[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is living in the South nice?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_4495.jpg (66KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4495.jpg
66KB, 960x960px
Is living in the South nice?
>>
>>38949044

I live in NYC and I visit the Carolinas for a motnh every year, the South is great. People are a lot more polite, the food is great, it's a nice breath of fresh air.
>>
>>38949044
Yes. I was raised by my hillbilly father and marginally less mother.
It's been nice living in Houston. They imbued me with great values and I'm one of the few people in my office capable of home & Auto repair / maintenance.
>>
*month

> fuck
>>
>>38949044
I hate it here. Mostly because of the weather, it feels like I'm in a swamp. It's also rather ugly, with most cities being just boring, flat parking lots (but that's most US cities, really). Also, there's fat fucks EVERYWHERE and I hate fat people. If you stay in cities you can generally avoid most rednecks but they're still around.
>>
>>38949077
Forgot to mention, TexMex & Mexican food is the bomb. And Southern Chili > Yankee Chili
>>
No. It's full of minorities
>>
I love Whataburger.
>>
Yes, if you're not black.
>>
>>38949131
>found the yankee
>>
>>38949044
I live in Dallas. Pretty sweet man
>>
I grew up in Texas and later moved to California. I was really surprised that no one talks to their neighbors here and there's definitely not as many community events. I don't miss being poor though, which is a lot of the south. Also not being called gay for walking or eating healthy has been nice.
>>
Kind of a serious question, I'm Asian and I've lived in the northeast my whole life and want to leave and I'm considering going south. Is racism an issue? I've heard both ways but I want to hear more anecdotal stuff.
>>
Yes, if you can:
>fake a southern accent, because people hate imported yankees like me
>be white
>be interested in spending your money on superficial stuff (boats, lifted trucks, unnecessarily good coolers for fishing) so that you can fit in with your neighbors and friends
>be Protestant, there are hardly any Catholics or Catholic churches (if you are muslim or jew, you won't fit in at all)

I moved to the South for work a few years ago. The whole Andy Griffith/Lynyrd Skynyrd/Gone With The Wind idealized version of the South is either long gone or was never there in the first place. Southern folks are very kind to your face, but as soon as that first trace of Midwestern accent or other non-conformity comes out, they want nothing to do with you beyond a superficial friendship

But if you move to Atlanta, Raleigh, Dallas, or some other big, cosmopolitan city like that, you should be fine desu
>>
publix is /comfy/ af
>>
>>38949210
If I didn't move to Texas from California I'da would have had less a great time as a human being. Miss the concept of low humidity.
>>
>>38949242
I have lived in the south my entire life. Racism is a thing, but only in rural areas. Also nobody gives a shit about Asians. In the South it's all about Hispanic and Black people, and I guess middle easterners too, but they're rare.
>>
>>38949131
>He doesn't know about Macon
>He doesn't know about small black southern communities
>>
>>38949264 here. To answer the question succinctly: The South is an awesome place to live if you are Southern born and raised, but it's very hard to assimilate. It takes decades to assimilate
>>
>>38949044
That's only the third word I've seen with three apostrophes in it (the others being 'twon't've and 'twouldn't've).

So it makes me wonder if you could go one better:
is there such a word as y'all'dn't've?
>>
File: publix-2551846.png (125KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
publix-2551846.png
125KB, 500x522px
>>38949268
Florida is the best state
>>
>>38949287
How bad is it? Is it just intimidating glares and the occasional squinty eyes because that's about the peak of what I get here in bumfuck nowhere Pennsylvania.
>>
File: pocono_nascar_kahne.jpg (196KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pocono_nascar_kahne.jpg
196KB, 1280x1024px
Drinkin beer watchin nascar while livin on a dirt road..cant beat that
>>
It's gotten better in the past few decades (it used to be extremely shitty). It's just pretty basic though, there are not a lot of exciting, interesting things going on. People here are not dynamic or interested in things of the wider world, they just want their football, beer, and trucks n shit.

>>38949242
If you are a grown man already, nothing to worry about. If you have male kids though, stick to a big city like Atlanta where there are asian communities. Don't go to some fucking shitty small town or white suburb, they will be isolated as hell.

