[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Papa, Pops, grandpa, Peepaw, Poopaw, Opa etc

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3969.jpg (30KB, 427x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3969.jpg
30KB, 427x266px
What was your grandad like R9k
>>
Both of my grandfathers died before I was born.
>>
He was literally a faggot
>>
One died when my mom was 15 so I never met him, he was a big drug dealer who weighed like 400 pounds and often was a studio guitarist for some bands. I remember my mom saying he would play with ZZ Top or something.
He would often call crimestoppers and report dealers he knew if he needed quick cash, so he died in jail after being beaten to death by other drug dealers. I believe he was actually fucking with the cartel by doing that.

The other one was a big piece of shit who also weighed like 400 pounds and was a detective. He was a deep south motherfucker who was a fucking psycho to anyone other than his own family. I dont know if he's dead or not, I dont talk to that side of the family anymore.
>>
>>38961842
From what I've been told, since one died before I was born and the other only saw me several times until he died when I was 12, they were both drunks who abused their families.
>>
>>38961842
he was a stinky pervert versed into /x/-tier shit
>>
File: darkest.jpg (38KB, 671x588px) Image search: [Google]
darkest.jpg
38KB, 671x588px
>Bitter.

>Be gramps.
>Be young.
>Love jazz.
>Be musician.
>But also be in shit south european state.
>Not the place for music.
>Need to work into family woodcutting factory.
>No time for Music.
>No time for jazz.
>Regret.

The other one:
>Comunist.

>Be gramps.
>Dad dies young.
>He's 15/16 and has to take care of all family.
>Works his ass off.
>Suffers famine during war.
>Starts to not like rich people because they never worked a day.
>Gets cancer.
>Dies.
>>
File: 1495936657132.jpg (106KB, 841x797px) Image search: [Google]
1495936657132.jpg
106KB, 841x797px
>>38961842
Dads side:
Immigrant from Germany. Started his own construction company and became a millionaire. Died before i met him unfortunately.
Moms side: Engineer that worked for NORAD doing spoopy experiments on a pacific island. Unfortunately in the late stages of dementia right now. He doesn't even remember who i am anymore.
>>
my father's side
>former special forces (paratrooper in red barrets)
>after resigning train driver
>member of workers' union and liberation movement
>deeply catholic
>married for more than 50 years
>leader of local catholic community

The other one
>fire fighter
>used to be in military
>his wife(my grandma) had breast cancer
>they tried everything chemiotherapy and etc
>they even met the pope and he prayed for them
>didn't help
>grandpa was begging god to help her
>promised that god can take his life but should spare grandma
>she miracously recovered two months later
>he died from lung cancer a half year later
>>
>>38961842
I never knew the cool one and the other is alive but is a huge manipulative asshole.
>>
Dad's side:
>Traditional male barber on caribbean island
>Had his own business
>Died before I was born or when I was too young to remember
>took care of his family
>Grandmother sold his barbershop, my father didn't get to inherit it as his successor, also being a traditional male barber.

Mom's side
>Police officer on caribbean island
>Turned catholic to marry grandmother
>Held me when I was very young
>spent most of his adult years on a cargo boat or some shit out on the ocean
>wrote letters to my mom and her sisters
>Grandma divorced him and had two children with another man who won't see his children

All in all, I come from two grandparents who were upstanding males in the community who took care of their family. Luckily my father is a proper husband and father as well. I have faith in myself that I'll take care of my children in the same matter.

>/r9k/

Who am I kidding
>>
>>38961842
Bump bumptity bump vump
>>
File: 1492118302013.jpg (19KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492118302013.jpg
19KB, 300x400px
A very nice and simple man who loved his family and loved music. He died when I was 14 of brain cancer. It fucking sucks because now I'm actually into music and enjoy a lot of the music he was into but I can't talk with him about it. He used to play the keyboard and now his keyboard is in my room and I'm trying to learn it
>>
Both died before I was born.

