[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have any of you robots saved themselves with coding? im 31 and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1489296.jpg (565KB, 1760x2998px) Image search: [Google]
1489296.jpg
565KB, 1760x2998px
have any of you robots saved themselves with coding? im 31 and living with mom still and dont want to work, where do i get started to make six figures?
>>
post the nude version faggot
unless you truly are a faggot
>>
I did alright; work for Oracle on 50K GBP a year.
33. Was on 18K GBP a year about four years ago at my first web dev job.
I'm inside on a Friday night though and can't get laid so I don't know desu familia
>>
>>38853165
i want answers where did you start?
>>
>>38852964
>be 25 year old medfag
>decide to learn coding in spare time
>start with python on codeacademy, since I'm a weenie
>stumble a bit on novice stuff, feel discouraged, give up

Into the graveyard of unfinished hobbies it goes.
>>
>>38853629
You still there m8?
Oracle guy here - started for local digital agency. Only last three months, then got a job for 20K as an in-house web dev. Stayed around/worked way up to 30K for 2.5 years til I got sick of it (dead-end disorganised company). Got a job at London design agency, and stuck around for 7 months on 35K where a mate suggested I go for a role at Oracle. Waltzed into a 50K job.
>>
>>38854598

> London

Haha. Fucking sucks to be you mate.
Enjoy your muzzies and terrorist attacks. I'm sure the money will stop bullets and bombs.
>>
File: Eye-of-the-Invincible-FFIX.png (463KB, 821x575px) Image search: [Google]
Eye-of-the-Invincible-FFIX.png
463KB, 821x575px
>>38854632
Except I escape that rat-race and now work in Reading. How bout you m8
>>
>>38852964
You're not making 6 figures without 10-ish years of education and experience, and not just in coding but in project and people management.
>>
>>38854632
Truth you speak. Coding is all well and good and you can hit a high echelon, however for anything beyond 100000 GBP you gotta have some project and management experience.
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 828x828px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 828x828px
>>38852964
Fuck off, you fucking neet virgin retard. Stay out of my fucking field.

I've been working on that shit my whole fucking life. Since my first visual basic compiler on Windows 95, all I've ever been doing is mathematics and programming (ITS NOT """KODING""" YOU FUCKING NIGGER FAGGOT!!!), I've sacrificed every chance at social life for it, I stopped playing games and moved on to Linux just to keep learning, currently studying Theoretical Computer Science on mathematical faculty in the capital city of my shithole country.

And you think you can just """kode""" a fizzbuzz app in Java(TM) and earn six figures??

IVE PUT MY WHOLE LIFE INTO THIS SHIT, STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY FIELD I WILL KILL EVERYTHING YOU LOVE YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!! WHY DONTYOU BECOME A DOCTOR, OVERNIGHT, HUH??? WHY NOT JUST LEARN HOW TO FLY A PLANE AND EARN SIX FIGURES AS A PILOT, HUH??? HUH:!!????

WHY DOES EVERY FUCKING FAGGOT THINK THAT LEARNING A """""KODING""""" LANGUAGE WILL MAKE HIM ANY LESS WORTHLESS PILE OF CRAP THAN HE ALREADY IS?????
>>
>>38855244
I love how butthurt you are, stay mad.
Computing isn't just for autists. Also I'm clearly not neet if I'm earning mega-bucks at Oracle lel
>>
>>38855553
>im 31 and living with mom still and dont want to work
Your post says otherwise, you amnesiac nigger
>>
>>38852964
I'm not a robot (more of a visiting cyborg by /r9k/ standards) but here's my input. inb4 go away ree

* Assuming you're in the US, a bachelor's in _something_ (preferably CS) is the easiest ticket to interviews. If you can't get that much done, at least have a portfolio of projects on github or something.
* I wouldn't count on making 6 figures for a while, especially considering that you're 31 and just now asking this question. Programming jobs do pay well enough for you to live alone, though, and living alone is a ripoff.
* Start learning the basics of programming with an easy-to-learn language like Python. Python is a good way to learn the structure and syntax of most programming languages, without bogging you down with technical nuances.
* READ. I can't stress this enough. Frequently visit /r/programming (yes, I'm suggesting reddit) and soak in what you can. Look online for programming tutorials and articles. Even if everything you see is over your head, chances are you'll retain something that'll come in handy one day.
* Learn basic data structures and algorithms. On-the-spot whiteboard coding is unfortunately the cornerstone of many programming interviews, so you have to be prepared to do something likely unrelated to your job (e.g. reversing an array manually) to make it through the filter.
* Although not strictly necessary, being good at math goes hand-in-hand with programming, especially in game design.
* Scan the job market for what you should know. Web is big right now and will probably continue to be big, so learning Javascript and any of its many frameworks would probably be a good idea.

I've been working at one place for 3.5 years now (first job) and am making 65k. My salary climb so far has been 40-48-60-65. I could be working somewhere else and making more, but I like my place of work - I'm not just a number - and my salary supports my lifestyle.

I learned on my own time in high school and then went to college for it. YMMV.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.