[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do for a living, and how much do you make. I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: career[1].jpg (175KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
career[1].jpg
175KB, 900x675px
What do you do for a living, and how much do you make. I'm trying to find out what I want to do for a career and everything seems to need a huge commitment just to get in at entry level.
>>
>>39097849
I work 2 hours a week at a coffee shop and I make $1200 a year
>>
>>39097849
>Structural Engineer
>M.S.
>5 years experience
>$50k USD
Learn from my mistakes, anon.
>>
File: haihaikazumades.jpg (50KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
haihaikazumades.jpg
50KB, 640x352px
>Packing and Shipping Associate at a golf ball factory
>either $21/hr or $23/hr depending which job I'm working

I'm laid off from work right now and I really need to find another job. This company loves to fuck me over.
>>
File: Droopy_dog.png (81KB, 249x500px) Image search: [Google]
Droopy_dog.png
81KB, 249x500px
>>39097849
Plasma anon here again.

80$ a month.

You just have to be their approximation of healthy.

Have a nice day.
>>
I'm a fucking Social Worker and it's so shit, you deal with the worst kinds of scum all day, you work with 90% women, who were just smart enough to get this degree but so stupid they think it's an accomplishment, and the pay sucks.

I wanted to go to trade school. I wanted to be an apprentice. I should have but I was terrified of disappointing my parents so I kept changing degrees til I found the easiest one I could pass with no effort.

So don't pick Social Work.
>>
>Software engineer
>Bachelor's
>Recent college graduate (1 year experience)
>105k

The computer science meme is strong in california.
>>
Who here computer engineer?
>>
>>39097849
>Intern in IT department at insurance company (get offered position basically every semester and summer)
>High school diploma (freshman in uni as of next week)
>2 other internships' worth of experience
>~$21/hr at this point ($17.6 after taxes and tithing)

Connections. Are. Key.
>>
>>39097849
>Robotics and Control Systems engineer for a multinational conglomerate,

>170K USD equivalent/year after tax

>4 years experience

This is going to sound lame, but this degree in general was extremely difficult to get in mechatronics, every single course past 1st year was fucked in terms of difficulty, I didn't even graduate with good grades, failed like 7 courses over 5 years, I only do around 40 courses total in my degree and failed 7, put that into perspective, my graduation average was some garbage like 57 or something.

But, the fact almost no one exits uni with this major puts it highly in demand, especially with the current growth in aerial and in 10 years, legged locomotion, if you can make it through its well worth it,

Also, don't fall for the double degree meme, wasted another year doing my science degree for absolutely nothing

Good luck anon
>>
>>39097891

You joking? That's atrocious for an engineer, especially with 5 years experience
>>
>>39097849
Currently nothing. Fresh grad, looking for a job, likely have found one, only thing left is a security department check. Salary's going to be around $500/month which is slightly above national average in my country.
>>
>>39098470
Also to add on to my post and what other people have said here, don't bother with Civil engineering, structural or mechanical, mechanical is the best out of the 3 but honestly they're all going no where, computers can already do what they do with little thought,

If you want something not involving electrical networks, try materials engineering

Also don't bother with law, every roastie is doing law and the market is being saturated, also leaving uni feeling like you learnt nothing is a huge waste of time,

CBE degrees are the same, but if you're the top of your cohort you'll definetely go somewhere
>>
>>39098007
Bachelor's or Master's level? I was thinking of getting an MSW, but honestly I hate the social work part of the social work program and will probably just get a MA in counseling.
>>
>>39098560
Law is also currently being computerised.
>>
Apprentice lineman with a utility
31/hr with dope health, life and 12% matching 401k. After 50 hrs it's double time and I get plenty of ot.
But last year I cleared 96,000 after taxes as a 3rd year apprentice. That year I had one paycheck where I made 13,000. Was pretty gud.
>>
Office Admin for a Heritage Museum.
18k a year.
I mostly send e-mails, print shit out for people, pin stuff on notice boards and browse the internet. Sometimes I help with the events too but gladly I don't have to take part in them, just set up and chip in with my opinions. For a while I had to take minutes for the board too, that lasted like a month until the person who usually does that returned. So I got to see some juicy info.
Also my office is really comfy.

Downside is that it's not that exciting.
>>
File: images-4.png (16KB, 389x378px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.png
16KB, 389x378px
UK wages are interestingly low
>>
Electrical engineer. 40 hours a week, they want 44 for quick promotions. I have 3 years experience and make $74,430. I'm also still going to school to get an MBA. Engineering is a 4 year degree, and can stop at bachelors.
>>
I'm an escalations manager for an airline.
I don't actually know how much I make because I just got promoted last week but i know for sure it's a lot better than I was making.
Still not stellar pay I bet, but every bit counts.
My job basically involves approving rebooks, assigning callbacks, giving permissions, etc. It's not that hard, I just play nationstates all day and occasionally take a call from a pissed off customer.
>>
Actuary s where is at
>>
Biotechnology researcher/engineer

B.S. in Molecular Biology +3 years industry experience

70K USD per year.
>>
I'm 20 and never had a job in my life. I am studying to become an Animator/VFX pro but I'm still a noob and I worry that I'll never be good enough
>>
>>39097849

I own and operate a deli, and what I make varies, generally 40-45k usd/yr (which is actually amazing here).
>>
>>39097849
I'm a physicians assistant for a general hospital.

I make 110k annually.

You need a bachelors, med school and a masters degree, but it's cool

I love my job
>>
ships captain. $4000 and 15 days off a month.
>>
IT "analyst"
72,000CAD/year

It sucks. I'm basically tech support for 70 people. It's awful dealing with stupid computer problems all day.

It's literally the most stereotyped job out there. Everyone assumes you're a looser that plays video games all day. Nothing will dry up a woman's panties faster than telling her you work in IT.
>>
>>39098746

Any advice for a lad? >> >>39098007
>>
>>39098588

Bachelors. I know a guy who used it to be a prison counsellor and he likes it so maybe it's not all hopeless.
>>
shit job where i have to actively pretend to be a meganormie everyday (literal chad and stacy are my coworkers-- saw their FBs; 1500+ friends each).

make around 70k but it's draining. sometimes i go to work high b/c it makes interaction a bit easier for me. also 2 female coworkers touched me today, one of them twice, which was bretty nice. still a 25KV though living in me mums basement.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.