Dad's side:
>B24 Navigator during WWII
>Started his own insurance business after the war, did pretty well for himself (owned a lot of commercial real estate) and was involved in the horse racing industry like most that side of the senpai
>Alcoholic, but a great guy I heard, sad I never got to meet him

Mom's side:
>Career soldier (1936-1959)
>Asshole alcoholic, most of his kids hated him and he died alone in the VA hospital because he wouldn't accept help from anyone
>Fathered a bastard in Germany after the war, she's about my mom's age which is even weirder
>Her and my mom are actually pretty close, her kids are my age and pretty cool. We see them every year or 2 usually. Strange how things work out.

Don't really see much of my extended family, but I can tell I've inherited their drinking issues. I'm an army officer now and the stress doesn't help either.
>>
>>38961842
Died when I was a small child, maybe spoke a few sentences max. My dad was a typical deadbeat piece of shit who never paid, never had a real job for long and has been out of my life >99.9% of it, then tries to jump in and then leave after promising not to.

Maybe I feel sorry about my grandpa who I never knew, but I don't feel anything, just like for my 'dad'. If he comes around I wouldn't mind punching him though.
>>
>>38961842
>What was your grandad like R9k

Hated Jews
>>
Mam's side
>Rude and just generally horrible to be around
>Generous
>Hates his family
>Overconfident, extroverted

Dad's Side
>Alcoholic, addicted to painkillers
>Nice person
>Very intelligent, loves history
>In a home because of manipulative aunty and Nanny
>very bad odor :(
>>
File: 1487309434366.png (43KB, 286x366px) Image search: [Google]
1487309434366.png
43KB, 286x366px
>tfw would talk to/hang out with grandpas more, but every time I'm with them they talk about how gays should be gassed
>be gay
>>
>>38962861
What kind of expirements?
>>
He was an OG.

>born in 1920s Persia
>poor family
>had nothing growing up
>went to school
>got a scholarship to go to france for engineering (i dont know the details)
>went to his best friend's house before
>went to his parents
>"i want to marry your daughter after I come back"
>my grandma had been madly in love with him all her teen years
>parents say yeah, older bro/best friend is ecstatic
>goes to france, graduates and comes back
>gets married and gets a job
>has five kids
>retires early because he invested in businesses in Iran during the time of the Shah
>sells out prior to tje revolution
>goes to buttfuck nowhere and buys a massive property
>farms his own favourite fruits and raises his own sheep and chickens
>the man was a pure scholar
>a real philosopher
>heard him talk about how asinine it was for the Shah to change the name of Persia to Iran
>always a beacon of knowledge, class and understanding

The man is in his late 90s now. Alzheimer's is destroying him. When I went back to Iran 12 years ago, he always had so much to say yet would always listen. Last time I talked to him on the phone, I felt like crying the whole time. It was painful to hear him. The only time I'll ever go back to that country and its messed up government will be to honour that man at his funeral.
>>
>>38961842
Never met paternal gramps, he died from complications of alcoholism at 57. In his younger days was a hobo and small time criminal, broke out of jail, stole car, collected grandma and my dad, drove to cali. Got busted , sent to joint. Wish I could have met him.
Other grandpa died when I was 5 from heart attack. His dad from Ireland, mom from Germany. When he got drunk he'd speak German to grandma to piss her off (she was wasp). When young he farmed then went to work for railroad. I'll never be half the man they were.
>>
>>38961842
Mother's side:
>died when I was 10
>don't remember him that well
>very tall and skeltal
>was a plasterer or something
>apparently used to come home from work, drink whiskey and be violent to his wife and kids
>had multiple strokes and dementia because of it
>reverted to a child-like state in his last years and tried to set his house on fire
>died of something else I don't remember

Father's side:
>still alive
>used to see him a lot, now I never see him at all
>asocial and standoffish, just like my father and just like me
>his wife (my nan) walked out on him and her children because she was a degenerate alcoholic
>was an engineer and would have worked all his life had his workmates not basically forced him to retire a few years ago
>nowadays just goes to the pub then comes home and sleeps in front of the TV
>pretty much nothing interesting about his life, that I know about at least
>massive pervert, would always have nudie calendars and things hanging up for everyone to see
>>
>mum's side
Mountaineer, architect, and world's most sensible man. A career granddad in every way.
>dad's side
Absolute madman, sold weapon accessories to 3rd world shitholes, accidentally left my dad in a pub, and smokes a pack of unfiltered camels pretty much every day. Miraculously still alive at 86.
>>
>>38961842
> mum side
90 yr old guy. Country poor boy, his mother abandoned him, ( probably the bastard child of this landlord) worked in a factory at 6. Was in the military,
Handsome (tm) , marry.
Had a little company of trucks. Got swindled by best friend bc he is a idealistic idiot. Poor. Worked as a technician in a telephone company.
He teached me how to fight and used to buy me candy. We both share sweet tooth.

