[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here experienced anhedonia caused by antipsychotics?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 1499068822574.jpg (133KB, 700x869px) Image search: [Google]
1499068822574.jpg
133KB, 700x869px
Has anyone here experienced anhedonia caused by antipsychotics?

Anhedonia is defined as the inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable, e.g. exercise, hobbies, sexual activities or social interactions.

What can you do with your time when you have anhedonia? All I do all day is read
>>
>>38912412
What caused by what?
>>
>>38912659
People with schizophrenia and bipolar take antipsychotic medicine. This makes them feel less pleasure and reduces their quality of life
>>
>>38912412
Yeah, it's not so bad though, I have to admit it's better to feel nothing than the constant of swinging between feeling on top of the world for a bit, only to crash so hard you feel beneath the earth. It's a really hard way to live. Though I miss feeling good sometimes, I just have to remember what feeling good entails for me.

I used to have alot of friends before I started taking my medication but I just kinda stopped talking to them, it just feels like a chore, I mostly just work now, and if I'm not working I just sleep most of the day until I have to work.
>>
>>38912710
Good. I'm glad those kinds of people don't get to enjoy life when they're making everyone around them miserable. The jews finally did something right for once.
>>
>>38912890
You stopped talking to your friends because you felt like you couldn't perform well enough to make them like being around you. This is because antipsychotic meds suppresses your dopaminergic system. Your feedback mechanism loop between effort and reward when you socialize weakens, so you stop improving your social skills and instead turn to escapism instead. Some antipsychotics will let you get pleasure from reading and playing video games and such but other antipsychotics will only let you feel pleasure eating. I'm on the latter kind of antipsychotics and I can't stop taking them because the withdrawal symptoms makes me feel like shit. It makes me manic and suicidal
>>
>>38912412
I have this just from isolation and nothing to do. vaca mews
>>
>>38912915
Fuck you you fucking nigger, schizos are a gift from the heavens you're just too blue pilled to realize it. Faggot.
>>
File: 1498047018875.png (46KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1498047018875.png
46KB, 350x350px
>>38913102
You smell like a latent normie. You would probably regain your ability to feel pleasure from socializing if you just stopped hating yourself. If you truly believe that there's something that you can do to make people like you then simply just thinking about doing that thing will make you produce the neurochemicals that makes you feel good. If you don't feel like you could do anything to make people like you, then you won't feel good even when they do like you. Self-esteem is pretty important
>>
>>38913149
they are two or more awful people rolled into one. It's like ordering some food but instead you get an "IOU chickin lol" note, a heap of shit and some cunt throwing rocks at your car
>>
>>38913205
Your problem is seriously you worrying about whether or not other people like you? Nigga, you can enjoy activities whether people like you or not.
>>
>>38912412
What kind of jew is in OP's pic?
>>
>>38913271
Not if you have anhedonia you fucking neurotype.
>>
>>38913309
If you had anhedonia, then you wouldn't be able to feel pleasure whether people like you or not. Either situation means other people have nothing to do with your personal issue.
>>
>>38913326
I mean with anhedonia you're not going to particularly "enjoy" it either way. But it's good to be around people who like you for a multitude of reasons, and also you are very unlikely to be doing an activity BECAUSE people don't like you so even if you could enjoy the activity you won't go because there is no true incentive
>>
>>38913391
The fuck are you talking about nigga? If you enjoy doing something, the incentive is to do that thing. If you don't enjoy doing anything, then why don't you just not do anything?
>>
>>38913326
You can still feel a little pleasure from eating, masturbating, peeing and being liked by others and such, but you feel less pleasure than you would've in your normal state.
>>
>>38913271
If you can manage to become liked by just one person that you like then you will produce most of the neurochemicals that makes us feel good. Stop browsing wizchan. You can't live a fulfilling life alone.
>>
>>38913455
I know what anhedonia is. What we're discussing is the fact that he's acting like he can't enjoy shit because he can't get other people to like him.
>>38913480
Again, this has nothing to do with enjoying activities. Unless the kind of activities you used to enjoy were literally just going around convincing people to like you.
>>
>>38913248
What the fuck are you on about mate? Do you even know what schizophrenia is?
>>
>>38913510
Sounded pretty spot on to me.
>>
>>38913500
When I have anhedonia my favorite activities are eating, listening to music and thinking about things to shitpost. The anticipation of making people laugh makes me produce dopamine.

When I'm off the medicine that gives me the most anhedonia my favorite activity is to play video games

When I'm off all meds my favorite activity is to socialize.

Thinking about doing things that you think will make other people like you and then doing them is the healhiest hobby you can have, because it will lead you to a healthy lifestyle where you get to experience the pleasures of life
>>
>>38913646
First off, no one wants you to socialize when you're off your meds. Secondly, you don't have anhedonia if you can still enjoy those things. You're just asocial when you're on your meds because you realize it's stupid and pointless. The only real pleasures in life come from within.
>>
>>38913706
They sure do come from within, but you can't produce all the neurochemicals that makes us feel good if you're not liked by someone that you like.
>>
>>38913771
Why do you like anybody at all? People are vermin. Do you want rats and roaches to like you too?
>>
Im experiencing it right now and i love it. Nothing matters so i dont stress about tests and i do good on them now. Whats your condition OP? The doctors have no idea what i am so they labelled me psychotic just to be safe
>>
>>38913813
What's so hard to understand? I like people because they make me feel good. Stop browsing wizchan. That place is toxic. I'll bet that whatever your asocial hobby is the source of the pleasure that you get from hobby comes from the anticipation of impressing someone
>>
i was given olanzapine so i could improve my sleep during depression. really flattened me out. no joy, but also no sadness. i just concentrated on work (programming) for 8-10 hours. wasn't bad.
>>
>>38913908
Obviously they don't make you feel good when you have "anhedonia."
>>
File: You're a valuable goy.png (174KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
You're a valuable goy.png
174KB, 1280x1024px
>>38912890
>I mostly just work
>>38913993
>i just concentrated on work
>>
>>38914016
Socializing might not make me feel good but thinking about things to shitpost do. The anticipation of making people laugh makes me produce dopamine.

