[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate being polite Everyone's such a sensitive little

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

File: 2Q==.jpg (8KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
8KB, 292x173px
I hate being polite

Everyone's such a sensitive little flower that if you ask them for something and don't say thanks they get upset. They need to be thanked for their effort, even when it's in their own interest to do the thing. My local shopkeeper is acting like a sulking teenager because I don't engage in small talk and avoid eye contact. My jobcentre advisor sanctions me if I'm 5 minutes late because I don't ask how she is or respond to her attempts at banter. My flatmate doesn't talk to me anymore because all I ever said to him was "hi".

I wish people weren't so fragile, it's so much effort to fake literally every interaction I have with people and I just don't bother anymore.
>>
We could be best friends, OP.
>>
File: 2826.deadpan.jpg (18KB, 168x250px) Image search: [Google]
2826.deadpan.jpg
18KB, 168x250px
>doing through door as same time as someone else
>they stand there and hold the door open smiling at you
>actually expect you to squeeze between their body and the door and thank them
>take a few steps back and wait for them to pass
>walk towards the door
>apply substantial force such that I can walk in a straight line through the doorway without having to swerve sharply to avoid it falling back on me
>>
>>38983832
Manners are the backbone of civilization. They are designed to make things more pleasant and enjoyable. There's nothing more autistic than someone needlessly rude.

One time I was on a date with a girl and she brought up a story that involved her sucking some dudes dick a couple years ago. It was so rude and disgusting I walked out of the date and never talked to her again. Not because she sucked some dudes dick a couple years ago, but because she was so fucking rude to bring that up on a date with someone she barely knew. A perfectly good girl that I actually liked and could have built a perfectly good relationship with, ruined because she had no manners.

Imagine you like some girl and you're talking and getting to know each other and she tells you you're ugly and she wishes you were taller. Now that's forever in your head, now that's all you'll be able to think about when you're with her. Now you're insecure and will probably never try to make a move on her all because she was rude and had no manners.

Politeness is a patrician quality and part of the reason society sucks so much now is because roasties have been taught abandoning it is empowering and they've lost all sense of decorum.
>>
>>38983891
I like playing video games and watching sci fi movies and anime.

>>38983982
>Let me hold open this door for you when you're 30ft away and then wait to be thanked
>>
>>38984067
To me rudeness is this:

>Throwing your items onto the counter
>Shouting "HOW MUCH"
>Throwing the money on the counter
>"GIVE ME A BAG"

I don't think it's rude to just put my stuff on the counter, wait for him to tell me how much then hand him the money and leave with my shit.
>>
>>38983832
>>38983891
>>38983982
These posts contain autism and should not be read
>>
>>38984067
So you're saying you want to be lied to because you're too sensitive to handle the truth?

She sucked some guys dick, can't handle hearing it then tell her you don't wanna hear about it. Simple.
>>
You sound like a poorly socialized child.
>>
>>38984245
>>38984215
>>38984067
For the first 20 years of my life I did the polite, civil routine. Nobody ever liked me, some found me annoying, some found me weird, some found me boring.

So why even bother? I might as well put in as little effort as possible if it's gonna have the same effect.
>>
I'm just like OP. Everyone's first assumption of me is that I hate them. And then it's "he's scary" or "he doesn't have emotions"

You guys can hate all you want but I enjoy living like this. Keeping away from all the fake
>>
I hate to be rude to be perfectly fair and honest. I don't like to make people upset and it costs nothing to be polite.
>>
>>38984297
For the first 20 years of my life I did the polite not shitting my pants in public routine. Nobody ever liked me or congratulated me for not filling my underwear with soft serve.

So why even bother? I might as well put in as little effort as possible if it's gonna have the same effect.
>>
>>38984241
>So you're saying you want to be lied to because you're too sensitive to handle the truth?

No, I'm saying walking up to someone and telling them they're ugly and walk like a faggot is rude and uncivilized behavior. Being polite isn't lying, it's just keeping your mouth shut and not acting like an autistic retard who doesn't know how to behave
>>
>>38984209
If he speaks to you and you autistically ignore him and pretend he doesn't exist then that's rude.
>>
>>38984363
>it costs nothing to be polite.