> dad side
Don't know much about him only that he's from a family of lawyers. Probably has a side family. MONEY. Probably a manipulative dick. Sadist.
Still working
>>
Grouchy old bastard. Complained about everything. Never satisfied with anything. The whole family uses all their energy with him just to keep him placated.
>>
My grandfather was born prematurely in 1917 and survived because my great-great-grandmother kept him in a shoebox incubator next to the furnace. He grew up during the great depression and the economy forced his family to move from the city back to the family farm. He left the farm after going to community college on a football scholarship for a brief period and worked in the Texas oil fields. He joined the merchant marine during WW2 and was torpedoed in the North Atlantic. He was the last man on his ship, keeping the boiler from exploding until everyone could get off. He got off the ship just in time and when he was rescued he saw a bunch of his comrades frozen and clutching to the side of life rafts. He didn't like to talk about the war much with me. His first wife died in childbirth right after the war. He remarried and had my dad. He saved up money over his life to buy the family land back and eventually became mayor of his hometown. Overall he had a very good life despite his demons from the stresses of war he faced.
>>
>>38964683
Alzheimer's is a fate worse than death alone. I hope your grandpa lives out his last years in as much dignity as possible.
>>
>>38964281
The feel would be to strong for me to handle if I had to play the instrument of that kind of grandad.
>>
>dads side
not sure of birth date,one of 7 children, dont know much about his early life, started a business tho, mainly plastering,carpet fitting etc hard labour stuff, died of a heart attack in 2013, probably because he ate bacon sandwhiches all the time and smoked heavily.
>mums side
born in 1946 near Cornwall, joined army at 18, mainly peacekeeping in burma and cambodia at the time, patrolling jungles etc, moved back to uk, london, served in the queens gaurd for a while (the ones in front of the palace) met grandma, moved with grandma to liverpool, where he still is today, he's pushing 70 now and smokes harder than grandad on dads side yet he's still kicking, funny guy, very endearing, used to love hearing his stories of when he was in the army, played guitar often on base, still plays a bit now, drinks at the bar every wednesday and smokes inbetween that, surprised he's still going but im happy nonetheless
>>
The only grandpa I knew was my grandmothers second husband and he was a jeweler. He was quiet and reserved and I mostly just remember him being in the basement setting gems into things, or sitting in the kitchen. He always offered me ice cream as soon as I got to their house. He called it spamony. I don't really remember much else about him.
>>
File: 1492200220967.jpg (124KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492200220967.jpg
124KB, 900x900px
My papa died when i was like 6, Never got to know him.
>>
>>38962600
This right here. However from what I've heard my dad's father was an alcoholic criminal and my mom's father was just an alcoholic, so I guess I didn't miss out on much kek
>>
Divorced my Grandmother for another woman and than never visited much. Now he complains I don't do enough for him now that he is older.
>>
Always proud of me even though he really had no reason to be seeing what a failure I am. I miss him
>>
>>38961842
>Dad side
Never got the chance to know him
>Mom side
A mad old cunt, always dirty and smelling like rotten shit, once a month we had to fight with him so he could take a bath, he used to threaten people in his bar using his revolver, he was good though
>>
>>38961842
Both were abusive drunk cucks that never bothered to even meet me. They're still alive technically, but they're dead to me
Probably where I went wrong desu
>>
>>38961842
one of them was already dead before I was born.

