doing dips on that.

You can do pushups, planks, you can do pullups if you buy a cheap $20 bar for it.

You could go outside and jog while it's still nice.

Whatever it is, the more you sweat and the more it burns (in a good way), the better off you are.

Good luck anon.
>>
If you're not lifting, youre not allowed to complain about women.
>>
you know there is a board just for this right?
>>
>>39269423
Eh, you can still get some decent results by doing shit without weights simply progressing through different variations. You can put together some bootleg weighted pullups and dips, progress to 1 leg squats and add some weight, progress to 1handed pushups, do some 30 seconds work, 60 seconds rest sprints for 8 rounds every other day and run 5 km every other morning. For abs you hardly even need any weight in the first place. So yeah, here is some shit you can do, for the time being.
Get yourself a good place to workout in ASAP.
>>
File: 1502970867710.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502970867710.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
>>39269772
/r9k/ has no topic. Little nay sayer.
>>
>>39269533
Thanks. Can you explain how to do a bodyweight routine with the sand and how to carry the bag?
>>39269555
Thanks anon. Sorry for being a brainlet but what's dipping and straddling?
>>39269809
Thanks man
>>
>>39269852
you just need to come up with ways to strap the sand to your body. You can line a sturdy packpack with a trashbag(so it doesnt get everywhere) and fill it with sand. You can also fill 1 gallon jugs with the sand and run a sturdy belt through the handle holes in the jugs. For example when doing pullups to add weight you would put on the belt with 3 jugs of the sand attached to it and it would add about 40 pounds to your bodyweight.
>>
Im 5'9 160 lbs. I need to drop to 151 lbs for boxing. Im doing cardio every single day to strenghten my conditioning. My ideal body would be something like floyd mayweather. My question how do i go from skinny fat anon to lean muscle anon. What should my macros look like and what food recommendations can you make.

Thanks brotha
>>
>>39269943
Your macros should be proteins, good fats (and a little saturated is FINE), and hardly any carbs except before and after workouts.

You want to keep your glycogen (energy) stores fairly depleted so your body is constantly burning fat.

And never give in, those last few bf percentages will be an absolute bitch to get rid of it and it'll probably be really hard with the hunger pains, just work through it.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>39269289
this is literally a fucking board for this
>>
File: 1503361611117.jpg (141KB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
1503361611117.jpg
141KB, 750x740px
>>39270103
/r9k/ has no topic, thin wrist.
>>
File: fit.png (195KB, 961x576px) Image search: [Google]
fit.png
195KB, 961x576px
>>39270103
that explains it all
>>
>>39270103
>Some one starting a thread about starting fitness
>Not a single reference about intermediate lifting
>The use of "fitness experts"
This is here for a reason
>>
File: 12393219509125.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
12393219509125.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>39270172

you got me

orignaila
>>
>>39269289
If I'm too riddled with anxiety to go to a gym and lift, should I even bother?
>>
>>39270293
you will see actual serious results from >>39269533
if you do it with the right nutrition
>>
>>39270293
Yes, you should. Lifting weights is the most straightforward and effective way to get stronger.
>>
>>39270329
If you're going to tell me to lift, the very least you can do is also tell me how to cope with general anxiety disorder, my dude.
>>
so is it true that going to the gym 3 times a week only is better than going 6 times a week?
>>
>>39270426
Yes, unless you take steroids your muscles need extra time to recover. The only people who propagate working out six days a week are steroid users who can recoer.

>>39270391
You have to force yourself to get in there, I struggled with this when I started too, but you need to realize nobody there gives a shit about you, and will never give a shit about you until you prove yourself.
>>
How do i get the "spider-man" type of body?
>>
>>39270621
Well, until I work up the courage, do you know of any good body weight routines to build up said confidence?
>>
>>39270766
Eat less, do calisthenics.
Do that until you are very low bodyfat
>>
File: Capture.jpg (52KB, 717x514px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
52KB, 717x514px
>>39269423
If you have textbooks or lenghty novels, put an assload of them into a medium sized backpack, you can hit 25 lbs faster than you think. Weight yourself on a scale, fill up the backpack and put it on, weigh yourself again, and subtract the latter from the former to determine an exact weight if you care to.

>>39270924
Here, you can do this basic one anywhere by yourself if you have anxiety. I honestly only do calisthenics and isometrics at home myself, I don't want to pay for a membership and they're giant square petri dishes.

The Door Handle rows are in the figure to the right, you just want to pull yourself up towards the door handle. On the negative, let yourself backwards slowly.

