[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500. It set me back less than

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2570.jpg (398KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2570.jpg
398KB, 1080x1080px
This is my 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500. It set me back less than $5000... and let me explain to you just how much car that is for the moola.
It's got a big v8 and it's fast. (0-60 in 5.7), handles much better than you'd expect, especially in sport mode. The steering is HEAVY and feels just so nice after driving cars with light steering for years. And as a Mercedes that originally stickered for big money, it's... luxurious. The brand new air suspension can be pretty stiff in sport mode, but while in comfort delivers fluffy cloud ride quality. And then there's the interior. Simply draped in leather and wood with a level of fit and finish that is nothing short of remarkable. the sound system is glorious, producing bass that shakes the car and levels of volume that will easily deafen you.
to everyone about to comment "a cheap Mercedes is the most expensive car you can buy" , I'm not as dumb as you think: this car is not like most cheap Mercs.
I picked it up from a wealthy business man who had meticulously maintained it for 15 years, and had driven it just 92,000 miles after he bought it new. He also did me a huge service by replacing all four corners of the air suspension which is what always goes wrong with these cars and costs huge money.
Overall, If I tried to explain just how much I love my 500 black Benz to a non car enthusiast, he or she would think I was a ridiculous person
>>
How do you afford car insurance?
>>
>>38896854
Enjoy spending another 5k in repairs within the year. There's a reason they're 5k and you never see them on the road.
>>
>>38896854
I don't know where you live, anon, but in my area it's relatively easy to get used Benzes cheap. They're great cars, but they don't hold their value for shit.
>>
>>38896896
My parents pay for it
>>
File: miata.jpg (104KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
miata.jpg
104KB, 1280x850px
You should a bought a Miata

You fucked up lol
>>
File: thereisagodandhisnameis.jpg (292KB, 1040x555px) Image search: [Google]
thereisagodandhisnameis.jpg
292KB, 1040x555px
>>38896854

Never mind me, just passing through.
>>
>>38896999

Trips represent. Here's your V8 Merc, OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV9rJwEOCus
>>
If it ain't AMG it's just a badge my dude
>>
File: BMW.jpg (611KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
BMW.jpg
611KB, 2048x1536px
>>38896854
>>38896927
>bought large V8 land yacht for $3,200
>drives like a dream
>had it 9 years
>very few problems, mostly minor stuff
>only about $1,000 put into repairs and maintenance during that whole time
>still drives like a dream
>$4,200 to own an amazing V8 luxury car for 9 years
>people be like "hurr enjoy your unreliable junk and huge repair costs"
>meanwhile they spend like $20-30 thousand on a Toyota/Honda or whatever other shitbox every five years
>somehow this is cheaper in their mind
>>
>>38896854
I really want a black 2006 Lexus LS430. Looks similar to your car. It's so sexy but theyre all around 9-10,000
>>
File: PA170101.jpg (662KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PA170101.jpg
662KB, 1600x1200px
>>38897389

Cheers anon! We met on /o/ at some point in the past, good to see you still have it.
>>
>>38897484
>/o/
Man it's been a while since I've ventured over there.

Sure would love to have a huge garage with a lift.
>>
Bro I almost got a 2011 AMG E350. It was $18,000 and well worth the price, everything about that car was simply amazing. Only reason I didn't end up getting it is because my grandmas credit score was below 30 points needed, what the fuck right? I even had the money to make payments, but since I have zero credit it made it impossible to have it. Now I have to settle for a honda or some shit like that, I'm still mad.
>>
>>38897577

I hope you'll get one some day, it's handy for so much more beyond cars as well, the only thing I'm missing in that garage now is an overhead crane, I keep checking the ads for one to pop up. I took some pics while installing that lift, I can dump if you want to.
>>
>>38897389
Does every feature that came stock still work? If you say yes I know you're lying.
>>
File: IMG_2586.jpg (269KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2586.jpg
269KB, 1024x1024px
$5000 for this interior... lol
>>
>>38897749
The only one that doesn't is the driver seat power head rest lol
>>
>>38897749

One thing that's rare to see working is the aircon, altho I recently saw a 1981 Jag still running on its old R12 refrigerant
>>
>>38897389
Love your mentality
>>
>>38896854
Protip: He got rid of it just before the SBC unit failed. In about 10k miles or so you're going to get a "Brake Service" message that will never go away and it'll set a code for "SBC module runtime" that will not clear until you replace the SBC unit for a couple thousand dollars.
You're also going to start having tranny problems around 120-150k. Go in and replace the plug housing on the transmission for the TCM right now before it starts leaking too bad. If you don't you'll eventually get ATF pumped up the wires and into the TCM which will not only brick the module but you'll need to replace the whole transmission harness which is no small task on 2003s because it's integrated into the main harness.
M113s are not fun engines to work on. Even changing plugs takes about an hour just because of space constraints and there are fucking 16 of them. The water pumps also seem to fail at an alarming rate, almost as often as the valve cover gaskets.
>>
>>38897825
there was a recall for the SBC failure tho so all is good in the hood.
>>
>>38896854
What are the maintenance costs like
>>
>>38896854
I unironically have the chance to buy a pristine one of these for $4000, but I was told it gets atrocious mileage. How far do you get in it OP?
>>
File: IMG_1759.jpg (369KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1759.jpg
369KB, 1400x1050px
>You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
pleb
>>
>>38898071
17 city 24 highway but when I push it, probably 12 and 19
>>
>>38897749
Close, but not quite. Driver's seat needs repair for the height adjustment (one of the cables came loose). I think the power rear sunscreen thing has a problem. but I just left it down and haven't fooled with it in all these years because it blocks your view out the rear window too much. Also the flip-down ashtray broke sometime last year.

Also has some other issues like a noisy front shock, small dent in one fender, missing headlight washer cover, loose headlight trim piece, occasional idle variance and stalling when coming to a stop, seems to run a bit too rich at times, etc.

We're a bit behind on repairs because we were living in a condo with no driveway/garage access for a while, and now we've moved into a house again but it's a fixer-upper and all our time has been going into that.

>>38897783
Well this guy isn't me, but my power headrests are non-functional on both the driver and passenger seats. I don't think it's a tough fix, but I really couldn't care less about that adjustment.

>>38897795
Thankfully the BMW's AC stills works quite well. That is one thing I (and more so my mom, who I frequently drive around) wouldn't go without. If the AC failed it would either have to be fixed at any cost or the entire car replaced.
>>
>>38898009
That recall expired years ago. If your PO didn't replace it already you're fucked.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.