[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I begin to idolize characters like Griffith from Berserk

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Griffith_Post-Eclipse_Manga.jpg (893KB, 1077x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith_Post-Eclipse_Manga.jpg
893KB, 1077x1600px
>tfw I begin to idolize characters like Griffith from Berserk and Kaworu from NGE
>tfw I am slowly realizing why people worship Jesus Christ as their lord and savior

Religion is starting to make sense to me now.
>>
>>38948566
I don't get it, people worship Jesus because they believe that following his morals they will go to heaven, and I'm pretty sure that's not why you like Griffith. Care to explain?
>>
>>38948799
He's an idiot, just ignore him.
>>
>>38948799
People also worship Jesus because he is an heroic ideal to strive towards.
>>
>>38948566
Griffith couldn't change the world by his own power, only through borrowed strength that perverted him.

Anon you also cannot change the world, but unlike Griffith there is no supernatural power that will change that either. You are not destined change the world and you will die alone like the rest of us.
>>
File: not savrasov.jpg (578KB, 2000x1372px) Image search: [Google]
not savrasov.jpg
578KB, 2000x1372px
Nice dubs, and I'll throw in my two cents cos I'm a huge Berserk fan as well as pretty familiar with Christianity.

Griffith is a textbook "the" antichrist. The antichrist (note "the;" anyone that would lead away from Jesus is AN antichrist, but THE antichrist as described in the Book of Revelations is a somewhat different beast) would be incredibly charming and appear innocent. I believe it's basically a direct paraphrase that the antichrist would have the appearance of a lamb and the voice of a dragon, which describes Griffith quite well.

Berserk is a good read in the context of christendom mythology beyond being the best manga; while Griffith is a textbook antichrist, Guts's character is honestly pretty close to what a lot of dogma predicts the second coming of Jesus would be like. Harsh and unforgiving, but isn't it kinda extraordinary how well-adjusted and kind-hearted Guts came out for his upbringing and past?
Additionally, the antichrist would give you a good existence on earth (as does Griffith), but you must reject him and choose poverty or death, as his earthly pseudo-paradise is corrupt and morally empty, beneath the surface.
>>
>>38948799
I wasn't referring to their moral character, just the idea of idolizing individuals and worshiping them. I get why you were confused since I included Kaworu, a messianic character that embodies the traits of Jesus.
>>
>>38949028
well, technically jesus also needed god's powers
>>
>>38949066
People look to Christ not because he is divine, but because he was supposedly one of us, except without sin.

People worship him because he was an exemplar of humanity's positive attributes not because of divinity. You can not emulate a god, only a man. That's what makes him accessible.
>>
>>38948799
Reminder that Griffith literally did nothing wrong and Jesus was just a carpenter that decided to break the law and subvert public order in his thirties.
>>
>>38949045
I thought griffith was based on machiavelli's the prince
>>
>>38949148
>People worship him because he was an exemplar of humanity's positive attributes not because of divinity.

muslim detected

sup achmed
>>
>>38949148
he is like spiderman
>>
File: levitan.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
levitan.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>38949222
them some fine trips you got their boy, and I don't mean what Miura specifically intended, but simply what wound up being the case

A lot of christian endtimes folks will warn you not to believe anyone that looks like Jesus, because that would be the easiest way for the antichrist to mislead you: by resembling the image of Jesus that Babylon has made ubiquitous.
>>
Weenie weenie penis haha
>>
>>38949250
All notable religions have had this human aspect, dating back to the Greeks. Giving their gods and goddesses human attributes made them more comprehensible and, as mentioned, accessible to the masses.

In fact I would argue this goes back to Gilgamesh and his great walled city of Uruk.

All modern religions have this aspect to them, whether it's buddha, mohammed, moses (Judaism is still a bit pagan) or christ. They all make sure to center their belief systems around humans or near humans, rather than incomprehensible wrathful blood gods.

Don't belong to a religion. The only one I would do is Judaism for shekels. Though I think Islam might endorse bdsm. Is that haram? Christfags too puritanical for me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.