[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he do wrong? I read his memo. It wasn't even that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5

File: file.jpg (90KB, 965x542px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
90KB, 965x542px
What did he do wrong? I read his memo. It wasn't even that bad. Am I missing something?
>>
>>38993218
SJW's got butthurt because he chose to look at sex (gender) critically instead of blindly worshipping women
>>
>>38993218
He violated against company policy (no matter what your politics -- that's career suicide) and caused Google a PR nightmare.
>>
>>38993281
Did he go against there policies? He was certainly critical of their policies in the memo, like his views on their "diversity" initiatives. But it seems like he just spoke his mind. He's suing Google
>>
>>38993281
Yeah, pretty much. You can think whatever you want. But don't fucking CC everyone in the company.

Also, fuck this spoiled little shit. He made something like $160k/yr and he has the stones to compare Google to Soviet Russia? Enjoy your new career at Best Buy you dummy.
>>
I can't believe Moot took the job offer. Thought he cared about user privacy online but now he's working for NSA's fuckbuddy.
>>
>>38993317
They have a policy against creating hostile work environments based on gender or race (having a three-thousand word essay ranting about gender does that). And making your place of work hit the news so hard that your CEO has to cut their vacation short in order to handle it is going to bring down the hammer.

>But it seems like he just spoke his mind.
Can't exactly do that at work. It isn't a public space. Companies retain the right to fire you over any reason they want.

>He's suing Google
He's not going to win. He was fired for violating policies set by his place of work. No judge is going to give him leeway. Plus the women at Google, who now have expressed that they feel the company is a hostile work environment simply because he was one of their employees, can easily be called to testify at court and further cement his fate.
>>
>>38993317
My inner HR manager would say that he'd have been terminated for views and opinions antithetical to the company philosophy and corporate culture. Which is a valid reason for terminating an employee.
>>
>>38993438
>Companies retain the right to fire you over any reason they want.
except for reasons of race or faggotry of course
>>
called out the fact there is a bigger focus on a status quo of diverse employees instead of simply hiring the most qualified person for a job in a memo
>>
>>38993550
Well, that encroaches on civil rights issue, which makes it another problem, and blurs the line on what American employers can fire their employees over.
>>
>>38993218
>What did he do wrong?
He isn't Chad and he couldn't get away with saying this
>>
>>38993218
Yes.

Google is a left wing organization and most companies have "at will" employment policies.

You can be fired for pretty much any reason if you are a white male.
>>
>>38993749
>You can be fired for pretty much any reason if you are a white male
nice victim complex
>>
File: IMG_2478.jpg (89KB, 640x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2478.jpg
89KB, 640x434px
>>38993218
>not linking the memo
>>
>>38993550
Wrong, sexual orientation is not a protected minority group

although any boss who fires someone for being gay doesn't wanna be the first to set precedent for that, no shit nobody is gonna be fired for being gay. It's effectively protected
>>
>>38993218
didnt he state that women are less capable of coding than men because of brain differences? i dont care enough to read the memo but that isnt true
>>
>>38993696
>that encroaches on civil rights issue
No one has a fucking right to force someone to employ them.
>>
>>38993772
As far as I'm aware all the memos out right now have been edited.
>>
>>38993218
Google is ran by Jews and hardcore SJWs
>>
>>38993773
a handful of states actually do have laws protecting them from sexual orientation, like California.
and on a side note all federal government jobs are prohibited from barring employment because of sexual orientation
>>
>>38993763
Unlike SJW talking points, that's actually a fact.
>>
>>38993809
oh no, nothing really evil could possibly ever go on, never happens!
>>
>>38993787
They do if the reason for not hiring them is discriminatory. Jobs are a right.
>>
>>38993218
What if this was a plot by ((them)) to make people protest google and switch to bing?
>>
>>38993218
As someone with a passing familiarity with evo science, his understandings are really misinformed. His arguments are framed poorly, often seated within his own ignorance and misunderstanding of women. He also fails to recognize that if men are more suited to the work, evo science's simplest explanation would be that the work is considered sexually advantageous to males. Men are very attracted to frontiers/exploration for sexual gains.
>>
Be born white desu.
>>
>>38993783
My gut reaction is to call bullshit. Got anything to back up women being exactly as good or better than men at coding? All evidence points to the opposite.
>>
>>38994041
>They do if the reason for not hiring them is discriminatory. Jobs are a right.
Every reason for firing someone is "discriminatory" you fucking retard. And no jobs are not a right.
>>
>>38994088
>misunderstanding of women

what did he say that was wrong? Isn't it generally considered women are more interested in social activities than solidarity?
>>
This is why we should not give power to big corporations.
>>
>>38994124
my girlfriend is quite good at coding/ software engineering. she doesn't believe in the whole diversity thing though and thinks that most women she works with cannot do their jobs
>>
>>38994252
>my girlfriend

gotcha normie. this thread was all a trap to out you.