The other one was cool as hell I remember him and our grandmother were babysitting us for a few weeks and he would just drink whiskey out of a kiddy cup and shrug at everything while grandma yelled at him for unrelated reasons. He died when I was about 16 or 17 and he did not age well either, I saw him once when he was full dementia at the dementia house it's like they regress back to being 4 year olds.
>>
Maternal was a very forthright guy who lifted into his 90s and hated the Japanese. Paternal was very introverted and basically the olden days version of a robot
>>
>>38961842
One of them died before I was born. As for the other he was a pretty good guy.
>Really sweet and caring
>Watched his wife die a agonizing death
>Still really positive
>When he was young he was a very charismatic photographer
>One day a women who liked him and worked at a post office or something warned him that a draft letter was coming to him
>Not wanting to kill anyone he chose to enlist in the navy rather than be drafted into a branch he did not desire
>Ended up being a photographer during the war and taught other navy men about photography
>Ended up loosing all his teeth during the war
>Came home and got married
>Opened a photo studio and settled down with my grandma
>Got a really nice price on a mansion because the previous owner had to choose between selling it to him or to a company that would turn it into a parking lot
>Also got a great price on a farm my family still owns because the previous owner died and gave it to his kids that hated each other and did not want the other to own part of the land.
>Had 3 kids and adopted 1
>Lived in extreme poverty but aside from the adopted kid who ended up in jail, his kids became rags to riches.
>He grew older and eventually had health problems that took his life
rip
>>
grandpa jim on my dad's side that died before I could form memories was pretty awesome. was eligible to join mensa, worked as a radar repair tech on light aircraft carriers in the pacific during WWII, and owned a patent on the relay used by stoplights to switch between the lights

grandpa arnold on my mom's side was an abusive, alcoholic drunk who beat the will to live out of 2 of my 3 uncles on that side. of course he ended up living longer

I'm still mad that the doctor fucked up and robbed me of my chance to actually get to know my grandpa jim because he would have thought it was so cool with building computers and shit. who knows if he'd still be alive at this point (I was 2 when he died, almost 29 now), but he would love the internet and everything else
>>
>>38961842
Mothers side
Came to britain an impovrished italian immagrint. Worked at a chip shop for a few years, served as a tankie in world war 2, bought that same shop with his money. Bought some properties with his money. Bought my mother a middle class house as a wedding gift, allowing me to grow up housepoor. Loved all of his grandchildren, yet somehow never found time for me.

Fathers side
Alchoholic small buisness owner, due to a bad work ethic and bad buisness sense he drove the buisness down the shitter and passed the buisness onto my father. Abused my father and grandmother frequently. Always seemed pretty chill in his old age.
>>
>>38961842

dad's side:
>don't remember him that well
>died when I was 5
>only thing I remember is that he was sweet and caring
>really can't remember anything else, which is a shame
>have great respect for him (although I realized it post mortem), he worked very hard to put my dad through university

Mom's side:
>still alive
>polack immigrant
>also have great respect for him, because he worked his ass off in the coal mines in my village to put my mother and aunt through university and college (respectively)
>was like a 2nd dad to me
>very down-to-earth guy
>very calm, even in the most stressful situations
>gave his old car to me when I turned 18 and got my driver's license
>always there for me

4chan NEETs meme about the wagecuck life, but thanks to my grandparents wagecucking, both of my parents had the opportunity to attend university.
>>
>>38965138
Thanks, anon. Alzheimer's is a horrible disease.
>>
File: alphagrandpa.jpg (59KB, 590x637px) Image search: [Google]
alphagrandpa.jpg
59KB, 590x637px
Essentialy the cause of my suffering because they treated my abusive father like god himself but they are good people, even buyed me a house, very loving, ww2 survivors (germany)

We did alot of vacations, scientific vacations with my grandpa, and he always payed for my stuff when i was a child because my father and mother where neet leechers of the state and of my grandpa, they are too kind, sadly. But it redpilled me in the and and gave me a house, so i guess it was a good thing.

pic related my opa
>>
>>38962600
This.
Also fathers dad set house on fire an killed himself. And mother's dad was killed by KGB.
>>
>>38962995
10*2/10

>>38964683
your gramps is a blessing, wear his genes proudly
>>
>>38961842
i dont know my grandpa on my dads side but i remember my moms father to be a really nice guy he was also rich as fuck
>>
>>38962600
this unfortunately

originally
>>
>>38961842
Irish potato farmer, very successful. Over 10,000 acres that's now run by my uncle since gramps died.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.