[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to kids of poor parents. Do you hate your parent's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: mccurry25e-1-web.jpg (50KB, 970x606px) Image search: [Google]
mccurry25e-1-web.jpg
50KB, 970x606px
Question to kids of poor parents.

Do you hate your parent's for being poor?

Do you hate that they didn't put more effort into their life to secure a more comfortable financial status and still bring you into a miserable poor existence growing up?

Do you hate them for not giving a shit about providing a sense of self esteem to their offspring by being low achievement plebs that imprints a stain on their offspring of "being from a poor family" that can never be washed off?

Just curious.
>>
>>39009645
Define poor

Orignialnln
>>
>>39009645
My parents were semi-poor pizzaioli, but they died in an earthquake, so I guess that evens things out.
>>
>>39009645
Yes,yes, and yes. I especially hate my dad for being a complete failure fat fuck who's the laziest fucking person I know to date. Hes worked factory jobs his entire life and after decades of work at the same company he still settles for 11 an hour, fucking pathetic trash. I'm so pissed over the fact that I never had ANYONE to lookup to my whole life.
>>
>>39009645
Yes, yes and yes.
Bonus points for divorcing when I was 12
>>
File: 1465700680793.jpg (34KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1465700680793.jpg
34KB, 540x540px
Speaking not as poor or son of divorced parents, I think divorce is a much better predictor of shitty kids than poor, because being poor is really on a symptom of a bigger problem.
People who are decent human beings aren't generally poor, its usually because of a deeper problem like drug or alcohol abuse or unhealthy spouse relationship
Especially child support

Being poor and ONLY poor I don't think is the biggest deal for a child, you get maybe kinda shitty clothes, lack of braces, dont have the newest iphone, but you still got a stable loving nuclear family with minimal bad influences
>>
>>39009818
you don't know absolutely ANYTHING about life
>>
>>39009796
Your dad:
>Works his entire life
>Does physical labour
>Supported a family

You:
>Complains forums for losers
>Probably gets governmentbux

Hmm... wonder who is better than who here.
>>
>>39009859
>poor guy with divorced parents detected

Just break the cycle my friend, either dont have kids before marrying a girl then dont divorce her, or dont have sex (lets be real my senpai)
>>
>>39009897
the one on gibs of course
>>
>>39009952
Epic sarcasm friend. The whole thread really enjoyed it :)
>>
>>39009914
you couldn't even read through a simple personn like me
idk how old you are but you seem like you're a 13 year old kid who tries to be smart and thinks he knows it all
>>
>>39009645
The baby is too young to ask that question. Just ask the mother what she thinks. She's in the picture holding her baby.
>>
their financial status has never really bothered me, but them being stupid and bad with money does bother me

never being taught how to save or invest or how taxes work or mortgages or leases or liens, etc.

then dad going through 3 marriages with equally stupid women, and mom just being plain dumb

I can live without money, but being surrounded by idiots was the real problem. And as a result of being raised by idiots I'm also pretty dumb. I wouldn't want to have kids like this unless I can marry up to a smart rich woman or something.
>>
>>39009645
No, because they tried to do their best. They both had ok jobs, but kids are expensive and starting out without a house from parents or any money is hard. I'd be mad if they were lazy or something.
>>
>>39009992
It was more from my experience working with low class painters at my last job, every SINGLE one of them smoked cigarrettes and had multiple children out of wedlock

But realistically if they were actually incentivized with a loyal wife and family and didn't have any drug/alcohol problems, you can easily find a union job or start your own little handyman company