If I had friends then thinking about ways to make them laugh would make me feel good too
>>
>>38914086
If it's the thought that counts, why don't you just pretend you have friends and think of ways of making them laugh?
>>
>>38914064
I work for the government, so Mr sheckelsteins taxes are paying for me to push papers all day.
>>
>>38914124
It's the goyim's taxes who are paying you to push papers all day for Mr. Shekelstein's benefit.
>>
>>38914112
Why do you think I'm here? But I want to feel pleasure from more neurochemicals than just dopamine.
>>
>>38914228
Why don't you just take drugs that make you feel good?
>>
File: 1421723437020.jpg (69KB, 611x548px) Image search: [Google]
1421723437020.jpg
69KB, 611x548px
>r9ker being dumb enough to take antipsychotics when being psychotic means seeing the world through a warped perspective
They want all redpilled on brain sabotaging drugs Neo.

Enjoy your permanent brain damage (they call them shrinks for a reason mister low IQ), baldness, gynecomastia, obesity, and permanent twitches, along with the temporary impotence, you being able to have your brain active and functional enough to enjoy things aside.

If normies think you see the world wrong, they'll not help you but try to fix you through a slow more humane lobotomy.
>>
>>38914124
>>38914064
neets and public sector parasites get out reeeeee
>>
>>38914421

I work in a relatively useful sector of the government, though I realise that most public sector workers are cancer
>>
>>38914330
I will try drugs but I want stabilize my bipolar first. I want to stop taking the medicine that gives me inhedonia and I want to find some drugs that cures the the withdrawal symptoms.
>>
Am on abilify aripripzole anti psychotic , it takes around 35 days for it to leave the system with its metabolites.

So even when you choose to quit this drug, i would still be unable to connect to other humans for up to 22 days or more.

Forget dating. Its like talking to a brick wall.
>>
>>38914573
Weed is pretty good for withdrawal symptoms. Works for people quitting opioids, alcohol, and tobacco, so it'd probably work for you. Be careful with how strong of a strain you get, though. Some of the super strong shit can induce psychotic episodes in people who don't even already have a mental disorder. Try to find a nice calming strain.
>>
Vocabulary on anti-psychotics during social situations includes:

Yeah
True
No
Ha
Kinda

Its as if your brain expects them to telepathically pick up how you feel about what they said.
>>
>>38914354
And helping a psychotic to live a normal life is bad? How?
Was in a clinic where one of the patients were psychotic. He told me he was invincible when no other human could see him. He was the first human of the 3rd dimension where he even met the god cards of Yu-Gi-Oh(no fucking joke)
He could "change" the music by his own movement alone.

Srsly...
>>
>>38914603
What's the drug of choice for dealing with the withdrawal symptoms when you're coming off of antipsychotics?
>>
>>38914711
Depends on the drug you've been taking.

You want a drug that induces specific enzyme activity to metabolize the drug in your system quicker.

Google will tell you what enzyme breaks down your drug and if you look for inducers of that enzyme you will find a list of drugs that induce them enzymes to work harder.
>>
>>38914800
I don't have the brain capacity to do that shit while I'm on zyprexa
>>
>>38912412
NOPE

>>38912710
This isnt true, it actually increases quality of life. Youre not constantly on the edge and you can think slowly and calmly.

Op decrease your dose, and only use antipsychs to calm you down a bit you dont need to be completely pilled out.
>>
>>38912412
It's sometimes hard to tell what's caused by the illness (negative symptoms of schizophrenia) and what's caused by the side effects of the medication you take against it.

In my case I experienced the lack of joy in former activities in the beginning, right after my first psychosis, to a great degree. But it got much better over the years, and I even upped my dosage of my meds (abilify). At first I used to blame the meds too, now I'm not so sure. But maybe it was the meds and my body and mind just got used to them. It's really hard to tell.

You could always talk with your psychiatrist about it and maybe try to adjust your dosage or try out a different kind of antipsychotic. But maybe it's also just a negative symptom of schizophrenia, that's causing it, in which case there's not much you can do about it, just giving it much time to heal and get better in my experience at least.
>>
>>38914923
If you didn't have anhedonia right now you would get enough pleasure from thinking to be able to come to the same conclusion as me. That antipsychotics makes you less social and that this is bad for someone on the autism spectrum.
>>
>>38914702
Just because someone thinks you're psychotic for being robotic doesn't mean you're actually going through psychosis.

That person you were seeing could have been any number of things that don't warrant psychotics. He could have had factitious disorder.

Psych majors assume shit, then let bakas assume that they're right after hearing about their scientific methods that they've used to prove that illnesses exist, such methods that they won't use on you when they guess (brain scans, chemical analysis, genetic research (as in actual, not asking you about your relatives and their possible diagnoses)).
>>
>>38912412
Yes and I'm so fucking bored all the time. Nothing gives me pleasure except for food
>>
>>38915082
I completely agree with you.
Just asking why it would be (((bad))) to help those ppl to live a normal life instead of saying "(((They))) want to hurt you by describing pills to you"
Or i understood that anon/you wrong.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.