[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity Q&A Thread: Ask and I will try and answer any

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

File: Icon.png (100KB, 6075x2467px) Image search: [Google]
Icon.png
100KB, 6075x2467px
Christianity Q&A Thread: Ask and I will try and answer any questions you have.
>>
>>38965057
Do you beleive in Christianity because you truly 100% think what they say is true or because it is a nice thing to imagine is true and so you try to believe it?
>>
>>38965057
Do you know that you're wasting your time?
>>
Do you believe in an afterlife or at least heaven and hell
>>
>>38965127
I was not a Christian for the first 26 years of my life. And for those first 26 I was super comfortable with not knowing. Who cares right?

I came to Christianity because of the theological complexities, and I stayed because I surrendered my life and saw God do incredible things.
>>
>>38965057
Why was Peter redeemed but Judas sent to hell?
>>
>>38965194
My life has been so fulfilling and meaningful since I became a Christian. Wasting my life was what I was doing before I became one.
>>
How much of the "good christian neighbor" and brotherly love thing is a 20th century construct, and how much of that would have been around, say 500 years ago?
>>
Do you believe in Hell?
Suffering for eternity (I repeat, ETERNITY) because you got the wrong genes and shit environment?
>>
>>38965278
The same reason Job was punished after Satan told God that Job was just working the system. lol joking.......We really don't know. The complexity of that situation is immense. But Peter went on to be the corner stone of the church and was eventually beheaded. So God had a plan for Peter.

A great debate of Pre-destination vs Free Will
>>
>>38965285
So morality especially in terms of judaic theology has been around for quite sometime. Only within the past 2000 years have we received the theology of Jesus Christ. Love comes before all. And it changed the world

But there is one thing I am sure. All people fall short of the glory of God. If a man fails blame the man. I haven't seen the theology of Jesus fail ever. Only the men who misuse it and abuse it.
>>
>>38965221
Yes. I believe both are real places.
>>
How do you cope with the fact that there is no free will?
>>
File: 1403357110548.jpg (160KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1403357110548.jpg
160KB, 730x1095px
There is no god but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God.
>>
>>38965057
Are you christian because of the geographical region in which you were born or did you equally weigh each religion from around the world to find the most truthful one?

That's what I thought.
>>
>>38965352
Well then would a Pre-destination God to my understanding be able to just simply pick and chose who gets to be apart of the glory of his Church?
If it's a Free Will God then why didn't God redeem Judas? Why was Judas abandoned by God?
Also help me understand how God who in the book of Genesis murders his own creation with no punishment is able to be called the greatest good?
If you don't have an answer to these could you at least tell me what church you belong to?
>>
>>38965503
Got one right here for you, anoon

Btw, why is larping as a muslim so in now?

As if any muslim would spend all of their time shitposting on a korean basket weaving forum
>>
>>38965421
Are you certain there is not free will?

John 3:16 "....whoever believes shall have eternal life." That sounds like a choice to me

In Deuteronomy 30:19 God offers the Israelites a choice between heaven and hell.

But........there are plenty of arguments for pre-destination as well.

If you can make a convincing argument for one side or the other I will be impressed.
>>
>>38965057
How can you ever be confident in your religion when your sacred text has about as much credibility as the picture on the front of a box of lucky charms cereal?

Do you believe in leprechauns?

Sorry just trying to gauge if you haven't thought this through or if you're just stupid.
>>
>>38965503
Are you certain that was an angel in the cave with Muhammed?
>>
>>38965519
Not OP but I weighed out my options and picked Christianity. As a matter of fact I was a Muslim for a small amount of time.
>>
>>38965397
>"Love"
>Throws poor motherfuckers in hell to suffer for eternity
>>
>>38965519
I have my masters in Theology and I was required to do about a year study abroad in different locations around the 10-40.

We can talk Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam!

I could talk on that all night lol
>>
File: 1403727094717.jpg (328KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1403727094717.jpg
328KB, 730x1095px
>>
>>38965566
Are you defining the axiom for love? Where do you get your definition of love from?
>>
>>38965564
Did you look at every religion? Every single one? They all have the same chance of being true (incredibly small) as well as the same amount of evidence (none).

If you actually believe in dieties, how could you gamble your life away without consulting all the options?

>i was muslim
Ok so you were already raised by delusional retards I guess that answers my question of how you picked christianity
>>
>>38965556
Where do you believe it lacks credibility?
>>
>>38965586
>majored in theology
Hahahahahahahahha I can't even imagine how far gone you are right now. How detached are you from the physical world? What's it like believing we all live in a fairy tale?

