[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally figured it out

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: 1502605282562.png (126KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1502605282562.png
126KB, 800x769px
I figured out the psychological problem that is keeping us down: we're too comfortable. We have nothing to fight against so we languish and feel like nothing ever changes.

Am I in the wrong here? If I'm right then that means all we have to do is continually challenge ourselves.
>>
if you want to fight, start hunting isis like rambo
>>
>>39134429
no, you are right

all the people i've talked to that have fixed there lives were people that were forced to change, like kicked out of the house and shit like that
>>
>>39134429
I was on the verge of becoming a nerd. I was told that i would be kicked out if I didn't get a job and start contributing to the rent. I understood that my mom was struggling and got a job. That led me to start doing more shit I was uncomfortable with. It's been a climb, boys, but it's better than sitting at home all day playing video games. Now all I gotta do is stop being a pussy and just go try to get laid.
>>
>>39134429
this is true, thats the problem with modern technology..why do you think more people lash out and go on shooting sprees
>Lanza discussed this years ago and everyone thought he was wrong
>>
>>39134429
People will only challenge themselves if they have to like the others said. Or if they find someone who they are willing to change. Insert random true love bullshit
>>
>>39134638
I'm going to experiment with challenging myself. This could be big, if it works it could change everything.
>>
>>39134429
Africans work hard in the UK because they came from shacks in Africa. Its a game to them like playing GTA where you start with 50 dollars.

We started with a family and house. We have a PC , TV, food, water. The game mentality or fun in getting any old job, to get a house, car, social life is gone.
>>
>>39134429
You are absolutely correct. I feel less shitty psychologically (still far from "normal") when I have something to "fight" against and challenge myself. When I'm too comfortable, I fall back to the bottom of the psychological suffering pit.
>>
Yes, this is exactly right

That's why I'm joining the army next year, so I have no choice because I'm forced to do things I would never do otherwise on a daily basis
>>
Imagine this. Your parents die. Leave you nothing. Your homeless. Its day 1 of being homeless your still clean and have a resume.

How fun is that challenge ey?

Working will feel comfortable because your indoors, warm, with people and safe.

You earn your first pay check, rent a house. You're suddenly comfortable. Next month get a car. Boom you're sorted.

FUN FUN FUN.
>>
>>39134429
>be a NEET since forever
>finally kicked out and forced to go to college
>life now exists out of working and studying 24/7
>nonstop surrounded by normies
>no friends, no gf
>poor so living off cheap food and no time to work out, thus ugly
>lonely, depressed KHV
>only reward for all this will be getting to work 9-to-5 at a harder full time job for the following 35 years

nope
>>
File: 1445722183259.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>39134429
The smallest fucking challenge I have left - beating opponents in Counter-Strike - nearly always ends in failure and I always get more deppressed when I'm beaten at the game. So what the fuck do you mean?
Oh I've had challenges. Trying to gain muscles? Check. Grooming myself into a better man? Fucking check, m8
Well guess what I'm a skinny incel still HA HA HA fucking HA
>>
>>39134429
If being pathetic and unhappy isn't something to for against then i have no idea what you are supposed to fight.
>>
File: 1496610361943s.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1496610361943s.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>>39135781
>Grooming myself into a better man?
I must add this was FOR A GIRL, the fucking BEST girl I've ever met, I could have been fucking i m p a l e d on a spike if I could stare into her eyes while I suffer and die BUT NO that fucking cunt had to say "oh you're too invested and its unhealthy" and now shes in a foreign country taking PAJEET and nigger DICKS probably

End it. I never even fucking capitalize my letters
>>
File: 1489957457343.png (6KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1489957457343.png
6KB, 420x420px
>>39134429
You may be right, because I do the same. I'm a student right now and it's much more easier to think about exams and test papers as important fights. I'm such a nerd that I literally imagine these exams as battles and I really don't want to lose any of these. I do this for 2 years now and I always got very good grades. It also helps a little if you have a goal with these "battles".

