[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /no meat/? >gout >makes you sluggish >body spends

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3271.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3271.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Who /no meat/?

>gout
>makes you sluggish
>body spends all energy breaking down shitty meat

Eat some broccoli
>>
>>38912636

I am /no meat/. I am 30 and constantly get carded when I buy drinks because I have a youthful appearance. Meat ages you, clogs your arteries, and yeah generally makes you sluggish. It takes far longer to digest than other foods. It was always meant as a means of survival, not a constant. Getting protein from plant foods and nuts is far superior, I bench 250 pounds and weigh 170. My favorite is when fatass steak eaters like to step to me and think they can knock my lights out cause they have meat in em, haha. Enjoy your bloated, chemically saturated animal byproducts you shills. You've made cows chickens and pigs the most populous creatures in the planet, more of them than humans.
>>
>>38912636
I went vegan a couple months ago and will never go back. I've never had more energy or felt better. Good post, OP. Lentils ftw
>>
>>38912719

Damn solid bench
>>
>>38912719
How long have you been /nomeat/?
>>
>>38912732

Thanks brah. I've worked to get there.
>>
>>38912636
>>38912719
>>38912729
>>38912732
>>38912739
>>38912742
>t. Bossy little Mr skletals who are autistic about food
>>
This vegan/vegetarian r9k community cracks me up so much. I don't eat meat either lol

It sucks if I dont have access to good food or someone is cooking for me. But if left alone to do my own shopping and cook for myself I love every second of it
>>
>>38912739

Since high school when I could choose my own meals. Never did like the taste desu so going no meat was easy. Still, if I found it tasty I would abstain. The cons just outweigh the pros. Unless you're a hunter on the plains needing to kill animals to survive, spending a majority of your days burning calories, you're just taxing your body having all that animal fat just sit in your gut. The itis is real.
>>
>>38912774
I'm no skelly, and I eat a 100% whole food vegan diet. I have a perfect BMI, am athletic, and have shitloads of energy. I prepare lots of rice and beans or lentils in advance to have for days, make a smoothie for breakfast, and have one meal of potatoes with veggies. It's a lot of cooking, but I enjoy it and the benefits are worth it
>>
>>38912784
Good shit. And you're right. When I was a child and teenager, I would literally gag eating eggs or chicken. When I started bodybuilding later in life I thought I needed those foods. When I went vegan I looked back and realized it was only natural to reject those foods. You're literally eating burnt carcass. It's not meant to be tasty. And these foods omy are tasty if covered in sauces or spices. By themselves they are shit.
>>
>>38912774
mad because bad kekkers mate
>>
>>38912636
I'd say it's also easier to eat more calories than you need when eating meat. I don't eat any meat or fish anymore and I lost 6kg of weight without any extra activity in the space of 6 months, bringing me into healthy BMI. Entering ottermode muscle territory now.

Having less chub on your face makes you look more manly, too. I can say I probably have less brain fog on my current diet as well.
>>
>>38912636
>>38912636

Na mate
>veggis aren't /paleo/
i'm on an all paleo diet you should do it too, it enegrises me and makes me feel more connected to our basic human form.
>>
>>38912729
>I went vegan a couple months ago and will never go back. I've never had more energy or felt better. Good post, OP. Lentils ftw

I was vegan for a few months but it's just such a hard diet to maintain when you literally can never eat out. The only real vegan options are a bean burrito fresco style at taco bell and I got sick of that quickly.

I want to cut out animal products but when I can't even really go to an asian restaurant and order a tofu dish without being sure if they used animal products it's hard to do

I probably will dedicate more effort after I graduate college, I don't even have a kitchen now.
>>
>>38913053
this is honestly a very good point, fair enough to you
>>
>>38913088
I'm assuming you cook most of your meals?

Did you start cooking after becoming vegan or were you already interested in cooking before?
>>
I wouldn't call myself vegetarian or vegan as I still use/eat other animal products but I completely gave up meat a while ago, and I never ate seafood anyways as I didn't like it and giving up meat was the best quick weight drop I ever had next to giving up soda.

I don't get when there are people who say that a non-meat meal will never reach the level of a meat meal when it comes to taste and stuff. Yeah, maybe the whole just copying a meat meal but replacing it with a meat substitute, that's the case, but when it comes to actual just vegetarian meals and stuff like that, there's some good shit out there. You just gotta stick to their own recipes instead of trying to replicate recipes with meat in them but replacing the meat with a substitute.
>>
Michael Jordan ate a steak at Gibsons Steakhouse on game day before every home game he played in throughout his entire career. Didn't look very sluggish to me.
>>
File: 1498253495638.jpg (14KB, 325x305px) Image search: [Google]
1498253495638.jpg
14KB, 325x305px
>>38912636
Vegan for around 7 years, and counting.