It takes effort and most people don't deserve it
>>
>>38984388
Very funny anon

Now are you ready to post an actual rebuttal or was that all you had to say?
>>
I have a speak only when spoken to unless I needs something policy

I always say "thanks" to retail and service workers though
>>
>>38984241
>can't handle hearing it then tell her you don't wanna hear about it. Simple.

That's what manners are. That's what we're discussing. Manners are the rules like "I don't want to hear about this" that should go without saying. You should have to tell someone you don't want to hear about their fantasies of raping your mother, that should go without saying. That's literally the definition of what manners are, the things that should go without saying.
>>
>>38984297
yanno there's something between being an over-the-top disingenuous niceguy and being a miserable, thankless toady.

just little passing micro-moments of courtesy. dont bend over backwards to be the nicest person everyone meets. don't expect anyone to even notice. just think "could i do something in 2 seconds to make this situation a little less shit? would i like to see that happen?"

dont live your life like a caregiver to all humanity but dont become a rotten little ball of bitter self obsession.
>>
>>38984412
>He says "Hello boss! How're you today?"
>I say "Uhh...Hi, alright."
>He tries to engage in small talk
>I reply with one word answers hoping he takes the hint
>He keeps trying this routine until he realises I'm not interested and starts sulking and all he says to me now is the price
>>
>>38984438
>he doesn't understand that it was in fact a rebuttal
Brainlets, I'm tellin' ya!
>>
>>38984438
Not him, but that was a rebuttal. Your argument is saying you've never benefited from politeness so why should you be polite, and he used hyperbole to point out the absurdity of dropping civilized behavior just because you haven't directly benefited from it
>>
>>38984325
This

I just have one of those faces so everyone thinks I'm miserable and angry and proceeds to tell me so which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy

>>38984474
I don't care about other people and how awkward they feel, I want my shit and I want to go home. End of.
>>
>>38984421
Think of it as self-serving effort then. People don't like to deal with people who are unpleasant.
>>
>>38984503
>>38984484
Nobody wants to shit themselves though, so it's a retarded comparison. You don't not shit yourself for other peoples sake, you do it so you don't get shit on yourself.
>>
>>38984524
Well fuck them then, like I care what they like or dislike. They should be grateful I'm giving them my time.
>>
>>38984542
Hyperbole is a common literacy technique used to convey a point, you should read into it. The point he made is valid and counters yours.
>>
>>38984438
well he actually makes a point. nobody expects to get rewarded with an avalanche of tendies for showing some common courtesy or taking a beat to help someone else along the way. being mannerless is disgusting. if people are already indifferent to you, they'll start actively going out off their way to not deal with you. as in, finding reasons to fire you, blowing off plans with you, ending your roomate status on pretense. you'll end up that greased up, hunched over guy that nobody knows how or why hes alive and lurks around at bars until he's kicked out every night. blaming everything but your own decisions for your misery. but hey, at least you wont have to say please and thank you anymore.
>>
>>38984542
>I don't understand it, so it's retarded!
>>
>>38984565
I don't care about hyperbole and I don't care about his stupid pants shitting argument, I don't want to be polite to people so I'm not.

End of, now fuck off wanker.
>>
>>38984560
>like I care what they like or dislike.

Your resentment for them proves you care and proves how bitter you are for being on the disliked end of society
>>
>>38984515
you should probably get ssi and just never leave your house. we're better off without you.
>>
>>38984581
I'd feel much better about myself than spending every day lying for the sake of some fragile little cunts ego
>>
>>38984601
Oh fuck off Freud, none of that shit matters.

People don't like me even when I'm polite so I'm giving it up because I hate doing it anyway. Go analyse your mothers cunt hairs.
>>
>>38984592
>I don't care about discourse and the fact my point has been beaten, I want to sperg out at society with impotent anger

We know anon, you've already demonstrated this. It's just important to point out that your argument was beaten just so you don't get filled with delusions that you're the logical one here
>>
>still shitflinging
>>
File: IMG_1583.jpg (86KB, 508x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1583.jpg
86KB, 508x508px
>>38984542
>he fell for the bathroom jew
>he doesn't wear adult diapers
>>
>>38984781
>Wahh if you don't say nice things to me when you ask for the bread I'll be upset and hold a grudge against you

Do you not realise how fucking idiotic you sound?
>>
>>38984809
It's an opinion, you can't "beat" it because it's just what I believe and how I live. This isn't a debate thread where everyone plays devils avocado.
>>
>>38984808

Not even trolling but are you autistic?

