[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normies and birthdays

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: ThePartyGatesOfHellwithConfetti.jpg (461KB, 704x557px) Image search: [Google]
ThePartyGatesOfHellwithConfetti.jpg
461KB, 704x557px
Why do normies get upset and triggered if you don't tell them happy birthday on their birthday ? My failed normie friend got upset because I didn't tell him "happy birthday :)". He didn't get upset because I didn't got him a present but he got upset because I didn't tell him a fucking phrase. Why is that so ? It's the same with my normie family, they get triggered when I don't say happy birthday.
Why the fuck is that so important to them
>>
>>38874179
Its showing appreciation to them and that you remembered an important date in their year
>>
>>38874976
How is that important past 18 ? It just means that you're getting older and closer to death
>>
>>38875010
It just makes people feel appreciated. its just a small thing you can say to make someone happy
>>
>>38875075
One more or one less text message saying happy birthday, what does it change ? My failed normie friend got 20+ messages wishing him a happy birthday, why would one more coming from me matter.
I couldn't give less of a fuck if people didn't wish me a happy birthday
>>
>>38875183
Don't know how you're struggling with this
it makes them feel appreciated so just do it, it takes literally no effort on your part at all
>>
>>38875208
Why should I do it ? Just because it makes them feel appreciated ? They don't need me for that, they have their friends, girlfriends and boyfriends. They are appreciated enough
>>
>>38875183
The point isn't how many birthday messgaes you receive, but who you receive them from. If it doesn't matter to you, that's fine, it's your life. But there is no need for you to adamantly refuse to understand why it matters to other people. Maybe that person just wanted to feel like they matter to you, or at least that you spared them a passing thought. Whether or not it's how you really feel is irrelevant, because you want an explanation on why they feel the way they do
>>
>>38875273
I don't refuse to understand, I just don't get it. Plenty of times before I showed my appreciation for this friend, may it be on a birthday or not it shouldn't change a thing. I'm pretty quiet, it's hard for me to show my feelings and to show any emotion at all. I usually get pissed when he thinks he doesn't matter to me, I showed it lots of times or at least tried
>>
>>38875386
"happy birthday"
That's all you have to say whats the problem
>>
>>38875252
If you're gonna be this fucking dense then don't fucking do it. Like you said, it's not gonna change anything. So why even fucking ask?
>>
>>38875416
The "problem" is just that I don't give a fuck about birthdays
>>
>>38875695
wahhhh you dont care about it, who cares what you want its making sombodys day better you selfish cunt
>>
>>38875729
Seems like someone didn't wish you a happy birthday, Anon.
>>
>>38875747
Nah i just dont see how sombody can be so oblivious to something so obvious
>>
>>38875416
There's many things we do every day without a special reason, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to figure out why we do it and consciously decide whether to continue or not.
>>
>>38875818
Like I said I just don't fucking get it
>>
>>38875866
you don't get that you saying two words can make somebody a bit happier?
>>
>>38875903
Yes
This is an original post
>>
>>38875183
Perhaps he was expecting more from you. He might aswell see you has a closer friend then you see him anon. It's always nice to remember someones birthday
>>
File: 1497321893565.png (44KB, 744x687px) Image search: [Google]
1497321893565.png
44KB, 744x687px
>>38876454
He's the closest friend I have. Birthdays are among things that I don't understand from people, pic very related I guess
>>
>>38874976
This, it literally takes zero effort and not doing it just means that you don't care about the person at all.
>>
OP is literally autistic.

No point in trying to explain anything.
>>
I've never celebrated a birthday ever since I was born.
nor did I go to any Birthday parties, at all.
It's a meaningless event.
>>
>>38877067
Do you also not celebrate Christmas, New Years, national holidays? Or are you selective in your autism?
>>
>>38876768
Just show the friend some sympathy anon, even if you dont like it
>>
File: 1486593500733.jpg (68KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1486593500733.jpg
68KB, 658x662px
>>38877454
How do I show sympathy ?
>>
>>38877169
Nope, didn't celebrate any of those at all.
>>
>>38874179
Growing up, I never had friends who wished me happy birthday or had birthday parties. As a result I find it impossible to care about anyone's birthdays.
>>
>>38877517
Well, i respect your consistency.
>>
File: 1501920150496.jpg (292KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1501920150496.jpg
292KB, 633x758px
>>38877546
I thought that I didn't care about birthdays until the point where my family celebrated my younger brother's birthday, leaving me feel unwanted and rejected.

I hate birthdays.
>>
>>38877667
Did you give them the impression that you don't want your birthday celebrated? If so, you should mention you were wrong and a faggot.
>>
>>38876768
Having a celebration with a close friend is a very powerful feeling. Have you ever had that experience anon? Afterwards you feel like you can overcome all your problems. Maybe you can't but at least it gives you some motivation.
>>
>>38877698
That's whats pissing me off.
Birthdays has never been celebrated in the family, at all.
It was just so fucking sudden that they celebrated my brother's.
>>
>>38877835
He hasn't even showed any impression or whatever about birthdays.
>>
>>38877803
My friends didn't throw a party for my 18th birthday, which is to them a very important day etc... Not that I care, but this is kinda hypocritical
>>
>>38877835
>>38877857
That sucks, but maybe they will celebrate yours next. Hopefuly.
>>
>>38877859
You do realize you have to throw the party, not them, right?
>>
>>38877915
When they celebrate theirs, the one who's having his birthday doesn't throw the party, it was always like this since I first met them
>>
>>38877490
text or say "Happy Birthday" doesnt matter if you smile, just show a bit of happiness
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.