[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You ever think about life and wonder, why? Why bother? What makes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: 13241423141234.gif (419KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
13241423141234.gif
419KB, 500x500px
You ever think about life and wonder, why? Why bother? What makes you go up every morning, whats your reasoning?

Life is just repeat of everyday, then you're dead.
>>
yeah every day is the same shit but what should i do about it? kill myself? what if that what is coming after life is even worse?
So i just don't think about it and go to my shitty job to do shitty tasks for 8 hours come back home distract myself with shitposting and it repeats everyday
>>
>>39239703
i really hope there isn't an afterlife, i want this to be it.
>>
This line of thought never occurs to most people. They just go through the motions like mindless automatons and next thing you know they're 6 feet under.

In fact, some people actually lack a sense of temporal awareness, and only have a vague idea of when tomorrow will come.

Neuroticism is a curse.
>>
File: 362538_f520.jpg (41KB, 520x406px) Image search: [Google]
362538_f520.jpg
41KB, 520x406px
Because Alexander is cooler then Diogenes and had a hot asian wife and trap bf

seriously how can you deny you would rather be a winner then a loser?
>>
File: 1500074901402.jpg (36KB, 388x380px) Image search: [Google]
1500074901402.jpg
36KB, 388x380px
>>39238818
the only thing that keeps me from killing myself when I'm in that mood is my sister and my mom and my cat. My sister and mom would be devastated and I can't do that to them. My cat and I have an incredible bond, I'll kill whoever hurts her and I don't want to just disappear on her and have her think "where did daddy go" and then never come back.

I'm in the process of self improvement and self discovery and all that, and trying to find greater meaning in life but I'm just not motivated that much and that pisses me off. If there is anything to be motivated for its discovering the greater meaning in life and existence etc.
>>
>>39239939
Diogenes told the coolest guy at the time to stand out of his fucking sunlight. Alexander himself said that if he wasn't Alexander, he wished he was Diogenes.
>>
>>39239861
I wish i was normal
>Neuroticism is a curse
since it is, nothing happend for me today, infact, my day at work was one of the better day, but as soon as i got home this thought popped out of nowhere, feelt shitty for the rest of the day and it will stick with me for awhile now..
>>
>>39240189
To which Diogenes replied:"If I wasn't Diogenes, I too would wish to be Diogenes."
>>
the only person that decides whether everyday is the same is you
>>
>>39240646
I wish I believed this kinda shit
>>
>>39240735
what isn't believable about it?
>>
>>39240646
Wake up. Work. Go home. Sleep. Work. Home. Sleep. Work. Home. Sleep. Weekend. Sleep. Eat. WORK. HOME. X60 years. DEAD.

>why? Everyday is everyday, since its what's part of whats normal, which is wake up, go to work, home, have a few hours before bed. and its time for work.
>>
File: 361kvd.jpg (118KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
361kvd.jpg
118KB, 500x362px
>>39240785
I don't believe I can really change anything because I'm a big pussy that feels persecuted by the universe so I just gave up. And knowing that doesn't even motivate me to try to change it, I just don't give a fuck and I wish I did.
>>
There's beauty in every day if you want to see it. Once you believe that it is meaningless, life as a whole, then you can accept that negative feelings are mostly useless and you can choose to live as your best self.
Imagine you are walking in a river, the current softly moving you along, and you are carrying a small canoe or kayak above your head. As you wade through the river, when the weather is cold, the water feels bad. And when the weather is warm, the water makes you feel good.

Get in the boat.
>>
>>39240823
serious question, what is keeping you alive if you actually think like this?

you make a lot of assumptions here, that people don't enjoy their jobs (desu this does mostly appear to be true but there are still a lot of exceptions), that you have no time to engage in outside activities outside working hours and that you even have to work a standard 40 hour week in the first place. it's what you do in the gaps that changes
>>39240843
well honestly i was like this not too long ago, holed up in my room for ages interspersed with occasional gaps for crying and eating. lot of shit happened, ended up being referred to a shrink for depression (which didn't really do anything), but eventually i realised its all in my head (not in a dismissive way but literally that most of the problems i experienced were of my own creation) and that feeling like this doesn't benefit anyone while it's easy to change. to this day things aren't really that much different but i don't feel as bad about things, if i want to do something or go out, ill do it entirely alone and i feel fine with that
>>
>>39240529
Likewise. I get assaulted by these thoughts from the blue and I fall into a heavy state of melancholy.

It's like some grand cosmic joke. A being aware of its entropy.
>>
File: 1502619723817.jpg (88KB, 400x796px) Image search: [Google]
1502619723817.jpg
88KB, 400x796px
>>39238818
take a sneak peek on life, goy
>>
>What makes you go up every morning, whats your reasoning?
I've got better suicide methods available than pissing and shitting the bed until dehydration.
>>
>>39240995
Some days are better, some are worse. My work itself, is what some would consider a dreamjob, and even I've to tell myself that everyday. I work for really, really long days, everyday. My life is my work, more or less. But i do enjoy my work, which makes me happy, but not happy to see that even that my work, has no meaning itself. Its work.

