[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good robot novels? I've already read Notes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 1503256277960.jpg (75KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503256277960.jpg
75KB, 960x960px
What are some good robot novels? I've already read Notes from underground, naked lunch, stoic philosophy, heart of darkness, and many others. Throw some suggestions my way
>>
>>39249404
Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell

great book for fellow r0b0ts
>>
The Temple of the Golden Pavillion, great book, the protagonist is a depressed stutterer who is treated like trash by normies.
>>
>>39249423
got a link for that there book?
>>
Hunger. Written by Knut Hamsun
>>
>>39249404
no longer human might be a good pick despite the protag not being a full robot.
>>
>>39249478
I've actually seen this suggested in other threads. Sounds like a good choice. May have to get a used copy or a pdf
>>
I'd say Catcher in the Rye, but you're probably already read this.

Another one was suggested by another anon on here. Try Fritz Zorn's Mars. I actually bought the book just from the quotes he posted. I wanted to make a thread talking about it and thanking that anon for suggesting it, but I haven't finished reading it yet.
From the first page you'll see 200% this poor dude would have been right at home here.
>>
File: IMG_0862.jpg (23KB, 192x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0862.jpg
23KB, 192x320px
>>39249404
There's always this

Original
>>
File: 1501404589233.jpg (26KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
1501404589233.jpg
26KB, 680x447px
>>39249423
>>39249427
>>39249451
>>39249499
>>39249541
Thanks for the suggestions pals
>>
>>39249558
I've actually read this already but thank you
>>
>>39249423
Definitely this. My favorite novel. Has the Starlight one come out yet?

Have you read No Longer Human or Confederacy of Dunces?
>>
>>39249423
>>39249580
Ah. My little pony. Thanks a lot...
>>
File: IMG_0823.jpg (162KB, 833x1274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0823.jpg
162KB, 833x1274px
>>39249593
What about pic related?

Not necessarily a robot, but he said things that were very reminiscent of robot problems and even disginuished himself from "normies" (his words) who never had to deal with drug addiction.
>>
>>39249695
I have a very personal hatred for the RHCP and especially the smug face of Anthony keidis
>>
>>39249899
Oh fuggo, why?

I always thought Anthony was a prick too even as a rhcp expert, but reading the book made me see that he had it pretty rough but always managed to get back to his routine. He's also a lucky bastard.
>>
Steppenwolf jhvhjj
>>
>>39249943
Their "do drugs, be 'different'" attitude sickens me. My friend who is a die-hard fan of theirs destroyed her mental health and flooded herself with drugs, with RHCP as a sound track (basically) throughout high school. I watched her deteriorate. I mean...I'm sure the members of the band are fine and all but I have a personal dislike for them for the reason above
>>
nausea is true roboticism
>>
>>39249956
I've read this one. It was very good but thanks for the suggestion.
My favorite part was when he is in the magic theater and is in a war/apocalypse situation with his friend, just mindlessly killing drivers
>>
a brief history of decay

em cioran
>>
>>39249404
Idk if you like scifi but I love it.

>the expanse series (a bit pc but still a good read)
>spin axis vortex by robert charles wilson
>>
File: LouisFerdinandCeline.jpg (75KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
LouisFerdinandCeline.jpg
75KB, 630x400px
>Tfw the only people I can relate to are dead authors.

I would recommend Fernando Pessoa's "The Book of Disquiet" and Louis-Ferdinand Celine's "Journey to the End of the Night."
>>
>>39249981
I gave this one a try but found it to be too dry, believe it or not. Maybe I'll pick it up again but it just wasn't for me. I HAVE read some of sartres plays though like "no exit"
>>
File: 2855.jpg (25KB, 302x475px) Image search: [Google]
2855.jpg
25KB, 302x475px
>>39249998

pic related to the book
>>
>>39250000
I don't really enjoy Sci fi except for Philip k dick but I'll check out your suggestions thanks
>>
>>39249977
Hmm. well they never advocated drug use and even from the inception of rhcp, anthony told the audience never to do drugs and end up like him. they released several songs being anti-drug use all throughout the bands lifetime, ofc all coming from Anthony's pov cause he writes the lyrics.

As for the whole be different thing, yea they are pretty wacky and unique, and a lot of that is honestly due to drugs, but like mentioned they never boasted drug use; I don't think they ever said cocaine, heroin, or any drug outright in any of their songs.

If you dig deep enough though, you will find advocation but not from the band specifically. There was John frusciante, guitarist, but he did it to support loserdom. I can see people getting themselves fucked over that... it almost got me tbqh
>>
>>39250119
Yeah see that's what I'm talking about, loserdom. This idea that having no direction and just living to fuck, get high, and listen to music is the way to live. And I wont believe that the band was so innocent that they didn't know their entire audience was smoking weed and other shit, and that their music was feel-good (aka drug) music. They knew what they were doing. You said you almost got fucked over. Well, my friend and other people I know did. And I don't BLAME rhcp, but I know that in a (maybe small) way their music contributed to my friend's utter degeneration, and the death of her friend (someone I really didn't know well but whose death shattered my friends psyche even more)
>>
>>39250021
Same.

Also same for Stoner, which gets recommended a lot. I read it all, but it was fairly dull, which I guess is the point but doesn't make for good reading.
>>
>>39250179
If it's about loserdom, then John is the victim. Tbqh, I love the guy. Someone has to be THAT guy and he is that guy and he does it with finesse. He's a musical genius and makes music for the sake of it, no coporate shit whatsoever so much so that he left the band just because he couldn't handle not being a loser, it's in his nature. I wouldn't blame John either, he was just doing his thing and people just gravitated toward it. But he also survived too and became a healthier person now that he got that out of his system.

Man, I don't know how it feels having a friend go through that because I am that friend and I don't really care about anyone but myself and I have no direction at all and it was like John was solving the robot theory. Shit, I hope the best for your friend.
>>
The Great Gatsby is a really good robot-tier book.
>>
>>39249404
Try David Foster Wallace-start with essays, then read Infinite Jest
>>
The tree of knowledge, by Baroja
La sombra del cipres es alargada, by Delibes
>>
Dunno why Houellebecq hasnt been posted yet when he's essential robot-core. Most of the other essential ones have already been mentioned. I guess Leopardi, Ligotti and Lovecraft are also good too for this sort of thing. Read a biography of Hitler as well, the new one by RHS Stolfi is very good. No matter what your political beliefs as a person he definitely would have fit in here.
>>
Oh yeah, and Pessoa' s Book of Disquiet is essential as well. That's all I can think of for now.
>>
>>39252045
I couldn't get into Book of Disquiet. There's no plot its jsut boring rambling.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.