Get him boys.
>>
>>38994041
>jobs are a right
Arbeit macht frei
>>
>>38994124
excluding anecdotal evidence like >>38994252
you can search up meta analysis on gender differences and see that the deviation on things like mathematical deduction, logical thinking, and even competitiveness all have a standard deviation of less than 10%.
now of course theres the fact that much less amount of women go into the tech field (for seperate reasons of an argument) so it would seem to stand that much more men would be getting a job that they are directly going to by the simple fact that theres a higher probability of a man being better than a woman since they completely outnumber them in that certain field
>>
>>38994252
My girlfriend has an 8" dick and shits spiders. She is special and not like the other girls. It sounds like yours can code, is anti-diversity, and is special not like the other girls. While it's nice to meet another guy with a shiny gf our anecdotal experiences really can't be used to generalize women who are exactly like the other girls.
>>
>>38993218
He was fired for "perpetuating gender stereotypes" when his memo is very tame and he put in all the disclaimers necessary but apparently that wasn't enough. Terrible move on Google's part. This is going to be a huge step in opposing the leftist SJW agendas.

Watch these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1vEfqHGro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEDuVF7kiPU
>>
>>38993773
It is in California you ignorant FUCK

im so triggered right now http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=GOV&sectionNum=12940.
>>
>>38993281
What did he exactly violate by asking people questions?

It wasn't him who leaked the memo.

He was forced like most people at Google to attend secret meetings to discuss "diversity" and he saw how wrong it was so he made the document to discuss it with other Google employees.
His document is fully sourced and backed up by mountains of data and facts well accepted within the scientific community.

>>38993373
>Enjoy your new career at Best Buy you dummy.
Lmao if you really think that. He's going to get rich because of this story. Not even counting all the good jobs that he's being offered.

>>38993438
>They have a policy against creating hostile work environments based on gender or race
They do exactly that in those "diversity" meetings. They have programs that are only available for certain races/genders.
How's that not racist exactly? How is speaking against this madness deserving of a punishment?
>>
>>38993373
>He made something like $160k/y
lol no. he was an l5 swe, he could be clearing 2x that depending on when he got his stock grant
>>
>>38994219
Well, it's important to actually understand what being "more interested in social activities" means literally. Generally it is agreed that young men and women, given a piece of paper with a list on that includes "talking, computers, shoes, music, painting, math," etc., people are more likely to circle certain things *slightly* differently based upon their gender.

To suggest that this bias would be the reason women are less represented at google is a huge leap of logic. That's a really kind of way of saying that it's a stupid idea.
>>
>>38993783
Just got done reading it in it's entirety, and no, he never claims or even implies that. It is a very centrist, rationalist document
>>
>>38993438
the idea for the lawsuit would be to run on the idea that his memo was hostile in no shape or form.
>>
>>38994615
>the idea for the lawsuit would be to run on the idea that his memo was hostile in no shape or form.
well it was clearly hostile to the many women who are saying it is
>>
>>38993438
>having a three-thousand word essay ranting about gender does that

holy shit IT WASN'T A FUCKING RANT

it wasn't a "manifesto", a "creed", or any of the absurd labels attached to it

As far as I could tell, it was a long essay sent to an open user group within Google. It easily could've been ignored internally, but the butthurt within the company caused it to spread and for outsiders to get ahold of it eventually.

Thought experiment: if I simply sneeze one time, am I creating a hostile work environment? Probably not -- and yet, if enough people act like I'm spreading the plague, that's exactly what it'll seem like.
>>
>>38994628
Terms like "hostile workplace" and "harassment" have actual meanings, and this ain't it.
>>
He just rehashed a bunch of modern psychology and Jordan Peterson and got wrecked by SJW's. It worked out pretty well for him though, he's getting job offers all over the place. Remember, if you're in a high position and have a lot going for you, YOU CAN afford to fight back.
>>
>>38994744
>he's getting job offers all over the place

Source?
>>
>>38994760
Watch the Jordan Peterson interview, he talks about it there. If you wait I can find the exact time frame. In the more public eye, he got offers from Julian Assange.
>>
>>38993218
The only worse thing than a heathen is a heretic. They pretty much hate him for being the wrong kind of feminist.
>>
>>38994777
>>38994760
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agU-mHFcXdw&t=1061s

13:31 watch from then onward.
>>
>>38994777
>job offers from Julian Assange
>>
>>38994816
You wouldn't want to work at Wikileaks? Think of all the cool shit you could learn and do. Sure, maybe you'd get assassinated but who cares?
>>
>>38994831
I dunno. Working for a wanted guy doesn;t sound like a good way to start off my career. Isn't he stuck in some embassy?
>>
>>38994865
He is stuck in an embassy, he was kept there for years because a girl pressed false rape charges on him that FINALLY got dropped... but now he's there for... look... it's a complicated as shit story really. He did nothing wrong. But he has a shit ton of influence and money and the people working for him are power players. You kind of HAVE TO BE a power player if you're working with information that people would kill to not have released. In terms of security and law at the very least.
>>
>>38994865
That sounds like the best way to fuck with google.

