[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 41

File: french-dips.jpg (242KB, 1600x1084px) Image search: [Google]
french-dips.jpg
242KB, 1600x1084px
College will start again in a few weeks at most.
Are you ready?
What are your plans for the semester?
>>
I made it through 1.5 years of college. All of the coursework was so fucking boring. im 22 and still have no fucking idea what I want to do. Much less, id rather a company just teach me something so I can afford to live rather than work to live.
>>
File: we live in the end times.jpg (163KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
we live in the end times.jpg
163KB, 1000x667px
>>38943908
Ha! You're like 40 years late to that party!
>he thought he'd find enployment
>he thought he'd get trained
>he thought he could use that to find love and start a family
>he thought he would find meaning in the small specks of light that have been extinquished
>mfw
>>
File: 1500295290783.jpg (110KB, 774x782px) Image search: [Google]
1500295290783.jpg
110KB, 774x782px
>>38942568
The meat on that french dip looks kinda odd for some reason.

Maybe it isn't a fresh dip...
>>
Need to graduate with a job in hand or else I'll become neet
>>
>>38944385
how do you intend to go about getting that
>>
File: 1489570174419.jpg (53KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
1489570174419.jpg
53KB, 300x350px
Should I get a job this semester? Is working while in college worth it if it's just for extra money?
I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time. If it's something that will benefit my major or future career somehow, I probably would take it, but I don't have any opportunities like that right now.
>>
>>38945129
I have no idea, just been doing the usual by preparing my resume but at this rate I'm considering all my options and I'm getting somewhat paranoid - maybe going for a quick end is smarter...
>>
File: scuffed.jpg (60KB, 1200x677px) Image search: [Google]
scuffed.jpg
60KB, 1200x677px
>>38945225

If it's just a regular job like retail/customer service. Then it won't help your future. If you can find a job that is like 10 hours a week, sure.
>>
File: 1500012049503.jpg (55KB, 529x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500012049503.jpg
55KB, 529x720px
Starting college at 27 after NEETdom for 9 years. I'm majoring in Biology, going for medical school. Wish me luck.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (80KB, 470x301px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
80KB, 470x301px
>>38942568
> Already started college again
> First day of class
> Same fags I was with last year
> Talking with girl
> "You're gay" as an insult
> Other girl pipes up
> "We already established this last year, him and anon2 are gay"
> First girl speaks up again
> "He never said that, anon is just anon, he doesn't like anybody"
> I finally talk
> "Or I could just be straight"
> Conversation stops dead

Why can't I just like women? Why do I either have to be gay or be implied as asexual? Am I just not allowed to like women? Fucking normies have to make me eccentric somehow rather than just letting me be a normal man.
>>
>>38942568
I'm taking a ballet class because somehow it will count towards my major
>>
>>38942568
Been a neet for 2 years now, don't know what I should do. Should I just get some meme degree/diploma like Computer Science and go along with it?
>>
File: djfnf.png (183KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
djfnf.png
183KB, 1024x576px
still two months of summer break for me. i'll spend next year as an exchange student in a foreign country and i'm scared shitless, lads.
>>
>>38942568
I go back in two weeks. Just found out my roommate is the RA. Fuck me.
>>
>>38945486

Good luck anon, sounds like you have a solid idea of what sort of career you want after you graduate. Unfortunately I fell for the "go to college right after high school" meme without knowing what the fuck I wanted to do, and only at the end of my junior year did I decide to do IT and software engineering. At this rate I'll either be doing an extra three years for the BSc or, if I'm accepted, an extra two for the MSc, though the MSc has less internship/co-op opportunities (the BCs has thre while the MSc only one).
>>
>>38942568
Going to community collage as culinary (hopefully)
Going to be easy for me and I cant wait to live in a big boy city all by my self.
Cant wait to get back to work and shit.
>>
>>38946230
>RA
>lives with a roommate
Jesus fuck, do they really do this?
>>
File: 1501884784185.jpg (35KB, 577x577px) Image search: [Google]
1501884784185.jpg
35KB, 577x577px
>>38944014
This is gay.
You can find work.
Get a fuckin skill.
>>
File: IMG_4531.jpg (26KB, 275x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4531.jpg
26KB, 275x282px
This summer I made some dough and pretty much lost all interest in the opposite sex. I'm ready.
>>
>>38945462
Bull shit work 40 a week doing night shifts and school during the day.
Dont be a bitch.
>>
>>38945596
>Am I just not allowed to like women?
Nigger you are at collage dont talk to women its literally rape.
>>
>>38946530
I don't wish this on anyone if they have a way around it. I did this myself and it is terrible. Couldn't study during work hours either. It seriously fucks with your study time, especially if it's a hard degree. If it's something like an MBA that's also very bad, because from what I'm told generally they cuck you by making you do group projects, and if you don't have time to meet teammates and put in solid effort, you're hurting everyone including yourself.
>>
>>38946498
I can, that's why I'm doing Navy. Fuck trying to compete for below minimum wage.
>>
Hopefully make some friends. I want an easy part-time job to make $600-800/month.
>>
File: fiat-slug.png (114KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
fiat-slug.png
114KB, 300x254px
>plans for the semester
just have fun and be yourself <33
>>
I can handle getting a good job. All I really want is a virgin gf I can relate to.
>>
>>38946575
just be attractive
getting girls is so fucking easy at school
they all want the pipe
>>
File: 1497990620205.gif (1MB, 738x761px) Image search: [Google]
1497990620205.gif
1MB, 738x761px
>>38942568
>Are you ready?
Not entirely. I still need to finish my summer work and pack up the truck.