But most of them were so broken down from the 25+ years of child support they lost their golden years of physical labor
>>
>>39009645
I don't hate them for being poor. I don't hate them at all, actually. However, I do wish they never would have had me, regardless of circumstances.
>>
>>39009975
>t. assmad wagie
You know where Facebook is
>>
>>39009645
define poor

my parents ran out of food a lot we lived in a shitty house and lived paycheck to paycheck but it wasnt quite living in a broken down trailer or anything
>>
Yeah, I'm pretty mad about it, especially having me when they already could barely support themselves and my older brother. People in poverty shouldn't be having children, they should know better.
>>
>>39009645
My dad was trying very hard, I guess because he hated his own dad for treating him like shit. He died when I was 4 though, so that didn't last very long. Then my mom survived on welfare for three kids and she managed to keep the house they bought right before he died.
>>
>>39009645
>implying the kids didn't make them poor
>>
>>39010115
Why would I be mad? I make $28-33/hr while still at uni and mere cents go towards those rejects such as yourself who will never procreate and live in misery never being able to afford anything.
>>
My parents weren't poor, just foolish with their money so I got basically nothing from them except my primary and secondary education (ie no money for college, or anything after high school).

It would have been trivial for them to save up money, invest it, and be millionaires today. But they squandered it on dumb shit because they refuse to budget. I don't hate them or resent them for their foolishness, but I sure as hell make sure to correct them whenever they try to pass bad information on to my siblings (a few years ago they used to get really mad, because I wasn't doing so well with money myself, but now that my debts are paid off and I got a promotion/raise, they have to grin and bear it because my finances are excellent).
>>
>>39009645
if you hate your parents for this you're a retard, not everyone is poor because they didn't "put more effort into their life", life isn't some mmorpg, fag.
>>
>>39009897
You're god damn right I'm no better than him. He has a wife and a family (a dysfunctional family), that alone is something I'll never be able to achieve. I honestly don't know how he fuckin' did it.
>>
Not only were my parents poor drunken gamblers, my mom was 46 when she had me. Bad genes and bad environment.
>>
>>39010277
If having a family is something you want why not start working towards being able to make that happen instead of lamenting the idea that it will never be possible?
>>
>>39009645
My life would've been better if my family didn't move around so fucking much.
Probably fucked my education and job prospects because of it.
>>
>>39010359
Military? Military brats move around a lot and most of them turn out decent enough to get by.
>>
>>39010359
my parents moved alot too, never out of the city though. Still, growing up the very few friends i ever made i only got to keep them for about a year or two.
>>
>>39010314
What you're saying is just so bizarre to me. That's just so out of the realm of possibilities there no way in this universe I'll ever come close to that, even if I was an 9 inch dick 7ft tall whitest white male, nothing will fix ME my personality is just shit.
>>
>>39010388
Not him, but my cousin moved around all the time growing up and eventually went from Oregon to somewhere in the south because his mommy had tax issues with the state. She was also religious as fuck and almost didn't let me get a ham sandwich at some sandwich shop.
>>
File: IMG_1335.png (112KB, 281x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1335.png
112KB, 281x300px
I resent my mom a LOT and openly tell her she's the typical whore who fucked around with a piece of shit alpha and forced us to struggle through my childhood because she couldn't keep her legs closed and lacked the IQ + Drive to give me a decent life.

She depends on me for money now so she just bows her head and accepts it.
>>
>>39010469
>giving her money
She's laughing at you behind your back. Beta as fuck.
>>
>>39009645
I hate my mother for having me when she knew she couldn't take care of me, especially as a single mother. She was employed at a grocery store when I was young but now she's on welfare
>>
>>39010431
You can change your personality dude. Step one should be leaving /r9k/. If you're not a normal person to begin with this place is fucking toxic. The amount of disinformation and scare mongering presented as fact is unreal. It's the only place of its kind beyond Wizardchan. How old are you?
>>
>>39010499
Dude, she's still my mudda
>>
Yeah i do, my life would have been so much better if my parents made better choices in life. Poor people should be banned from having kids
>>
>tfw your mom made you promise you'd stay with her and never go to college
>tfw you actually did it
the absolute madman
>>
>>39009796
You sound like a huge piece of shit desu
>>
I do resent the lack of money, but I do still love them, evil people don't exist, dumb people do.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.