[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEETS that abandoned Tendiedom and found a job... was it worth

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: fYCHJHY.jpg (602KB, 992x4160px) Image search: [Google]
fYCHJHY.jpg
602KB, 992x4160px
NEETS that abandoned Tendiedom and found a job...
was it worth it?

Did life improve?

Would you go back if you could?
>>
I can speak as someone who quit their job to start their own business. I saved 70k as my 'war chest' for when I started out. My life improved a great deal.
>>
>>39050992
Jesus Christ, yes. I'll take being a wagie with money over being a neet and poor any day of the week.
>>
No. I was depressed before, now Im depressed and fucking tired.

I want to die.
>>
>>39050992
Yeah, it was very worth it.

It took awhile getting used to going to work almost everyday, but honestly i'm no longer suicidal, my coworkers are kinda cool and there's a qt girl at my job who i'm texting

I hope she doesnt get creeped out when she finds out i'm a virgin.

But yeah, getting a job was very worth it.
>>
>>39051194
>I hope she doesnt get creeped out when she finds out i'm a virgin.
Claim you were raised in a religious household and that's why. Basically gets you off scott free for not losing it before 20. Just say that you're not really religious anymore.
>>
>>39050992
NEETs and wageslaves are both slaves. It's all a big meme. Few manage to escape it, I'm currently researching the subject, don't have a real answer yet.
>>
>>39051220
Slaves don't get paid.
>>
>>39051220
Buddhist monk is freedom
>>
I just noticed the can of natty light next to the bowl of ramen
>>
>>39051345
They interpret the scripture too literally. ie. believe in reincarnation/karma/souls what have you.
>>
>>39051495
Buddhist don't believe in soul actually but they do believe in reincarnation/karma as you said. But what do you have against scripture?
>>
>>39051262
They do.
You give them food.
>>
>>39052145
It is superstition. Buddha even said not to be superstitious, but Buddhists still are today. Much like Christians contradict what Christ said.
>>
>>39052195
>superstitious
Could you expand on what you mean by superstitions.
>>
>>39052283
Something you believe for no rational reason. Like reincarnation, karma or souls. Of course I talking here about the literal interpetations of these words, becaue those are the ones whom buddhists themselves believe in.
>>
>>39050992
I make 6 figs doing software and usually go in to work around 11 am and home at 5 pm, but i realize i'm one lucky motherfucker
>>
I spent 2 1/2 years officially neet between finishing university and getting a retail mcjob. Near the end my dad made me do 20 hours of housework a week to keep living at home, things like painting, garden work, and cleaning, I don't know if that can still be considered neet or not even though I wasn't paid. Overall my neet experience was good, way better than any time at the next two retail jobs I worked. I felt like saying fuck it and quiting every day. However, my current job is way better than being neet or in retail and I wouldn't be here if I hadn't had those shitty experiences. You have to take a couple steps back sometimes to move forward.

The best part of being neet was the extra time and freedom. I felt like I had control over my entire life, no obligations or stress at all. I was told I looked unnaturally young for 24, and I probably aged 4 or more years in the first 6 months of getting a job. I was totally free, I could take long walks to areas of the city I'd never seen, browse imageboards or watch letsplays, and spend all day at the university library reading old books on ancient Sumerian civilization or communism. Didn't have to talk to anyone, didn't have to pretend to be happy or excited or any bullshit they demand you do in the workplace.

The big downside was having zero money except for a small government tax credit every couple months. Couldn't afford a good computer or play any good games, couldn't afford new clothes, never went anywhere and didn't eat except food my parents bought. My weight dropped from about 140 to 119 and slept 12-14 hours a day. Looking back 4 years, I'm better off now but there are days when I really have a strong urge to drop anything and go back to that life. I'm not sure that urge will ever go away, if it weren't for the poverty it would be a sublime life.
>>
starting out NEET was great, it was a never ending vacation

towards the end of my NEET'dom i was just insanely depressed.

i no longer liked video games, i didnt care about movies, all my hobbies started getting on my nerves.

I left my NEET'dom mainly for financial reasons but also because i was insanely bored.

Im finally turning my life around out of the Abyss i was in for years. Fellow NEETs i would strongly warn you against trying to stay NEET, unless you have 10 million dollars, and are forced back to regular life
>>
Being in the Air Force is 10 times better than being a NEET, I highly recommend.
>>
really depends where you work.
i became a wagie and was just as miserable. money did nothing for me.
i joined the navy and made friends and now i love life. every guy i see in the navy on base is a friend i can just go up to and say hi to, i ca hang out with anyone i want. i can play magic the gathering at the baracks, or go out for kareoke and drinks without getting embarassed since we are all shipmates. i got in decent shape and can play sports and not feel embarassed during pt, i can take my shit off and play soccer or ultimate frisbee. i can play videogames with anyone and just invite mysf into their room if i hear them playing.

joining the navy saved my life. and im getting paid for it too. fucking awesome. Im in groton subschool, i know there must be another guy here in the pipeline too or on lower base
>>
File: baby_sleuth_pepe.png (34KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
baby_sleuth_pepe.png
34KB, 657x527px
>>39052475
damn, this sounds like the dream. do you have a bachelor's in CS? what lanuages do you use at work? any advice / tips for an aspiring programmer?
>>
>>39050992
honestly that left side is really fucking accurate, I'm not a NEET (anymore) and I am so glad I'm not, that shit is depressing.

t. college student who delivers food in his spare time and is up at 03:30 AM right now
>>
>>39053411
Also that food delivery job is honestly really fun. I don't get paid much but I have met a lot of great people there, I got really lucky with that job. Also, driving around town listening to music is really comfy. Would recommend.
>>
>>39050992
No, having a job fucking sucks. I have money but I don't need money because I don't want to do anything but sleep.
>>
File: 1501887469805.jpg (80KB, 976x988px) Image search: [Google]
1501887469805.jpg
80KB, 976x988px
>>39050992
I've never really been a NEET per say, but I'll share my experiences. I've been working on and off at shitty jobs since I was 16 because poor family. When I got into university I quit working because I was failing my classes because not enough time. I did two years in university and then got an internship doing research in the government for 8 months. I loved it and hated it. The job was boring and tedious and I thought about killing myself all the time. But the trade off was that I had a lot of time to read books or manga at work. The internship ended and I've been taking classes all summer. I realized that I hated school/semi NEET life style just as much as work. OP's image sums it up quite nicely.
>>
Not really, EXCEPT that I do not have to see my mother as much anymore.

I spend a few minutes a day in her presence when she brings me dinner or whatever, getting food but other than that I sleep/work/game.

Can't wait to move out.
>>
File: 1479469036425.png (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479469036425.png
96KB, 500x500px
>>39050992
Ive become a part-time wagie and its the best of both worlds right now.

>do enough to make some money and not feel completely useless
>dont have to wake up early and have plenty of time for my old NEET activities

If only this paid enough to live on my own, i think id be content with life.
>>
Working some "internship" (gov program/slave labor) for 3 months. I find out tomorrow if I go back to NEET life or if I get to keep the job and actually get paid properly.
I get to keep my headphones in while I work so I use the time to listen to history podcasts/lectures which makes me feel like I'm actually doing something useful but I still miss not having responsibilities.
>>
I was NEET for 8 years. I've been working for 2 years. I fucking hate it. I have more social anxiety now than when I was NEET. I have trouble sleeping. I am paranoid.

I'm actually off work because I'm sick as a result of high-stress. My boss started taking the piss out of me at work, which made me stressed, and then my boss took the piss out of me for being stressed. I couldn't eat for a week, and now I've got an autoimmune disease. Hopefully it'll kill me.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.