What are your plans for the semester?
>don't go back to smoking
>run often and actually make use of the gym facilities
>straight A's
>have sex with a nonwhite
>have sex with a girl who isn't blonde
>have lots and lots of sex
>don't put off laundry and set aside quarters for it instead of trying to break large bills
>get good letters of rec
>>
I'm going to be a senior biology major with a 3.0 gpa. I'm fucked I'll be lucky if I can find a job that won't make me want to kill myself.
>>
>>38945486
>>38946423
My niggers we need to talk.
26 here, navy veteran. Been out since 23 though and couldnt get myself to start school or find a passion. Starting this spring.
>>
>>38947390
>I can, that's why I'm doing Navy
Navy vet, whats rate you choosing senpai?
>>
Im nervous guys. Im transfering from a community college to a bigger state college. Im scared of so many things, like flunking out, not making any friends, remaining virgin.
>>
>>38948236
Haven't done anything official, but I'm going to contact soon
>inb4 all talk
I had to loose about 50lbs for this, which I have. I'm serious about it, it's just I'm finally at a weight that won't disqualify me and that happened just last week.
Anyways, I would love to be a naval reactors engineer (3.5 math grad), but I know that's a huge leap from doing literally nothing so I'm not sure what to expect with that. I've been told SWO is something up my ally, but I'm more or less going in blind because everyone I know has negative to neutral feelings about our military. Most of the people I've talked to flat out tried to tall me out of it, but if I ask what I should do instead it's always:
>Uh...I dunno something will come up
Sorry that became a rant. Any advice for me? Looking to do officer because of the degree, but I have no idea what I want to do in life which also led me to this position. I'm just ready to do something.
>>
>>38946681
Should have got a trade then.
>>38947390
LOL enjoy the anal sex bro.
>>
>>38946198
why would you sign up for that seirously?
>>
>>38947933
Fill up a tub of water and soap and how water hand wash you clothes.
Nigga don't know about my scrub life.
>>
>>38948389
Well if you want to be an officer being a SWO is kind of a catch all. Nothing wrong with that but its a very vanilla officer job. Id avoid being a NUKE if I was you. You will effectively pigeon hole yourself and its not worth it. Maybe sometype of intel officer position? If you want to go enlisted I have a much better perspective on that.
>>
>>38948519
Hey I'm open to anything and everything. I'd love to hear your experience.
>>
>classes non-stop from 8:30AM to 4 PM

Mondays are going to be interest days
>>
>>38948543
Well I was an OS on 2 cruisers in san Diego and I loved it. I was only in for 4 years and im out now about to use the gi bill. Deployed twice around asia and had a blast. Overall the experience was awesome and id do it again in a heartbeat.
>>
get back to university to see long term gf which is going terrible and on the verge of breaking up, planning to fuck my ex

im in my third year and this all i care about, NEETdom here i come
>>
Sophomore here. Is this a bad schedule?

Biology
Biology Lab
Organic Chemistry
Organic Chemistry Lab
Elementary Statistics
Sociology
American Literature

Total of 17 hours. It's going to be my hardest semester yet for sure but I think I can handle it, I'm mostly worried about the two science labs.
>>
I'm finally transferring from CC to a uni after being a NEET for a while.

I'm 25, and I'm going into Electrical Engineering. Engiebots, level with me:

How fucked am I if I have literally NO job experience? Will this matter when looking for engineering internships, or do they mainly care about GPA, projects, ECs, and research/lab work?
>>
>>38942568
Finally had the courage to look up my year 2 results. 3 2:1s and 2 2:2s. Was pretty pleased as I was certain that I'd completely flunked due to going through a rough patch mentally.

Roll on Year 3. I was barely coping as it is so this will be fun...
>>
>>38948695
that looks hard lol
source, am pharmacy major
i do have to take medchem pharmacology and some other bullshit this semester and its gonna be hard as fuck lol
>>
>25
>been back for 2 weeks
>no friends

why the hell is it so hard to make friends? like you meet people during class, yet nobody ever seems to talk in there, but then suddenly they are all friends. i initiate conversations, etc, but never can make friends.
>>
>>38943908
18 is way too young to go to college and decide on what you want to do for the next 40 years. This system is fucked
>>
>>38945225
You should defiantly work, it's nice pocket change. I made a mistake by working 30hrs/week while taking 3 AP classes my Sr year in HS. I'm also starting this semester. Just don't overwork yourself
>>
>>38948608
That sounds great. I'll admit, the chance to see more of the world is a big reason I'm thinking navy over AF. I'm glad it worked out for you anon. Good luck with everything from here on out.
>>
>Software Engineering
>Operating Systems Administration
>Java Software Development
>Database Programming
>Internet Application development

Rate my classes this semester
>>
>>38949633
Word, word of advice is no matter what route you go try to get stationed on either a crusier or destroyer and make sure its west side. San Diego, Hawaii, or Yokosuka Japan.
>>
>>38947802
i can't wait to transfer here next year. how is it?
>>
>>38947902
Jus bee Ur self meme
I'm don't care I fuck hookers.
>>
>>38948695
>Total of 17 hours

Is that including labs? When I took orgo as an undergrad, it was 5 hours of lecture a week plus 4 hours of lab a week.