Imagine all the leaks you'd get from redpilled tech employees stuck in left wing Bay Area hell.
>>
White cucks btfo, hahah suck that dick
>>
>>38993438
It doesn't matter if they retain a right to "fire him for whatever reason they want" we can still say it wasn't justified
>>
>>38994760
Fox News wants to hire him as an on air commentator of course.
>>
>>38995162
Did you read the document?
>>
>>38993373
he was a senior SoftEng mate, he was clearing minimum 250k

Also it doesnt matter what he did PR wise, he'll find another juicy job quickly

As much as tech wants to pretend they care about SJWs, talent still wins
>>
>>38993783
No it doesn't say that at all, who the fuck told you that?
>>
why did the guy who created a pr nightmare for google get fired? it is impossible to say.
>>
>>38994088
>passing familiarity
i.e. "I myself know sweet fuck all but"
>>
>>38995378
>Talking about problems is hard and gets people upset, let's just ignore them and silence anyone who brings them up!
>So long as we avoid conflict everything will be fine :)

Imagine if people used this kind of reasoning in their day to day lives... oh wait, we know what happens. We get a bunch of useless depressed morons like you posting who regret their entire lives because they were too afraid to do anything. Please tell me how anyone can reasonably be expected to survive, or prosper even, if they just shove all problems under the rug?
>>
>>38995378
Presumably whoever leaked the document didn't get fired
>>
>>38995389
Shut up. She knows much more than the guy with a PhD in Biology from Harvard, are you a fucking sexist or something? Girls can be smart too.
>>
>>38995436
why are you reacting to something i didn't say dude. he was fired because he was costing them a lot more money to deal with the fallout than what value he was providing the company

it's not ideological its purely $$$$ dumbass
>>
>>38993218
>how it's shit to work for google
>fired
>turns out google has a shitty work environment long before the memo's release
>due to the publicity the memo got all eyes are on google and now they getting sued by the memo maker and some 60 women for the bad work environment
How to fuck up 101 by google
>>
>>38995478
It's actually pretty great to work for Google, honestly.
>>
>>38994777
>worshipping jordan peterson
i was with him only as far as the making it illegal to misgender someone = hate speech stuff
all his other nonsense is so fucking cringy

>>38994615
>>38994628
Women gonna weasel their way out of everything
fucking cunts
>>
>>38995378
firing him is an even worse PR nightmare. all they had to do was talk to him, let him release another statement saying's , pretend like they engaged in discussion, then the whole thing would have been dropped.
>>
File: kodewithkarlie.png (1MB, 1357x1281px) Image search: [Google]
kodewithkarlie.png
1MB, 1357x1281px
>women can't into progra-
>>
>>38995499
>firing him is an even worse PR nightmare
lol

i get that it gets /pol/ all worked up but the rest of the world wants facile liberalism baby
>>
>>38995548
this tbqh
as much as I think it was a bad idea to fire him, most people will just be rah rah fuck da haters (ie people who don't agree with our ideology)

Nothing he said was outwardly bad
it was descriptive and not prescriptive
>>
>>38995300
Honestly, I think having this history is going to do more for you in this industry than being a woman or gay.

This is an industry of MRAs.
>>
>>38995389
Kind of. I mean, I don't specialize in it but, James Damore's comments about it are nonsense and you don't need a PHD to figure out why.

Even that "4 psychologists look at James Damore's memo" article resulted in 4 people agreeing that his understanding of evo science was wrong.
>>
>>38994088
he never even said they would be better at it. All he said was that more men might have an interest in coding then women.

>passing familiarity
wtf does that even mean. Thats somthing you say about a model of car because you drove it as a rental.
>>
>>38993218
>What did he do wrong?

Was not chaddy enough.
>>
>>38993763
Only niggers have victim complexes
>>
>>38995810
>wtf does that even mean. Thats somthing you say about a model of car because you drove it as a rental.
I'm a psych student. I'm not specializing in evo psychology.

It's very unreasonable to use these facts to bolster your argument unless you understand them intimately and that's kind of my point. Like, I've read about it, and on a basic level, looking at the guy's memo, I can see leaps of logic immediately. But it's not my specialization. Just being honest about that.

That said, evo psych experts do disagree with the memo and its use of the data cited.
>>
>>38993218
cant I get a quick rundown for somebody who lives under a rock
>>
>>38995491
t. Moot
>>
>>38996449
>guy pens an essay prompting discussion on questionable business habits
>maybe we should hire based on merit while still promoting women and minorities to enter the field
>to the people I'm sending this to, what are your thoughts?
>ps kill all niggers and Jews, women belong in the kitchen, fags should be hanged

Basically what he wrote in a nutshell
>>
>>38996622

>ps kill all niggers and Jews, women belong in the kitchen, fags should be hanged

Source on this part?
>>
>>38996761
All the copies available online were censored for obvious reasons. You'll have to visit rebbit or dumblr to see the juicy parts. It's hidden in technical speak but if you translate that's definitely the message being sent.
>>
Does Google own a Hall of Tolerance?
>>
>All the cucks defending google
how low has 4chan fallen
>>
File: 1492411277008.png (442KB, 533x358px) Image search: [Google]
1492411277008.png
442KB, 533x358px
>>38993749
>Company has clear policies
>Break them
>"wow you can be fired for pretty much any reason if you are a white male"
lol
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.