Your lack of self awareness is impressive.
>>
>End of,
Holy fuck I've never read such passive aggressiveness . Imagine being this delusional.
>>
>>38984783
if anything you sound like the fragile one. your sense of personal exceptionalism is so tremendous that its an affront to have even the slightest passing consideration for anyone else. You're just an angry anthrophobic baby. if you are the center of the universe and nobody else matters, why even complain to us that your absence of manners turns everyone off from you?
>>
>>38984846
When someones "opinion" is based on faulty logic that you can easily point out the flaws in, it can indeed be "beaten." It's faulty logic, and you had the logic laid out why it's faulty. At this point you're conciously choosing to follow faulty logic.

Again, your choice. Go ahead and turn in the Golum of society, hated by all for being needlessly antagonistic. We're just pointing out how shitty your logic is
>>
>>38984831
why does my opinion even matter to you if you already think youre making the right decision. i dont matter anyway right? no way i couldve hurt your feelings because im an insect.
>>
>>38984863
pretty sure he's trolling. but its a fun discussion to have.
>>
>>38984325
This. Politeness is fake and unnecessary. Honestly, I don't give a shit about strangers.
>how are you?
>have a good day
etc. I don't care about how you're feeling and if you have a good day or not. It's extremely bothersome when I simply want to shop and cashiers blab the same repeated scripts to appear nice. At the end of the day, they don't know me and likely wouldn't like me if they did. Society makes me cringe.
>>
>>38984952
i'd say work a cashier job and actually have fun passing conversations with people periodically. but you're obviously way to brilliant and special to have all your talents wasted ringing up people at the dollar store. if only somebody would notice and give you the chance at the game designer job you're cut out for, right?
>>
>>38984909
You haven't done anything to change my mind about politeness.

Congratulations, you wasted your time to feel like you deserve a pat on the back.
>>
>>38984920
I'm killing time, that's all
>>
>>38985018
>It's impossible to get through to me with logically sound arguments, so I win!

You should not be proud of this anon
>>
>>38985006
I actually did work as a cashier for some time. I quit because I was annoyed by everyone and the environment was very fake. I just want to be left alone. Everyone can piss off.
>>
>>38985055
then why are you complaining about it to people here? you're already being left alone and people were already ignoring you. mission a-fucking-complished.
>>
>>38985054
I don't care what you think.

I don't care about being "logical", I'm a human being not a fucking computer I'll do what I feel like doing and if you don't like it then tough titties. I know you feel proud of yourself for poking holes in what I do and saying I'm dumb for doing it but I still don't care.

I don't care even if it is illogical, I prefer not being polite so that's what I do and will continue to do.
>>
>>38985042
so youre just a warm body patiently waiting for death? god damn. i know its cliche for people to say 'kill yourself' as an insult here, but really why not just go for it? this world has nothing for you, if there's anyone left that cares for you, im sure they'll grieve but then get over it and move on. you being alive literally has no effect on anyone except for the momentary points where you're forced to be around them. and then your impact is a negative one that even you don't like.

just get it over with bro.
>>
>>38985118
if you dont care then why are you....well....caring? this conversation shouldn't even exist if it doesnt matter.
>>
>>38985218
Like I said, I'm killing time. Pay attention.
>>
>>38985251
well then read what i said here.
>>38985174
>>
File: 1488692013421.jpg (164KB, 551x491px) Image search: [Google]
1488692013421.jpg
164KB, 551x491px
>live in non english speaking country
>fucking language has "polite-pronouns" and verbs dedicated to it
>indoctrinated since little to use them with everyone
>I use them with almost everyone if they're not in my age range (+5 or so years)
>Am unsure when to use them or not

It's painful and I hate it. Even when I order pizza and the delivery boy is around my age I use the fucking polite pronoun-verb combo. My friends have no problem adressing directly and informal, I simply can't.

I understand being nice to each other and all, but now that I look back at it, this shit is simply putting you under control. And it worked, they chained me where others with more self-confidence or what it requires escaped. In other words I tagged myself as inferior to others.
>>
>>38985174
>but really why not just go for it?