Also is there any reason why you're taking 5 classes?
>>
>>38949521
So many people go to graduate school now and pivot to an entirely new field / industry. Most people's jobs straight out of undergraduate aren't even super related to their major anymore.
>>
>>38948771
recommendations and some kind of portfolio.
>>
>>38949734
Isn't that like 3 hours of lectures a day? Sounds like vacation to me.
>>
>>38942568
FUCK INTERNSHIPS. NIGGAS AT MY CAMPUS GOING INTO ENGINEERING AND TEACHING GET THEM HANDED TO THEM WHILE EVERYONE ONE ELSE HAS TO STRUGGLE TO FIND ONE. FUCK
>>
File: 1446392006080.jpg (156KB, 680x885px) Image search: [Google]
1446392006080.jpg
156KB, 680x885px
>>38942568
>last semester of uni starts next week
>never had a gf
>never had sex
>never kissed a girl
>already losing contact with people I knew who graduated because I'm a fucking autist
>already have a problem talking to people, especially women, so it'll be harder after uni
>getting a shit degree
>still no goal, drive, or passion
>will probably kill my self within two years of graduation

Can't fucking wait
>>
>>38949874
>already losing contact with people I knew who graduated because I'm a fucking autist

This is literally just part of joining the real world.

>>38949824
I'm not even sure who you're replying to, but in upper level chemistry classes every hour of lecture usually came with an hour of homework, two hours of lab reports, and an hour of figuring out what the fuck you're even meant to be doing.
>>
>>38949704
took some getting used to but now i absolutely love it, cant wait to go back. the campus is beautiful, people are chill, definitely not the typical college experience in terms of partying. weed aplenty as well.
if you have any specific questions i'd be happy to try and answer them.
>>
>>38949964
>This is literally just part of joining the real world.
Even when it was two months ago and we have multiple ways of contacting each other
>>
>>38950117
Irrelevant. It's just like how you lose touch with your high-school friends pretty soon after going to college. People go their separate ways, get jobs, get married, and start new lives. It doesn't mean you aren't still friends though.

As you get older, friendships generally require less maintenance. In grade school you see your best friends every day, in high school you see them every week, but once you get older it's not uncommon to go months without talking to some of your best friends.

unless you marry your best friend, but this is /r9k/, none of us know about that kind of thing.
>>
>>38950213
Guess so, I've only kept up with one guy from highschool via steam. Not like I knew too many in highschool anyway

>unless you marry your best friend, but this is /r9k/, none of us know about that kind of thing.
Thanks for reminding me. It's not like I was already feeling like shit
>>
File: 1501542070001.jpg (13KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
1501542070001.jpg
13KB, 600x576px
FUCK IT I HATE THIS SHIT AT LEAST WORKING IN A FACTORY ISNT SO FUCKING STRESSFUL AND AGGRAVATING
>>
>>38950390
That's why I want those jobs to come back
>>
File: lxyzg8loiN1qls8ovo1_250.png (68KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
lxyzg8loiN1qls8ovo1_250.png
68KB, 250x333px
Anyone here ever seriously considered trade school?
Whats stopped you from doing it?
>>
go out there you young bots. go out there and try something different. something mortifying, something that may end up totally embarrassing. you think you won't live it down but guess what? you will. because people will always look for someone new to laugh at. and if they don't let you live it down, it's easier than ever now to tell them fuck off, the world's yuuuge, and they have nothing better to do than to laugh at some nobody? don't be embarrassed about being uncool, a robot, or ugly or whatever. you're a human being too. and while it might be harder for you to get laid (unfair i know) that shouldn't stop you from doing whatever the fuck you want otherwise.

go be THAT guy. and then be ALSO THAT guy. do shit. if i was forced to play skyrim as an orc with shit stats, i'd still play. if nothing else, i'd troll people. take others down with me. prove publicly that we're all insecure, vulnerable, and we all have the potential to be mean as fuck. get out there ya cunt. and give people whatever you think they deserve.
>>
>>38949508
I notice this as well. In the same boat as you famalam.

Bumping for advice.

In general I find that if they see that youre older they tend to avoid you, maybe they dont think they relate.
Contrary to the anecdotal posts that claim that percieved maturity is an advantage. I guess you have to give the vibe that your fun to be around.
>>
>>38949508
A) They meet up at parties you were either invited to and didn't go, or weren't invited to B) They party and meet up at random in the club, share contact details, and keep clubbing.

I've also found that 'normies' tend to have the most boring fucking conversations. They tend to flock together and at some point that becomes a friendship
>>
>>38950513
No and no because I'm dumb

>>38950518
didn't read
>>
File: 1500007769040.png (48KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
1500007769040.png
48KB, 219x219px
>pick something to do after grad in a rush
>Think its okay
>Start getting second thoughts

Kill me
>>
>>38945831
man i really need to learn how to dance
>>
has anyone actually gotten a job after graduating with a shit degree?
>>
>starting 3rd year soon
>picked history major

It was only a month ago I realized, "wait what the fuck am I going to do with this degree." I only picked it because history is the only thing I'm interested in.
Am I fucked?
>>
>>38949734
Yea, that's including labs. The labs technically count as 1 credit hour, which is bullshit because in actuality they last for two hours usually. Plus with the lab reports you have to write I easily spend just as much time on my 1 credit hour labs as I do on the 3 credit hour lecture portion.

