[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been in Japan for 7 months now. I figure you guys

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: 20170127_174704.jpg (2MB, 3687x2074px) Image search: [Google]
20170127_174704.jpg
2MB, 3687x2074px
I've been in Japan for 7 months now.

I figure you guys might want to have some questions answered about the country. Go ahead, I have some time to spare.
>>
>>39147300
1. Why are you there? Work I'd assume?
2. Where were you before?
3. Any good chicks?
>>
>>39147320
>Why are you there? Work I'd assume?
I'm here for general travelling. I'm in here on a working holiday visa. I have been doing minor labor on farms in exchange for food and a bed, but I haven't actually worked a paid job.
>Where were you before?
In my home country, Denmark. I'll be going to Australia next year.
>Any good chicks?
Plenty. They're very traditional, feminine, and beautiful, but they expect men to have a well paying job and be down for a long term relationship. They're perfectly fine with being housewives, though.
>>
>>39147300
is it true that if u get no job there u get deported after 3 Months!? are the immigration policy that strict?
>>
>>39147300
Have you enjoyed your stay overall?
>>
>>39147300
What's the weather like? Humidity and cloudiness specifically.
>>
do you speak moonspeak, amigo mio? was it hard to learn?
>>
>>39147356
Their immigration policies are very strict, yes. Unless you get married to a Japanese person, you have to know Japanese better than most Japanese persons in order to apply for citizenship.

The 3 months is just a regular tourist visa, so yes, you'd get kicked out. If you're under 30 and consider moving to Japan, I suggest going here on a working holiday visa beforehand to see how it is.

>>39147367
Yeah, it's okay. Japan has its own problems, like any country. The nature is beautiful, the food is amazing, people are really nice, and everything just works. But they don't speak English, they are very shy with first contact with foreigners, and it's difficult to read their intent since everyone is so damn polite.

>>39147382
During the summer, it's heavy humidity and burning sun, with days of clouds and thunderstorms. In the winter, it's dry cold with snow. If you plan on travelling around for an extended period of time, bring clothing for all weather types. I'm in Osaka right now, but I'll be hitchhiking to Hokkaido next week since I can't deal with the weather in midland Japan right now.

>>39147384
I barely knew how to say "good morning" when I got here, but being forced to interact with Japanese people who don't speak English have taught me enough to get by. It's far from perfect, but understandable, and I've definitely gotten better at picking up the context of conversations.
>>
>>39147352
>I'll be going to Australia next year.

Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>39147452
heh.

Don't worry, ya mad cunt, I'm only there for a year or two.
>>
>>39147424
>hitchhiking
Aren't you scared of being murdered?
>>
Do you have any stories? Did ya get some anime puss there?
>>
do nips really stink of garlic and ginger?
>>
Where are you right now? Plans for the weekend?
>>
>>39147300
Is it depressing? I feel like moving to Japan is going back to high school. Everyone has cliques and literally nobody actually wants to talk to the foreigners.
>>
File: 1367453410.jpg (15KB, 569x600px) Image search: [Google]
1367453410.jpg
15KB, 569x600px
>>39147352
Pretty sure you're fucking LARPing m8
>>
>>39147424
>and it's difficult to read their intent since everyone is so damn polite.

I just got back from three weeks there, and this is such an issue. I interacted with a lot of cute girls, and if they were American I would have thought they were into me, but it's so damn hard to tell with Japanese people.

I'm going back this winter, and I really need to improve my Japanese before then.
>>
>>39147352
About those chicks. Would they accept moving out of Japan? And since everyone says Japanese men don't care about girls, is it hard to get a grill there?
>>
>>39147538
Not really. I'm pretty burly and know self defense.

>>39147546
Oh, I have plenty stories. Don't know where to start. And not so far, Japanese women don't want to have one night stands.

>>39147554
Erh, no.

>>39147569
Osaka. Going to Summer Sonic with a bunch of people I've met here.