Do you actually believe that if I killed you right now there would be some kind of spiritual punishment waiting for me? Do you actually believe that?
>>
>>
>>38965610
OP here.

I'll let the guy you addressed (not me) defend himself here.

But if the answer doesnt satisfy you I will jump in.
>>
File: 1411846296414.jpg (177KB, 707x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1411846296414.jpg
177KB, 707x1131px
>>
>>38965535
Romans 9 is pretty clear
>>
>>38965610
>Did you look at every religion?
Yes, Mormonism, Scientology, Atheism you name it.
>They all have the same chance of being true (incredibly small) as well as the same amount of evidence (none).
There is truth that is beyond proof and you can't actually prove anything with in reality so to depend on certainty is foolish.
>raised by delusional retards
Edgy
>>
>religious thread
*unsheathes Newton's flaming laser sword.
>>
>>38965645
Well I do have a BS in biology also. Does that give me a little more credit? lol

And to answer your question. I do believe there is punishment for a lot of people. Each according to what he has done.
>>
File: 1411846703245.jpg (178KB, 1114x717px) Image search: [Google]
1411846703245.jpg
178KB, 1114x717px
>>
>>38965604
I would define love is many ways.
None of them involves throwing people in hell to suffer for ETERNITY
>>
>>38965645
The denial of the spiritual is the dumbest thing a person can do.
>>
>>38965625
Literally everywhere. Miracles stopped happening as soon as cameras were invented.
The great flood never happened and we already proved it.

Question to everyone: how the fuck did you manage to stay religious when you learned how to use google?
When you look at the evidence for the existence of god (none, but there's an old book about 'god' as well as that eagle bear tiger sheep thing described within) (side question: do you believe that thing was real?) and weigh it against the scientific evidence contradicting it, how the fuck would you ever believe? It seems childish
>>
File: 1420864382703.jpg (190KB, 1237x582px) Image search: [Google]
1420864382703.jpg
190KB, 1237x582px
>>
>>38965699
Ok what you've told me is that there is no physical evidence I could present to convince you otherwise, which makes you irrational. You're insane. I understand why you think there's a man in the sky watching you masturbate. Pure delusion
>>
>>38965691
God's Sovereign choice in Paul's eyes is a down up examination of an apparent truth.

What about top down? Like a 2 Corinthians 5:15 approach of can the pre-desitnation fall in the salvation that is guaranteed and the free will is the choice to accept?
>>
>>38965721
I could rape your mother right now and nothing would ever happen to me. (Im talking outside of society) Nobody's watching. Karma isn't real.
>>
>>38965734
We define Jesus as love. So that is where I will draw my definition.

Once again. Where do you draw your definition from. Point to something.
>>
File: 1447920951818.jpg (144KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1447920951818.jpg
144KB, 1024x683px
>>
>>38965856
Chemicals in the brain.
It's all just a mechanism selected by evolution, which doesn't take away any of its beauty.
>>
>be me
>ancient times
>decide to troll some faggots
>have a 'vision'
>tell everyone there's a man in the sky
>nobody has even an elementary understanding of science
>they believe me
>lol
>3000 years later
>2017
>delusional retards still being trolled by me

I thought there were good trolls today, but damn that guy has been pranking all of humanity for millenia
>>
>>38965818
There is no physical evidence saying that you will wake up tomorrow morning. But you go to sleep. Why?
Because you have gone to sleep many times before and have no reason to be uncertain that you won't wake up. But in reality there is still a chance the you won't wake up in the morning.
Nothing! Including science and physical evidence is certain. You can believe it's certain all you want but it's not.
So on the subject of God, the fact that "physical evidence" is the only thing stopping you from believing in God is bullshit. It could be proven mathematically and you still wouldn't believe it because you don't want to. Which is fine whatever just stop shitting up the fucking thread.
>>
>>38965754
If you want this is not the form for such a deep dive. But I want to discuss all of this more. Email me: [email protected]

[email protected]
>>
>>38965278
Not OP, but another Christian anon.
>Peter becomes traitor
>realizes what he'd done
>gets salty at himself
>in the end, forgives himself and furthers his mission
vs
>Judas becomes traitor
>realizes what he'd done
>gets salty at himself
>can't forgive himself for this sin, to the point of suicide
Also, we don't actually know if Judas didn't experience a change of heart while he was dying, so there's a nonzero chance he didn't get sent to hell.
>>
>>38965959
The difference between a religion and a cult.

