[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad not to attend the funeral of someone you didnt know?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
>dads cousin dies a few days ago
>dad calls me up, wants me to attend
>feel no emotion whatsoever since I never knew her for my entire life.
>he calls me again the next day
>"Anon, the funeral is planned for tomorrow"
>make up some bullshit excuse like "I have nothing black or dark to wear"
>he can tell, that i dont want to go
>"Anon, are you going to the funeral or not?"
>20 seconds of silence
>he hangs up

I dont think he wants to talk to me for a while now. I feel like such an asshole and i probably should.
>>
>>39049133
why attend theirs if they won't attend yours ,
>>
It's to show your respect, to your father's cousin. He is basically an uncle to you.

You should do so at the very least to desensitize yourself a little bit to funerals. Your mom and dad and uncles and aunts are all going to die one day too.
>>
Ring your father back, say "I'll go dad, but mostly just to support you as I don't feel like I really knew ____ which is why I was a bit unsure before."
>>
File: tumblr_nuu4qnjkwb1trqvgco2_500.jpg (32KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuu4qnjkwb1trqvgco2_500.jpg
32KB, 500x359px
>>39049133
If you didn't feel anything for them their was no point in going Op I wouldn't worry to much about it
>>
>>39049213
>he
>uncle
>>
Dude... i didnf go to my brothers wedding cuz im not feeling it.
>>
>>39049160
why would I want the corpse of my dead cousin at my funeral?
>>
File: kek'ed.png (1MB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
kek'ed.png
1MB, 960x960px
>>39049160
Jesus christ anon, I love you.
>>
>>39049133
Just tell him the truth you autist
>>
>>39049260
Yeah, you dont have to be there for a dead person. You be there for someone else who does care.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxlUhs9J6E
>Never been much for weddings or anniversaries but
>I'd go to a funeral if I'm invited any day of the week
>>
>>39049213
>Your mom and dad and uncles and aunts are all going to die one day too.
Well yeah but I'll most likely kill myself before them so it's won't be the same thing.
>>
>>39049133
It's just about if you knew the person that passed away or not it's also about being there to try to help comfort and support others in their time of grief. Also maybe you should have tried having an actual conversation with your father about the issue like an adult instead of making up some bullshit excuses like a child.
>>
>>39049133
>>39049394
Pretty much this.
Once you've grown old enough to make your own decision, you should know you don't need to find an excuse for everything. Just tell them no and that's it.
>>
If your dad wants you to attend, attend. Be supportive of your father.
>>
File: 1499969358838.jpg (43KB, 327x406px) Image search: [Google]
1499969358838.jpg
43KB, 327x406px
Okay, this is slightly off-topic but it happened back in my college.

>one of the club member's mother passed away
>teacher-in-charge telling people in the club we should attend it

Like, what the fuck is this thinking? Would you really want random people to show up at your funeral? Not that you would be in the position to care at that point but this teacher is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>39049564
>Like, what the fuck is this thinking?
Maybe as comfort and support to the guy who lost his mother and is probably going through a hard time.
>>
>>39049647
By literally inviting randoms to attend a funeral?
>>
>>39049365
Cracked me up ffs
>>
>>39049133
You're not going for your father's dead cousin you are going for your father you dense fuck. What a terrible piece of shit you are.
>>
>>39049684
Funerals are FOR the families at this point in our culture
No one is afraid of unlaid corpses rising up as vampires, nor are they afraid of their souls not leaving earth
The funeral is to give people who cared closure and in going you'd be helping that end
You wouldn't complain if you were invited to a birthday of someone you didn't really know but all your friends were there would you?
>>
>>39049160
Fpbp jjh
>>
>>39049133
Fuck funerals, just a circle jerk woman created to turn a dead into a social event. I wil demand there wil be no funeral when I'm dead. And if I'm getting old and for some reason can't trust anyone, I'll just an slit my wrist whilst lying in a hole in the ground in the middle of a forrest.
>>
>>39050423
Nobody was going to your funeral anyway
>>
File: 1499722946247.png (726KB, 653x635px) Image search: [Google]
1499722946247.png
726KB, 653x635px
>old friend invites me to his wedding
>return invitation late
>never respond to his fb message
>>
>>39049133
You should go, even if you did not know him, it was your family.

Robots with mental problems tend to make problems in their head.

Its only 2-3h, are you busy?
>>
File: expert.jpg (81KB, 596x800px) Image search: [Google]
expert.jpg
81KB, 596x800px
>>39049133
how stupid are you really, your dad just wants all his distant relatives to see he has a son and also to not be the only one who comes by himself, funeral is a family meeting so the same rules apply, the father will meet distant relatives there, some he hasn't seen in decades, so he wants them to see he has a son so he accomplished something in life, if you look decent that's a bonus
>>
>>39049133
Always go. There is always food at the end of funerals. Unless your family is poor.
>>
>>39050770
>even if you did not know him, it was your family.

Nah, I'm with OP, who the fuck cares

I went to a funeral once for someone I didn't even know existed until the day they died, met a bunch of extended family on my dad's side. Give 0 fucks about them. Why should I?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.