[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Anxiety

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1460001367016.png (198KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1460001367016.png
198KB, 500x375px
I literally start shaking when I meet someone new or when I have to speak in front of more than two people.

This is crippling me, how do I counter this? Should I see a doctor?
>>
I've never seen a doctor about it and it doesn't get any better. Don't go to a doctor, they give you drugs that will kill you in the long run. You can do it yourself, it will just feel awful. The only way to cure yourself is by talking to people... I can't even talk to people in games without shaking its bad.
>>
>>38993164
Join a boxing gym. Do lots of sparring. You'll never be scared of another man (or woman for that matter) again
>>
File: 56274428_p5.png (258KB, 666x843px) Image search: [Google]
56274428_p5.png
258KB, 666x843px
we're fucked. give up and watch anime.
t. wzards
>>
Go to therapy, get on a behavioural therapy regimen. Maybe some beta blockers or some anxiety meds to help you start.
Don't try to do it on your own, it won't work.
>>
>>38993184
this is bullshit. don't listen to this dumbass.

you don't need to go on anti-depressants. if you are shaking that means you are really nervous, and a drug that can help with that is called propranolol. it is a take as-needed prescription medicine under the category of "beta-blockers"

it's easy to get as its not very dangerous or abusable. just get an appointment with ur doc, and ask if beta blockers are right for you.
>>
>>38993185
I already do mma.
I'm not scared of physical violence, but for some reason social interaction just makes me choke up and shake and makes my brain shut down. It's a noticeable thing too, like I will be mid speech and suddenly my brain pretty much shuts down from the overload.
>>
>>38993235
desu
I've had anxiety and depression for a year now but I still think going to a doctor would be the worst thing for me. Is it bad that I've begun to hate everyone in my life including my family?
>>
>>38993273

if not go to doc, then can u buy it on deepweb?

and idk about the whole hate my family shit
>>
>>38993235
Beta blockers fixed the shaking for me, it even helped with the dread. It's like anything really- do it enough and it becomes normal. But in saying that I'm still on Beta blockers to this day and hey if you ever meet a performer - you'll have a nice cash flow......allegedly. ;)
>>
>>38993185
Not him but I'm a black belt. I still have crippling anxiety. I tend to forget when I'm fighting, unless I'm center stage with everyone watching. Then I lose focus and start to get panic attacks (although I am able to hide it well). I stopped going to my gym because I missed several months due to being homeless, and now I'm back on my feet I'm afraid to go back. Kill me already.
>>
Beta lockers for anxiety manifesting physically with shakes or redface.

Benzo for calming anxiety attacks.

psilocybin for life.
>>
>>38993184
wish i could agree bud. Not OP but cant do an exam for anything at all. Im so screwed i even resorted to taking vicegrips to rip out a bothersom tooth
>>
>>38993164
start drinking
no seriously, alcohol really does help you interact with people
after a while you'll realize that ou can still do it even when youre not drunk
except i still drink every day anyways...
>>
I wish I could do things like go for a run outside or go to the gym, but I dont because im too fucking scared of what other people will think of me.
>>
>>38994127
You're not missing much. Being fit literally doesn't change anything for me.

When you have anxiety you will find a reason any reason to be anxious about.
>>
>>38994203
Ive done nothing but sit in front of a computer for 5 years, my posture is fucked and im gaining weight, I really need to exercise but cant cause of this anxiety.
>>
Same here Op.

I thought I grew out of it after graduating from high school, but recently an attractive chick was assigned to my group in college, which caused me to start jittering while looking down at the floor. Pretty depressing shit since I don't really have any control over it.
>>
>>38994233
I exercise regularly and am relatively fit but I am just as anxious and depressed as you are, I wouldn't worry about it. Atleast you don't spaghetti whenever you have to interact with people

>>38994330
Same. I recently worked up enough courage and got a girl's number and I could tell she was anxious (she was shaking also) while giving me my phone, but what is even the point of making a move when I know I will spaghetti and I will reveal that I am an empty husk of man if she even responds
>>
>>38994233
If you leave near the ocean just run a few Ks along the beach, very seclude if you can get far away from the beach entrance.

Also being fit and doing excise is good for your health and to fix a distorted sleep scheduled which NEETs tend to have.

I would never go to a gym desu.
>>
>>38993164
Stop jacking off too much.
>>
>>38994560
mem

i didnt jack off for a month and my social anxiety didnt change whatsoever
>>
Is there a way to cure social anxiety if you can't go to a doctor?

I don't think talking to people is an option because I can't even talk to my family without sweating and heavy breathing. I don't even want to imagine talking to people in public for no reason.
>>
>>38994610
fuck, I remember the sweating. I got over that at least, but that was fucking awful.
>>
>>38993164
What helped me was watching youtubers talk to random people like they were some sort of acquaintance and then learning that most people can't be fucked to deal with you in the first place
>>
prolonged face-to-face conversations make me ill and chilly.
>>
Do it enough times and you'll learn to control the shaking
>>
>literally shaking

oreganolio
>>
As someone which had severe general anxiety and a panic disorder I can tell you with authority the following works:

8hrs of sleep(sleep before midnight)
Remove curtains from room(or 1 if you have light shining on monitor)
Jog for 30mins 3 times a week
Eat way less sugary shit
More greens(kale, broccoli, spinach)
2x Ashwagandha from solgar & any green tea
Multivitamin(labdoor.com to find)
4g creatine and whey protien if you're skinny
Remove all negative news sources & influences(inc music), if something bad happens you will hear about it from radio/social media/>friends/family
Download spotify on your phone, download a standup playlist, put it on whenever you are in a bus, car, etc.
Stop judging everyone negativley; litterally sit on a bench and find something good about everyone which passes
Meditiation, mingyur rinpoche(youtube)
Fix posture(head should be straight when walking, not looking down, youtube for more)
Watch julienhimself on youtube if you feel apathetic/empty/emotionless & download goodnewsnetwork app
Start looking for a job, anything social(sales, office, government) lie through your teeth on cv with out of business companies you 'worked with for years'.
If you feel bad or get bloated stomach when you eat certain allergens(soy, gluten, etc) stop eating that type of food for a while. All allergens are marked in bold on ingredients.
Amazon is your friend for buying stuff

I know whoever reads this will want to dismiss what I've posted immidiatley but instead just follow the advice for 2 weeks and see what happens.
The answer isn't i an a pill. You are treating symptoms instead of the cause.
>>
>>38993164
You are socially atrophied.

You must build strength. Begin regimen, or else you will have no braingains.
>>
>>38993164
I had a panic attack on the spaghetti aisle. My psyche is making me do exposure therapy where supposedly the more I express myself to the aggressor the more comfortable I'm supposed to get. But I feel like an idiot and like I'm just getting better at resisting shaking not that I'm actually changing. I just have better control of my motor functions.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.