Work out 4 days a week, make sure you rest somewhat on the off days. First 4 weeks is building up Endurance, set a timer for 10 minutes. Do the first exercise of that day once for x seconds, then rest for x seconds. Then do it 2 times for y seconds, and rest for y seconds. Then do it 3 times for z seconds, etc, repeat n times until the timer goes off or muscle failure (also, if you ever feel pain, don't push yourself). Repeat for all 4 exercises (4x10, 40 minutes total)

Second 4 weeks is strength, Set a timer for 3 minutes. Try to bust out 10 to 20 in a row (set a limit depending on strength) for the first exercise with good form at medium speed. Once you're done, rest until the timer goes off. Repeat 3 times, move on to the next exercise. (3x3x4, 36 minutes total).

To make them harder, put weight in the backpack while doing the lunges, squats, push ups, etc. If you get through both months and think it's for you, I'd suggest looking into a legit bodyweight program/book. There are huge numbers of exercises you can do at home, you just need beginning strength and some props.
>>
>>39271216
Really? That's the type of body? Low fat but strong? Explain me more if you like please anon
>>
>>39270621
>Implying natties cant do ppl
YOU FUCK.
If you want to "convert" 4chan to become more fit, fucking give them sound advice you huge mong.

>>39270426
Anon, there is this thing called ppl, it means push pull legs, its not a program per se, but a method, you go to the gym 6 times a week and hit every muscle group twice.
This has been shown to be the better method for traing if you are a natural.
Reason being you get to elevate protein synthesis more often in each muscle group.

Please do not listen to the dude who says 6 times are for sterons, i have been doing ppl for the past year, great gains, no steroids
>>
>>39270924

Push ups, 3x5, add 1-2 reps each workout until failure
Sit ups, 3x5, add 1-2 reps each workout until failure
Lying down scissor kicks, 3x10, add 3-5 each workout

lying down bicycle, 3x15, add 5-10 each workout

It's very simple, but should cover a good amount of what you need to do, any exercises you are unfamiliar with is very easy to find and research on google.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>39271269
Not strong, just "toned", defined, muscles show but you are still very slim.
To get strong you have to implement some form of progressive overload, which is very hard only doing bodyweigt movements
>>
>>39271269
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc1aSMuXDMQ

Here's a 10 year old gif source for you
>>
>>39271277

But you ignore the fact that you could be making far better gains on a 3 days a week program like Starting Strength.

Working six days a week is good, if you have the time AND motivation/discipline, but you get dimishing returns, and unless you have a large diet to support it you will be wasting away your muscles as they have little time to recover and are continually broken down.

You destroy your muscle fibers when you workout, which signals your body to grow them bigger and stronger, if you do not have adequate rest you will continually destroy them. You may still gain but it will be sub optimal to what it could be.
>>
>>39271288
So...lose weight and calisthenics exercises? Plus some cardio perhaps?
>>
I think deadlifts and crunches / ab exercises in general are fucking with my bladder
>>
>>39271604
Your bladder is fucking with your deadlifts and ab exercises in general
>>
>>39271277
>This has been shown to be the better method for traing if you are a natural.
[Citation needed]
>>
File: 1480931063683.jpg (127KB, 843x604px) Image search: [Google]
1480931063683.jpg
127KB, 843x604px
>>39271614
yeah probably but I think exercises in that region of the body are doing something to my bladder that's making me need to urinate more frequently and urgently than I used to need to go

I haven't gotten a full night sleep in over a year without waking up to piss 1-3 times even if I don't drink anything liquids for 3-4+ hours before going to sleep
>>
>>39271646
I mean although I doubt that it is, it may or may not be correlated with the exercises.

Not to sound cliche, but I would consult with a physician/urologist if you want sound medical advice
>>
File: 1498679370849.jpg (28KB, 495x496px) Image search: [Google]
1498679370849.jpg
28KB, 495x496px
>>39271743
>ameriburger
>no health insurance

I was hoping someone else here might have had similar troubles, I'd see a doc if I could
>>
>>39270621
>The only people who propagate working out six days a week are steroid users who can recoer.

or if you split it up into manageable workouts

on a cut and working out 5 times a week
>>
>>39271646
maybe ur drinkin more water fucktart
>>
>>39269289
I'll bite.

As of right now, I bike 5.6 miles 4 days a week. I also do a schedule of the following 3 days a week (I can't really change this because I work 4 days a week, and that's when I bike, to get to work where I work as a cart pusher)

3 sets of
15 jumping jacks
15 push ups
15 overhead dumbbell presses (20 pound weights)
30 second plank
15 bicep curls (20 pound weights)
30 seconds of holding a crunch (rather than going up and down with a crunch. I'm trying to build up to sit ups)
15 butterflies (10 pound weights)
15 tricep exercises (I alternate between doing pushups with my hands close together and using a 10 pound weight)

I'm obviously trying to slowly improve and all that, but is there more I should be doing?