>>39147572
It's only depressing if you make it depressing. The cities are a lot more bleak than the countryside.

>>39147597
Why would I LARP about something like this?
>>
>>39147300
are they really as racist as i keep hearing?
>>
>>39147611
I'm going to Osaka in October. Again. Love that city.
>>
>>39147611
Hmm, well if you come to the U.S don't hitchhike.
>>
>>39147603
It's not hard to get a girl, but they're picky as hell. About moving out of Japan, guess it's up to the individual.

>>39147620
Not at all. That's a myth.

>>39147675
Gotcha. Not planning on going there anyway.

>>39147627
When you do, ask a taxi driver to take you to the Apollo building, then go up the red staircase.
>>
>>39147693
Since I love Asian girls, I had this idea of going there for a few months, get a waifu material and go back. Have stable work with higher average pay. But probably I wouldn't speak Japanese that good, do at least 20 y olds know English? BTW thx for answers I was wondering about this for a good while
>>
>>39147693
What's in that Apollo building? A brothel? I was just thinking of going to Tobita Shinchi.
>>
>>39147620
They are, in a way. But OP wouldn't see it. As long as you're a tourist you won't run into racism. It's only if you start living there that you will start picking up small signs of racism.
>>
>>39147734
The thing about speaking English in Japan is that the way they're taught it in school is only to read and write it, not speak it. And it's the same to this day. The only people who speak English here are the ones who've gone to a private English school, been abroad, or is a hafu.

>>39147742
The best strip club you'll ever go to. Tobita Shinchi is a disappointment in comparison.
>>
>>39147764
Fuck strip clubs. What's the point of getting blueballed? Unless they give at least blowjobs it's a waste of time and money.
>>
File: 妄撮ワンピ050.jpg (917KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
妄撮ワンピ050.jpg
917KB, 1280x1920px
>>39147764
>The best strip club you'll ever go to.

Try going to Cosholic if you're a weeb. It's only twice a year but it blows strip clubs out the window if you're into cute Japanese girls in skimpy lewd anime-inspired outfits.

I might still need to check that place out next time I'm there, though.
>>
>>39147734

You weebs are so fucking pathetic. Kill yourself
>>
>>39147776
You say that now. We're a couple of guys who've been to both Tobita Shinchi and this club, and we enjoy the club a fuckton more.

>>39147782
I don't give a fuck about cosplay bullshit, but 3000yen lap dances where you can grope everywhere and they stick their tongue down your throat is not to be looked upon lightly.
>>
>>39147801
Is that the extent to what you can do to the girl? Grope?
>>
>>39147801
That sounds pretty awesome. I'll go there if I don't score with any cosplay QTs instead.

I actually seriously considered delivery health while I was there last week, but no vaginal coupled with girls that aren't really my type (for all the gaijin-friendly services) for the price kinda killed it for me. I'd pay the stupid 3man if I could actually fuck a small tits Japanese QT, but only getting a handjob from some big tits chick I could get here in the US is kind of a killer.
>>
>>39147764
How can I go about doing this like you? is there anywhere online I can link up with someone else willing to do this with me? the " I have been doing minor labor on farms in exchange for food and a bed, but I haven't actually worked a paid job".

I need something like this to break through these heavy sealed gates of NEETdom.
>>
>>39147821
They're also masterful flirters. The girls in Tobita Shinchi took 5 minutes to give me a boner, the girls in the club do it in 30 seconds.

It's overall just a really enjoyable experience.

>>39147823
Do it dude. Go get gloriously blueballed at the club, then head to Tobita Shinchi to blow your load after. That's what I'd suggest.

>>39147824
I use wwoofjapan.com to find places like that. It's been keeping me going so far, but I'm hitting the road next week with no host lined up.

