[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomorrow is my first day of college, share your thoughts and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Tomorrow is my first day of college, share your thoughts and feelings about college.
>>
It's shit. Enjoy your debt to be indoctrinated.
>>
>>39110593
If community college, just keep quiet and do the work. It's easier, costs less, and you'll have achieved a concrete degree after two years.

If four-year college, get ready to party it up with Chads and Stacies and get tons of wild sex. :^)
>>
File: barbara.jpg (95KB, 960x1678px) Image search: [Google]
barbara.jpg
95KB, 960x1678px
>>39110593
I'm starting this fall (germanfag) and I'm kind of looking forward to it. Gonna study CS and maybe make some new friends? Hopefully
>>
>>39110736
Help neighbors out when you're done with labs instead of leaving. What do you already know about CS?
>>
>>39110788
Thanks for the advice
I don't know too much about it. Only surface knowledge about the different languages and I dabbled a bit with Python.
>>
>>39110593
I'm going to be honest. You have one month to make friends or join club to reap the maximum benefits. If you're going to be spergy and play Overwatch while everyone else is befriending each other then you're fucking screwed. The best idea would be to buy booze and make a party in your room at first day.
t. anon who graduated uni
>>
Starting second year in two weeks. Didn't make any friends or talked to any girls last year.
>>
>>39110816
Im an American and I don't have any older connections so that's off the table, ill probably be fine if i just get out there and talk to people, right?
>>
>>39110902
>ill probably be fine if i just get out there and talk to people, right?
I dunno. Talking seems fine but to really get things going you need to have shared experience. I mean even bad experience is better than none.
>>
>>39110816
>made no friends freshman year
>befriended random roommates, classmates sophomore year
>had just enough of a social life to not want to kill myself
I wasn't screwed even once!
>>
>>39111032
As i've said, for maximum benefits. It only gets harder and harder to get friends with each year and other people "condensate" into separate groups.
>>
>>39110816
Starting Uni this year.
Any advice on that?
>>
>>39110806
You should practice a bit of C and setup a Linux virtual machine. But having basic experience in Python is good as long as you never mention it in public.
>>
>>39111078
>But having basic experience in Python is good as long as you never mention it in public.
W-What?
>>
>>39111077
>Any advice on that?
Same applies to you. Oh, another thing, if you doubt about your course then sit and really think through about switching to different one in the same faculty. If you have it really bad (grade and study wise) try and get academic vacation rather than dropping at first.
>>
>tfw still going to live with parents throughout college
JUST
>>
>>39111108
If you don't talk too much about languages, you won't trigger the C or Haskell fag from the depths of /g/ that will make it his life mission to make you feel dumb.

I like Python too.
>>
>>39110695
can you actually get concrete degrees in other parts of the US? i'm in ca and all you can get from community college is your associates
>>
>>39111590
Associate's after two years > drop out after three years with nothing
>>
>>39111642
yea, good point anon.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.