Also, 5 hours of organic lecture a week? Did you take it during the summer or something? That's a lot, yo. Maybe my college is different but I thought 3 credit hours was pretty standard for most classes.
>>
>>38949734
Is 5 classes unusual? I consider it about average.
>>
>>38951473
I work security at a call center/bank. Apparently, anyone with at least a Bachelor's degree can apply there. They don't care what your degree is in they just want you to have it. People get paid $20+ there so I guess that's pretty good. I guess the tradeoff is that job security is shit as they keep downsizing and outsourcing a lot of the jobs to India.
>>
>>38951512
How the hell have you just been mindlessly attending classes without thinking about why you're doing it?
>>
>>38942568
>second year
Just transferred closer to home so I can commute
>switching majors to Computer Science(from bio)
>a lot of my previous credits will be electives at best (the bright side is I probably won't have to take any more natural science)
Class lineup:
Comp 2
Computer science 1
discrete mathematics
CPR class (for phys ed req)
>>
File: 1486161794501.png (486KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1486161794501.png
486KB, 900x973px
>>38942568
>last chance to take mandatory PE classes for my degree
>signed up and promised to lose weight over the summer
>230 lbs then
>245 lbs now
>>
>>38950518
This is nice.
I really wish I could follow through and do any of it
>>
>>38951730
What is up with all of these people switching to Comp Sci?
What do you guys expect to be doing in the future that makes it so appealing?
>>
>>38950945
>A) They meet up at parties you were either invited to and didn't go, or weren't invited to B) They party and meet up at random in the club, share contact details, and keep clubbing.

i doubt it. i live in Australia where majority of people don't live on campus so they are still friends with people from HS

it just seems like weeks 1-3, nobody talks to each other and then suddenly everyone starts sitting in groups and are friends. i'm not ugly or socially autistic and as i said, i initiate conversations with nearly everyone i sit near. it seems like everyone else sucks socially, but seem to make friends fine.
>>
File: 1502193743215.png (515KB, 551x713px) Image search: [Google]
1502193743215.png
515KB, 551x713px
>>38951755
Idk, I had a lot of trouble deciding what I want to do (still do but I think I'm on the right track) and computers/technology are something I like.
>I like building computers
>Sounds lame but I really want to build a sentient AI to destroy the world
>good money and in high demand for almost all companies
>>
>>38951722
I really wish I could tell you but I'm not sure how I've done it either. I might just be really stupid.
>>
File: happy hopps.gif (2MB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
happy hopps.gif
2MB, 500x469px
Anyone but me excited for the next year? I got good grades last year and I'll be living with 4 friends, 2 are on my course. I'm gonna join clubs and stuff I didn't do last year

I have IBD which drags my quality of life down a bit, but when I'm well I feel super upbeat and happy with everything
>>
I have an exam in an hour and a half. Give (yous) for luck.
>>
>>38949508
Because you're trying to make friends. It has to happen naturally, you can't force it.
>>
>>38952112
You got this bro. Here is a (You).
>>
>>38950513
Around last year /pol/ almost sold me on the 'college is a meme' meme. The thing about trade school is that the physical nature of the work means your body will start breaking down after a few decades, quicker than it otherwise would. College is still a better deal if you're smart about it. And I don't want to be an uneducated prole.
>>
>>38951657
a bachelor's degree needed for a security job? The market really is saturated.
>>
>>38951730
Looks like a pretty easy lineup. Also
>CPR class
That's a whole class? It takes like an hour to learn...
>>
File: 1496128378300.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496128378300.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>38952364
Idk how they are going to stretch it out for a semester but it can't possible be challenging lol
>>
File: 1492324826152.png (104KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
1492324826152.png
104KB, 500x529px
>>38952015
At least you're motivated.
I couldn't do any of that without some assurance that I'd get something out of it. Probably why I don't go to school right now
>>
>>38952015
you could take some education classes and be a history teacher

all you need to do is give the kids worksheets and have them take turns reading from the book
>>
>>38951657
Whats your degree senpai?
>>
There are no girls in my classes. At all. There are a few Chinese girls but I'm not attracted to Asian people.

How will I ever get a girlfriend at this rate?
>>
I'm 26, almost 27, and starting my first semester next month. I'm kind of scared about being around that many people.
>>
>>38953115
Are you doing compsci or engineering? If so I have no solution for you.
>>
>>38952253
>Naturally happen
> it doesn't

>>38951831
What uni do you go to? are you the same poster as >>38950945

>t. 25y.o undergrad

>You gotta go out there and maek fwends anon! B URSELF XDDD You gotta give em a firm handshake senpai.
>>
>>38942568
Starting uni in September. I'm scared, anon. Last year of high school was terrible. I'm an outcast. I don't like/don't know/don't want to talk to other people. Never made any friends in my life, never went to any gatherings. On top of that I can get pretty depressed. Many people seem to look at uni like a new chance at life and I realize they may be right. Nobody will know me and I can hide my powerlevel. But I just don't want to fucking try, I've got no energy or will to do so and I feel guilty as fuck for not even trying (and I haven't even started)
>>
>>38953115
Become a doctor. Lots of girls going into healthcare professions and every girl wants a doctor.
>>
File: 1461232269060.gif (2MB, 390x520px) Image search: [Google]
1461232269060.gif
2MB, 390x520px
getting ready for my very last exam on friday and its a huge one. if i pass i will basically have finished uni. if i fail i will have to kill half a year of time doing god knows what until the exam is offered again.
the pressure is real guys, i can tell you that. im not usually one to make a fuzz about tests but this one even i feel. heres hoping the prof doesnt pull a bunch of new awkward questions out of his ass.
>>
>>38953463
Instead of worrying about fitting in or whatever, just focus on doing one thing really well: your grades. Everything will fall into place if you have success in your academics. Conversely, everything will fall apart if you neglect your grades. I was a robot coming into college, and during my first semester I just focused on doing well in all my classes, I didn't really go to parties or socialize or anything. Now I'm in a fraternity, have a girlfriend, and a 4.0 gpa. It's important to just take baby steps toward improving yourself instead of getting overwhelmed like you are now. We all gonna make it brah
>>
>>38953546
What class? Even if it's a hard subject you have three whole days to prepare. I always feel like I can get ready for just about any test if I have between 2-3 full days to study.
>>
>tfw community college brainlet

I have 16 credit hours of classes this semester.