>>38949290
>it's very hard to assimilate. It takes decades to assimilate

Truth
>>
>>38949269
Yeah I always tell Californians this heat is too dry to be considered hot.
I think the benefit of Texas is the slowness and you don't have to hustle. Everyone in Southern California is obsessed with having multiple projects and jobs to occupy their time.
>>
>>38949386
RIP Kasey Kahne's career
>>
>>38949406
sorry but 110 is fucking hot even if it's dry
>>
>>38949374
I can only speak with my own anecdotal evidence but yeah basically. Nobody will actually do anything more than giving you a weird look and muttering something about you being a chink under the breath, but that'll the most that ever happens. You'll probably never experience any real discrimination or anything like that though. But, I'm a white guy and not asian, so idk
>>
>>38949424
I've done both and Texas was the only one that gave me heatstroke. I remember July always hovering around 116 with humidity in Texas. I've yet to encounter that in California.
>>
>>38949242
The South is far behind in all aspects. But it's a measurable step. Sheathed samurai swords will be legal in September so you can be certain AZN pride is/will be here. The generation of Asian parents that kick their kids out for talking modern and "white" are dwindling in number and are atleast 50 y.o.
>>
>>38949412
>That expression
He knew it was tumbling down
>>
>>38949518
Huh, most Asian parents I know want their kids to become modern and white.
>>
>>38949044
ya'll isn't strictly a southern thing
>>
>>38949044
I like the pic. I unironically say y'all're'nt
>>
File: ryannewman pepe.png (28KB, 392x418px) Image search: [Google]
ryannewman pepe.png
28KB, 392x418px
>>38949529
Know that feel too well
>>
>>38949205
Dallas is full of liberal freaks
>>
>>38949044
The weather is nice, the people are nice, the food is nice, but there's way too many niggers.

t. SC
>>
>>38949695
Are they the thug niggas or the churchie middle-class blackies?
>>
>>38949205
Fuck dallas. Cowboys are a shit team
>>
>>38949695
>weather is nice
90% humidity in 90 degree heat is not nice
>people are nice
Arguable. Not any nicer than anywhere else, really
>food is nice
deep fried food and sweet tea can be found anywhere. You don't need to live in the south to eat southern food
>too many niggers
You'd have a point but everyone in the south is trashy, including the fat and loud white people.

t. NC
>>
Kentuckian here, and yeah, to me it seems better than basically anywhere else in the country. In the north people are so uptight about their beliefs. E.G. if you voted for Trump you're Hitler incarnate. But that really isn't a problem here for the most part. It's the self reliant live and let live mentality that really makes me proud of my state. Also it's basically cheaper to live here than anywhere else in the US. I know a couple of people who work full time at Kroger and live in pretty decent apartments just on that salary. So without going into the specifics of what exactly life here is like, and how it may differ from life in the North. Yes, in my opinion, the South is a great place to live.
>>
>>38949669
The worst part is kylel Busch gets free reign to win and act like an ass hole. I laughed when he got his shit fucked by bred at Watkins Glen
>>
>>38949778
>E.G if you voted for Trump you're Hitler incarnate.
Second sentence in and you're already wrong. Do you think 99% of Northerners are liberals who all hate white people? I know people from Kentucky are uneducated, but try to use some logic
>>
>>38949371
Shut the fuck up, Florida is one of the worst states.
>>
>>38949752
>NC
That hardly counts as south
>>
>>38949870
This
>>38949371
Fuck Florida. Everyone in your shitty state is either a old, a Kike, a Spic or an old Kike Spic. Every minute one of these senile old kikes will take a walk and you'll be under silver alert for some old fuck no one gives two shits about. Just to tack on to that, your highways are littered with "please drive safely" signs because one of your assholes decided he was going to murder a family with his car. The funniest part was the fact that that family were a bunch of assholes too because everyone in your state is an asshole. God hates Florida so fucking much He created literal living mouths to fuck everything up, and bombards your shitty swampland with hurricanes for most of the year. It's crazy how much water you get yet you want to steal it from Georgia and Alabama like the dirty niggers you are. The most anyone cares about your terrible peninsula is that fact that it's so fucking terrible people leave it by rocket ship. Miami is filled with spics and illegals who expect you to speak Spanish, yet the Cubans and Jamaicans leave their shithole just to arrive in your shit hole and act like they own the place.
If your tiny spic mind isn't catching my drift,
FLORIDA
IS
SHIT
>>
>>38949870
Someone's salty they don't get delicious tendie subs
>>
File: 1501286923391.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501286923391.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
Georgia here
It's great, aside from the niggers.
>>
>>38949476
>116 with humidity
you are so full of shit lmao
>>
Alabama here. It's pretty great, too many blacks though
>>
Would it be hard to assimilate if I'm already racist and republican?
>>
>>38949695
Where in SC? I'm moving to Charleston around January assuming I still have my job by then, and I'm excited but really unsure what to expect.
>>
>>38950287
Charleston is fucking amazing, I've never seen more beautiful women in one place
>>
>>38949205
Unless you African American like me
>>
>>38949044
I used to visit Georgia with my mom for some cabbage patch kid convention every year. It was pretty nice besides the heat. Food was great, people were more friendly and it was nice to be somewhere more rural than I was used to. One of the male collectors got me into chewing tobacco and that's a fun thing to do, not very common outside of the south though.
>>
>>38949406