I've recently-ish (although not anymore, since I've been 175-180 for the past 4 months) lost 50 pounds, and then I decided to start exercising. I don't really think I can lose more weight than I have, and I don't plan to, I plan on replacing the remaining fat with muscle.

Anyways, just hoping to get a second opinion on this. I think it's fine, but idk.

>>39271979
This, it's all about not straining your body too much. You want to strain it little by little, not quite enough that you hurt yourself, but enough that your body has to compensate.
>>
This is not /fit/. Go away.
>>
>>39272194
By "not anymore", I mean it's not recent anymore. I used to weigh 230, lost the weight through cutting shit out of my diet, now I'm at 180.
>>
>>39272194
>I'm trying to build up to sit ups
How weak do you fucking need to need to build up to sit ups, lmao.
>>
Lat pulldowns always hurt my delicate hands if i go heavy. I should get some gloves. Anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>39269289
>tfw gym I used to go (quit for this reason) has shitty free-weight equipment
Is it really too much to ask for a gym to have more than 2 fucking benches, more than ONE fucking power rack, 20kg/45lbs plates and bars in good conditions? Sure the gym has plenty, literally filled up with fancy beautiful machines but come the fuck on
>>
>>39272269

don't forget your purse :^)
>>
Wristlet here how do I make my wrists bigger without weights or equipment heard push ups with fist does good work
>>
>>39272194

Less volume, more weight on the overhead press

Biking will be good for toning and strengthening your muscles, but I'd recommend squats if you want better leg growth, squats also have the effect of increasing testosterone quite a bit.

>>39272194

>This, it's all about not straining your body too much. You want to strain it little by little, not quite enough that you hurt yourself, but enough that your body has to compensate.

Low intensity and short intervals will invite hypertrophy, when what you want is atrophy and regrowth. Hypertrophy will tone your muscles, but is useless for much else.

High intensity is always preferable, not only does it increase discipline and endurance, but it allows you to take the time off and REST.

REST REST REST, I cannot stress this enough.
>>
>>39272328
Fat gain and free weights. You will never do it without free weights. Any exercise that implies grabbing a bar implies using a strong grip which works your forearms.
These dyels that can't even afford a gym and are affraid of heavy weights make me sick. They want to achieve everything the easy way doing just a bunch of push ups. It doesnt work that way
>>
>>39272267
I can do sit ups, just not very well and I tire myself out far too much doing it. I'd rather actually build muscle.

Even if it were the case that my abs were jelly (given the push ups and the planks, that's clearly not the case) everyone starts somewhere. Cuck.

>>39272341
Fair enough. Although, I feel like that would create more muscle mass rather than tone muscle. What I want is toned muscle more than more muscle, because I'm going for strength so I can join the Navy.

Rest is absolutely key, so is proper hydration. I try to drink around a gallon of water on days that I bike, and around half a gallon on days that I don't.

>>39272328
It would work as long as you keep at it and don't stop doing so.

But wrist strength isn't everything.
>>
>>39269289
I am 28, have been sitting on my ass for many years and i feel like i have started developing some health issues, sometimes i feel weak and like i'm gonna get a heart attack. My blood pressure seems stable though. Could this be because i sit all day? How can a weak man like me start to get into shape if that's the problem?
>>
>>39272620
OP here, I used to feel like this for months until I realized I don't want to die in my early 20s.

It may seem hard but I think you need to get on the starters programs as I stated in the OP and do them, repeatedly, until you form a habit.

For cardiovascular health I would also recommend starting your work out with a light walk on the treadmill. Not only is this good for your health, but it burns calories, and relaxes your joints to prevent injury.

But I cannot rest without telling you this, what truly matters is your diet and nutrition, it is both your diet and your nutrition coupled with exercise that will lead to you improving your health.

I would write more but I'm going to bed at the moment.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>39272722
thanks, if the thread is still up when you wakey please write more, i am trying to eat better too but i have no fucking idea what i am doing
>>
File: LM0TMxl.png (246KB, 1136x717px) Image search: [Google]
LM0TMxl.png
246KB, 1136x717px
>>39272341

>tone muscle
>>
>>39269423
just do calisthenics origo
>>
>>39270621
I run 30 min on the elliptical every weekday. If I start lifting 3 days a week would it still be fine to run every day?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.