>General Chemistry I (3+1) - This will be my easiest subject
>General Biology II (3+1)
>European Medieval History (3) (over 3500 hours in EU4, this should be fun)
>Precalculus (5) - Online

Any tips for first day in class? (Particularly where to sit/who to sit with/etc)
>>
>>38953607
biochemistry which is basically "learn all those structures and metabolic processes lmao". i know youre right, after all ive passed harder tests with less time, but wow it really feels like shit when the stakes are this high.
>>
>>38942568
Im excited. I'm going into my 2nd year with purpose and vision. I'm 25 and I'm so glad I didn't end up going to university when I was 18 or something, would've been a massive waste.
>>
>>38953627
Don't sleep on general chemistry. It's fairly easy overall but the difficulty curve goes up pretty sharply as time goes on. For the first few tests you can generally get away with only studying the day before, but once you get to the point where you're studying redox reactions and solution equilibria you have to devote a lot more time to it.
>>
>>38953627
>General Chemistry I (3+1) - This will be my easiest subject
anon do not fuck with chemistry. its clear you havent seen the autism behind it.
>Any tips for first day in class?
shower and come dresses like a normal human being. after that get lucky. the social groups fall into place during the first couple of days and dont change much after that, but its so much out of your control theres no need to tryhard it. just pray someone notices you.
>>
>>38953712

I took an basic chemistry course already so, I think I have good grasp of basic concepts, which is why I am saying the class should be my easiest. Although, it was mostly math and less on theory. We did touch on redox reactions and very little on solution equilibria. It's actually my favorite subject, so I don't see myself sleeping.
>>
>>38953759
Not him, but if that's all you did you will absolutely get BTFO by college chemistry. Prepare your butthole.
>>
>>38949647

Codemonkey.JobWillOutsourceToCheapPajetes/10
>>
>>38953783

I don't think so, I chose the best professor at the school in the spring before most people even started picking classes. They also have previous mid/final exams for it. I used those to study for my basic chemistry course.
>>
>>38949647
Waste of time/10. College programming and "software engineering" classes are a joke.
>>
>>38953513
>sacrifice your life and sanity to medicine because hot nurses lol
>>
>>38949647
I don't know the first thing about computer science, but those classes sound like something you'd take at ITT tech, not a respectable CS program.
>>
File: silent hill nurse.jpg (28KB, 366x491px) Image search: [Google]
silent hill nurse.jpg
28KB, 366x491px
>>38953834
It's what I'm doing desu. If you're smart and have nothing else going for you why not? Money, bitches, sounds decent to me despite all the bullshit.
>>
>>38947802
You're that fucking autist who shitposts that every day
>>
>>38953876
ah, to be 17 once over. enjoy it anon, it wont last forever.
>>
>>38950518

This is probably the single best piece of illuminating advice I've read on this shithole of a board.
>>
>>38953876
What autistic game is that from?

Is it comfy?

I'm an 18 yo newfag, but this thread is too normie for me to reply otherwise
>>
>>38953918
>how do i read a filename guys XD
>>
>>38950518
Give me one reason why.
>>
>>38953918
>filename
It's the opposite of comfy
>>
>>38952064
I'm excited. About to start semior year. Class should be less stressful and more interesting since I've finished most of my credits. Hoping to make the most of it also.
>>
>>38953894
bro how is that a shitpost? just want to find some ucsc friends in a UNI thread. chill out
>>
>>38952316
This isn't true. Working a trade will keep you active and healthy unlike being a desk jokey. Working manual labor is something else entirely.
>>
>>38953954
Doesn't welding fuck up your eyesight? And I can't imagine plumbing or being an electrician are great for your general health either.
>>
>>38953977
Welding only fucks up your eyesight if you neglect to use proper safety equipment. As far as electricians and plumbers idk. I've never known a fat electrician, but plumbers on the other hand...
>>
File: 6120-07534385en_Masterfile.jpg (42KB, 299x450px) Image search: [Google]
6120-07534385en_Masterfile.jpg
42KB, 299x450px
>>38952316
T. Electrician