>lots of fruit
>I mean LOTS of it
>actual apple a day, but with like 9 more fruits behind it
>some kind of green vegetable every day and broccoli most days
>oatz
>rice
>potatoes
>salads for breakfast?!
>tall glass of soy milk errday, fuck the haters, I like my girly drink
>1-2 servings of legumes every day, maybe even edamame if I'm going nuts on the girly beans
>a few bites of nuts/seeds errday
>a serving or two of bread a day because I don't have celiac and I like my gluten
>veggies out the wazoo
>actually really like tofu
>fucking pasta
>soy-based baby formula, that's some OG vegan shit right out of the womb

>hair's fucking gorgeous
>eat as much as I want, including pure garbage on top of the above
>shits are immaculate
>girls actually compliment the taste of my cum
>generally feel clean and energetic
>don't break out anymore
>officially past the point where people wonder if my diet is going to kill me
>actually managed to affect a change in people's eating habits around me without preaching, just by eating a bunch of vegan shit

>no veggie gf
>>
>>38912636
Nobody cares about your stupid fucking normie drugs.
>>
When i cook vegetarian meals and eat to fullness, I just naturally avoid red meat after.
>>
File: 1495323887868.jpg (48KB, 577x382px) Image search: [Google]
1495323887868.jpg
48KB, 577x382px
>>38912636
I would have tried out veganism ages ago but you guys are so obnoxious about it id rather not be associated with you, i still occasionally eat meat but ill never call myself a vegan out in public, you guys make me ashamed to eat healthy
>>
>>38913218
It was only sometimes and it was AFTER the game. You're also comparing a single anecdote regarding the greatest basketballer ever to medical literature.

Don't do this
>>
100%. It's crazy how everyone is concerned with you at first but then they see you looking healthy and doing well and they start to incorporate it into their diets
>>
>>38913310
>being such a pussy about how others perceive you that it stops you doing what you want to do
So either you're lying about wanting to be vegan or you're a complete cuck.
>>
>>38913310
>you guys
there's vegan threads maybe like once a month
>>
File: Tree_f09238_912581.jpg (39KB, 485x321px) Image search: [Google]
Tree_f09238_912581.jpg
39KB, 485x321px
>>38913310
The V word still makes me uncomfortable and I avoid it, too despite being vegan in practice. I dunno how I feel about the ethical implications of being a closet vegan, but it's a real thing.

Sometimes, when you meet a new group of people, it's fun to see how long you can know them without them knowing you're a vegan. I've managed a solid two months with roommates before.
>>
>allergic to legumes
I couldn't be vegan if I tried. Too many nutrients I couldnt get.
>>
>>38913337
>it stops you doing what you want to do
>i still occasionally eat meat but ill never call myself a vegan out in public
I want the diet, can't ask anyone on diet improvements that are purely vegan because of the stigma you vegans bring to it with your attention whoring and higher than thou attitude
>"does it have to be full vegan? why? you still it meat right?"
Fucking worse than being gay

>>38913357
>doesn't get the "you guys" was referring to vegans

>>38913439
I just eat a meat burger every now and then to keep up appearances, out and loud vegans are fucking the most obnoxious asshats ive ever met IRL
Ive been asked twice in my life if i am vegan and both times were at a party by someone that was a walking hippy stereotype, both of them looked like they were trying to parody the worst 70's look they could come up with, with beads and everything
Closet veganism is the only way for me, i don't ever want people to think i am one of them, i actually work for a living instead of making little knick knacks while the partner pays the bills
>>
Not vegan, just try cutting out meat from your diet.
>>
>>38912719
>250
>weighs 170
Kek. Should have eaten big.
>>
>>38913535
At no point in this shittily written, rambling post did you actually answer my question. You actively do things you don't want to do because you're scared about how you're perceived. That is 100% your fault. You're a pussy. Stop trying to blame others for your lack of gumption and integrity.
>>
File: 1495358257793.png (27KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
1495358257793.png
27KB, 625x790px
>>38913596
>integrity and gumption
Have one last (you)
>>
>>38912719
>refuses to eat meat for health reasons
>drinks alcohol
LMAO!!!!! DUMB FUCKING IDIOT!!!!
>>
>>38913641
>want to do something
>don't do it because doesn't know how and is afraid of being perceived negatively by others
>not a lack of gumption and integrity
Stop pretending you want to eat better. Stop virtue signalling.
>>
>>38913680
>alcoholism
88,000 deaths per year

