[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hear good rap song >want to become a rapper >read good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0901.png (30KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0901.png
30KB, 633x758px
>hear good rap song
>want to become a rapper
>read good book
>want to become a writer
>play good game
>want to become a game designer
My life is hell.
>>
>>39088600
i feel ya

i really do get a nice feeling seeing people make good art, but i myself suck at it
>>
File: sadcat5.jpg (33KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
sadcat5.jpg
33KB, 370x699px
>think I might be really good at writing
>type some shit out
>read it
>it sounds like what an autist would wri-
>"wait"
>>
>>39088600
I mean game designer is a writer of sorts. And if you get into gamedevving alone you get to do everything yourself.
>>
>dontknowthatfeel.jpg

I mean, I only get it with screenwriting, and that's mostly because I get mad at how bad it's usually done.

When I see good people make good things, my reaction is rarely "I want to do that!" but rather, "It's amazing that there's someone actually good at this."
>>
File: sadfatcat.jpg (58KB, 540x416px) Image search: [Google]
sadfatcat.jpg
58KB, 540x416px
>>39088600
>thought I could one day become a great writer
>spent years writing
>one day realize that I'm absolutely terrible at it
>wasted years writing bad stuff and thinking it's great
>>
File: b938.jpg (12KB, 426x314px) Image search: [Google]
b938.jpg
12KB, 426x314px
>>39088824
At least you had fun while it lasted right? That's what matters.
>>
File: 1500183925131.png (372KB, 372x576px) Image search: [Google]
1500183925131.png
372KB, 372x576px
at least now I catch myself in the act of having hope and stomp it out preemptively

there are normies my age making 6 figures.

there are normies my age who have mastered a skill or art

part of me refuses to think it's my fault and the normies hate that
>>
same but its more when i see a movie or gets inspired by something

if i watch anime i want to be cute, if i listen to emo music i want to be an emo and do drugs, if i visit /fit/ i want to be healthy and do workouts
>>
File: 004.png (629KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
629KB, 1280x720px
are we just low IQ easily manipulated proles only fit for the sweat shops and whips to our backs?

Jordan peterson says being a creative person is basically a curse because you are very much likely to fail.

are we even creative people or just fools?

or children who didn't grow up?

our brains are solidifying like plastic, our intelligence is locked in and habits already had their fun with us.
>>
>>39088993
what does peterson mean with that? most likely fail with being creative or create something great?
>>
>>39088993
The problem with at least half of /r9k/ is that we have self destructive lifestyles and we pay the toll for it.
>>
>>39088600
I actually kind of have the same thing as you OP. I went trough with making most of this shit though

>photo series, run a photo blog
>made 6 albums on bandcamp, always working on new songs in a lot of different genres, even did a rap song
>last film i made was a short documentary but i edit memes every now and then
>draw all the time in college and sometimes doodle at home in my sketchbook
>have game concepts i plan on working on in the
>making websites on the side and working on it as a future career

all I can tell you is you really gotta LOVE what you do and have fun while making it. I probably wouldn't be making/playing music/DJing if it wasn't SO much fun. It really fills me with joy and on some level fulfills me and I'm kind of addicted to it. It's fun to dabble into everything but you gotta find something that makes you happy to do, the rest becomes pretty easy then.

>>39088710
This is totally possible in this day and age, you'll learn a lot. If you have the time you should give it a shot!

>>39088824
Why the fuck did you stop? This should be obvious to you but nobody is great at their first works... If you know it's terrible that means you also could have an idea on what to do to improve it. DO THAT!! I encourage you. I hope you can one day read one of your own written paragraphs and go "damn, I did this? It reads exactly how I wanted it to! Oh I have an idea for this next part now".
>>
>>39088824
Don't think it's bad, you at least tried and got some experience. Some people literally can't produce anything, they have zero creativity.
>>
>>39088993
>Jordan peterson says being a creative person is basically a curse because you are very much likely to fail.
no he says you have a very low likelihood of making a career out of it.
>>
>>39088600
I know that feel all too well, anon. Every time I see someome who is exceptionally good at something or view a masterful piece of art in any form I wish to create something just as great...but end up failing or just gaining remedial skills.
>>
>>39089157
That's what he said you sperg.
>>
I used to have those feelings but my heart shut down these past 2 years. It was gradual so I didn't notice until I realized I no longer felt.
How do I fix this?
>>
File: 1479117072187.png (83KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1479117072187.png
83KB, 633x758px
>watch movie
>want to be the main character
>>
>>39088600
That's 100% me. Anything I do though I'm way too critical of and don't think it's good, even though they probably turn out maybe average or so.
My latest thing was buying pottery clay to make vases. At least it gives you a really interesting life if you act on your interests.
>>
File: 20161016_162757.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161016_162757.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>39088600
>wanted to be a programmer
>too brainlet to figure out solutions

>wanted to be in networking
>don't even know the basics of computers
>also don't have the care to know about the basics

>wanted to be webdev
>see first point

>wanted to do music
>don't know anyone whom I can start a band with

I could probably do music if I knew more people. I've been thinking of uploading my recordings to Soundcloud but I'm not sure as they all sound repetitive and it's just guitar, no drums, no bass, just me. I do have a passion for it though since I've practiced with acoustic since I was twelve and started electric at twenty.

Everyone in my family wants me make hundreds of thousands in IT, I just want to make music damn it.
>>
Some WISDOM from the MURPH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYCz06bS380
>>
Are we just retards and that's why people look down on people like us?
>>
>have a lot of imagination
>it goes away when i grab a pen
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.