>Bend conduit and run wires all day, occasionally need to test voltage to see whether I'm getting power to a motor or receptacle
>Got ripped in 6 months from just going to work
>32/hr with 2x for overtime
Enjoy being a skinny loser "software engineer"
>>
I'm finishing up a turbo normie online class atm. I'm hoping to make some friends and fet good grades going part time. I got a diploma years ago and work full time so i'm going to be crazy busy. Big thing I worry about are all the 18 and 19 year olds. At 27, I can't really relate to then anymore.
>>
>>38954096
not studying software engineering...
>>
>>38954100
not true, we have a 25 year old guy in our group of general misfits. just dont expect to be part of the cool kids but since youre here that probably wasnt an option in the first place. do expect to be forced into the wise old senpai role though.
>>
2nd year at 22, I took the rest of my easy classes(and one chemistry class)so I could smoke dank and work on my comic, using what I've learned about chemistry.
I've decided I'm only going to fuck skinny girls from now on
>>
>>38952316
Working in trades only fucks up your body if you don't wear the proper gear and don't know how to take care of your body. Do stretches in the morning and wear shit like knee pads and whatever gear there and unless you get hurt somehow you're good. And you could still take classes using the wonderful invention known as the internet as well.
>>
>tfw study computer science and fucked around first year

don't make my mistake the exams will drag you down like an anchor
>>
File: 1501790051629.jpg (58KB, 748x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501790051629.jpg
58KB, 748x960px
>>38951738
Muscles weigh more than fat retard. You literally grew muscles but you're still a fat fuck. Just eat less, it's not hard
>>
>>38954156
It's just odd seeing questions the online professor asks about "your future career" and "finding yourself" or every person introducing themselves be 18, live with parents, have never worked. While i'm developing a career I already have, i'm not trying to find myself, etc. Aside from that, other folks tell me that weird sjw stuff is way, way more intense on campuses than when I did trade school 5 years ago.
>>
>>38954387
>other folks
shouldnt you stop taking everything the internet tells you at face value at 27? "that weird sjw stuff" is a meme created by people not in uni and you fell for it.
>>
File: 1501435772401.png (132KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1501435772401.png
132KB, 396x385px
>>38954451
It is a meme. What do you work as now? At Some low end family consulting or at school as an "advisor" both earning sub par 30k? You do realize there are websites like payscale, LinkedIn salaries, and Glassdoor? It's well known that liberal arts majors will be make less on average than STEM.
>>
File: 1461466450769.jpg (17KB, 670x446px) Image search: [Google]
1461466450769.jpg
17KB, 670x446px
>>38954328
>Muscles weigh more than fat retard
This makes absolutely no sense
Although I do know what you mean.
>>
>>38953876
If you're smart and have nothing else going for you go learn CS or some other engineering shit. Becoming a doctor is a horrifying 10-year process, t. every doctor ever.
>>
>>38954451
Other folks is referring to irl people I know. One guy I know who got confused as fuck because there was a 20 minute discussion on "How were poc's treated in ancient israel and what axes of oppression were they treated on." It was surreal to him how he was the only person to not know all these terms, thought poc might be milspeak for "person of contact"
>>
I literally can't concentrate for more than a minute without alt-tabbing off what I'm doing AAAAAA
>>
I've basically stopped caring and I'm only taking two classes this semester. Classes I know won't involve group projects.

I only do it because then my parents won't make me get a job. I want to die
>>
>>38942568
I felt 2 times through the easiest exam in college (it had a 20% failing rate), I don't even know what I did wrong, I wait until the assistant shows me my exam and explain to me what the problem was, then I learn for it again.

I was the only one who failed the second time.
>>
>>38954100

fellow 25yr old here bro. it sucks, everytime i see a qt, ive got to remind myself im 6-7 years older than them
>>
>tfw working full time as sysadmin
>starting masters degree in falll

When will it end
>>
File: 1446415121168.png (362KB, 495x371px) Image search: [Google]
1446415121168.png
362KB, 495x371px
>Are you ready?
Fuck no, I hate college. I'd rather be sleeping all day. Glad it's my last year in this shithole.
>What are your plans for the semester?
Do the bare minimum. Fuck doing anything else.
>still no qt bf
>>
> 1.5 years into mechE degree and I realise I fucking hate it
> Severe acne because of stress
> Don't want to leave house because embarrassed by acne
> Getting fat because stopped going gym and stress eating
> Haven't talked to girls in ages
> Every fucking moment of my life consumed by worry, self-doubt, anxiety and stress about my school work

If my parents weren't alive I swear to christ I'd pull the fucking trigger right now
>>
>>38955940
any reason you're sticking with mech if you hate it?
t. former mechE
>>
>>38948695
standard premed/biochem. you don't even have the right to say you're premed until you finish the year out.

>>38949647
Java/10

>>38951730
>discrete mathematics
oh boy, it's that class that every compsci student complains about.
it's hit or miss, it's probably the first non-babby tier math you're taking, and even then it's kinda babby unless your professor is hard

>>38951845
>Sounds lame but I really want to build a sentient AI to destroy the world
good luck. that's research level shit. you need some combination of busting your ass, random luck, and a spark of genius to make it in research

>>38953627
sit near the front. makes it more awkward to be on your phone or slack off so you end up paying more attention.
>3500 hours in EU4
>not playing CK2, the superior game
jeez i take all it back there is no hope for you at all now.
>>
>history major going into senior year
>haven't done a single internship, don't even know how I'd find one
>still don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life, but know that I'd make a shit teacher
>career advising center at my school have done nothing to help me despite meeting with them several times
ahahahaha i'm so fucked

On top of that
>kissless virgin
>haven't made a single friend over the last three years
>>
>>38955940
>engineering
>doesnt talk to girls

What the fuck did you expect
>>
File: 1470693888466.png (301KB, 643x636px) Image search: [Google]
1470693888466.png
301KB, 643x636px
>>38958046
I know every single one of those feels, anon. Is an internship required for your degree? I'm lucky enough to attend a university in a city rich with historical sites and museums, so I'm not too worried about finding one for my last semester.
>>
>>38958648
It's not, but getting any kind of a decent job would be much easier if I did an internship.
At least you have your location going for you, I go to college in a suburban wasteland and I don't have a car so it's not like I can even travel to an internship
>>
>>38958046
Why did you go to study history?
>>
I should have graduated in July. Finished my bachelor thesis and all but am missing 1 semester worth of credits so I have to go back and get that done.