I know weird, but whatever floats your boat, huh?
>>
I fucking wish I was comfy
>>
>>39135240
I'm trying to join the navy but I'm not sure if they'll accept me. Idk how it works in america but in my country getting in the navy ain't all that easy. The army and the air force are easier to get in but I dont wanna go there.
If I dont get in I'm gonna an hero or something.
>>
File: rokifeels3.png (549KB, 641x479px) Image search: [Google]
rokifeels3.png
549KB, 641x479px
>>39135844
>much more easier to think about exams and test papers
Back in high school I was so fuckin gsad over rejection and lack of social awareness that I let my grades slip a lot (they werent good to start with). Gonna go to uni in a weeks. Should I expect it to change? I don't want to unplug frim the computer, anon. I'm so comfy here. So good. I can DROWN in whatever of my liking, eat as much as I want and jerk off as much as I want. Surrounded by normies...I know how it feels. Surrounded by HAPPY normies is worse. You see them..happy. Bluepille. Lots of sex. All you can do is stay in mysery.
>>
>>39134429
We have things to fight, we're just ignoring them for one reason or another I think

mainly because we're not chad on a lifelong winning streak.
>>
File: az8gQgm_460s.jpg (13KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
az8gQgm_460s.jpg
13KB, 237x212px
>>39135902
Well, it's all up to you. It took me only one night to change my mindset (the night before a math test. Knew literally nothing, but decided to sit down and don't stand up from the table until I know it. After hours of trying, the magic happened.) From that point, I happily learned to all of my tests and at the end of the year my GPA was 4.5 out of 5, which is literally awesome (the system works a bit different here, just accept it).

About uni: always learn during the year, not right before the exam. A bit every single day and you will be alright. Can't tell much about the people there, because it all depends on the uni itself (technical universities are usually more robot friendly than the others).

Don't be lazy to change yourself. I believe in you Anon!
>>
>>39136368
>Don't be lazy to change yourself.
I already tried. I read books I worked out I was social and optimistic because I thought life would be great and it wasn't. I was excluded from normies. The girl I loved is probably getting dicked by chinks and doing all the colors of the rainbow as we speak. I'm s kinny fucking incel despite three years worth of effort during high school (our hs here isn't american bs-tier. It's really mature stuff)
>>
>>39136368
11/10 anon. I've been having doubts about my own ability these days. I'm starting an engineering degree out of all the odds and feel so unprepared for the math avalanche.
wat do i do
>>
>>39136451
Can't help with girls and normies. Never really experienced the thing called love (just some kind of "I like that girl a bit") and I usually just let the normies live their life and find people who are likeable to me (just look for more intelligent people, they are usually nice).
>>
>>39134429
I think that sometimes, but I'm towards the end of another shit day at my shit job and can attest struggle doesn't make you happier or more fulfilled. In fact, depression makes nearly everything a struggle.
>>
>>39136650
Soon I will start an engineering degree too! Just decided to take a technician class before uni, so atleast I will be prepared for the basic things and can fully concentrate on math. A good way is to get yourself a math teacher who is willing to tutor "uni-level" math. It costs money, but your chances to pass the exam will be higher. After you are done with the math exams, then you don't have to worry. The engineering subjects will be a bit easier.

Good luck Anon!
>>
>>39134429
No. I've gotten a fast pace office job and the only difference is now I feel like I'm on the verge of an anxiety attack every waking hour.
>>
>>39136805
Maths tutor, got it. Thanks for the great advice. Good luck to you, everyone here, and myself.
>>
>>39136886
Maybe that's too much challenge
>>
File: IMG_4144.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4144.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>39134429
The problem is finding the energy. It's a continuous cycle of not challenging yourself because depressed, and continuing to not do anything after that.

Basically you need some sort of outside force to give you the initial go, like a catalyst in a reaction. Back in the day my family intervened and got me on medication and therapy so I'd stop drinking/being depressed.

I still am sad sometimes but now I focus on improving myself. Idk what else to say, you just need your foot in the door.
>>
>>39134429
You are wrong, challenging yourself and putting yourself out of your zone of comfort for the sake of it it's retarded, it's not inherently your fault that there is nothing worth fighting for, even if you forced yourself to go through the motion the only thing that would build up will be hatred and resentment towards the action and yourself and accelerate your suicide otherwise Japan wouldn't have such a high suicide rate in young males
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.