I don't make any assumptions, this is how i feel, which is right here and now, tomorrow i might feel different, some days i tried fucking hard to only think possitive, which is so damn hard, but i do my best, if i dont, life is meaningless. There're beautiy everywhere, which i can see, if i want, but there're also darkness everywhere. Just as what im writing now, it has no point other than you might reply, which will give me some happiness (YOU) or nothing, if you dont reply.
>>
>>39241051
So basically, the universe is in an infinite cycle of expansion and contraction, with an incomprehensible origin?
>>
Stop being enslaved by your emotions. You guys know enough evolutionary psychology to know your emotions are just tools of natural selection. I cannot recommend mindfulness meditation enough.
Some drugs can help as shortcuts to distancing your "Self" from your experience. and emotion is just an experience that happens TO YOU, as you already know.
>>
>>39241155
Without escapism & my family, I would feel really lonely and would have a really hard time to stay happy, and that would be the end of me, i think.

But some days, as i said, are better, and i feel good. But why bother to live in a life, where its a rollercoaster of emotion, its tiring, it's just pain.
>>
>>39241226
>why bother to live in a life, where its a rollercoaster of emotion, its tiring, it's just pain
Exactly. And you don't have to, there is a smarter alternative.
>>
>>39241221
Yeah, but I am a INFP, im over sensitive and feel everything thought my emotions. Feels life is set on hard.

I smoked weed for about 1-2 years, life was better at first, till i needed it to be normal, and my feelings "collapsed" if i didnt smoke. I numbed my feelings.

what legal drugs is there for me to get?...
>>
File: 1503116346547.png (58KB, 445x293px) Image search: [Google]
1503116346547.png
58KB, 445x293px
>>39241178
you are but a little baby. you have to read religious texts and find patterns if you want to comprehend the tree of life.
>>
>>39241155
can i ask what you do for your job? It doesn't matter that others would consider it a dream, if (you) aren't enjoying it then you have to ask why you continue to do it? at the very least if you dont want to quit entirely, is there not an option to work less or take more days off?

spoilered this shit cos it's mostly muh life story, but ever since i was a kid i (thought) i wanted to be a scientist. i was never extremely smart but i managed to push through my degree with the hope that one day i would be some mad professor blowing shit up in a lab. well actually the further i got, the more disillusioned i became with it, most of my time was spent teaching stuff i had no interest in or begging for funding, only around 10% of my time (if that) was spend on my research and even then i was pushed to my limit, spending all my time stressed and tired. i realised this isn't what i had in my mind and ended up dropping out, got my teaching certification and now i teach science to schoolkids. some people may say it's not "contributing to society" as much as cutting edge research, and there are definitely times when i find it hard, but on the whole i like my job and im certainly a lot happier than before

wow didn't mean for this to turn into such a long ass blog, sorry guys
>>
>>39238818
So why not make this life better? Do something about it and make yourself happy. You think a thunderbolt will just hit you and you will become satisfied with yourself? Life is shorter as older you are so achieve your goals and wake up from sleeping in your arsehole.
>>
>>39239826
Even if heaven is like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3PS9fSs4c
>>
>>39241371
I'm a cinematographer / editor for a production company. It's fun and it allows me to be creative. Can such when you get told to when your work isnt good enought, and you've to redo everything which you putted your "soul" into. Another downside is the long days, the work on the weekdays and really is no time for days off. My boss mindset it, more or less, "you can work 15h+ more / week, since its a fun job". I work overtime everyday.

When i come home, yeah, freetime for 3-4 hours, back to work. Idk, i shouldn't comeplain, but life, in a bigger picture, can somewhat seems worthless.

I can somewhat related to your blog.
>>
>>39241524
it's funny that you say your work has no meaning then, what do you consider to be meaning then? to me you play
a part entertaining people, making them laugh or cry or whatever, which is definitely meaning enough for me.

have you tried looking for another job? im not too knowledgeable but i think my local college is looking for a lecturer in media production, maybe something along those lines(most of my examples are school related since that's what i know best lol)? last option is probably being more assertive with your boss and telling him that you're overworked but i don't want to be responsible for you being jobless so be careful

if you feel bored, then it's your job to find something to fill those gaps. go to a concert, see a play, take a course online but im certain that there is something you can do about that
>>
>>39241296
You are the little baby. Stuck with your kaballa delusion.
>>
SPIRAL OUT. KEEP GOING.
>>
>>39240735
This. How do normies come up with this type of drivel and actually believe it?
>>
File: badabing.jpg (82KB, 636x657px) Image search: [Google]
badabing.jpg
82KB, 636x657px
A lack of motivation, really. Killing yourself takes more energy than one would think. I'm just a powerless, ambivalent person
>>
Nihilistic guys should go to church.
Just as tourists when you're bored. It'll give you things to think about.

Not a christ shill btw, fuck religion.
>>
>>39241296
Show me a place to start, I am genuinely interested in this perspective on Abrahamic religion, one I was not aware of.
>>
>>39241051
This reminds me of European Paganism, an esoteric science compiled over countless generations that is explained through the language of mythology and not meant to be taken literally.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.