>IHD, CHD, CVD, Diabetes, Alzheimers, Cancer
Millions of deaths per year

Hmm... it's almost as if one contributes more to deaths per year than the other...
>>
I'm looking to cut out red meat and reduce my chicken intake and mainly eat fish. I'd also like to increase the amount of veggies I eat. Can anybody give me some tips on what to buy? Like for the veggies part, I know lentils are good, right? And also, what's a good fish to buy?
>>
>>38913881
Lentils and beans are very good. They're high fiber and will keep you full. Whole grain brown rice and oatmeal should be the bulk of your calories. Potatoes of all kinds are great. Each meal, try to get in a handful or two of greens like kale or broccoli. Smoothies are a goo option because you can throw in 6 or 7 bananaswith some berries aND have fuel for hours. Use unsweetened cocoa powder for extra flavor. You're gonna live it dude. People have this idea of veganism as a salad diet. Whole grains and starches are healthy as fuck and give you energy
>>
>>38913881
I don't know too much about the fish, but broccoli is good and fairly cheap, garlic is easy to add to virtually any dish, potatoes are extremely versatile and can be used to make a lot of things, beans of any kind can be cooked and eaten fairly easily with little modification

Some people like salads, I never eat them
>>
>>38913316
No, he ate the same meal BEFORE every game, a 23 ounce steak, baked potato, and ginger ale
>>
>>38913881
There is no fish that's good to buy. They're all full of mercury, on top of the cholesterol and saturated fat. Eat beans and lentils instead
>>
>>38914080
Eat anchovies or sardines
>>
>>38912636
No, ill keep eating meat thanks.
>>
Everyone who is athletic eats meat. I'm talking college or professional level, not all you fat blob vegetarians in this thread trying to lose weight.
>>
>>38914103
Why? I could get protein from whole grains and beans instead. I get all my omega 3 from flax seed. Fish has too much cholesterol and saturated fat to be healthy
>>
>>38914231
Vegan NFL lineman:
http://www.gq.com/story/vegan-diet-of-nfl-player-david-carter

Vegan ultraman (they run like 3 iron man races or something):
http://www.greatveganathletes.com/rich-roll-vegan-ultraman

>Buhhh Buhhh but I need muh meat!!!
>>
>>38914232
Fish is up there in the top things you can possibly eat, seed boy
>>
>>38912636
nice weed
>>
>>38914264
Not a very good example, NFL lineman are fatasses like you.
>>
>>38914270
How? Like I said twice, it has cholesterol and saturated fat. Oh and MERCURY. I don't need or want to eat fish. I'm not trying to save the animals. I'm trying to be healthy. And I am. Perfect BMI. I have shitloads of energy. Perfect blood pressure. Can you say the same...?
>>
I only eat eggs broccoli some other vegetables and nuts

This is really all you need to survive but the Jews will tell you otherwise because they want to make you consume more junk
>>
>>38914232
You're so full of mom-science it's hilarious. Fish is fine, eat it like once or twice and week and you don't have to worry about mercury.
>>
>>38914313
>talks shit
>links nothing scientific showing cholesterol is healthy
>>
>>38913881
Dude, be like Lebron James and eat salmon with grilled pineapples everyday.
>>
>>38912636
Looks like a few grams of good mid grade from afar OP
>>
>>38914302
>save the animals
Not an argument; that's like saying you're gonna save the plants by not buying that broccoli in the shop. It's already there, already processed and all the animals behind it are gonna come through the same system.

And yea, perfect BMI of 22, with 12% bf. Blood work is beautiful, donate plasma twice a month. My energy lets me lift 4 times a week and train martial arts 4 times on top of a fulltime job and studying. So yea, I can
>>
>>38914298
Lol okay. He's strong as fuck and runs fast. He might have higher bodyfat than a cyclist or a swimmer, but he's still fit and healthy (but only AFTER he went vegan, if you read the article). Also, I'm not fat but nice try
>>
>>38914302
Oh yeah, believe me seed boy, I'm definitely healthier than you. Always was and always will be. I can tell from your posts that eating healthy is a new concept to you.
>>
>>38914461
This is shit tier bait tbqh
>>
>>38914370
I wasn't saying I was saving the animals, but the opposite. All that fat is clogging your brain. You'll have alzeihmer's for sure. I know my choices have an infinitesimal effect on animal agriculture. Youre probably young, and if you work out that much you're going to be healthy for now. But when you're older your choices will catch up with you like every other westerner who eats meat and eggs and dairy. Like those professional athletes who drop dead of heart attacks before they're 60. If you're not lying or exaggerating your life, anyway. You could be a fatass for all I know
>>
>>38913808
Gonna need a source on those figures.
Please also include all alcohol related deaths, because im pretty sure not only alcoholics die due to it
>>
>>38914550
>he can't Google leading causes of death in america
>he thinks alcohol can pull millions of deaths from the ether to compete with meat in contributing to death
Too much meat in your diet it seems
>>
I follow the Mediterranean diet because those who eat it live the longest. It includes fish and poultry at least twice a week, red meat only about twice a month.
>>
Vegans btfo in their own thread.
>>
You're killing more animals than you were before.
Theres a whole lot more into the process but the main issue is you eat more square acres to survive than the equivalent meat would have eaten to survive to give you the same level of calories. This means you're being vastly less efficient which means more acres of greens need to be made just for you. This means tilling the fields, pesticides, possibly anti-insect gmo style plants and clearing areas for more fields if that lifestyle catches on otherwise we couldn't grow enough food, cheaper labor being need.
All of that kills animals like field mice, rabbits, foxes, deer, pheasants, basically everything you'd find living off the land in your average farm and the fish that get the runoff. Then more cause those cheaper paid laborers can't afford your lifestyle and support themselves so they're now also eating cheaper to buy beef.