Pussy bitch come out to the desert see what 125 F feels like then we'll talk.
>>
>>38949044
>New Orleans
No
>>
>>38949044
I'm in southeast Louisiana, close to New Orleans.
The weather SUCKS but we have the best food in the world.
Lotta black folks too, if youre not into that
>>
>>38949898
I feel its the middle ground for most places. Its got "mountains", good beaches, and a decent cycle of seasons. You dont fry in the summer or freeze in the winter depending on where you are in the state. I enjoy the mountains quite a bit though, yet I am not a fan of asheville. Something about the town just rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>surrounded by blacks
>surrounded by rednecks who live materialistic life trying to get a big truck, pretend to be southern and down to earth but really just suburban posers
>everyone growing more liberal
>shit jobs
>hot as shit
Rural Georgia sure is fun
>>
>>38950320
Awesome, I can't wait to take full advantage of that
lol
>>
Who here /south/ but not living in the USA?
Surprisingly enough, the south of my country and US south are pretty similar. The rest of the country thinks it's better and makes le racist hillbilly jokes.
>>
>>38950633
The south is in the USA....
>>
File: disappearing.gif (315KB, 318x178px) Image search: [Google]
disappearing.gif
315KB, 318x178px
>assholes with confederate flags on their trucks roll coal and honk when they see me walking down the sidewalk
stay away
>>
>>38949131
>south is racist meme
Fucking liberals, I swear. I'm black and I was born and raised in TN. Literally don't act like a ghetto swagfag and you'd be fine, but that would be hard for you so I'd understand.
>>
>>38950817
Now now Nigger, you just don't understand how bad you have it you poor animal. We'll treat you like the infant you are here in the North, like civilized people.
>>
File: 1495110202635.png (210KB, 658x545px) Image search: [Google]
1495110202635.png
210KB, 658x545px
>>38949044
Fuck yeah dude, I'm from Texas and wouldn't consider living anywhere else in the world.
It's really nice here, especially for robots. There's the big cities for normalfags, and plenty of big open space for everyone else. I have frequently driven from city to city because of family (8 hour drives) and it's so peaceful.
Also I've unironically heard people say "Y'all'd've". It's pretty hilarious. Despite growing up here, I don't speak like that though.

Literally everything about Texas makes it the best place in the universe.
>>
File: 1475810631616.jpg (372KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1475810631616.jpg
372KB, 854x859px
>>38950902
>tfw this is an accurate description of me moving north
Was hit too close to home, anon.
>>
>>38949044
As long as you aren't a nigger it is very nice, you might get called city boy and a faggot but apart from that and the beatings it is really nice place
>>
>>38950982
>tfw my neighbor called me a sissy city faggot while he was fucking my ass
All in all moving to the South has been nice.
>>
>>38951047
Did he make you squeal like a piggy like in that movie?
>>
>>38951047
>co-worker called me a cuck while he was watching me fuck his wife
i really don't understand these people sometimes
>>
>>38949205
It's much better to live near it than in it
>>
>>38949264
You dont need to speak in a southern accent, just dont have a masshole accent and maybe throw in some words like aint yall and be familiar with some other terms
>>
>>38949678
So is every other city in the world
>>
>>38949999
Uhhh it usually hits 110 at least once every summer here. 116 isn't that much of a stretch honestly.
>>
Louisiana here, food's top tier, People will gladly lend a helping hand, and just about everybody has a story to tell. Weather could be better but you'll get used to it, 80 degrees on Christmas Day is something Yankees dream of. Rebels are around, but nothing too drastic just don't let it get to you.
>>
>>38949695
And if it isnt niggers it's spics, wish i could find a place where theres a balance between the two and i dont have to put up much with either of them, maybe its somewhere inbetween Tyler and Monroe
>>
NC here

If you don't keep your highschool friends you're doomed as an adult. Finding people with similar interests in the south is virtually impossible otherwise.
>>
>>38949044
Best food. Polite. Don't talk politics, even if you think you agree on the topic. I mean ever.
>>
>>38950633
What country are you from friend subhuman?
>>
>>38949097
maybe it feels like youre in a swamp because you ARE in a swamp
>>
>>38949962

>Round 1 opens in lithonia
>Gwinett Place turns into a zombie film when the asians start getting uppity about amazon prime
>Midtown full of AIDs despite Tech being down the street
>Martin Luther King Blvd. Needs no words
>Candler road is a long stretch of niggerism

I love being down here but damn shit gets fucked
>>
>>38950808

>It's a "Waving the confederate flag means you support slavery despite the confederacy standing for much more than that" episode