Sucks ass cause it's abroad in the Netherlands but at least I can smoke weed all day like usual to compensate.
>>
>>38958705
I suggest visiting your local library and asking around, as they often have spots available for uni students in need of experience. My plan is to graduate and move on to earning a MLIS online and eventually work in archives and libraries, so if I'm lucky I'll net a cozy internship at some nearby library and work my way through the ranks as I do my online classes.
>>
>>38942568
I haven't even signed up for classes. My PIN for registering isn't working for some reason I'll have to go talk to someone about that.
>>38944032
It looks like prime rib dip to me.
>>
File: battery.jpg (87KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
battery.jpg
87KB, 960x640px
I'm starting a week or two early for band camp, assuming I pass the audition. I've practiced hard, and seeing as I'm a vet now I won't stress getting cut by some freshman, which is nice. I can plan for what the actual semester is going to be like after that is out of the way.
>>
Fuc my GPA is 3.0 I don't think I can get an internship this time
>>
>>38949606
I'm a junior actually. I've just never worked during the semester before, so I'm wondering if I can even handle it since I'm shit with time management. I'll try to find one that's not more than 15 hours a week.
>>
File: 1496689897245.png (296KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496689897245.png
296KB, 500x500px
>>38959749
Don't think I'll pass summer repeat. I still go to the next year but I would have to pay an extra 500 to do another class to make up my credit shortage. I guess it's not.....that bad.
>>
>>38959749
Haha fuck anon, didn't mean to qoute you. But I feel for ya.
>>
Where do you guys get your textbooks from? The prices are crazy.
>>
>>38960328
Uni shop but its like 60-70 for just 1, it's crazy. I got most of mine 2nd hand online.
>>
>>38960328
Pirated every single one.
>>
>>38960328
Amazon, still expensive but I'm going to sell them at half price to freshers next year to make some money back.

Only needed a 1,000 page organic chemistry book for one chapter and now I'm done with it forever.
>>
Going into my 5th year because I fucked up my sophomore year. My GPA is shit, and I don't think I'm going to find a job. Even if I do, I feel like my only option is to make alright money at a job I hate and kill myself at 40.
>>
To get aids from my Math Professor.
>>
Starting college this September, will be joining the medicine-fraternity, doing sports and generally enjoying the journey. I wish you all luck!
>>
I keep failing my diet
>>
>tfw parents were military and I get GI Bill payments just for going to school and not having an ass-tier GPA

I know I'm fucking myself over by not having any work experience past one job in high school but fuck this is comfy
>>
>>38960328
See if you can pirate a pdf version first. If not, check Amazon and other sites like Chegg or Abebooks. Only buy shit from the bookstore as a last resort (or on the odd chance that the price there is the same as online)
>>
I'm applying to graduate school in the Fall and I need to submit an NSF fellowship application in October. I have a good chance of getting into my top school but my GPA sucks and I've done research only in the past year so I'll probably get rejected from all my secondary choices and the NSF.

The rest of the Summer is going to be a ton of work as I need to get ally my shit together, take the GRE, and move to a new apartment.
>>
>>38948695
>biology
Easiest science. You'll be fine.

>Organic chemistry
So basically shit involving HONC. Interesting but the hardest thing is probably remembering isomers lol

>stats
Easy as fuck. You'll be fine.

>Sociology
lolololololol

>Am Lit
My favorite genre of English. Idk if you like it, but learn to. Huck Finn is the greatest novel of all time.

You'll be fine mate.
>>
File: 1501125759645.jpg (75KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501125759645.jpg
75KB, 768x1024px
>>38963004
>Biology the easiest science
Not at my school; it's a known weed-out course for knuckle-dragging "premeds" that don't actually have what it takes. I think its reputation is probably inflated because of all the freshman brainlets that take it but I can't be sure. But you're probably right, I've taken all of general chemistry and physics and made A's in those so I can't imagine general biology will pose a greater challenge

I'm glad to hear stats is easy though.
>>
>tfw still have acne at 20
>old classmates always ask me how I still have acne
Does this shit never go away? I've had this since I was 13 in fucking middle school.
>>
All Universities in my country start on 1 Octomber so I guess I have about 2 months of being a shit.

>Are you ready
Not quite. Hopefully not quite yet.

>What are your plans for the semester
Don't commit financial suicide.
>>
>>38963004
>>biology
>Easiest science. You'll be fine.
I was in "pre-med" back when I thought it shouldn't be hard and I can get my way into a good-payin' job. Needless to say, I dropped out because biology was horrid.

It's literally nothing but "memorise by heart". Worst thing is, after 2 years people still expect me to know anatomy despite A. being a dropout, B.not getting past nervous sytem before dropping out C.didn't retain shit about nervous system regardless.

>Organic chemestry
I personally enjoyed it, at least for the first part.
>>
Britbong reporting in

>Are you ready?
About to leave for BurgerLand on an exchange program, the journey shouldn't be too bad - apart from having to go through JFK airport during the afternoon.