Tl;dr vegetarianism and veganism in the long run and grand scheme of things actually kill more than they save. You idiot.
>>
It's not about saving animals, red meat is unhealthy to consume.
>>
>>38914833

To overconsume*

I cannot deny that it is delicious when prepared correctly.
>>
File: 1490783179623.jpg (20KB, 519x422px) Image search: [Google]
1490783179623.jpg
20KB, 519x422px
>>38912636
>that
>broccoli

What the fuck OP? That's mulch or broccoli from a fucking can.
>>
>>38915112

>broccoli from a can

Only 2 scoops of it
>>
>>38915112
Its spinach mate
>>
File: 1486247070774.jpg (18KB, 239x297px) Image search: [Google]
1486247070774.jpg
18KB, 239x297px
>>38915142
It's barely a fucking vegetable at this point
>>
>>38914704
Actually the longest living group is the Californian Adventists who are primarily vegan. Sorry dude.
>>
File: TWO.jpg (110KB, 671x840px) Image search: [Google]
TWO.jpg
110KB, 671x840px
>>38915129
>Only 2 scoops
>>
File: IMG_3183.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3183.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Shud I get another scoop?
>>
>>38912719
>they think they can knock my lights out

You've never been in a fight ever

You're just an internet toughguy
>>
>>38915161
Nah squirt, i'd prove you're wrong again but I just don't care anymore.
>>
>>38915324
Awww. Poor anon. Even though it's anonymous he still gets self-conscious when called out.
>>
>>38915324
>you're wrong and I'm right but I'm not going to tell you why because I don't feel like it :))))))))
Are you 6?
>>
Sheeeit son this thread makes me question my carnivorous lifestyle I eat meat pretty much every meal, but I wanna get trim and fit while still building muscle I just don't think I could change I'm so set in my ways T_T
>>
>>38915515

The overconsumption of meat is what's wrong with the world.

Meat is available at every block, hot and ready for order, why wouldn't we over consume it?
>>
>>38915515
If you want to build any muscle then you have to eat meat. You think Michael Phelps doesn't eat meat when he trains? Of course he does.
>>
>>38915757
>someone else does it so it's a good idea
How unscientific
>>
I bought a personal smoothie blender and have been making a bunch of of them. They're fucking delicious and I can stop eating junk food
>>
>>38915838
If you ever decide to compete in anything athletic in your life, you will learn very quickly the role of meat in an athletes life.
>>
>>38913245
pasta + pesto = hnnnng
>>
>>38912636
Is there a vegan raid on /r9k/.
>>
>>38916239
Yeah, we never have the energy for physical activity so we're on here.
>>
>>38914620
>he thinks all of those are solely meat's fault
>>
>switch to vegetarian diet
>shit 4-5 times a day
>>
>>38916096
I already have competed but you're also ignoring the examples in this thread of top tier vegan athletes. But I'll humour you: what is found in meat that makes it a necessity for athletes

>inb4 protein which all plants have
>>
>>38916352
>he lacks reading comprehension
Carnies are the dumbest tbqh
>>
>>38914478
>you're probably young
35 in a few months. Try again
>but when you're older your choices will catch up with you
Sure, that's why I have a family history of making 80+ consistently. I keep a close eye on my bloods and other works, asthma is a shit but that was easily mitigated with exercise.
I was a fatass all the way through my 20s, turned it around and healthier than I've ever been. Funnily 8/10 vegans I meet are overweight and "carb-otarians" as I call them. Diet=\=guaranteed health. We could banter back and forth till your cows and my steak comes home but it's not gonna solve anything. There's nothing wrong with meat in moderation, but that's the key word; moderation. Hell everything is bad for you in excess.
>>
>>38916513
35 is still youngish. I don't know why people think you're old as soon as you hit 20 or 25. You're only entering into the middle of your life, or not even into it depending on where you are and how you eat
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.