Also brb, grabbing a cigarette.
>>
>>39147693
>"are they really as racist as i keep hearing?"
>"Not at all. That's a myth" anwsers the tall blonde danish
>>
Is it fun? I want to live in Japan.
>>
>>39147300
Hey, OP.
1.How much did you spend so far? Airline, trains, etc.
2. Once you landed, did you have someone meet you or just went to the nearest place you thought you could find a job?
2.5 Are countryside dialects vastly different?
3. What work do you usually do on a japanese farm? Shovel wagyu shit in the general ballpark?
4. I've visited Denmark a couple of times. Some of the best experiences I've ever had. Friendly, safe, clean. Also, Roskilde festival is amazing.
>>
>>39147879
In this case he doesn't know what he is talking about. Sure he knows more about Japan than a basement dwelling NEET, but there are loads of things he doesn't know either.
>>
>>39147881
It's fun if you're fun.

>>39147898
>How much did you spend so far? Airline, trains, etc.
Too much. I barely spend anything on transport as I hitchhike a lot, I get cheap Airbnb's when I stay somewhere, but overall in this half year, I've spent around 7 grand.
>Once you landed, did you have someone meet you or just went to the nearest place you thought you could find a job?
I had a farm stay set up from home, so I landed and stayed two days in Fukuoka before heading to the first farm where I stayed a month.
>Are countryside dialects vastly different?
Yes. Not that it makes a difference to me since I barely speak Japanese anyway.
>What work do you usually do on a japanese farm? Shovel wagyu shit in the general ballpark?
Generally whatever they ask of me. I've shovelled my share of manure, but I've also done weeding, planting, watering, etc. It's general farmhand work.
>I've visited Denmark a couple of times. Some of the best experiences I've ever had. Friendly, safe, clean. Also, Roskilde festival is amazing.
Too bad it's all going down the shitter now with the general decline of Europe

>>39147879
>>39147920
Obviously, since I'm not black, I don't experience it that hard. But the actual racism that I've seen here is nothing compared to the wild stories people tell on the internet.
>>
>>39147790
I'm not a weeb, I just find Asian women beautiful. What's wrong with that? Had Korean gf on dorm and she was best girl I ever met.
>>
>>39147978
As mentioned before, as a tourist you won't see racism. And those stories are exaggerated. But it does exist, and if you live there and speak the language you will start to notice it.
>>
>>39147750
Japs care a lot about what the world thinks of them, that's probably why they don't manifest their prejudices
>>
Have you been to Miyazaki yet?
>>
>>39147978
Thanks for the answers, OP.

1. How long does working holiday visa last for? Was it hard to obtain?
2. Where did you find your first farm job before entering Japan? Website, friends?
>>
>>39148055
Yeah. Great city! Absolutely love the place. Spent 2.5 months down there.

If you go there, go to The Bar. Great atmosphere, friendly bartenders, and old Japanese pool masters coming there every night to kick your ass at pool.
>>
File: 1418424597761.png (8KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418424597761.png
8KB, 473x500px
Pretty sure this poster is the Dane poster from the /int/ Japanese threads.
He said he could kill a bear with his bare hands in a fight and is a normie who has had a Chinese girlfriend.
There's a picture of him that he posted a while back as well
>>
>>39148067
>How long does working holiday visa last for? Was it hard to obtain?
One year, and not really. Had to save up something like 3 grand, then apply for it. It's just filling out forms and apply for it at your local Japanese embassy. It's not available to all countries, though.
>Where did you find your first farm job before entering Japan? Website, friends?
wwoofjapan.com
>>
>>39148068
What kind of woofing did you do in Miyazaki?
>>
>>39148078
Yeah, it's me.

No need to bring all that up now, though, I'm not looking for e-fame, just to answer questions.
>>
>>39148089
Stayed with an old man who runs a hotel some distance outside of Miyazaki city. Had a lot of fun with him, he taught me how to fish and how to cut sashimi.
>>
>>39148113
Haha no way. You were in Yusunoki Cottage right?
>>
>>39148081
why saving up 3 grand? did it cost something or did you have to just show that you have money?
>>
>>39148130
Yes! Have you been there too?

