[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

drinking myself stupid every night

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: shutterstock_112594832.jpg (838KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_112594832.jpg
838KB, 3000x2000px
how do i stop?
i wake up tired as fuck every morning because i drink a ton every night and once i start i can't stop.
>>
>>38906260
smoke weed everyday

eye3 es
>>
>>38906260
drink less
I did the same thing and now I don't do that anymore.
>>
Alcoholism general
>>
>>38906260
i do the same, once I start drinking I really can't stop
i'm trying to avoid alcohol entirely atm, but it's only been like 4 days and I usually drink daily.
>>
>>38906260
>once i start i can't stop
pretty much a good definition of alcoholism. It's all downhill from here, the only solution is to stop.

t. ex-raging alkie
>>
>tfw been drunk 3 times in the past 24 hours
>>
Either stop drinking completely or replace it with another vice (such as video games or weed)
>>
>>38906276
Yeah okay but how do you get weed when you have no friends and a limited ability to socialize?
>>
>>38906260
No clue. I'm in a very strange state right now. I'm miserable when I'm sober and the need to drink grows until I finally do, and it's amazing. Then I wake up and I'm sick the rest of the week unable to eat or move and the cycle repeats. I'm basically just poisoning myself to escape my feelings then feeling even worse but there is no better than this except the first few hours when I've started drinking.
>>
>>38906293
This. Gradually reduce your dose. I started with 2liters of beer and 250 of hard liquer almos every day, and now i have 2 beers every 3 days.
>>
>>38906449
>>38906293
a genuine alcoholic can't do that. you would be classified as a hard drinker, they can step back and get control of it.
>>
>>38906276
I definitely smoke my fair share, but I find weed far inferior to alcohol.
>>
>tfw I'm drunk at least every other day
>even brew my own beer so I can drink quality stuff without spending a fortune

Feels decent.
>>
>>38906260
told myself I wasnt gonna drink today but im on my 5th drink tonite.
havent gone a day without drinking in over a month
know i should slow it down or stop but why?
dont really have anything else good in my life so i might as well do the one thing that i enjoy
worst case i get liver failure then id probably just shoot myself
>>
>>38906588
you get the shakes when you wake up yet?
>>
Is your name Lukas? if so, good luck man. im pulling for you.
>>
How do you deal with the hangovers? I can't even hardly function the next day if I get to the point I like to be at
>>
>>38906642
Not OP, but I drink every night and hangovers don't really happen. You may feel sluggish in the morning but I don't get headaches or anything anymore.
>>
>>38906490
>a genuine alcoholic
literally as real as "muh transexuality" and tumblr PTSD
>>
>>38906761
You know that people literally die from alcohol withdrawal right?
>>
>>38906800
and trannies kill themselves all the time too
>>
>>38906399
best shot is from a co-worker, or friend, even family, literally anyone you know who you think might have a hookup, ask. you don't need any social skills to ask for bud.
>>
http://boards.4chan.org/adv/thread/18597478#bottom

Has anyone here went through this?
>>
>>38906260
You just stop

Anon nobody is going to type some words to you and all of a sudden you have an epiphany, an "Ahah!" moment where all of a sudden you realize that you need to stop being an alcoholic

The only one who can change this situation is you. This isn't a meme it's the truth

Just stop buying alcohol. Anon this is serious. Wake up from your stupor of habit, have a moment of lucid clarity, right now as you're reading this, and go throw out all of your alcohol, NOW. ALL OF IT. I'm serious. Dump it down the drain, throw out the bottles, and don't buy anymore

That's the only way.
>>
>>38906610
well, i went until about 10 pm tonite without drinking, then got real shaky after first drink...
never get shakes or hangovers when i wake up
>>
File: 1499327029514.jpg (56KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1499327029514.jpg
56KB, 657x527px
>>38906260
Follow me towards liver failure mango.
I'll stop when Im dead which is hopefully soon.
>>
>>38906911
The problem of alcoholism is that at some point you will forget that you had to be sober (psychologists call them "blank apots"), you will buy some alcohol and you'll start the cycle again.
The best way to get over it is having someone checking on you costantly. Parents are the best option.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrTlI6seM0A

I drink daily and when I drink one drink I really struggle to stop and end up just drinking til I throw up/black out, but this is a pretty good video
>>
>>38906848
The only person I know that might have a hookup is one of my mom's friends. Should I risk asking her?
>>
>>38906966
>>>38906848
>The only person I know that might have a hookup is one of my mom's friends. Should I risk asking her?
Just get a recommendation via some site. All it took was like a 30second phone call where you say you have a bit of anxiety and trouble sleeping and you get a recommendation for medical marijuana for a year.
>>
I've been sober a few years now, was an alcoholic for twelve years.

>started innocently in high school partying on the weekends
>then became a regular thing EVERY weekend
>I hated life so much I figured I might as well drink every night
>lost my job and said the hell with it, I'll drink during the day too
>then I started feeling really bad when the alcohol would wear off, needed to have it in my system 24/7 to avoid withdrawals
>life went to absolute shit, was homeless, did jail time
>the times I was forced to go without, I ended up having seizures, panic attacks, cold sweats, couldn't eat or sleep for several days, at the worst I even hallucinated.

well, enough was enough, I couldn't do it anymore. The only solution once you hit the point of no return is to simply abstain, it doesn't get better. I post my 'horror' story to warn others.
>>
>>38906683
This desu, I drink myself to sleep almost every night and never get hangovers
>>
>>38906966
Go to any hip concert, find a sociable weed dealer (30% of the crowd is dealing weed and pills, trust me)m buy from him 4-5 grams, smoke some, compliment him and ask him for his number.
Bam, you've got yourself a dealer. White college kids usually have the best affordable weed, to get better weed you either have to live in a legal state, or you need to know crews of dedicated stoners.
>>
I'm not op but I live in a medical marijuana state would a doc issue me a card if I say I want to smoke to stop drinking?
>>
>>38907041

Say that you are under stress, and currently drink to help cope with the stress, but you think that pot might be a better solution.
>>
>>38906588
this is how i feel about it. i drink literally every night but... idk there just seems like theres no point to anything and i'm still alive and barely scraping by so what difference does it really make?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.