In a cult, there's on person at the top who knows it's bullshit. In a religion, that guy is dead.
>>
File: 1449338774669.jpg (201KB, 798x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1449338774669.jpg
201KB, 798x1002px
>>
>>38965912
I do believe love and it's interpretation is tied to evolution but that doesn't answer why. Why is there love?
>>
>>38965267
you've seen god do incredible things like what
>>
File: Mohammed-7.jpg (84KB, 375x515px) Image search: [Google]
Mohammed-7.jpg
84KB, 375x515px
>>38966017
nice picture anon, but the message is pretty shit.
>>
>>38965977
If you prove it mathematically I will definitely believe. I'm a rational person and that's what rational people do.

Your arguments have holes all over them and i'm not even going to fucking bother correcting them. It's clear it's not going to help you. If you made it this far in life and you're still religious you're essentially brain dead.

Think about greek mythology. We know it's not true. Everyone accepts that. How can you not draw that parallel to your own religion? How can you say "haha yeah that religion is wrong but mine is surely right!"
>>
>>38965057
Do you think Sola Scriptura is rightfully considered heresy by Catholics or do you think it should be the standard?

Also rank these in order of importance for you in understanding the word of God
>scripture
>tradition
>clergy
>>
>>38966001
>can't forgive himself for this sin, to the point of suicide
But I mean can you blame the guy? All the other disciples hated him! Imagine realizing you just killed God on earth, realizing you will forever be remembered as the man who killed God on earth, and the only people who think that Jesus was God on earth hate your guts.
>>
>>38966107
>If you prove it mathematically I will definitely believe. I'm a rational person and that's what rational people do.

Thomas Aquinas did this in the Suma Theologica. It's multiple volumes and over 3 thousand pages total though and I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar you're not willing to read into actual historical theological arguments and would rather just parrot that there's no argument forever.

>Think about greek mythology. We know it's not true. Everyone accepts that. How can you not draw that parallel to your own religion?
Because that's literally not an argument. "what's 2+2, think about it, 5 is wrong, 6 is wrong, how can you not think that about your own answer, 4?" even you can do better than this
>>
File: 1471566888090.jpg (252KB, 816x979px) Image search: [Google]
1471566888090.jpg
252KB, 816x979px
>>
>>38966068
he prayed for rain and 3 weeks later it rained
>>
File: 1501493242774.jpg (34KB, 492x385px) Image search: [Google]
1501493242774.jpg
34KB, 492x385px
>>38965586
>I have my masters in Theology
holy shit
>>
File: 1473565963960.jpg (23KB, 480x350px) Image search: [Google]
1473565963960.jpg
23KB, 480x350px
>>
>>38965586
>I have my masters in Theology and I was required to do about a year study abroad in different locations around the 10-40.
Nice Anon! Where did you travel?
>>
>>38966281
>left wingers being guilty of abrahamic relgion
DELET POST
>>
>>38966000
I appreciate what you're doing, I really do, but there's no way you'll be able to convince me. I've heard every argument.

It literally is not worth my time to debate this. I know I can't convince you either. You believe in spiritual entities which I equate with leprechauns and santa claus.
Our perceptions of the world are fundamentally different. We're not living the same reality.
>>
File: allah_makes_you_beautiful.jpg (44KB, 300x372px) Image search: [Google]
allah_makes_you_beautiful.jpg
44KB, 300x372px
>>
>>38966167
I guarantee you haven't read it either. And it would be a waste if my time as well. If there were literally mathematical proof of your shitty god's existence it would be everywhere. And why can't I apply that mathematical proof to a 40 foot high dildo monster with an anus in the shape of your mother's lips?

Why can't you accept that your religion is not an absolute? I'm sure there's a muslim or taoist that's more confident in their beliefs than you are in yours. Why should anyone pick your flavor of lies?
>>
>>38966579
Dude you are so right
>wtf I hate God now
>>
>>38966130
>Jesus is God
These pagan trinity-believing heathens better get off my board!
>>
>>38966068
I would like to know this as well.
>>38966579
Then prove that god doesn't exist.
>>
Prove there's not a planet with the exact texture of my ballsack populated with nothing but mentally retarded bears.
Can't? Haha thought so.
Where are my tax exemptions government?
>>
>>38966735
Burden of proof is on the guys telling me there's a man in the sky sorry bub
>>
File: 1476504658836.png (118KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1476504658836.png
118KB, 357x368px
>>38966579
>There isn't a single good argument that there's a God
>Reading that argument would be a waste of my time!