>What are your plans for the semester?
Put in a decent amount of work, don't run out of money before the term ends, and try not to land up in hospital and get screwed over by the university's mandatory health insurance plan It's LSU - and hey, I might as well try to get into a relationship, I'm assuming that being an exchange student gives me a slight advantage.
>>
File: hotty toddy.jpg (101KB, 736x845px) Image search: [Google]
hotty toddy.jpg
101KB, 736x845px
>>38965652
Shoulda come to Ole Miss. The superior Southern school.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error223.png (552KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error223.png
552KB, 1280x720px
>>38946507
Did you do anything else than working that is out of the ordinary to lose interest in the succubi? I can't afford to think about that garbage in the coming year.
>>
>>38965652
>>38966033
>LSU
>Ole Miss
Theyre both in the south so theyre both dawg shit anyway
>>
File: 1502216600699.gif (796KB, 498x466px) Image search: [Google]
1502216600699.gif
796KB, 498x466px
>Aerodynamics
>Structures and Materials
>Flight Dynamics & Control
>Vibrations
>Aerospace Vehicle Design and Systems Integration
>Space Systems
>Engineering Mathematics
>Professional Engineering

Ironically enough the one I'm worried about the most is this "professional engineering"
>>
>>38966276
Objectively false. I've been very happy with it
>>
>>38966495
>the south
Gross dude. Get some self respect and move away from creole niggers and white "southerners" which are barely better.
>>
Just transferred from a cc after being stuck there because I couldn't pass math. Now I'm taking 15 credit hours at a meh tier state school for a poli sci degree. I won't be in any debt when I'm done so thats good. I'm also taking internships and trying to network as best as I can but I'm still afraid I'm gonna end up with no jobs that pay very much. Trying to work in the public sector.
>>
>>38966609

not him but the south objectively has the hottest girls in the US, I say this as a yankee that went to school there and now I live on the west coast. Like its not even close if you love blonde hair blue eyed white girls.
>>
File: 1502305241509.png (384KB, 1013x915px) Image search: [Google]
1502305241509.png
384KB, 1013x915px
>>38966662
>has the hottest girls in the US
not a very high bar there buddy
>>
>>38966662
>the south objectively has the hottest girls in the US
Are you insane? The south easily has the highest obesity rates and lowest IQs.
I hate the admit it but california easiest has the hottest girls. When I was in the Navy and lived in SD the city was literally infested with hot college girls.
>>
Going into my senior year.

Honesty? I don't want to say my college life was amazing or anything, but I've learned so much about so manby things. Most of which have been outside the classroom. I've grown signifcantly as a person and I'm glad I've had the opurtunity to experience the college life.
>>
>>38960328
Library Genesis free ebooks and PDFs of books
>>
File: 1501219613843.png (311KB, 439x456px) Image search: [Google]
1501219613843.png
311KB, 439x456px
>i'll be moving to my room next month
>it has a kitchen and private bathroom which is nice but
>fucking limited internet
>sadpanda probably banned
>slow as shit
>can't download stream movies/shows (animes too if p2p protocol ban)
>no other way to access internet other than the wifi provided because I don't even have the money for a memephone
>it's gonna be cold as fuck in the winter and hate the cold, lack of sun makes depresses me
>i'll be far from my siblings
>no games because laptop is shit

why do i bother again
>>
Do you need to do presentations in college?
>>
>>38967542
>>fucking limited internet
>>sadpanda probably banned
>>slow as shit
What kind of garbage school are you going to senpai?
>>
>>38967675
yes, so hopefully you enjoy them :)
>>
File: 1502053748996.jpg (495KB, 1305x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1502053748996.jpg
495KB, 1305x1265px
>wasted 2 years in community college now
>going on my third freshman year here
>will be 22 when I transfer
>2.0 GPA
Any advice lads?
>>
Why do freshman continue to look more like gremlins every year? I graduated college three years ago and noticed the trend during my senior, but I know it's not me getting older because people I knew and saw back then looked normal. Are you guys malnourished or something?
>>
>>38967752
has nothing to do with my school, the studio is part of social housing intented for students, it's cheap and state owned
maybe they restrict distractions so that students don't follow >>38967923
but it'll still piss me off if I can't let off some steam by fapping or shitposting
>>
>>38968087
Fast internet is a distraction???
>>
>>38968158
>porn
>MMOs
>streaming
>torrenting
looks like it is. don't get me wrong, I love having it.
>>
I'm going to get kicked out in December :3
>>
File: 1501837751519.jpg (19KB, 495x362px) Image search: [Google]
1501837751519.jpg
19KB, 495x362px
>>38968087
>even robots looking down on me
>>
File: 1496096262751.jpg (1MB, 4598x2094px) Image search: [Google]
1496096262751.jpg
1MB, 4598x2094px
>>38942568
I left my uni because I made the mistake of going in without knowing exactly why I wanted to go and gave into everyone else telling me to go. I'm almost done with my associates but I left for uni. I'm finishing it this time and I'll be taking courses to prepare me for my CCENT and CCNA.

I went to uni for Comp Sci and I dropped it a month later because I couldn't for the life of me solve any of the assignments and went to my professor's office asking for help to the point where he suggested I drop the course because I wouldn't pass that way.

I feel like this way is much better. Hopefully I won't end up broke on the street in the future. I don't feel that I have the mental capacity to handle uni. I've never had the mental capacity for academics. Must be why I was kicked out of my elementary school.
>>
>>38960328
If you can't pirate it then Amazon usually has a cheaper version that the school especially if you get it used or rent it.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.