Because humans have a natural aversion to suicide and as much as I hate interacting with people I have to do it so little I don't feel suicidal
>>
>>38985090
How can you not understand me, retard? I'm saying when I shop and I am the customer, cashiers still repeat the same fake bullshit to me. When I worked as a cashier I didn't bother to ask such nonsense, but customers would still ask how I'm doing, if I like my job, etc.
>>
>>38985291
painful to use polite pronouns and verbs.

jesus mary and joseph you're more skinless and tender than the a genderfluid lgbtqia college feminist cuckold antifa attention whore...who somehow also supports trump...
>>
>>38985118
>I don't care about being "logical", I'm a human being not a fucking computer
>but fuck society and other human beings! I don't have to act like them or behave socially!

You're a living joke
>>
>>38985319
so you're a coward too. gotcha. i hope you live a long life surrounded by outgoing, good looking people who are constantly engaging and give you lots of attention.
>>
>>38985433
the fuck is your deal anon? just because some people hate being polite because its fake, you hate us?
>>
>>38985474
Politeness, is literally, by definition, how you treat other people around you. That's literally what we're talking about. You are literally defending treating everyone around you like shit. Yes people hate people who treat them like shit. You are the bad guy hear, don't pretend you're some victim of mean old society when you're the one consciously walking around treating everyone like shit.
>>
>>38985517
>bad guy hear
>hear
You're an idiot too. I simply see no reason for why I should be nice to others, specifically strangers. I don't know them or care about them. What did they do to deserve my kindness?
>>
>>38985474
yep. what, like im gonna care about what you think?
>>
>>38985629
>defending politeness while being rude
Sad!
>>
>>38985653
you make that sound like i should care. you literally don't matter.
>>
>>38985377
You're dumb.

Polite pronouns are an actual thing outside english language.
Take german for example.

You have "du" you use with people that are equal or inferior to you and you also have "Sie" which is a higher-you.

Just like how english used to have thou and you at the same time, until it was dropped in favour for a single pronoun.
>>
>>38985609

How does it feel to be angsty and underage?
>>
>>38985609
>. I simply see no reason for why I should be nice to others, specifically strangers. I don't know them or care about them. What did they do to deserve my kindness?

Again, we are pointing out how stupid you are, not trying to change your decision. Go ahead and live however we want. I'm just telling you how retarded you are for complaining that people hate you when this entire thread is you parading around how proud you are that you treat people like shit everywhere you go
>>
>>38985706
I'm bilingual and English has this exact same thing. You call people sir or ma'am sometimes or Mr. Lastname if the context requires. English isn't devoid of this.
>>
>>38985706
so you let your nuts get twisted because you have to use wordage everyone else uses that sounds like youre exalting the person youre talking to? words really matter that much to your ego and what level of respect you get? god damn. you need to do more shit in your life.
>>
>>38985800
Yet in english you can safely have a polite conversation without using madam/sir once, and fairly sure those are nouns.

Here you have -> Here you have, sir.
Hier hast du -> Hier haben Sie.

>>38985919
>wordage everyone else uses
Everyone uses them, in the right context, where I use them by default. And for the most part, I may get along with it until another peer uses the "impolite" words where it automatically makes me feel like I put myself under others again.

Furthermore, there are also people who demand speaking with the polite-pronouns "I'm not a <<you>> for you!" and I've been in situations where I'd get a lot of shit thrown for daring not to adress to someone properly.

This is why I preffer english, despite being more simple grammer wise. Everyone seems equal in second person.
>>
>>38985474
What's the matter? Are you butthurt because he's not being polite to you and protecting your feelings?
>That catch 22 though
>>
>>38983832
>>38984476
so, basically, you're butthurt becasuse the guy is being rude to you.

your NEETbux mommy is disciplining you for being late. maybe it would be different if you weren't an antisocial pretend-autist dickhead. but seeing as you expect people to be courteous and kind to you even though you do jack-shit for them, that's clearly impossible.
>>
>>38986000
so what? get shit thrown at you? skip the word response and make an impression with your hands. dont be a bitch.
>>
>>38984952
I agree with you. I'm a cashier and I'm forced to say this shit or else I get reprimanded. I usually just say hi, ask the customer if they found their items, then accept payment and say bye. I really enjoy it when customers are silent and don't smile or ask me how I'm doing.
>>
Autistic freak. If society pays you your neetbux at least appreciate the people that pay for your sorry existence.

And if you're a cashier or whatever who is the same, fuck you because customer service and emotional labour are parts of the job. Everyone knows you don't actually care.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.