[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it weird to skip your grandparents' funerals?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1498436074273m.jpg (93KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498436074273m.jpg
93KB, 768x1024px
I skipped them all except the first one. Who cares, they're already dead? It's not like I want to see any aunts or uncles.
>>
You owe your very existence to them.
Show a little gratitude & respect.

People who skip their grandparents funerals will be held in lower regard than the fellow in your picture.
>>
>>38949676
This. FPBP.
>>38949578
Youre probably an American
>>
It doesn't matter, it's just a normie ritual. Expect to catch flack for not abiding by it like any other normie ritual though.
>>
>>38949676
>to them.
And they weren't there. A bunch of aunts and uncles were to whom I owe nothing.
>will be held in lower regard
By who? It's not like I'm planning to attend any other extended family events.
>>
If you don't have enough regard for your family members to take two hours out of your life to show some respect for the people who raised your parents, you can expect to die alone. Just because you're a robot doesn't mean that you don't have to show basic human decency to the people who love you in your life

t. lost my grandpa, who pretty much raised me when I was a little kid and gave me 10 grand for college, last year -- and lost my grandma, who was one of the kindest people I know, this year. It's been rough
>>
>>38949708
This was the third and final funeral and I haven't heard anything from the previous two.
>>38949696
I'm a white skinned northern European.
>>
>>38949754
Not OP but I want literally nothing to do with my extended family. I don't give a shit.
>>
>>38949578

It's no biggie, anon. In my family attending funerals have had a mandatory feel to it so I've never dared to skip out, eventhough I strongly resent both my grandmothers and would not want to waste my time on them. At leasat our funerals have been quite fun to attend, nice food and things have been very lighthearted. Weddings, baptisms and anything else I've always skipped out.
>>
>not going to support a parent whose mother/father just died
Ice cold.
Acceptable though if you live by yourself and don't ask for shit from anyone.
>>
>>38949773
If you don't give a shit about them, don't expect them to give a shit about you when you die. If dying alone doesn't bother you, then keep wanting nothing to do with them. And, to some people, there isn't anything wrong with dying alone, so that's okay
>>
>>38949754
Well you actually had a connection with him. I visited mine regularly but I never particularly liked them. They didn't raise me or put me through college. They were just old folk who smelled bad and never said anything interesting. I've lost all four now and haven't felt sad for a second. Thank god they won't be around to make christmas awkward anymore.
>>
Didn't skip my grandpas funerals but I did skip every other family member's. I only see them twice a year and we have nothing in common, how am I supposed to care about them? I only have contact with my mother these days.
>>
>>38949816
Yeah I don't care. I've built new relationships and I don't really care about the ones assigned to be at birth outside of my mother and father.
>>
>>38949816
Not him but I am OP. Literally why the fuck would I care who comes to my wedding? I'm dead at that point, that's the point of a wedding. I won't know if there's a thousand people or nobody. Why would anyone use that as some sort of guideline through life when they won't even know the result?
>>
>>38949754
I love my family to bits but a lot of fags don't have it like that, anon.
Not even just abuse cases, there are some families that are like a business, the kids get shoved out when there's no legal obligation and nobody gives a shit if they ever see one another again.
>>
>>38949861
Maybe this is why I'm confused. The only time I see my extended family is when they're begging us for shit or stealing our food.
>>
>>38949773
>>38949840
This. I value my immediate family because I lived with them for 20 years. Cousins, grandparents, aunts etc. I know old classmates from elementary school better than them. I definitely spent more time with those people. Why should I suddenly care about these "extended family" I meet once a year and who pretend like we're close. I know my neighbour better.
>>
A couple years ago I skipped my aunt's funeral, (she killed herself) I didn't go because I was too busy wallowing in my own depression and didn't want to add to it. I still really regret not going and feel guilty about it and I'm pretty sure my uncle secretly hates me for it.
>>
>>38949852
How did I mix up wedding and funeral?
>>
>>38949895
>I know my neighbour better.

This is unironically literally true for me. Dead on anon.
>>
>>38949899
>I'm pretty sure my uncle secretly hates me for it.

>marry broad with depression
>stick around until she pops her clogs, seeing how serious depression plays out behind the scenes
>still get assblasted about others exhibiting obvious signs of depression, such as isolation
Well that would make your uncle a dick.
>>
>>38949861
I love my family but that means my mom, my dad and my sisters. People I used to see every day, people I took long vacations with together, people who grew up together. The rest of the extended family is just clinging on to some meme I never comprehended.
>>
File: Freudian slip.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Freudian slip.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>38949852
>>38949909
>I'm dead at that point, that's the point of a wedding
>>
>>38949766
There's a reason why the med is better than your northern cucks
>>
If I'm going to grieve you stupid niggers are going to have to let me grieve on my own time in my own way. I'm not going to go to a room and eat stale cheese cubes while we all wallow in pity.
>>
>>38949840
Fair enough

>>38949852
I think that you meant to say funeral, not wedding kek

Anyway, it's about the idea of people remembering you after you die, and memorializing your life. If none of your family comes to your funeral, and you likely have few friends because you are posting on this board right now (I also have few friends), then there aren't many people that are going to remember your existence, or even care that you were alive. If you're nihilistic enough to come to terms with that, fine, but the traditional philosophical view on this kind of thing is that the worth of your life is measured by how many lives you've impacted, and how much good you've brought to the world.

>>38949861
If your family never loved you, there's no reason for you to love them. If you're coming at it from that angle, I believe that you are right, anon, but I assumed that OP's situation was normal
>>
>>38949955
You're uncivilized animals and your plumbing doesn't work properly.
>>
>>38950013
>I assumed that OP's situation was normal
"normal" is dissolving as the family loses importance in the western world.
>>
>>38950013
I actually have quite a lot of friends, all typical normies too. I'm the outcast of the group but one they keep around for observational humor.

I guess that makes me nihilistic, I would never even think to wonder who's coming to my funeral.

My childhood was a completely normal upper middle class upbringing. Loving parents, lots of attention, lots of care (taught to read at age 3 etc). No negative experiences with extended family, I just never understood as a kid why I was supposed to care about them and aftet I turned 15 or so stopped attending every family activity.
>>
File: edfurecon.jpg (95KB, 632x1000px) Image search: [Google]
edfurecon.jpg
95KB, 632x1000px
>>38949578
You're fucking shit

You complain about being a robot, but your grandparents are people. They've now raised 2 generations of families, probably only 2 since you're a fucking loser virgin.

Do you want your kids and grandkids and great grandkids to go to your funeral you ungrateful little shit face? You're a pathetic cuckboi go die in a hole with no funeral faggot
>>
>>38950152
I'm not a virgin. And I doubt I'll have kids, bit either way I don't give a shit what happens after I'm dead. I won't be around to tell anyway.
>>
>>38950169
But anon, you're a virgin cuck with kids.
That other guy said so and everything, don't you want people who don't exist to attend the funeral that you won't have?
>>
>>38950152
>you complain about being a robot
>you're a fucking virgin loser
>do you want your kids(...)
Where did all these assumptions about OP come from and why are you so platinum mad?
>>
>>38950211
Hey you're right if I'm also a cuckold then I guess I could remain a virgin while fathering children. Win-win.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.