I'm so glad I'm not this much of a brainlet
>>
>>38966754
>Prove there's not a planet with the exact texture of my ballsack
alternate universe theory disagrees with you
>>
>>38965057
Can I have a virgin gf if I am too and willing to wait for marriage?
>>
>>38965057
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Orignalli
>>
>>38966579
>If there were literally mathematical proof of your shitty god's existence it would be everywhere.

First of all, as you're an atheist and think religious people are irrational, the fact that there's so many people means that you don't actually believe the majority of people are rational. Even if there was mathematical proof of God, it still wouldn't be accepted by everyone by your own logic.

Furthermore, it DID use to be everywhere. The idea that science and objectivity are diametrically opposed to God is completely modern, and has only existed within the last century. Before every intellectual who was learned in philosophy and science accepted God. It's only recently that hack "intellectuals" like Niel Degrasse Tyson and Christopher Hitchens came out, with zero background in philosophy, and started peddling their sophistry to a generation of people like you who haven't the first clue about philosophy and what actually constitutes as good argument and logic, and convinced you not to even listen to the arguments being made. These people would have been laughed away in the past by those actually studied on the topic of argument and debate, yet teenagers on the internet eat it up and now laughably see themselves as superior to the fathers of philosophy and the humans to actually map out what ration and logic are.

>And it would be a waste if my time as well
This says absolutely everything that needs to be said about you. Constantly screeching that there's no counter argument to you, and then when it's presented you adamantly stomp your foot that you're unwilling to even hear it. You're a joke.
>>
>>38965610
>they have the same chance of being true
Looks like you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>38966001
The contrast between Peter and Iscariot is fascinating. As already noted, both betrayed Christ. Yet the former was granted the keys to the Kingdom and the latter condemned as the vilest traitors, one of three Dante saw fit to thrust into the jaws of Satan.

Well, Peter repented and Judas didn't, right? Thus:

>Also, we don't actually know if Judas didn't experience a change of heart while he was dying

The fact Judas renounced the silver the Sanhedrin pressed into his palm and hanged himself seems sufficient evidence he had a change of heart. He recognized his crime and sentenced himself to death. Peter did no such thing. Simon hid fearing he might be executed as the master he supposedly adored had been. At that time, Peter wasn't willing to die for Jesus but, at according to the Gospels, Iscariot was. Judas loved Christ more than Peter. Had it been otherwise, Iscariot would have lived long enough to find himself anointed the bedrock of the Church.

The Christians teach everything is in service to the Good; evil is no exception. In the Old Testament a pure sacrifice as well as a wicked one was necessary for the absolution of sin, one goat dedicated to the Lord and one to Azazel. Jesus admitted he had not come to change the Law.

Peter was later martyred, his act seen as sacred devotion. Judas died a traitor, tainted by the devil that had seized him during the Last Supper. Both died in service of God's plan, but one was rewarded with Paradise and the other with Hell.

So with Peter and Judas we have two martyrs, two beasts sacrificed for the sake of the good. I would ask which suffered more but that would be absurd. Because Judas's hurt isn't past tense. His pain is just as eternal as Peter's bliss, even though both played an integral role in the passion play essential to humanity's reclamation.

The Lord has already penned His grand drama. A man can only hope that, in His perfect wisdom, God hasn't cast him as a villain.
>>
>>38965278
Judas was reprobate; he was never saved to begin with.
>>
>>38965057
What are your honest thought's on me being a catholic pagan?
Basically someone who...
>Dosen't go church or larp drinking mead out of horns wearing mjolnir pendants.
>tries to live a life without sin in the christan way.
>but at the same time lives a pagan code of honour, ie never backs down from a fight.
>like to acknowledge anglo-saxon mytholgy and the stories passed down from my ancestors.
>like to acknowledge the teachings of christ.
>dosen't imbrace the internationalism of christanity and prefers the indvidual nationalist paganism that is seperate for each race on earth.
>will observe christan and pagan festivals by fasting, celebrating and being with family and freinds.
>visits cathedrals as well as places like stonehenge for spiritual understanding.
>Reads the old and new testamet aswell as many books on paganism.
>Dosent pray or make ritual sacrifices.
>Like to acknowledge there are divine forces who are responsible for everything. >and like to think they watch over us and wish them to grant me luck, courage strenght when in times of need.
>>
File: remove gondola.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
remove gondola.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>38965057
if the vatican is peaced trucked, will we deus vult?
>>
>>38967443
That's beautifully put Anon
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.