[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else lost? >be 27 >live in very expensive US city

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1493896467314.jpg (439KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
1493896467314.jpg
439KB, 800x520px
Anyone else lost?

>be 27
>live in very expensive US city for work
>going to start remote work again, because I can save a tremendous amount of money
>don't really have any social ties/friends in this city, so no incentive to stay
>the few friends I do have are now scattered across the country, because home town has such disproportionate cost of living
>most are now married/have kids
>family is abusive, so I don't want live anywhere near them
>I can afford to live nearly anywhere in the US
>without any social group it's kind of pointless to move anywhere in particular
>I've basically lost the small social group i did have, because of economic pressure
>tfw no gf

So I basically no longer have a home, or social support network of any kind. I'm defaulting to traveling around, but I have no long term plans. Too introverted to really make new friends. I have stable income, but without any sort of social life it all feels vacuous. My life feels extremely unbalanced, because of my professional success, but complete lack of social success. Without knowing anyone, it's pretty much impossible to integrate into existing social groups.

I'm not materialistic, so the money just sits in my account. I compulsively save as much as I can, because one bad streak of unemployment, and I would actually be homeless. The realization that the money is the only thing keeping me from living on the streets fills me with a lot of anxiety. Any sort of health issues, and I'm completely fucked.

I feel like a pariah, the soul crushing isolation is starting to get to me. The closest thing I have to social interaction are the few calls I take for work a day. Modern society is basically enabling my existence; however it all feels so very wrong, I'm pretty sure people aren't meant to live like this.
>>
>living the dream, then bitching about it
>>
>>39227469
It's not the worst fate, but I'd hardly call it a dream.
>>
>>39227363

What to you want out of life?

Your situation honestly doesn't sound that bad. You may have a very negetive mindset due to your abusive upbringing.
>>
>>39227544
>You may have a very negetive mindset due to your abusive upbringing
Almost certainly.

A large part of my professional success was directly caused by me taking a bunch of risks in a desperate attempt to escape that situation. It was great for a few years, but the novelty of being free wore off.

I put so much effort into trying to escape, that I didn't really put much thought into what I wanted beyond that.

Now I'm left with a bunch of physiological scars, making it hard to reintegrate back into any sort of social norm. I definitely missed the boat because of my previous situation, and there's pretty much no one in my life to confide with.
>>
>>39227544
He's a malcontent, he'll never be happy
>>
File: 1496121105477.jpg (191KB, 2048x1990px) Image search: [Google]
1496121105477.jpg
191KB, 2048x1990px
>>39227363
a pet might give you companionship and a sense of purpose. also, perhaps you can try online dating or irl dating? a church is a good way to get once a week facetime with people, if you don't mind the religious parts.
>>
>>39227689

In my experience nothing you do in your extenal world to make your feel better about yourself works. In others words you can't lift, fuck or earn away your low self-esteem or dysfunctional worldview.

What worked for was pulling away from society for about 2 years and constantly studying male self-help material via reading/podcast/speaking to older men.

Despite the fact that I now workout less, earn less, have fewer friends and live in a trailer I'm massively more happy that I ever was trying to cover up my feelings with superficial bullshit.

Try out:
Aaron Clarey
Corey Wayne
Mark Manson
Patrice ONeal
Rollo Tomassi

Good luck m8
>>
>>39228010
>a pet might give you companionship and a sense of purpose.
Being kinda nomadic, makes keeping a pet really impractical unfortunately. I'm pretty much living out of a backpack.

>also, perhaps you can try online dating or irl dating?
I'm pretty sure I can't have a healthy relationship. Any sort of intimacy gives me a pronounced visceral discomfort. I'm 27 and have never been in a relationship, primarily because I instinctually pull away if anyone tries to get close. At this point I've missed out on enough crucial formative experiences, that I can't just pretend that I know what I'm doing.

>a church is a good way to get once a week facetime with people, if you don't mind the religious parts.
Thought about that. Parents were super religious, so that kinda taints the whole thing.
>>
>>39228137
>Aaron Clarey

wew lad, he's a bag of crazies
>>
>>39228288
>Refusing to fix your problems
>>
>>39228722

...and why do you feel that way?
>>
>>39228845
>not feeling that way
>>
>>39228845
His survival bias is through the fucking roof along with his delusion of grandeur.

And another red flag is that he thinks mental illnesses are memes, in the lines of autism, schizophrenia, name your problems, don't exist.
>>
>>39227363
You belong in /soc/ GTF I truetoy hope you die
>>
>>39229221
>Hermit with no social circle
>belongs on /soc/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.