Ko-san is fucking awesome.

>>39148131
It's just to show that you have money to cover yourself for a while until you get a job.
>>
>>39147862
Man, you're really making me want to consider an Osaka trip. I have friends there, too. We'll see how it goes this winter.

I'm not sure I need it, though, apparently I have the kind of look that Japanese grills are really into, and I got a fuckton of Tinder matches and convos in Tokyo. I just couldn't take advantage since I only got the urge to try it on the last night that I was there.
>>
>>39148142
Yeah I worked there for two months in 2015.
It was kind of tough at first, but I got used to the workload in the end. Ko-san is a great person once you get to know him. Overall it was a 10/10 experience.
Btw I'm the one who painted the dogs and the guitar lady on the wall (If it's still there, Ko didn't look too pleased with my job)
>>
>>39148209
Tinder is only used by Japanese girls to get an English conversation partner and/or an English speaking long-term boyfriend. One night stands do not happen.

I've tried, a lot. I've met people who've also tried a lot. I've yet to meet a foreigner here who've successfully had a one night stand with a Japanese girl.

>>39148222
It's still there! Ko-san is generally difficult to please. I'm seriously considering going back there around November or so.

I managed to get him to move on from his deceased wife and actually get a girlfriend, who he then got pregnant.
>>
>>39147424
>The nature is beautiful,

I hear bear attacks are getting more common there. You know anything about it? Ever see any?
>>
>>39148284
Only in certain areas up north. I've yet to see a bear while hiking around here.
>>
>>39148240
Good on you anon! When I was there she was still alive but looked very sick. I'm glad that you got him to move on.
>>
File: 1501908412270.jpg (234KB, 506x722px) Image search: [Google]
1501908412270.jpg
234KB, 506x722px
>>39147300
10 years in Japan here. If you need help let me know
>>
File: ieeS0Ev_d.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ieeS0Ev_d.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
Are Japanese people really short? What's the average height for a man and for a woman in your experience? (I don't trust wiki)
>>
>>39148373
I'd like to actually have a job here for a little while. Any idea what a gaijin who doesn't speak Japanese could do for a couple of months?

>>39148395
You can trust the wiki average. I'm 186cm and people comment on my height all the time. I do see Japanese people taller than me though.
>>
>>39147611
>, Japanese women don't want to have one night stands.
Maybe with you lad. I had no problem with that.
>>
>>39148485
Where did you go? I'm sure there's places in Tokyo where I could get a one night stand with some girl, but I've been to both minor and major cities, public and private parties, and I've met girls who want relationships with me but not one night stands.
>>
>>39148506
Osaka. Seemed pretty easy to me.
>>
>>39148524
Meh. I might've just been unlucky or not assertive enough.
>>
Oh shit It's you again OP. It's been 7 months that fast? You more than likely don't remember me but I'm the anon who's working their way into becoming a Japanese translator. My question for you this time is how has your home stay been to you so far? And what's an easy way of earning a holiday visa? I want to volunteer for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and It'd be nice to know how I can work towards getting one early to enjoy Japan before tourists take over.
>>
>>39148569
Home stays have worked out great so far. I've yet to stay with someone that I've disagreed with or not gotten along with. But it might not be for everyone, I just have a very large capacity for different personalities.

And there's not "easy" way to get a working holiday visa, there's "the" way to do it, which is to tick every box required to get one. In that way it's really easy, just read up on the requirements on your local Japanese embassy website, fill out the correct forms, bring proper documentation, and go apply for it.

Also, I'm gonna go out and get drunk in Osaka now. If any lurkers here are in Osaka right now, come meet me at Murphy's in an hour or so.
>>
How hard is it to get a job in japan as a foreigner if you speak decent japanese (but can't really write) and have a master's degree?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.