Thanks Dylann, you only helped fuck things up even harder
>>
File: 1497379863052.jpg (28KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
1497379863052.jpg
28KB, 600x330px
>>38951047
>>38951104
Bless your heart darlin
>>
>>38951194
I'll abstain from conversing with a rudeposter
>>
>>38949044
Grew up in Mississippi and I have to say I fucking hate it down there. Rednecks, Niggers, sweltering heat, flying cockroaches and all the buildings and trees look like shit. The food is the only redeeming quality, but it's still not enough to ever make me want go back. Nuke the South for all I care.
>>
>>38951165
"always hovering around 116" is a lot different than "a couple times per year"
>>
>>38949812
New England, that would be accurate, but the midwest, atleast outside the cities is rather red
>>
File: little_gem_magnolia_tree_m_lg.jpg (209KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
little_gem_magnolia_tree_m_lg.jpg
209KB, 375x500px
>>38951275
>trees look like shit
We got the best trees, go find one to swing in nigger
>>
>>38949044
Yes. TN is a pretty god-tier state in terms of comfiness
>>
>>38949812
I live in NYC and you basically cannot say that you voted for Trump in Manhattan unless you have a death wish
>>
>>38949044
I was born an still live in East Texas. Yes. I love the South and I especially love Texas. Even in the extreme heat I'd still rather be here than some urban/cali/NYC cesspool filled with nanny state cucks and nu-males sipping starbucks
>>
>>38951692
Texas isn't the South though
>>
>>38951763
The eastern/northern part is.
>>
Everyone romanticized the idea of living in the south, but in actuality it's not that great. For one the people here are fat as fuck. In some areas about 1/2 the people are obese. Also, a lot of areas are extremely undeveloped and ridden with poverty. Almost everyone seems to think less of you if you say you're an atheist. Right now it's hot as fuck too, so there's that.
>>
>>38949264
>fake a southern accent
everyone in the south will know your faking it
>>
File: 1496606339224.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496606339224.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>38951226
>Waving the confederate flag means you support slavery despite the confederacy standing for much more than that
>supporting the losers
>supporting the side that started the war at Sumter
>the side that forced hundreds of thousands of poor uneducated white farmers to die so that the rich could stay rich

the Confederacy were traitors
>>
>>38951847
>implying that the north wasnt the ones motivated by money
Sure was nice of those (((carpetbaggers))) to come and buy up all the land of those evil impoverished farmers when they could have just left them to die for fighting against their manipulative tarriffs
Least they wont be able to speak out now since a major chunk of their voting power has been stolen
>>
File: 1499028648233.jpg (2KB, 101x126px) Image search: [Google]
1499028648233.jpg
2KB, 101x126px
>>38951847
>the side that forced hundreds of thousands of poor uneducated white farmers to die so that the rich could stay rich
>being a moralfag while posting a sherman pepe
>>
File: CG.jpg (130KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
CG.jpg
130KB, 960x720px
>>38949044
>tfw no chubby southern gf
>>
>>38949075
Why/how do you visit the Carolinas for a month?
>>
File: 1482055611219.png (187KB, 869x499px) Image search: [Google]
1482055611219.png
187KB, 869x499px
>>38951847
the USA was founded by traitors
>>
>>38952941

No it was not. For in the case of the separation of the United States from Great Britain, there was the case of legitimacy which is perfectly explicated in the Declaration, while

Just exactly as the Brits of 1776-ish were traitors to the general human principles which were correctly described in the Declaration, so too were the later southerners traitors to same. That is exactly the reason why Lincoln had the Declaration as the basis of his political philosophy, that is why the North won, and that is why you are wrong in your use of words. And it doesn't even matter about the immediate intent or lack of concern for slaves on the part of the individual actors, because of God's movements through the whole business.

In order to claim to Right, you have to be more in line with God than your opponent. And not even necessarily because of what is immediately going on (so don't try that rebuttal either).
>>
>>38949044
It's total normie land
>>
>>38949290
I refuse to assimilate, not going to buy a truck when a crossover/hatchback literally has more utility
>>
>>38953012
>main argument is sky daddy
don't worry I won't bother writing one.
>>
>>38949778
Except for religion, you have to believe for sure for some reason in the south
>>
>>38953056

Because you are absolutely refuted on both grounds. There is a secular analogue to be made where you lose as well but you can't be fucked because you know yourself to understand that your understanding is objectively inferior.
>>
To many niggers here in Africa
>>
born & raised north dallas area. We're completely full of chinese, indians, midwesterners, and now californians. they're all driving up the cost of living because muh jobs & land. i'm gonna have to move to garland or east dallas and get stabbed every day. All in all pretty based but don't move here thanks
>>
>>38949044
It's a'ight. I was born and raised here. Lived in small towns all my life.

But I miss my time living in cities. It was so convenient.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.